Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Heroes & Villains: Their Pets

DanSandwichBoy

[201]Jul 12, 2006
    • level: 16
    OK, I put a purplish-white glow around Electromutt's saucer (like Static's), gave Sprocket's visor a translucent look the best I could, and gave him gray stripes (I looked up "tabby cat"). Also, I gave it a light blue background with some fluffs of white spray-painted on, so it could be a sky.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

3StarvingArtist

[202]Jul 12, 2006
    • level: 10

Tell you what -- give me a few days, and I can come up with a villain idea for you and send it to you via IM. Sound good?

3StarvingArtist

[203]Jul 12, 2006
    On the pic: Cute. Sprocket kinda reminds me of Streaky, and I like his expression. He's a wee bit chubby for a cat, but this can be rectified by simply observing pictures of cats to see how they're built (the same with almost anything, really).
    Edited on 07/12/2006 3:17pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Comickook

[204]Jul 12, 2006
    • level: 9
    DanSandwichBoy wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Cool beans. I think I might be able to help in the villain department. Are you looking for anything in particular for this villain (like, for example, do you wanna make him a methodical type, or a big vicious bruiser of some sort)?

Thanks! I'm thinking some kind of animal villain who's interested in using his own powers (and influencing other Bang Baby animals' [I call Electromutt a Bang Puppy ^^] use of their powers) for his own personal gain, and for some notorious respect. Kind of like Ebon, the shadow Bang Baby, but I don't want him to be too much like Ebon.

Yeah. That's a tough one. I'll try to get back to you on at least powers you can give this villain.... powers that would put him on a level where he could put up a good fight against Krypto and Electromutt on his own without resorting to the chief weaknesses of one or the other, but NOT so powerful as to seem virtually invincible. That's the really tough one.

Mammal_Mage

[205]Jul 12, 2006
    • level: 24
    I like this idea.  But if you guys are coming up with villains, I would like to remind everyone that bigbang gas makes all invertabrits larger.

DanSandwichBoy

[206]Jul 12, 2006
    Are you referring to the gaint bacteria from the one Static Shock episode?

Mammal_Mage

[207]Jul 13, 2006
    • level: 24
    Yes, and in another episode, spiders and cockroaches got bigger.

DanSandwichBoy

[208]Jul 13, 2006
    I don't quite remember that episode. Oh, well. By the way, I'm making a page that lists all of these superpowered pets. It's a pretty long and tedious process, since there are exactly 68 total at the time. I'll have a system of flag links set up for quickly go to any particular profile and back to the top of the page.

3StarvingArtist

[209]Jul 13, 2006
    DanSandwichBoy wrote:
    I don't quite remember that episode. Oh, well. By the way, I'm making a page that lists all of these superpowered pets. It's a pretty long and tedious process, since there are exactly 68 total at the time. I'll have a system of flag links set up for quickly go to any particular profile and back to the top of the page.

That's a jawsome idea, giving folks quick access to certain profile. Thanks! Are you listing just the hero/villain pets, or all of the fan chars?

3StarvingArtist

[210]Jul 17, 2006

Here's Goldrush's "partner-in-crime" as it were.
    Thanks to ComicKook for his great input with this char.

Name: Dragonfly.
    Species: Turkish angora (female).

Abilities/Powers: Peak feline agility and reflexes, exceptional intelligence, and a collar that can fire off compact but powerful flash bang grenades (for briefly blinding enemies obviously) and allows her remote control access to a beetle-shaped flying pod loaded with a fair amount of high-tech equipment.

Home Planet or State:

Owner: Ted Kord (AKA The Blue Beetle).

History: Dragonfly was purchased as a kitten by Ted Kord, who had decided that he could use the companionship after coming home from work. She became very loyal to her master. Over time, Kord began to note the cat’s devotion to him, and eventually equipped her with some of the same equipment he himself wielded while operating as the Blue Beetle. Eventually, she met Goldrush (though initially their masters were hesitant to introduce them to one another because they thought that the two animals wouldn’t get along [due to being a cat and a dog respectively of course]), and a strong friendship was forged. Both became members of the JLA.

Description: A well-groomed Turkish angora cat; has light brown and fox-red fur covered with dark brown stripes. The fur on her face, chest, underside, inner ears, and underneath her tail is white. She wears full-visibility goggles and a dark and light blue high-tech collar with a black beetle-shaped tag whenever she has to go into action.

Personality: Quite a bit more intelligent and somewhat more serious than Goldrush is (albeit ONLY somewhat in the latter area when she’s working with the golden retriever), but still has a pretty strong sense of humor for the most part in her off-hours and is normally the cheerful sort. Is very curious even by cat standards, and sometimes some who first meet her might consider her to be something of a ditz. However, when into her work, she is a genius, and occasionally speaks in scientific jargon (much to the confusion of the less tech-savvy); is known for having a love of science and technology.

DanSandwichBoy

[211]Jul 17, 2006

http://danmat6288.sphosting.com/misc/dcsuperpets.html

This is what I have so far. I have a table of contents with all 68 super pets listed in alphabetical order, and separated spaces for profiles for all of them (also in alphabetical order). It goes like follows.

Name:

Species:

Powers:

Home:

Owner:

History:

Description:

Voice Actor: (optional)

Character Designer:

Back to top. 

