Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Heroes & Villains: Their Pets

Trivia-Queen

[421]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 5
    Hey, everybody, I'm back. Haven't had the chance to get on the web lately, I've got a new computer and I've only just set up the internet access thingy.
    Looking forward to meeting 'Fang', 3StarvingArtist!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

3StarvingArtist

[422]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 10

Good to have you back, TQ. And thanks for the compliments; hopefully, I can get Fang's file up soon, as well as some for some present-day characters. I don't know if you saw this or not, but I know you mentioned wanting to find a writing forum for teens earlier: http://www.silverquillforums.com/

Also, here's a forum that I frequent on FF.net: http://www.fanfiction.net/forum/Writing_Improvement/304/1/0 Pple of all ages post there, but I find that most of them are down to earth, tho I don't know of any Krypto fans there. Do you write in any other fandoms?

Edited on 06/04/2008 3:43pm

Trivia-Queen

[423]Jun 7, 2008

Occassionally. Thanks for the suggestions, you're a real pal!

Hey, anyone remember Zipster, Flash's squirrel? Now meet his sidekick . . .

Name: Ztripe. In costume he calls himself Zipmunk.

Species: Chipmunk

Home:Central City

Owner: Lives with Zipster and Flash, but has more in common with Kid Flash.

Superpowers: Same as Zipster (although he's not QUITE as fast as him, just like Streaky's not quite as strong as Krypto)

History: Ztripe was an ordinary young chipmunk living in Central City Park, who absolutely idolised the city's main animal superhero Zipster (so much so he started spelling his own name with a Z). One day, he saw his hero in action as the Squirrel Speedster battled Weather Wizard's dog Nimbus in the park. Failing to incinerate Zipster with lightning bolts, and noting that "These hero types like to save people", Nimbus threatened the animals of the park with a tornado. Zipster raced to the rescue and managed to prevent any fatalities, but justas he came to Ztripe's rescue, Nimbus lightning-bolted him in the back, electrocuting Ztripe and Zipster and knocking the Squirrel Speedster unconscious. As Nimbus closed in for the kill, Ztripe's desperate squeals for help woke Zipster up and allowed him to turn the tables on Nimbus. The villain dealt with, Zipster made Ztripe's day by commenting "Thanks, kid. I owe ya one."

A couple of days later, Ztripe realised he was a lot faster than he used to be. Excitedly running all over Central City (taking about a minute), he found Zipster and told him the news. Zipster realised that, as they'd been in contact when the lightning bolt struck, some of his ability to access the Speed Force had been transferred to Ztripe and, as the chipmunk was a bit too young to use his power responsibly, took on Ztripe as his sidekick.

Appearance: Despite what you see on Chip 'n Dale, chipmunks actually look a lot like striped squirrels and Ztripe's stripes look like lightning bolts. he wears a mini version of Zipster's outfit, but in reverse colours (like Kid Flash).

Personality: Ztripe makes Zipster look positively calm. He's prone to charging headlong into trouble without thinking, and making similar 'sidekick mistakes', but his gusto and guts kinda make up for it and Zipster has high hopes for his sidekick when he grows up.

Voice: Michael J Fox

Edited on 06/07/2008 9:28am

3StarvingArtist

[424]Jun 7, 2008

Great character! Very cute, I love the idea of giving Zipster a sidekick. I like the idea for Zipmunk's VA too.

BTW, do you have an e-mail or something that I could reach you at? I wanted to run some ideas for Fang by you.

Edited on 06/08/2008 1:41pm

Trivia-Queen

[425]Jun 8, 2008
    I must admit, I'm a bit uncertain about giving out my email on the web (I've seen all the warnings about freaks and psychos using it to bully people -or worse). But sure - howzabout we go tit-for-tat and you give me yours as well, so we could keep in touch?

3StarvingArtist

[426]Jun 8, 2008
    How about I PM you mine's, and then you could do the same (since I can understand why you wouldn't want to post your e-mail in a public forum)?

Trivia-Queen

[427]Jun 9, 2008
    Hm, sounds like that might be a bad idea. I think we should just stick with chatting in the forum. Are you worried about your Fang idea looking silly? You seem a bit unsure about it, that's all

3StarvingArtist

[428]Jun 9, 2008
    Well, that, and it's just hard (for me, anyways) coming up with good, distinct ideas. For me, it just helps when I have someone else to bounce ideas off. I personally believe that I've gotten better at character-building, but my old files here still make me cringe whenever I go back and look at them.

And I'll bite the bullet and go on and post my e-mail: manic_giraffegal@hotmail.com Feel free to drop me a line.

Trivia-Queen

[429]Jun 11, 2008

Don't worry, I'm sure they're not that bad!

BTW, here comes my biggest idea ever:

The Mavericks

Group History: For various reasons, the pets of the Outsiders all accompanied their owners to an Outsiders meeting one day. While their humans were busy talking, the pets noticed a bruised Locksley (the dove pet of Green arrow) fall from the sky. He explained that he and his canary pal Gabriel (Black Canary's pet) were fighting an alien invader nearby and the Outsiders' pets ran to join the battle as well. Having defeated the alien, they decided to stay together as a superhero team. A lot of their adventures happen right under their owners' noses.

