Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Heroes & Villains: Their Pets

3StarvingArtist

[361]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 10
    Nevada-the-wolf wrote:

good point, Sarah Douglas actually did the voice of a female Kryptonian named Mala on the Superman animated series. In an intervew on supermanhomepage.com she said it was a enjoyable but the process was long.

The cover story for Krypto comic #5 is actually a sort ofhomeage to Superman 1 and 2.

Really? Didn't know that about S:TAS (I saw that ep with Mala not long ago), tho I figured that they'd reference the Superman films in that particular KTSD issue.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BlackTulip009

[362]Dec 18, 2007
    • level: 12
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    BlackTulip009 wrote:
    That's what the series seemed like to me, which is why I didn't bother watching it! Oh, and what you said about British men being cast as villains? Definitely very true.
    Your wise statements earn you 100 awesome points.
    Why thank you! >D You may have 101 of those same points yourself.
    Edited on 12/18/2007 6:52am

Nevada-the-wolf

[363]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 13
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

Really? Didn't know that about S:TAS (I saw that ep with Mala not long ago), tho I figured that they'd reference the Superman films in that particular KTSD issue.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I probably should've posted which episode of Superman TAS Douglas made an appearance in

here's the link, not one of my favorite Superman episodes but eh...

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v612743yGE8mFY8

Edited on 12/19/2007 11:10am

3StarvingArtist

[364]Dec 19, 2007
    BlackTulip009 wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    BlackTulip009 wrote:
    That's what the series seemed like to me, which is why I didn't bother watching it! Oh, and what you said about British men being cast as villains? Definitely very true.
    Your wise statements earn you 100 awesome points.
    Why thank you! >D You may have 101 of those same points yourself.

W00t. :-D

3StarvingArtist

[365]Dec 19, 2007

Nevada-the-wolf wrote:

Heh, I probably should've posted which episode of Superman TAS Douglas made an appearance in

here's the link, not one of my favorite Superman episodes but eh...

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v612743yGE8mFY8

Thanks, but I've seen that ep already.

Edited on 12/19/2007 8:44pm

Nevada-the-wolf

[366]Dec 19, 2007

funny...

Trivia-Queen

[367]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 5
    Didn't know there were Krypto the Superdog comics made. D'ya think the guys at DC or Warner Brothers know about this forum? We must've posted enough character and plot ideas to make a whole new TV series!

3StarvingArtist

[368]Dec 27, 2007
    I believe some of them do. In fact, I know one of the show's writers, Mark Garabedian, posted here before. Unfortunately, I don't think writers and producers in general are allowed to accept ideas from fans (for fear of being sued for theft or something, I believe). This topic has come up before, I'll have to look for it.

Trivia-Queen

[369]Dec 29, 2007
    I get that. I suppose it'd be too complicated for them to get permission or whatever from all of us, but I for one would kill for the chance to design comic book or cartoon characters.

Nevada-the-wolf

[370]Dec 29, 2007

eh, guess you and I are on the same page in away. I really want to start my own cartoon series featuring my Non-krypto characters as well a movie about them.

Info about seires plus trailer for my movie:

Series website:

http://www.freewebs.com/sienna-beagle

Movie 'tralier'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqJreaNdUhA

I also thought about doing a mini fan comic seriesfor my Krypto character, Dusty the Superpup

3StarvingArtist

[371]Jan 1, 2008
    Trivia-Queen wrote:
    I get that. I suppose it'd be too complicated for them to get permission or whatever from all of us, but I for one would kill for the chance to design comic book or cartoon characters.

I feel you, tho I freely admit that I'd be more partial to certain chars then others.

Nevada-the-wolf

[372]Jan 4, 2008
    you brought up a point about getting permission to use fan-characters. There have been several cases about usingideas but some of them have led to problems due to copyrights.

Trivia-Queen

[373]Jan 6, 2008

Makes sense, I guess. Anyway, back to the original purpose of this forum:

Name: Captain

Species: Alsatian dog

Home: Gotham City

Owner: Commissioner Gordon (technically belongs to the Gotham police force)

Powers: Standard police-dog training with a particular talent for sniffer-dog work and disarming criminals. Determined, with a sharp and resolute mind. He wears a gadget on his collar that is a sonic equivalent to the Bat-signal, allowing him to contact Bathound when he needs to.

History: Born, raised and trained in the GCPD, Captain was named by and developed a close bond with Commissioner James Gordon, who didn't exactly treat Captain as a pet, but certainly showed him more affection then most of the otherpolice dogs. When the masked vigilante Batman arrived on the scene and gained an ally in Gordon, it wasn't long before Captain came into correspondence with Bathound as well, and the two of them soon found themselves owing one another their lives and Bathound gave Captain a physical symbol of his trust in the form of a Bat-whistle that allowed Captain to summon the Dark Hound whenever a situation that required their combined efforts arose. Captain, unable to suppress his natural detective instinct, has started sniffing about to try and work out just whose dog Bathound is behind his mask, but has yet to find a definite answer.