I have also taken the liberty to fix any spelling and grammatical errors I find, and I have linked any mention of any other super pets to their respective profiles on the page. Links to profiles I haven't set up yet will just lead to blank spaces with their names in them.

DanSandwichBoy

[212]Jul 17, 2006
    Wow. Personality-wise, Dragonfly sounds a lot like Sprocket! ^^ They'd definately get along.
    Edited on 07/17/2006 5:43pm

Isaac6356

[213]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 15
    That's a good list. Think you can do one for the Present Day Characters thread? It's good to keep a record of all the heros and villians.

3StarvingArtist

[214]Jul 18, 2006
    DanSandwichBoy wrote:
    Wow. Personality-wise, Dragonfly sounds a lot like Sprocket! ^^ They'd definately get along.

Agreed; they should team up to create some super-tech and kick some evil keister sometime. =D

3StarvingArtist

[215]Jul 18, 2006

Say, that site looks like it's going to be pretty sweet. *thumbs up* Like Isaac said, I'd like to some some of the other character threads evenually up there too. =D

catfan1

[216]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 17

3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Say, that site looks like it's going to be pretty sweet. *thumbs up* Like Isaac said, I'd like to some some of the other character threads evenually up there too. =D

Agreed. I've been researching characters for future story ideas and it does make things a lot easier.

DanSandwichBoy

[217]Jul 18, 2006
    XD Glad to help. [goes back to setting up more profiles]

DanSandwichBoy

[218]Jul 18, 2006

[panting] Well... 52 profiles down... 18 to go. And, would it kill a few people to use capital letters and put spaces after each colon (: ), comma (,) and period (.)?

PS: By the way, why can't I find a "disable smilies" check-box in here?

PPS: I fixed up Electromutt and Sprocket's profiles a bit. 3SA, as Dragonfly's creator, you'll probably be amused by a little bit I added to Sprocket's profile. XD By the way, figuring that the Krypto series starts off around 2001-2002 time (when the Justice League was still new and not "Unlimited" yet), and the series finale of Static Shock (based on time-line analysis I got from some other SS fans) takes place around 2003 (3 years after the first Big Bang), I figure Kevin would be around 10-11 when Electromutt and Sprocket come around.

Oh, and I had this idea for a story that starts off like this: Sprocket and Supercat are together for an undecided reason, when Sprocket notices a glint of red behind a corner. Being the curious cat he is, he goes to investigate, and Collar confirms that what he is looking at is red kryptonite. Hearing him looking in on something Streaky goes to see what. And, before Sprocket can warn him, he comes in contact with the red-K! When Sprocket instinctively grabs hold of Streaky, he gets caught up in the effect, too, and before they know it, their powers have been switched!

Edited on 07/18/2006 1:03pm
    Edited 2 total times.

DanSandwichBoy

[219]Jul 18, 2006

XD FINALLY!!

After all this time, my list is finally COMPLETE!!!!

Anyway, 3SA, I had to make some educated guesses on Racer and Turbo's homes. How were they? Oh, when you say that Warp thought that Krypto "hung the moon", is that some expression of idolism or something else?

horsecub1322

[220]Jul 19, 2006
    • level: 4
    Here's one, but I'm thinking of being a voice actor:
    Name: Angel
    Species: Tailosaurus(new dinosaur)
    Powers: All of Krypto's plus fire and ice she can also read minds
    Home: Kauai
    Owner: Supergirl
    History: When Angel was 2 years old, she got the power to talk to humans, after that Supergirl adopted her, later when Angel gained some of her powers she was given to a fox called Tails because Supergirl was forced to let her go to a new home, Tails soon found out that Angel had wings and horns that were dragon shaped, when Angel was 7, she started to fly with her wings, in case if people saw her as Angel she wouldn't have to powers, soon Tails met Lilo, a Hawaiian girl who was his best friend, he soon gave Angel to Lilo as a Christmas present, Lilo took care of her, when Angel was 10, she was allowed to go to Lilo's hula class with her, when Lilo's feelings were hurt, Angel gained a fire power that when ever she gets mad she turns into a cub of fire, later when Lilo's family was having dinner, Angel was allowed to sleep in Lilo's room, but her sister, Nani wouldn't like it, Angel was scared that Nani would get rid of her, the next mourning Lilo found a big ice cube on her bed, Angel gained her ice power, that night when the house was quite, Angel went to Nani's room and read her mind, Angel decided to make Nani happy, the next mourning, Angel made them all breakfast, they were happy that they kept Angel, when Angel was 11, her father made a necklace for her, it had a powerful red stone which gave more power, when Angel was 12, she decided to have Lilo see how Tails was, Angel led Lilo to where Tails lived, now Angel lives with Lilo in Kauai.
    Description: a golden-yellow cub with wings, sapphire horns, a red collar with a gold tag, her gold necklace with the red stone, and gold $ like earrings. Her tail can strech to an unlimited length, she is very nice, and friendly. She can also sing. The instruments she plays are keyboard, saxophone, guitar, trumpet, drums, and clarinet. Her weakness is a dark gem. She stays at the age of 12. She a smart cub to.
    Voice actor: Unknown

I might try for a voice actor, If I do, wish me luck. Please.