Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Heroes & Villains: Their Pets

KnightMysterio

[41]Jul 20, 2005
    • level: 3
    Mammal_Mage wrote:
    you can't use the name "ultraman". there's already a superhero named that.

There's also a real, DC Universe, Crime Syndicate of Amerika character named Ultraman, so yes I can use that name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_Syndicate
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraman_%28comics%29
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Comickook

[42]Jul 20, 2005
    • level: 9
    KnightMysterio wrote:
    Mammal_Mage wrote:

There's also a real, DC Universe, Crime Syndicate of Amerika character named Ultraman, so yes I can use that name.

KnightMysterio (I'm pretty sure that's the name) DOES have a point, Mammal_Mage. Besides, I have to admit I kind of liked the Crime Pets idea (just as I did the ideas for pets for Wonder Woman and Aquaman). In fact, I was inspired enough to do a good guy version of Ignatius.

KnightMysterio

[43]Jul 20, 2005
    Comickook wrote:
    KnightMysterio wrote:
    Mammal_Mage wrote:

KnightMysterio (I'm pretty sure that's the name) DOES have a point, Mammal_Mage. Besides, I have to admit I kind of liked the Crime Pets idea (just as I did the ideas for pets for Wonder Woman and Aquaman). In fact, I was inspired enough to do a good guy version of Ignatius.

Thank you. And your Ignatius idea is a good one. Fits the CSA world perfectly.

Now, here's an idea for a Martian Manhunter-connected character that's a modifcation of a character from the original comics...

Name: Chameleon Collie

Species: Martian Vonacu, takes the civilian form of a Collie

Powers: Has total control over her body's molecules, allowing herself shape-shifting, allowing her to fly and to become intangible or superdense. Has a weakness to fire and heat.

Home Planet or State: Mars

Owner: R'ann R'annza (dead), has partnered occasionally with the Martian Manhunter & the Dog Stars, current owner is a young girl named Christina who knows her secret.

History: The only other being to survive the death of Mars, Chameleon Collie, called W'On'la back when she was a pet, came to Earth a few years before the Martian Manhunter, her owner dying in the crash. She lived on Earth, taking on the form of a normal dog, that of a collie, the closest form to her normal one. She lived normally, keeping her owner company. But she eventually discovered that she was not alone when Mammoth Mutt of the Dog Stars asked for her help in rescuing the Martian Manhunter. Shocked that she was not alone, she agreed. She, along with Mammoth Mutt and Brainy Barker, fought their way into the fortress to find him being tortured by a fire creature escaped from a government lab. She had a joyful meeting with Manhunter, who shared his own secret identity with her. They teamed up several times, but Chameleon Collie felt her main responsibility was to her current owner, Christina. Although she remains on call whenever needed, Christina being privy to her true nature, she feels her first responsibility is to be a good pet.

Description: In her disguise, she's a normal collie, white and brown fur. But her real form is a vaguely canine creature that is almost insectile in appearance, dark-blue dark blue with glowing white eyes. Like Manhunter, she takes a 'hero' form that looks like a Collie but blue furred with glowing white eyes.

Persona: She's shy, and more than a little unsure of herself. She's quiet, intelligent, and a capable detective, although she's not on Ace's level. One of the few beings in the world that thinks Streaky is funny.

Voice Actor: Lenore Zann

Mammal_Mage

[44]Jul 21, 2005
    • level: 24
    Comickook wrote:
    KnightMysterio wrote:
    Mammal_Mage wrote:

sorry, i didn't know. but i do like the idea of a alternet universe. and i support the wonderdog idea

Comickook

[45]Jul 21, 2005
    I'm glad you liked the "CSA-verse Ignatius" idea, KnightMysterio. As for your latest idea, I was trying to think of one for the Martian Manhunter too, and you just beat me to it. No biggie as you did better than I probably would have, anyway.

