Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Heroes & Villains: Their Pets

3StarvingArtist

[401]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 10
    KTSD fandom is generally laidback, but the Justice League fandom looks like a trainwreck, IMHO.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nevada-the-wolf

[402]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 13

Ya think so?

I went over to the JLU board on this site, the folks aren't that bad. I've even got nice feedback for my episode ideas

(not KTSD related but Krypto does make a couple minor cameos in them)

3StarvingArtist

[403]Apr 24, 2008
    Yeah. I'm sure that there are some decent pple there, but it mostly seems to be made up of pple in the "rambling fanboy" camp or the "my type is more legible then everyone else's, plus I've read the comics, so this gives me the right to be a total tool" sorts. Of course, both of those camps are equally loathsome. But that's just my impression after lurking there several times.

I don't wanna clutter this topic up with off-topic stuff, so feel free to PM me to discuss this subject if you wish.

Nevada-the-wolf

[404]Apr 24, 2008
    Ok, that'll work, how'd you like the Superman 2 link I sent you?
    Edited on 04/24/2008 4:40pm

3StarvingArtist

[405]Apr 24, 2008
    I haven't actually gotten the chance to watch it yet, but I'll try to do so sometime. Say, what's your e-mail? For some reason, TV.com's (annoying) PM system won't let me C&P stuff.

Nevada-the-wolf

[406]Apr 24, 2008

Really?

cause I was able to cut & paste just fine on the forums and in messages.

Trivia-Queen

[407]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 5
    I sometimes have difficulties getting my messages on this forum because the computer says I've done something 'illegal' and shuts down my internet link. I think it's just because my computer's old and knackered, but does anyone help have this problem?
    BTW, 3StarvingArtist, I agree - it's a bit annoying when all the shows you're into are ones that aren't on the box anymore, isn't it? I can't even find DVDs of them!

3StarvingArtist

[408]Apr 28, 2008

Hmm, that sounds peculiar, Trivia Queen. Have you tried e-mailing the TV.com staff?

What I was getting at earlier was that it's hard to find pple who are interested in old shows. But yeah, it is too bad that a lot of cool shows are no longer on the air. Try visiting YouTube and Veoh -- I was able to find many old cartoons at those places.

Edited on 04/29/2008 10:45am
    Edited 2 total times.

Nevada-the-wolf

[409]Apr 28, 2008
    Same here, thankfully the 'N' network has started showing episodes of Kenan & Kel and All that, those were two of the few shows I watched during the day after getting home from school and on the weekends.

3StarvingArtist

[410]May 3, 2008
    Say, I'm presently working on that Tasmanian Devil pet (who I'm temporarily naming Fang) I mentioned earlier, and I'd like some someone to get feedback/ideas from, if that's okay.
    Edited on 05/03/2008 9:50pm

Nevada-the-wolf

[411]May 4, 2008
    If you want some of my critque give me some basic info on him/her an I'll check it out.

Nevada-the-wolf

[412]May 4, 2008

New character profile

Name: Pontiac

Age: 4 years old (he was kept in suspended animation and didn't really age much)

Personality: Intellegent, clever, sneaky and rather snobbish.

Interests: Computers & electronics, inventing & traveling

Species: Kryptonian pointer/Terrier mix/Canine

Powers: Has the same Kryptonian abilites as Krypto, he also has a high I.Q.

Identication: Villain

Home Planet or State: Kryptonopolis, Krypton

Owner: Brainiac

History: Pontiac was one of a litter of 6. As a pup he was born premature though after several vet visits and being on medication the first few weeks of his life, he gradually came around. At the age of 3 months he was sold, and trained to be a watch dog. He was given the nightshift job at the building where Brainiac was kept. While there he often would browse through files and learned several things about Krypton and it's sister planet, Argo. During his first year as a watch dog, Pontiac developed a frienship with Brainiac after he was promoted to being an indoor watch dog. The day Kal-El was launched into space Krypto's father, Zypto had found out Pontiac knew about Brainiac's plan to leave Krypton and attempted to stop him. Pontiac managed to get away with minor cuts and bruises, he then proceeded to launch his own shuttle minutes before Krypton was finally gone. He then activated the shuttle's hibernation mode. Pontiac eventually arrived on Earth and after coming out of hibernation, Pontiac spent his time observing humans and animals from a distance. He caught up with Brainiac and eventually crossed paths with Krypto, often calling him "Dog of Krypton" (basically a referance to Superman's other nickname: "The last son of Krypton"). He spent some of his time learning about how the electronics humans used worked and had torn open old radios, TVs and computers to examine the parts. He kept a journal on what he found and would save the information to a small handheld laptop computer.

Although Pontiac had heard of Mechanicat he prefers not to get involved with him . Prior to meeting Krypto and the other superpets, Pontiac learned about earth, other planets and knows how to speak Kryptonian and English.

Description: Has the body of a pointer dog but the markings of a Jack russell terrier. Ears and part of his face are a terracotta shade of brown. He also has a large spot on his back and a smaller one on his tail. His eyes are sort of powder blue. The collar he wears is black, His I.D. tag has the Brainiac logo on it.

