Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Heroes & Villains: Their Pets

Nevada-the-wolf

[381]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 13
    Really?...in the comics she had a cat, I only chose a dog for her cause of Krypto and the two of them have the same sort of friendship that Lois and Clark have. I also have a female Irish setter character named Libby who is owned b Lana Lang.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

3StarvingArtist

[382]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 10
    [QUOTE="Nevada-the-wolf"]Really?...in the comics she had a cat[QUOTE]

In the current comics, or the Post-Crisis ones? BTW, the reason a bird came to mind is because they can be chatty, and that just clicked with a reporter in my head.

Nevada-the-wolf

[383]Feb 21, 2008
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

In the current comics, or the Post-Crisis ones? BTW, the reason a bird came to mind is because they can be chatty, and that just clicked with a reporter in my head.

I'm guessing the post crisis comics. Good point about the bird.

Details about my chracter Ryen:

She's a bit like Lois in personality.

Being bor and raised in Harlem she can hold her own, but does have a sweet/soft side. She loves Superdog but one Krypto is out costume she treats him more like a friend/co-worker and can be tough on him at times, but she changes after Krypto reveals he's Superdog.

*I don't want to spoil how that turns out so I'll leave it at that*

Random Ryen quotes:

Ryen:"Listen Smallville, you want to keep up with me you've got be quick..."

Krypto: "Where did you say you were from again?"

Ryen: "Harlem, NY... born and raised"

--------

Ryen: "I don't know how Pierre expects me to get this story finidhed witin the 20 minutes... I mean who am I, Wonderdog?"

Krypto: "Yeah and I'm really Superdog who knows Clark Kent is really Superman"

Ryen: "I think you need some air"

(Quotes are referances to the Superman animated series episode: The last on of Krypton part 2 and The main man)

Trivia-Queen

[384]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 5

Your idea is EXACTLY what I think a Lois Lane pet would be like, Nevada-the-wolf. Surprised you came up with a Jimmy Olsen pet though, I always thought Jimmy the rat was Olsen's animal counterpart (if only because he has the same name and gets into trouble a lot)?

Nevada-the-wolf

[385]Feb 23, 2008
    Trivia-Queen wrote:

Your idea is EXACTLY what I think a Lois Lane pet would be like, Nevada-the-wolf. Surprised you came up with a Jimmy Olsen pet though, I always thought Jimmy the rat was Olsen's animal counterpart (if only because he has the same name and gets into trouble a lot)?

Thanks, but I have heard of characters like Jimmy the snitch(Simpsons) for example. In the Mob the 'Jimmy' character is often potrayed as a streeet smart person who sees and hears a lot of things which is why some folks often go ask him certain questions. I think that's what they were trying to referance in the Krypto series.

Trivia-Queen

[386]Mar 7, 2008

Makes sense, after all 'rat' is another way of saying 'snitch', isn't it? And speaking of Jimmy, my latest character and episode idea:

After Andrea and her folks leave Metropolis for a holiday, taking Streaky with them, Krypto investigates a mysterious UFO sighting. It turns out to be Mechanikat's latest weapon, the Catspaw, complete with a video screen for Mechanikat to mock Krypto from and a payload of kryptonite. As Krypto is forced to flee from the Catspaw, he's called into a hiding place by a rat he mistakes for Jimmy, but who turns out to be Jimmy's cousin Kimmy from Pittsburgh. Krypto notes that the Catspaw will see them when it flies overhead, but Kimmy points at hte hole, noting "That's what YOU think!" and their hiding place suddenly acquires a concrete ceiling. Kimmy explains that she lives in a dumpster just outside a nuclear power plant and a freaky accident has given her the power to transmute elements, so she's come to Metropolis to show her cousin. Krypto masterminds a plan to defeat the Catspaw with Kimmy's help, but she's initially too scared and the kryptonite in the flying saucer starts to kill Krypto. Only when Kimmy hears Mechanikat cruelly mocking Krypto does she come to the rescue - "Alright, you cosmic cat creep! Let's see how well your cat toy does against . . . RATOMIC!" - and turns the Catspaw into solid lead, shielding Krypto from the kryptonite radiation. Krypto throws the Catspaw into space and it collides with Mechanikat's spaceship, where the villain moans about being defeated by a rat. Krypto thanks Kimmy, but she just goes "Nyeh, you're welcome." and flies off. Krypto shouts after her "You know, you've got an amazing power. You should use it to help others." Kimy turns back briefly and winks at him, commenting "I'll think about it!"