Anyway, here's another one for the hero's side:

Name: Verdant Victory

Species: Black tabby cat

Powers: Internalized, self-regenerating emerald energy that allows her to fly at great speeds, emit powerful optic lasers, create force fields around herself and others and create semi-solid energy constructs of varying sizes merely by thought. Of course, her energy powers are dependant upon her imagination and level of concentration. Also, the bigger the job, the faster she tires herself out and the longer it will take for her self-regernerating energy to get back to full power.

Owner: Green Lantern (John Stewart)

History: Verdant Victory was a stray cat in the New York area when, one night, she laid witness to Green Lantern John Stewart fending off some intergalactic felons. During the battle, John deflected one of the space gang's blaster attacks with an emerald energy force field, and the beam ended up bouncing off a car mirror and hitting the cat (John didn't notice the cat until too late because she was being quiet and it was dark). Fortunately, the energy from the force field was mixed in with the blast of the villains' weapons and the merged energies infused her with more or less permanent versions of several of a Green Lantern's energy powers.

With eyes glowing even greener than they already were and a massive green glow around her body, the cat took to the air (not too gracefully at first, but she did get the hang of it fairly quickly). The aliens fired off another blast at the incoming flier, but that got blocked by a set of optic beams fired off instinctively by the cat, who proceeded to fire off another blast that ended up wrecking the blaster the aliens just tried to use. John Stewart was amazed. Not only was this cat flying, but she was firing off emerald hued optic lasers. Desperately, the aliens unleashed six ten-foot robots to decoy the hero and cat while they escaped. John Stewart was able to handle the robots, but not without his quarry escaping. It just happened to be a good thing the cat was there; because as she thought about being big enough to swat that space ship around like a ball of yarn, she created a giant emerald-hued cat that proceeded to do just that... swat that spaceship around in a punishing manner and flicking it back and forth until the aliens' craft was too badly damaged to escape and had to crash land right on the streets by the time John Stewart finished off the last of the decoy robots.

Unfortunately, the effort used in creating that giant cat and maintaining it that long depleted so much energy that John had to catch her in mid-air. A simple power ring scan determined that not only was the cat still very healthy, but the emerald energy was already slowly starting to recharge itself. Reasoning that the combination of the aliens' weapons and his power ring energy must have been responsible for the cat gaining Green Lantern-esqe powers, John was also impressed by how quickly the cat, by sheer instinct, already figured out on her own how to fly, fire energy beams and create temporary energy constructs.

Adopting the cat and naming her Verdant Victory, John Stewart began teaching the cat how to use her newfound powers and the responsibilities that come with them. Of course, being that she WAS a cat, John had to rely on bribery (such as fish, yarn balls, extra portions of cat food and rubber mice) during the early stages of the training, but once she got the hang of it, Verdant Victory proved to be an extremely capable heroine.

Description: Your standard all black cat, except her eyes are even greener than those of most cats and that she wears a medium green collar with a bright Green Lantern emblem tag as well as a stylized dark green domino mask and matching cape.

Personality: Rather feisty, impulsive, fun-loving and conceited (like many cats), but she does have a pretty good heart deep down and knows how to be serious if the situation calls for it. Fairly competitive, Verdant Victory has a fondness for trying to upstage fellow animal heroes whenever she can, but has a particular rivalry with Streaky (it's a friendly rivalry, but, a rivalry just the same [I mean, they both compete fairly and they respect each other, but even so, neither can resist trying to one-up the other {except in the most dire of emergencies} when they can]).

Voice Actress: Kath Soucie. (Thanks for the suggestion, KM; I should have thought of her myself [])

KnightMysterio

[46]Jul 21, 2005
    Comickook wrote:
    I'm glad you liked the "CSA-verse Ignatius" idea, MysterioKnight (or KnightMysterio; I'm still trying to remember).

KnightMysterio. KM will do. And I like your GL pet idea.

Lesse...

We have Krypto for Superman, Ace for Batman, Wanda for Wonder Woman, Verdant Victory for GL, Dorcan for Aquaman, Chameleon Collie for J'onn, and... a sloth for Flash.

Hm... I'm not sure I like that, I may make my own Flash pet. *shrugs*

Anywho, look at that. We have pets for the JLA.

(I'm going by the comic JL rather than the cartoon JL.)