Sort of code for Pontiac:

P-PROTECTIVE

O-ONSITE

N-NOCTURAL

T-TRAINED

I-INTELLEGENT

A-ACTIVE

C-CANINE

OK MAY BE A LITTLE CORNY BUT IT WAS THE BEST THING I COULD COME UP WITH AT THE TIME.

Voiced by: Simon Prebble

Side notes: Simon Prebble did the voice of the Computer on the Courage the cowardly dog cartoon series.

In American history there was a native american chief named Pontiac. It's also the name of a car...

------

Edited on 05/28/2008 9:10am
    Edited 3 total times.

3StarvingArtist

[413]May 8, 2008
    Sure thing, I'll send you Fang's info today. BTW, nice char -- tho he is a villian, right?

Nevada-the-wolf

[414]May 8, 2008

Thanks, but yeah Pontiac's a villain I'll edit that, he used to good at one time then he started hanging out with Brainiac and well....you can guess the rest.

3StarvingArtist

[415]May 17, 2008
    Because Trivia Queen asked about a writing board for teens, here you go, TQ: www.silverquillforums.com
    I hope this place is to your liking. Also, by any chance... are you interested in Road Rovers?

Nevada-the-wolf

[416]May 17, 2008
    If you mean me then yeah, I was into Road rovers for a while, I'm still a fan but not like I used to be when the show first came on, my favorite character was Exile since back when I was 5 I wanted a husky after seeing Balto. But now that's passed and after finding out how active huskies are I kind of lost interest in owning one.
    Edited on 05/17/2008 1:51pm

Ladsone

[417]May 17, 2008

Nevada-the-wolf wrote:
    If you mean me then yeah, I was into Road rovers for a while, I'm still a fan but not like I used to be when the show first came on, my favorite character was Exile since back when I was 5 I wanted a husky after seeing Balto. But now that's passed and after finding out how active huskies are I kind of lost interest in owning one.

It's quite true Nevada, Huskies can be quite active (I have owned one for 12 years now). When he was younger, it was a challenge to keep up with him. Now that he's older, he's finally slowing down a little. But I would own another one in a heartbeat. If you're very active, then a Husky is the breed for you.

LADSONE

P.S. Exile was my favorite as well. L/ONE

Nevada-the-wolf

[418]May 18, 2008

Interesting, a friend of mine has a husky and whenever she's taken out for a walk she tugs on the leash.

Other than that hope you checked out Pontiac's profile.

coolchris44

[419]May 28, 2008
    • level: 22
    Nevada-the-wolf wrote:

New character profile

Name: Pontiac

Age: 4 years old (he was kept in suspended animation and didn't really age much)

Personality: Intellegent, clever, sneaky and rather snobbish.

Interests: Computers & electronics, inventing & traveling

Species: Kryptonian pointer/Terrier mix/Canine

Powers: Has the same Kryptonian abilites as Krypto, he also has a high I.Q.

Identication: Villain

Home Planet or State: Kryptonopolis, Krypton

Owner: Brainiac

History: Pontiac was one of a litter of 6. As a pup he was born premature though after several vet visits and being on medication the first few weeks of his life, he gradually came around. At the age of 3 months he was sold, and trained to be a watch dog. He was given the nightshift job at the building where Brainiac was kept. While there he often would browse through files and learned several things about Krypton and it's sister planet, Argo. During his first year as a watch dog, Pontiac developed a frienship with Brainiac after he was promoted to being an indoor watch dog. The day Kal-El was launched into space Krypto's father, Zypto had found out Pontiac knew about Brainiac's plan to leave Krypton and attempted to stop him. Pontiac managed to get away with minor cuts and bruises, he then proceeded to launch his own shuttle minutes before Krypton was finally gone. He then activated the shuttle's hibernation mode. Pontiac eventually arrived on Earth and after coming out of hibernation, Pontiac spent his time observing humans and animals from a distance. He caught up with Brainiac and eventually crossed paths with Krypto, often calling him "Dog of Krypton" (basically a referance to Superman's other nickname: "The last son of Krypton"). He spent some of his time learning about how the electronics humans used worked and had torn open old radios, TVs and computers to examine the parts. He kept a journal on what he found and would save the information to a small handheld laptop computer.

Although Pontiac had heard of Mechanicat he prefers not to get involved with him . Prior to meeting Krypto and the other superpets, Pontiac learned about earth, other planets and knows how to speak Kryptonian and English.

Description: Has the body of a pointer dog but the markings of a Jack russell terrier. Ears and part of his face are a terracotta shade of brown. He also has a large spot on his back and a smaller one on his tail. His eyes are sort of powder blue. The collar he wears is black, His I.D. tag has the Brainiac logo on it.

Sort of code for Pontiac:

P-PROTECTIVE

O-ONSITE

N-NIGHTSHIFT

T-TRAINED

I-INTELLEGENT

A-ACTIVE

C-CANINE

OK MAY BE A LITTLE CORNY BUT IT WAS THE BEST THING I COULD COME UP WITH AT THE TIME.

Voiced by: Simon Prebble

Side notes: Simon Prebble did the voice of the Computer on the Courage the cowardly dog cartoon series.

In American history there was a native american chief named Pontiac. It's also the name of a car...

------

cool!

Nevada-the-wolf

[420]May 28, 2008
    Thanks..