PHARAOH was the pet hound of an important dignitary in Ancient Egypt and was buried with him in his pyramid tomb. Millenia later, explorer Rex Mason entered the pyramid in search of the Orb of Ra and was turned into Metamorpho the element Man by its power. He happened to blunder over the dog's sarcophagus, breaking it open and cutting his hand, and his blood and the Orb's power somehow brought the dog back to super-powered life. Metamorpho named the hound Pharaoh and took him back to America. Pharaoh has element-shifting powers, but only the Aristolean elements (earth, water, air and fire) were known in his time, so he's limited to turning into those kinds of forms. He's shaped liked a pharaoh hound, but with a head made of white cloud (with grey eyes), legs made of black stone, a body of green ice containing blue water and a plume of redflame fora tail. He was intially confused by modern times, but has come to respect Metamorpho as his 'keeper' and went with him to the meeting for moral support. He uses his powers to fight crime because he fancies himself a great warrior and believes no evil must go unpunished, but argues with Geo-Horse a lot and hates being called 'Elemutt'. Voice - Michael Clarke Duncan.

KRIS was a stray Bobtailed cat until he was captured by a cult for use as a blood sacrifice to give them control of the cursed 'Mindblade' Malaysian dagger. Luckily, Katana was on the case and interrupted the ceremony. When the cat jumped onto the altar, he became master of the Mindblade. Realising that the dagger's power could be used for good, Katana took it upon herself to train the cat to not use the blade without dire need and named him Kris. he proved a surprisingly easy pupil and now has a strong sense of honour. Kris can telekinetically control the dagger, making itfly out of its sheath and fight by itself. On missions, he wears a red dragon mask and a harness that the Mindblade's sheath is strapped to. Kris is unshakeably loyal to Katana and is highly protective of Kirlia, ready to brave death itself for her. Voice - Masi Oka

GALE is a bullfrog who originally lived in a pet store in metropolis. On the day Ignatius battled Krypto and Streaky with a weather machine, he failed to noticed a gust of 'frictionally accelarated' wind had blown through the pet store, specifically Gale's tank. A couple of days later, Jefferson (Black Lightning) Pierce vivisted the pet store with his daughter Anissa and, while her dad wasn't looking, Anissa discovered Gale's new super-breath power. Pierce, seeing nothing unusual about the frog, happily bought her for Anissa's birthday present. Anissa (who has powers of her own) fantasized about one day having adventures with her 'superpet' and even made Gale a little costume, inspiring the bullfrog to sneak along with Black Lightning to that fateful Outsiders meeting. Gale's superbreath can be used to blow away bad guys or blow apart their weapons, and Gale can even blow herself backwards for a rather clumsy version of flight. She's a large bullfrog, about the size of a rabbit, and wears a mask resembling a cloud on missions. She finds the life of a superhero very exciting, but, surprisingly, is also the voice of common sense in the group. Voice - Whoopi Goldberg

GEO-HORSE' s real name is Antaeus (named after a giant in Greek myth who drew power from the Earth) and he's a stallion from the royal stables of Markovia, the preferred mount of Prince Byron (aka Geo-Force). During an experiment with the same machine that gave the prince his powers, Antaeus leaned in through the window and got zapped, gaining similar earth-based power. Geo-Force took to riding him into battle against villains and rode him to the Outsiders meeting where Antaeusmet the other Mavericks. Geo-Horse has immense strength, is invulnerable and can leap miles in a single leap, although if he leaves contact with the ground for a long time he'll lose his powers. He's chesnut-brown with a white mane and tail, and wears a green mask and a yellow saddle/chestpiece with a modified version of Geo-Force's logo (GH). He's quite vain and arrogant (he makes Thundermutt look humble by comparison) and always refers to the others as his 'sidekicks', but he's also genuinelybrave and actually makes a good leader. Voice - Rupert Everett

KIRLIA came into existence when a second Aurakle followed the one that empowered Halo from their native dimension and bonded with an albatross flying over the Atlantic. Amnesiac from the encounter, the bird was drawn to America to find Halo and, although neither of them remembered their Aurakle origins, Halo realised they were connected somehow. She kept the albatross, naming her Kirlia after Kirlian photography (which apparently shows auras) and despite her legal guardian Katana's doubts (she thought Kirlia, being a bird, wouldn't get onwith her cat Kris, but she was proven wrong when they bonded over a dinner of raw salmon.) Kirlia has a multi-coloured aura with the same powers as Halo's, and doesn't necessarily need her wingsto fly now. In battle, she changes colour depending on which of her powers she's using, and looks normal exceptfor a multi-coloured sheen to her white feathers in civilian mode. she's a lot more light hearted and less serious then Kris, but is no less devoted to him, Halo and Katana. Voice - Kirsten Dunst

Trivia-Queen

[430]Jun 20, 2008
    Just realised, Gale's origin doesn't make a lot of sense. Here's the full version: The weather machine Ignatius was using was powered by an experimental 'perpetual thermal renewal' generator which ran off a fuel that heated up easily and the energies released were used to power the machine as much as the fuel itself. When Ignatius used the machine to create a tornado, Krypto and Streaky tried to out blow it with their super breath and, when the powerful winds on both sides blew the machine apart, the gust of wind that swept through the pet shop was saturated with the unusual energies and mutated Gale.