Heh. I'll be posting my idea for an episode involving this grouping (with my Flash pet) eventually, once I figure out what I want to do for it. It'll involve Teekl, the shape-changing cat of Klarion the Witch Boy.

Comickook

[47]Jul 21, 2005
    KnightMysterio wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    I'm glad you liked the "CSA-verse Ignatius" idea, MysterioKnight (or KnightMysterio; I'm still trying to remember).

KnightMysterio. KM will do. And I like your GL pet idea.

Thanks, KM.

Lesse...

We have Krypto for Superman, Ace for Batman, Wanda for Wonder Woman, Verdant Victory for GL, Dorcan for Aquaman, Chameleon Collie for J'onn, and... a sloth for Flash.

Hm... I'm not sure I like that, I may make my own Flash pet. *shrugs*

Hey, not a problem. I guess I was just trying to think too ironically. And anyway, you forgot about Locksley for Green Arrow, Gabrielle for Black Canary and, assuming the creator will give you permission, Zatanna's rabbit. I'm sure they'd make pretty good back-up members at any rate.

Anywho, look at that. We have pets for the JLA.

(I'm going by the comic JL rather than the cartoon JL.)

Yeah. I kind of noticed that.

Heh. I'll be posting my idea for an episode involving this grouping (with my Flash pet) eventually, once I figure out what I want to do for it. It'll involve Teekl, the shape-changing cat of Klarion the Witch Boy.

I don't mind at all. That sounds like a good idea. Maybe Teekl could unleash a small army of cat demon on his master's behalf and the cat demons (at least a dozen in number and all of them possessing super-strength, near invulnerability, retractable claws of pure mystical energy and the ability to spit out "mystic flame hairballs") prove too formidable of a menace for Krypto, Ace and Streaky to handle alone (at a point when Krypto's Dog Star Patrol buddies are all busy on other missions). I'm sure you can think of something to add to that.

KnightMysterio

[48]Jul 22, 2005
    Hmm... Revising my view on the GL pet a litte, I think that the boots are unneeded, and would make her look silly. But that's just my view. She's excellent with or without. (Maybe with Kath Soucie as her voice actress... *shrugs*) Anyway, here's my take on a Flash pet.

Name: Zipster

Species: Squirrel

Powers: Can move at incredible speeds, allowing him to cross the country in minutes, vibrate through objects, and other superspeed related powers

Home Planet or State: Central City, USA

Owner: Flash

History: Zipster was a normal squirrel until Flash performed an experiment. He tried to replicate the process that gave him his powers, and succeeded. The problem was, he didn't have a subject for the energies to focus on, and it latched onto a nearby squirrel. Confused and frightened, the squirrel ran off. Flash followed and caught it, managing to catch it.

Eventually, Flash managed to calm the creature down, although it escaped whatever he put it in repeatedly, forcing him to chase it down. He named the squirrel Zipster, starting to teach him about his powers. Eventually, he made Zipster a costume and brought him out on his adventures. Zipster, as his confidence grew, started out on his own from time to time, stopping crimes at superhuman speed.

One of the only heroes who quite literally works for peanuts. And acorns. And the occasional walnut. Heh.

Description: A normal grey squirrel that wears a small red shirt with a Flash symbol on it and a streamlined red hood with openings for his ears.

Persona: Hyper. Loves being on the move. Lives for adventure and fighting crime. SEVERELY in love with nuts, to the point where he's nearly let a criminal get away after being bribed with a handful of mixed nuts. Fortunetly, he manages to recover in time. Easygoing and cocky, but can be responsible when it comes down to the wire. Doesn't stop him from making jokes the entire time, though. Likes harassing cats, and while having some close calls, hasn't payed for it yet. Of course, he hasn't met any with superpowers yet. >

Voice Actor: Jaleel White

Reaperness

[49]Jul 22, 2005
    • level: 4
    Urkel?! Oh my GOD...ROFL.Well..I guess he needs the money.

Comickook

[50]Jul 22, 2005
    Reaperness wrote:
    Urkel?! Oh my GOD...ROFL.Well..I guess he needs the money.