(Kimmy is an animal counterpart to Firestorm the Nuclear Man, who has the same powers. In 'civilian' mode she looks like Jimmy, but with a longer hairdo and eyelashes. As Ratomic, her fur looks like red flames and she has electron clusters around her paws and the tip of her tail.)

3StarvingArtist

[387]Mar 7, 2008
    Bravo, Trivia Queen! I like the idea of having a rat as a good guy. That would've made an excellent episode or comic.

Nevada-the-wolf

[388]Mar 8, 2008
    Trivia-Queen wrote:

Makes sense, after all 'rat' is another way of saying 'snitch', isn't it?p>

Yes, it is... for example when a certain person wants to find out something from someone else and that person refuses, they sometimes use the term "I''m not a rat" or something like "I don't 'rat' on my friends"

Trivia-Queen

[389]Mar 15, 2008
    Thanks, 3StarvingArtist! Keep an eye on the 'Alternate Universe Characters' thread, I'm thinking of doing something similar with a alternate universe version of Jimmy.

3StarvingArtist

[390]Mar 16, 2008
    Excellent; I'll certainly do so.

Trivia-Queen

[391]Apr 1, 2008

Say, anyone think Etrigan the Demon should have a pet? Cos I do!

Name: Daemonursus

Species: Mystical brown bear

Owner: Bonded to Etrigan the Demon

Home: Follows Etrigan around

Powers: Immortal, fiery breath, can 'smell' the presence of magic and evil deeds, red-hot claws, invulnerability and superstrength.

History: When Camelot fell, Merlin the magician bonded his demonic half-brother Etrigan to the druid Jason Blood to keep him under control. However, Merlin foresaw that his brother would still manage to cause trouble and would need someone else to keep an eye on him. Noticing that a bear had escaped from King Arthur's private zoo among the chaos, Merlin bonded a portion of Etrigan's hellfire to the bear's soul, transforming it into Daemonursus, the Demon Bear. Daemonursus was charged by Merlin to follow Jason Blood and do his utmost to make sure Etrigan never went completely out of control, so the bear pursued Blood around the world in the following centuries (annoying Etrigan immensely) and probably giving rise to legends such as the Yeti and Bigfoot. He happened to come to Metropolis recently, where Krypto and Streaky were having trouble with a 'coven' of black cats who called themselves the Midnight Eyes and were causing chaos in the city with magic. The Duo of Steel were powerless against the cats' magical powers, but were rescued by Daemonursus and agreed to accept his help, even though his scary appearance meant they didn't really trust him. It turned out the black cats were working for Teekl, the cat-like pet of Etrigan's old enemy Klarion the Witch Boy, who had disguised himself as a fellow black cat and given the coven their powers. Krypto, Streaky and Daemonursus gatecrashed their gathering and, just when it looked like they were going to be overwhelmed by superior numbers, Daemonursus tricked Teekl into revealing his true appearance and evil motives. Realising they'd been tricked, the black cats turned on Teekl and he fled, removing the coven's magic. As Krypto and Streaky prepared to take all the black cats home, they thanked Daemonursus, who disappeared into the night as mysteriously as he'd come.

Appearance: Looks like a regular bear, albeit with devil horns just in front of his ears and dark red eyes. He also has a black chain around his neck and bands of black metal on his forearms.

Personality: Daemonursus rarely thinks about anything other than his mission, although he will intervene in matters that don't involve Etrigan if the threat is great and has no patience for any act of evil commited when he is availibe to prevent it. His immortality means he gave up making personal relations with most creatures a long time ago, but he has great respect for animals (and even people) with heroic souls.

Voice: Michael Dorn.

3StarvingArtist

[392]Apr 1, 2008
    Greatest. Bear. Character. EVER! Love the origin story (Daemonursus is likely responsible for the legends of Sasquatch and his ilk, huh?) and visual design. The name is cool and clever too. I'm almost jonesin' to do some KTSD fic now. BTW, Teekl's male? I thought it was a female.