Nevada-the-wolf

[431]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 13

Whoa! nobody's posted here in a while. Thought I'd put up a couple new characters. I got the idea for this after watching the season 5 premire of smallville on youku.com the name of the episode is 'Arrival' I plan to post more details about these chracters but I thought I might as well put up a little somethin' about them.

Dash

Age: 3 years old, kept in suspended animation so she didn't really age much.

Breed: Borzoi

Owner: Aethyr-Ka

Pike

Breed: German short haired pointer

Owner: Nam-Ek

Somie pics and info on Borzois and pointers:

Borzoi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borzoi#Famous_Borzoi

German short haired pointer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Short_Haired_Pointer

Trivia-Queen

[432]Aug 19, 2008
    Interesting use of dog breed. I've always thought Borzois look really cool.

Nevada-the-wolf

[433]Aug 21, 2008

Y a think so?

I like Borzois too, they're nice looking dogs, there aren't too many of them used in pop culture, same with pointers unless you count the Westminster kennel club dog show logo. The dog on there is a pointer.

KevinSailar

[434]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 1

found another blog for Heroes season 2 and season 3 spoiler.

http://heroes-episode.blogspot.com/

Nevada-the-wolf

[435]Sep 6, 2008
    Er.... wrong forum... you need to delete your post

BlackTulip009

[436]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 12
    Love the idea of Dash! Borzoi are among my very favorite dog breeds. I like Pointers, too! (Especially the German Wirehairs. I have a plushie one!) My dad used to have a GSP and he was adorable.

Nevada-the-wolf

[437]Oct 3, 2008

Really? wow,

you don't see too many borzois or pointers in pop culture. Unless you count the publishing company of Knopf their logo is a borzoi and the dog on the logo for the westminster kennel club dog show is a pointer.

BlackTulip009

[438]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 12
    Yep. ^.^ Indeed, you don't see many of either of them! But you're right about those two things. =)

Nevada-the-wolf

[439]Apr 17, 2009
    Whoa...this place is like a grave-yard...

Nevada-the-wolf

[440]Jun 29, 2009

Decided to post an updated version of Dusty's profile.

. Dusty

Voiced by: Karyn Parsons

Nickname(s): Dee (by fellow animals) or Superpup (by the general human public [since Krypto was the first to be called "Superdog" by the general human public)

Species/breed: Mutt(possibly Argentine mastiff mix)/canine

Age: 1 year old (actually, it's TECHNICALLY well over twenty years, but Dusty was kept in suspended animation for a very long time and didn't age for much of it)

Owner: Kara-Zor-El/Kent/Supergirl

General Appearance: She looks exactly like a female version of Krypto except she has black blotches on her ears, legs, tail and back. It's easy to tell her apart from Krypto because of the 13 blotches/spots on her body and her collar is also red and Krypto's is yellow.

Hero Appearance: Wears the same collar except it has the same name tag superman logo as Krypto's. She also has a red cape.

Abilities/equipment: She and Krypto have the same abilities.

Personality Spunky, independant, friendly, intelligent, playful and outgoing. Although she does have a sort of short term memory.

Interests: Fetch, going for walks, spending time with Krypto and her owner.

Background: Dusty is Krypto's cousin (on his dad's side). Born and raised in Argo city, Dusty lifed with Zor-El and his family. Surprisingly, Krypto and Dusty have never met back when they were puppies. Though Dusty had been told she had cousin named Krypto ;when she finally had the chance to meet him, she found out he had been used as a test pilot puppy for a rocket Jor-El had built. Feeling sad by not meeting the cousin she had been told about, she made a promise to herself that she would find Krypto someday. After the destruction of Krypton, Dusty continued to live with Kara (she wouldn't come to be known as Supergirl until she arrived on Earth). When Superman was exploring part of Argo, he soon found out Kara and Dusty were the last of the survivors! Once they moved to Smallville with the Knets Dusty found it hard to adjust to life on a farm. While on the farm Kara and Dusty learned how to use their abilites as well as working on the Kent farm. After stopping a break in at a local jewelry store Kara noticed her dog's potienial as a superpet. Eventually, Dusty took on wearing the cape and trademark I.D. tag and was dubbed: "Superpup" During a visit with the Justice League, Dusty was shocked to see Krypto face to face. To Dusty, this experience was a comforting one since Krypto was probably the last relative of hers that was alive since Krypton had been destroyed. Other then that, Dusty keeps in touch with Krypto, visiting him and Streaky from time to time. Mostly though, she stays close to her owner, Supergirl.

Just an update with more detail, special thanks to comickook for editing the original version.