He's also done the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog in the 1990s, Reaperness, so it's actually perfect for this super-speedster squirrel. Definitely much better than MY idea for a Flash pet. (nervous chuckle) Serves me right for trying to think ironic.

Anyway, KM, thanks for reminding me about the boots. You're right. They WERE kind of goofy. I was just subconsciously inspired somewhat by Dynomutt's look, I guess. My bad.

Ladsone

[51]Jul 23, 2005
    • level: 13
    OK, here is the idea I had for Two-face's pet

NAME: Janus
    BREED: Rottweiler
    ABILITIES: Immense strength and speed, fierce loyalty
    OWNER: Harvey Dent (a/k/a Two Face)
    STORY: Janus was actually a police dog (originally known as Baron) that was given to Harvey when he was the District Attorney for Gotham City (for protection). When the acid changed Harvey into Two Face, he would not have anything to do with the dog; but despite this, Janus stayed loyal to his master. Harvey's evil side noticed this and the dog was allowed to stay, saying that his loyalty would be rewarded. Harvey decided to call the dog Janus after the roman two-faced deity.
    DESCRIPTION: Black and tan coloring with large head. Height around 4 feet and weight 125 pounds.

Comickook

[52]Jul 26, 2005
    Thanks, Ladsone. Sorry it took a while for me to respond, but I was trying to think of another villain pet myself:

Name: Star Phantom

Species: Space Dragon (female)

Powers: In addition to the standard Space Dragon abilities of faster-than-light flight, considerable proportionate strength, incredibly tough skin, super-sharp retractable energy claws (on EACH of its SIX arms) and lungs adapted for breathing in virtually any type of atomsphere and strong enough to allow her to either hold her breath for literally days at a time or unleash massive blasts of stellar fire, Star Phantom also has a golden collar that, much like Sinestro's power ring, allows her to mimic the powers of a Green Lantern power ring, but with a golden hue instead of an emerald one.

Owner: Sinestro

Background: This female space dragon first encountered the renegade Green Lantern known as Sinestro in a galaxy whose name could not be pronounced correctly by Earthling. Though the space dragon fought viciously and well, the gold-ringed ex-Green Lantern still prevailed. Seeing the potential in this powerful space beast, Sinestro adopted her as a pet, naming her Star Phantom. Eventually, Sinestro found a way to create a collar for her that would work much like his own power ring did, but this, as Sinestro correctly figured, took long enough where the dragon's loyalty to him was absolute and she would never use the power against him.

During that time, Star Phantom heard much about the Earth... and the Green Lanterns there that caused her master a great deal of frustration. Deciding to save her master a lot of stress, Star Phantom headed for Earth to try to eliminate the Green Lanterns on that planet. Though Star Phantom was eventually (barely) beaten by the best combined efforts of Verdant Victory and Streaky (during the two super-cats' very first meeting), her desire to vanquish her masters' foes has not diminished in the slightest.

Personality: Cunning, cruel, obsessively loyal to Sinestro and just as obsessive hateful of the Green Lanterns of Earth (though she definitely also holds a grudge against both Verdant Victory AND Streaky).

Description: 100 feet tall; Extremely muscular; Six good-sized arms; Black scaly skin; Massive blood-red wings, Gigantic eyes with a permanent black glow; Gold "power collar".

KnightMysterio

[53]Jul 28, 2005
    Name: March Hare

Species: Brown rabbit

Powers: None, but has access to technology of the Mad Hatter, completely insane

Home Planet or State: Gotham City, Earth

Owner: Mad Hatter

History: March Hare was one of Jervis Tetch's test animals for his hypnotic technology. After many failed tries he achieved success, but March Hare's mind was damaged beyond repair. He bandied about aimlessly for several days until Jervis snapped himself, fashioning the Mad Hatter identity. Jervis, in his madness, made his rabbit into the March Hare to compliment his Mad Hatter identity. March Hare took to the new name immediately, to the point of quoting from 'Through The Looking Glass.' He plagues Bathound to this day.