Trivia-Queen

[393]Apr 8, 2008

3StarvingArtist wrote:
    TW, Teekl's male? I thought it was a female.

Not honestly sure (anyway, it's a magic creature from another dimension, maybe we're both wrong!)

BTW, why should each hero only have one pet?:

The Anomaly Pack

Owner: Waverider

Home: Vanishing Point

Powers: As well as their individual powers, they're all super-intelligent and have a psychic link to Waverider. They also all wear armouwr to protect them from the ravages of time travel.

Group History: After he joined the 'time police' called the Linear Men, Wavrider battled and destroyed a living anomaly in the spactime continuum, causing its energies to bounce up and down the timeline affecting some innocent animals. Realising they could disturb the natural flow of time, the Limear men told Waverider to eliminate the animals, but he couldn't bring himself to because he had 'created' them. He instead took them back to Vanishing Point and trained them to help him protect the timestream.

Blade is a velociraptor from the Cretaceous era, about five hundred years before the dinosaurs became extinct. Waverider was quite surprised at how reasonable Blade was, but not at his tendency to see his missions as 'hunts'. He has fantstic speed, agility and the power to 'cut' space with his claws and teleport himself and others. His armour is metal leggings, gauntlets and a helmet with bladed fins. He still can't quite believe that 'those furry squeaky things' (mammals) evolved into something intelligent.

Fullstop is a dodo from 16th century Mauritius. He doesn't seem to be aware that his kind became extinct, but he might be paying visits to the dodo in the Fortress of Solitude (see Superman the Animated Series, 'The Main Man'. He has the power to freeze time. He wears a goofy-looking helmet (sometimes back to front).

Konga is a mountain gorilla born in a zoo in the early 21st century (our time). As the youngest, she rapidly established herself as a 'baby sister' to the others and is 'totally jazzed' about being a 'superhero'. She can manipulate the space around her, effectively allowing her to grow, shrink and stretch. She wears a breastplate and big metallic gloves.

Gryphon is a 'neobeast', resembling the griffin of legend, who escaped from a genetics lab in the late 23rd century. As the scientists who created him weren't the best exmaples of humanity, it took Gryphon a long time to learn to trust Waverider, and he still prefers to hang out with fellow animals. He has incredible strength, powerful wings and can fly through the timestream. He wears a visor and a saddle so the others can ride him to travel through time.

Lightspeed is the offspring of an Earth wildcat and a Tharran sunshell, born in the 30th century when the rich and famous of the United Planets aquired a taste for unique pets. As a result, she resembles a jet black to grey feline with 'horns' on the back of her legs and a crystaline shell. She is the most naturally heroic of the group and never backs down from a fight or deserts a creature in need. She has the agility and night-vision of a cat and a sunshell's ability to absorb solar energy through her shell, boosting her strength and speed, and can manipulate time to move at super-speed (time-sprinting). She wears bands on her forepaws, a wide collar and a small helmet with holes for her ears.

3StarvingArtist

[394]Apr 8, 2008

Hmm, according to this Wikipedia article, Teekl is female: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klarion_the_Witch_Boy. You really don't see her much as a villian in KTSD fan-stories (tho she works quite well as one, IMHO).

Anyways, onto the Anomaly Pack: awesome-tacular. I like the idea of heroes having multiple pets. I really like the different species of animals you used (a gorilla and a griffin, hooray!), how they come from different eras, their 'gimmicks', and powers. You put a lot into their personalities as well. Kind of giving more some ideas about some of my own characters. So, Lightspeed has an actual shell on her back, like a snail or something?

BTW, do you write fanfiction? Because I think you have real potential as a writer (hope you aren't creeped out about my questions about where you post and such -- it's just that it's hard to find someone who's both normal *and* friendly on the net and especially here at TV.com).

I'm considering doing a pet for Tasmanian Devil/Hugh Dawkins, but a Tassie devil seems too predctable a pet. I thought about giving him a thylancine - what do you guys think?