Description: Captain is somewhat older then Bathound and this shows in greying around his black muzzle, but he remains a fairly stocky and athletic animal due to his career. He wearsa police-dog harness while out on patrol, and is instantly recognisable in his navy-blue collar with its GCPD police badge.

Personality: A by-the-book cop, Captain isn't entirely sure what to make of Bathound's way of keeping theGotham streets safe, but the fact it gets results makes up for that. He has a genuine love of his native cityand will gofar beyond the call of duty to protect its inhabitants from the villains (and their pets) that menace them.

Voice: Gary Oldman

3StarvingArtist

[374]Jan 7, 2008
    Once again, great job with this character. I forgot all about the commissioner. BTW, Catfan did a character who filled out the Bullock role (his file is in the start of the "Present Day Characters" thread, I believe.

Trivia-Queen

[375]Jan 10, 2008
    Thanks, I'll see if I can find it.

3StarvingArtist

[376]Jan 19, 2008
    I'd like to create another char, but I think all my Krypto creativity dried up long ago. Say, Trivia Queen, you post at any other boards?

Trivia-Queen

[377]Feb 15, 2008

Sometimes I do. I don't think anyone's done a pet/animal counterpart for Lois lane yet, does that help?

Thought up a new bad guy:

Name: Attila

Species: Mammoth

Home: Never in the same place for very long.

Powers: Enhanced mammoth strength, Einstein-level intelligence, master strategist and has access to high-tech weapons and armour.

Owner: Vandal Savage

History: Having tried and failed numerous times to eliminate both his human super-foes and their pets with genetically-altered monsters created from modern creatures, the immortal villain Vandal Savage decided to go back to his caveman roots and used his resources to clone a mammoth ("Let's see what the great warriors of today fare against a beast such as I once faced!") Genetically modified to be stronger and smarter, the mammoth was named Attila ("After a Hun I once knew.") by Savage, taught all the strategic knowledge the immortal had gained over 50 millenia, and given the mission to wipe out as many heroes as possible. Attila has since masterminded and carried out numerous schemes to this end, but like all villains seems doomed to constant failure. This just makes him all the more dangerous the next time around.

Appearance: Attila is a few feet taller than a modern elephant, with dark brown fur tinged with black, long tusks and a 'sly' look to his eyes. When he actually engages in physical combat, he usually wears armour and has weapons located on his back, trunk and tusks.

Personality: Attila is a "mastermind" sort of villain, putting more faith in his strategic genius than his physical strength (one of his favourite tricks is to force his superhero target to run a gauntlet of supervillainous minions so he or she isn't in any fit state to fight when they confront Attila himself). Failures just make him more intent on suceeding the next time and he never repeats a mistake. He looks out for number one, never caring whether any of his henchcreatures or hostages get hurt and only staying loyal to Savage because Savage secretly brainwashed Attila to never question or threaten him. He really, REAllY hates being called 'Jumbo'.

3StarvingArtist

[378]Feb 17, 2008
    Just curious, since I saw you on the Gummi Bears board. Mature pple tend to post at good boards.

Anyways, I was wondering when somebody going to do a pet for Vandal Savage. Good job here, as always, I like how you made him a mastermind as opposed to a villain who relies on physical force. It would've been really cool to see Attilla in the show.

Nevada-the-wolf

[379]Feb 17, 2008
    Trivia-Queen wrote:

I don't think anyone's done a pet/animal counterpart for Lois lane yet, does that help?

Actually I did one, her name's Ryen, she a Pitbull/American bulldog mix. I also did ones for Jimmy Olsen and Perry White:

Timmy

Breed: Male French spaniel

Pierre

Breed: Male West highland white terrier.

I'll have to post their profiles later.

3StarvingArtist

[380]Feb 19, 2008
    Nevada-the-wolf wrote:
    Trivia-Queen wrote:

I don't think anyone's done a pet/animal counterpart for Lois lane yet, does that help?

Actually I did one, her name's Ryen, she a Pitbull/American bulldog mix. I also did ones for Jimmy Olsen and Perry White:

Timmy

Breed: Male French spaniel

Pierre

Breed: Male West highland white terrier.

I'll have to post their profiles later.

Interesting suggestion, Trivia Queen. I'll just have to see if my brain wants to play along (although for some reason I see Lois as a bird person)...
    Edited on 02/20/2008 4:45pm