Description: A common brown hair in a red suit jacket and green vest and monocle

Voice Actor: John DiMaggio

KnightMysterio

[54]Jul 31, 2005
    Hmm... Might as well do pets for the Justice League 'B Team.'
    (Steel, Huntress, Zauriel, Plastic Man, Oracle, Big Barda, Orion.) And yes, those seven along with Supes, Bats, Wondy, Flash, GL Rayner, Aquaman, and J'onn are my favorite Justice League configuration. I'll start with something easy, a pet for Zauriel.

Name: Ophanim

Species: Golden Eagle

Powers: Superenhanced Strength and senses, a powerful sonic scream in the form of a special attack called 'Shattered Jericho.' Can summon heavenly fire, but doing so leaves her drained to the point of near paralysis.

Home Planet or State: Heaven

Owner: Zauriel

History: Animals do go to Heaven, apparently. Or at least their equivalent of it. Many pets live up in this Heaven, much to the delight of their owners, who visit them constantly. Zauriel, before deciding he wanted to go to Earth as a mortal, visited this place frequently to relax, eventually befriending a golden eagle who had lived and died in the wild. Shortly Zauriel quelled the rebellion of Asmodel for the last time with the help of the Justice League, he started to miss the eagle, who he had named Ophanim. The eagle, with permission from Zauriel's superiors in Heaven, was allowed to regain her life and join Zauriel on Earth in his own personal base. Ophanim has served Zauriel since then, watching over the tower where she and Zauriel make their home.

Description: A golden eagle who's brown feathers are now streaked with gold, giving the impression that she's wearing heavenly armor.

Voice Actor: Alison Sealy-Smith

Reaperness

[55]Aug 5, 2005
    Woo! Just got an idea
    Name:Crypto the Superdog
    Species:Kryptonian Dog.
    Powers:Super Strengh,Speed,Agility,Stamina,Super-Sonic Flight,Laser Vision,X-Ray Vision,etc.
    Owner:Red Son Kal-L.
    History:It'd be the same story as Krypto.His spaceship landing on Earth except it was in the Soviet Union.Based on an Elseworld comic.
    Description:A White Dog wearing a yellow collar with a tag with a Hook and Hammer and a red cape.
    Voice Actor: Sam Vincent.

Mammal_Mage

[56]Aug 5, 2005
    • level: 24
    the "hook" is supost to be a sickle.

KnightMysterio

[57]Aug 5, 2005
    Name: Quickpaw

Species: Cheetah

Powers: Above-normal speed, strength, and agility for her breed

Home Planet or State: Mobile, Planet Earth

Owner: Barbara Ann Minerva, aka the Cheetah

History: Quickpaw was just a normal cheetah living in a zoo. But she was a problem animal, who always attacked the handlers when they came to feed her. She hated being in the zoo, hated the cage. She wanted to RUN, wanted to HUNT. And then Wonder Woman, Wondergirl, and Wonderdog showed up, fighting the Cheetah, who had found an artifact that gave her superhuman speed. Quickpaw was in awe of Cheetah, and came to respect her, and even admire her. She even attacked Wonderdog when she was slammed up against the cage. And when the Hero, the Sidekick, and the Pet defeated Cheetah, Quickpaw came to hate the three bearers of that symbol. A few weeks later, Cheetah escaped from prison and visited the zoo again. Cheetah, who was able to understand what Quickpaw was saying due to her half-animal nature, had remembered Quickpaw's show of support during her fight, and made the wildcat an offer to become her pet. Quickpaw accepted readily, and Cheetah unlocked her cage and took her back to her new hideout. She gave Quickpaw her name and had her go through the mystic ritual Cheetah used to give her her powers. All of Quickpaw's abilities were enhanced, and she has been loyal to Cheetah ever since, becoming Wonderdog's arch nemesis.

Description: A normal cheetah, although she wears a silver, diamond-studded collar loaned to Cheetah by Catwoman.

Voice Actor: Amy Jo Johnson

Reaperness

[58]Aug 6, 2005
    Oops.Thanks Mammal .

Comickook

[59]Aug 9, 2005
    Sorry about taking so long again. I was trying to think of some stuff to put down.