Edited on 04/08/2008 9:52pm

Trivia-Queen

[395]Apr 11, 2008
    I actually thought of Lightspeed's shell being more like a turtle's, but sort of flatter and wider, like a solar panel. My computer doesn't have a scanner, but maybe I'll start sending in pictures of my ideas if I get one.
    I do have aspirations of writing, but I seem to be more suited to 'soundbite' stories (like the origins of my characters). Do you know any amateur writing clubs on the web I could join?
    RE: Tasmanian Devil - y'mean like a Tasmanian wolf? Great idea! They're supposed to be extinct, but people keep reporting sightings of them, so it'd make a unique pet. But it might be worthwhile considering the quoll as well, the so-called 'marsupial cat' which Australians (and Tasmanians) were recently encouraged to start treating as potential pets to help them avoid extinction.

3StarvingArtist

[396]Apr 11, 2008

Trivia-Queen wrote:
    I actually thought of Lightspeed's shell being more like a turtle's, but sort of flatter and wider, like a solar panel. My computer doesn't have a scanner, but maybe I'll start sending in pictures of my ideas if I get one.

That's a pretty well-thought-out idea. Art huh? Whenever you get a scanner, I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with. We have a whole thread for fan-art here.

Trivia-Queen wrote:
    I do have aspirations of writing, but I seem to be more suited to 'soundbite' stories (like the origins of my characters). Do you know any amateur writing clubs on the web I could join?

I wish I did, but honestly, trying to find a good writing group is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I've been searching for one myself. One of the better places is Paper Demon's (a site like DeviantArt, minus all the drama and horrible moderators) writing forum. Were you looking for a general group, or something that focused more on a specific subject?

Trivia-Queen wrote:
    RE: Tasmanian Devil - y'mean like a Tasmanian wolf? Great idea! They're supposed to be extinct, but people keep reporting sightings of them, so it'd make a unique pet. But it might be worthwhile considering the quoll as well, the so-called 'marsupial cat' which Australians (and Tasmanians) were recently encouraged to start treating as potential pets to help them avoid extinction.
    Yeah, the Tasmanian wolf (BTW, it would be wonderful if some still survived somewhere out in the bush). I like quolls and T-wolves; the both of those animals would be really good chioces.

Edited on 04/23/2008 9:10am
    Edited 2 total times.

Trivia-Queen

[397]Apr 22, 2008
    [QUOTE="3StarvingArtist"] trying to find a good writing group is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I've been searching for one myself. One of the better places is Paper Demon's (a site like DeviantArt, minus all the drama and horrible moderators) writing forum. [QUOTE="3StarvingArtist"]
    I have the same problem. Thanks for that one though, I'll check it out (I really just want a chance to air my ideas and see if anyone would like them).

Nevada-the-wolf

[398]Apr 22, 2008

You could always try fanfiction.net I've been on that site since 2005. My author name is Greendogg

link to site:

http://www.fanfiction.net

I'm also on this site

http://www.fictionpress.net

My author name there is Tealfoxhound10

3StarvingArtist

[399]Apr 23, 2008

FF.net does have many forums. The problem is, where are the good ones?

Plus, many pple are more interested in 'neat new stuff' like Harry Potter and Naruto, so it may be hard to find pple who are interested in the type of cartoons that you and I like. If you like old/or obscure stuff (I like Gummi Bears, Road Rovers, King Arthur And the Knights Of Justice, and old-school Sonic the Hedgehog, to name a few things), then you're pretty much screwed unless you can find a fan-site with a message board. And even then THAT'S dicey, depending on the type of pple who frequent the forums/fandom. Some are generally nice, like the Gummi Bears fandom, and some you just wanna line up in a row and headbutt, like the Sonic and Road Rovers fandoms.

Edited on 04/23/2008 9:23am
    Edited 5 total times.

Nevada-the-wolf

[400]Apr 23, 2008

There's a couple Krypto forums as well as ones for Justice league and the Superman movies. I usually have to search to find what I'm looking for. Came up with some new characters by the way:

Donner the Supermutt

Breed: Male Kryptonian dog mix

Owner: Conner Kent (Superboy)

Grady the Powerpup

Breed: Male Kryptonian dog mix

Owner: Powerboy

Sonora the Super-hound

Breed: Kryptonian pointer/Kai-ken dog mix

Owner: Superwoman

Notes: Donner is actually named after Richard Donner who directed Superman 1 & 2. Kai-ken dogs are a rare Japanese breed. They resemble German shepherds but have brindle coats which look like tiger stripes, they're mostly know for being brave, loyal, mild tempered and strong.