Name: Slick aka Rubber Mouse

Species: Mouse

Owner: Patrick "Eel" O'Brien (aka Plastic Man)

Powers: Super-elasticity that allows him to stretch any and/or all parts of his body a maximum 2000 times their normal length. This also allows him greatly increased resistance to phsyical impact attacks (such as from fists, feet, big rocks or bullets) and electricity (though temperature extremes [either hot to the melting point or cold to the freezing point], gas-based attacks and very sharp blades can provide definite problems) and the potential to easily fit his body through even the smallest openings and morph his body into a variety of shapes (though he can't change his color). Also ages much more slowly than a normal mouse; Something in the chemicals that gave him his stretching powers also give Slick increased intelligence and a limited range telepathic link to Plastic Man.

Background: Once a normal mouse trying to take cheese from a chemical plant worker on lunch break, the mouse that came to be known as "Slick", was in the wrong place at the wrong time when Plastic Man was trying to foil some chemical plant robbers. One of the robbers fired on Plastic Man, but the bullet bounced off and hit the mouse while he was unaware. The mouse fell into a vat of chemicals just as Plastic Man finished capturing the criminals. Somehow, the mouse got off a telepathic aid summon to Plastic Man, who fished the mouse out of the chemicals. Incredibly, it was discovered that the chemicals gave the mouse super-stretching powers much as a chemical bath did the same to Plastic Man years ago (the eerie similarities to the hero's own origins were not lost on him, even given how crazy he can sometimes be). What's more, the chemicals also expanded the mouse's mind to an extent, granting a measure of increased intelligence and a limited range telepathic link to Plastic Man (though ONLY to Plastic Man [this was the reason the mouse was able to call Plastic Man's attention to his plight]). Since then, the mouse (aka Slick the Rubber Mouse) has been taken care of Plastic Man; the hero providing him with all the cheese he can eat.

Personality: Smarter than a normal mouse, but not exactly what could be called the model of sanity (think almost a super-stretchable mouse version of the Creeper or Freakazoid [to use an old mid-90s WB toon reference] in terms of personality); Loves harassing bad guys AND cats (especially Streaky and Verdant Victory as far as the latter goes [which just SHOWS how nuts he can be; I mean harrassing cats he KNOWS have super-powers []); Absolutely ADORES cheese, to the point where he'll do almost anything short of let bad guys get away or betray his friends for it; Gets along great with Zipster, and has actually teamed up with him quite a few times to pull MAJOR jokes on some minor bad guys and/or cats.

Description: Much like a normal light brown mouse except for the mouse-sized goggles and super-stretchable mouse-sized long-sleeved bright red shirt he almost always wears.

KnightMysterio

[60]Aug 12, 2005
    Name: Stalker

Species: Abyssinian cat

Powers: Highly skilled martial artist and strategist

Home Planet or State: Gotham City, USA

Owner: Huntress

History: Stalker, named jokingly because she as a kitten was bought shortly after young Helena Bertinelli's father discovered and had arrested someone who had been stalking the family. The two youngsters were happy together... then the mob murdered Helena's family. As Helena discovered her history and went down her path to become the Huntress, Stalker trained alongside her, watching and emulating her moves until she was similar in skill. Huntress took notice of this and built a small costume for her, adding the utility collar after meeting Bathound for the first time. Stalker hunted criminals alongside her mistress, branching out to her own adventures when she discovered animal criminals like Bud & Lou, and Isis. Because she shared Huntress's preference for killing and brutalizing criminals, she quickly came into conflict with Bathound, who defeated her easily in paw-to-paw combat. He offered to take her in and train her, provided that she refrain from her more violent tactics. Because if she didn't, he would drive her from his city. She reluctantly agreed, and the two have maintained an uneasy truce since then.

Description: A purebred Abyssinian, with darker, blacker fur than the usual. Wears a purple domino mask and utility collar modeled after Bathound's, as well as gauntlets with retractable blades on all four of her paws. Also wears a flowing purple cape.

Voice Actor: Nicole Sullivan