Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Heroes & Villains: Their Pets

Comickook

[121]Nov 3, 2005
    • level: 9
    Name: Roundabout

Species: Kangaroo (female)

Home: Formerly Australia, now Central City.

Owner: George "Digger" Harkness (aka Captain Boomerang)

Abilities/Equipment: All standard kangaroo abilities, plus a particularly cunning mind, extremely good aim and an arsenal of trick boomerangs she carries in her pouch. Examples of her trick boomerangs include (but aren't limited to) tear gas, sonic disruptor, super-slick grease and fire bomb.

Background; This kangaroo first met Captain Boomerang around the Central City Zoo when he was trying to ditch the police. Using some of his explosive boomerangs to free the kangaroos, tasmanian devils and dingos from their cages, Captain Boomerang had found an ideal diversionary tactic. With the help of the Flash, all the escaped animals were rounded back up except for one kangaroo. Captain Boomerang and the kangaroo met again less than a day later at the scene of one of the former's crimes. Some of the zoo staff tried to capture the kangaroo while the Flash was trying to chase down Captain Boomerang. The super-criminal, however, used one of his tear gas boomerangs to engulf the zoo staff trying to capture the kangaroo. Deciding that helping the zoo staff was more important than stopping Boomerang, Flash dashed to the staff members' collective aid (using his super-speed to produce a whirlwind that harmlessly diverted the tear gas). Eventually, the kangaroo, who came to be known as Roundabout, developed a pretty strong loyalty to Captain Boomerang (as the criminal did for her) and the Central City criminal began training the kangaroo as a pet. Now equipped with a considerable arsenal of trick boomerangs kept in her pouch, Roundabout has caused plenty of trouble for Flash and Zipster.

Personality: Very loyal to Captain Boomerang and on pretty good terms with most of the other rogues and their pets (such as Nimbus and Fridga), despite the fact that she is, by her own admission, heavily creeped out by Grodd (along with Magnum Max) and Abra Kadabra. Doesn't hate Zipster, per say, but isn't exactly friends with the super-speedster squirrel either. Has a definite sarcastic wit to her, but she also tends to be a bit of a flirt with decent looking male animal villains. She also quite cunning and opportunistic and surprisingly bold when either she or Captain Boomerang are threatened.

Description: Looks like a standard grey female kangaroo, except for her medium blue pilot's scarf, white sky cap and light green gloves.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

3StarvingArtist

[122]Nov 8, 2005
    • level: 10
    I am loving Roundabout, Comickook (I even think her name's cute), though I admit I'd like to see a little more on her personality. ^_^ You never fail to disappoint when it comes to creating chars.

I haven't forgotten about Surge; just trying to work on his personality (personality is actually one of the toughest things for me to create for a character), but otherwise, he's pretty much done.

Also, I need some opinions for Mr. Miracle's pet. Which sounds better to you guys, a raccoon, or some kind of mutt? I'm kinda leaning towards the 'coon, due to the fact that they're so incredibly dexterous and can seemingly can break into anything they want to. And if no one's called Dr. Fate yet, I was thinking of doing a raven for him.

Comickook

[123]Nov 8, 2005
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    I am loving Roundabout, Comickook (I even think her name's cute), though I admit I'd like to see a little more on her personality. ^_^ You never fail to disappoint when it comes to creating chars.

Thanks very much, 3StarvingArtist. That means a lot.

I haven't forgotten about Surge; just trying to work on his personality (personality is actually one of the toughest things for me to create for a character), but otherwise, he's pretty much done.

Yeah. I can definitely understand that. Personality IS pretty tough to write sometimes. Aside from Surge probably having a definite measure of sarcastic wit to him and a lightning quick (no pun intended) temper, but enough intelligence to be a fast learner when it comes to his electrical powers and possibly even a bit of a flirt with attractive female feline villains (a little super-villain-esqe Pepe Le` Pew nod, but only a SLIGHT one because he only flirts; he doesn't obsessively pursue), I can't think of much. Hopefully, though, that WILL be enough to start with.

Also, I need some opinions for Mr. Miracle's pet. Which sounds better to you guys, a raccoon, or some kind of mutt? I'm kinda leaning towards the 'coon, due to the fact that they're so incredibly dexterous and can seemingly can break into anything they want to. And if no one's called Dr. Fate yet, I was thinking of doing a raven for him.

I'd go with the alien raccoon because of the point you made on it and, as far as I know nobody's called dibs on Doctor Fate. I could be wrong about that, but I'm pretty sure nobody has yet.

3StarvingArtist

[124]Nov 9, 2005
    No biggie, Comickook. I give props wherever and whenever I see they're needed.

On Surge: Great ideas (heh, I really like the nod to Pepe Le Pew there); I appreciate it. I can *definately* work with this. *nods*

On Mister Miracle's pet: Awesome, (alien) raccoon it is then. *goes back to the drawing board*

3StarvingArtist

[125]Nov 9, 2005
    Name: Surge.
    Species: Domestic skunk.

Abilities/Powers: Full electrokinesis. He is learning how to pull various electricity-base stunts, and can do things like travel through power lines as pure energy, fire bolts of electricity from his paws and eyes, use electricity to enhance his physical strength (up to 100 fold), or control devices that rely on electrical currents. Consequently, he cannot go anywhere near water, since it will short him out.

Home Planet or State: Originally by way of Smallville.
    Owner: Livewire.

History: Surge used to be an ordinary pet skunk by the name of Mickey until the day he was inadvertently separated from his master while they were in Metropolis. he took temporary shelter inside a factory during a storm. Whilst curiously sniffing around the place, the hapless skunk was accidentally doused with some strange chemicals. Everything seemed fine until Mickey decided to go outside again, was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and got struck by lightning. One would’ve thought that was the end of Mickey, but instead, he wound up with electricity powers. The process was also responsible for altering his physical appearance into what it now is. Frightened by what had just occurred to him, Mickey darted off, firing himself into a nearby electrical fuse box as he did so. Subsequently, he encountered Livewire when she began noticing all the strange electricity-relate accidents around town (unintentionally being caused by Mickey) and wanted to check things out for herself. When he saw her approaching, the nervous skunk tried to run the other way – and would’ve nearly stepped into some standing water had not Livewire quickly grabbed him in time. Livewire had begun noticing that other heroes and villains were taking pets under their wings. So she re-named Mickey Surge and started training him how to better control his newfound powers and to assist her in her crimes.

Description: A mostly slate, almost blue-furred skunk, save for his white spiky bangs that make him look as if he stuck his paw into a light socket. A set of jagged white streaks that resemble lightning bolts run from the back of his head, down the length of his back, and join at the base of his tail, where they then combine into a solid white stripe.
    Also, Surge can’t spray like a wild skunk can since he is descented (being a skunk bred to be a pet and all).

Personality: Surge can be just as sarcastic as his owner, and also possesses a lightning-quick (to borrow a pun) temper. Otherwise, while he can be lazy, he is obedient to Livewire and pretty quick on the draw, especially when it comes to using his electricity powers in new ways. Surge would actually be a fairly decent guy were it not for the fact he's in the employ of a super villain. He doesn't exactly hate Krypto or Streaky, but he doesn't like it at all when they interfere with his and Livewire's plans, and won’t back down in fights with the two of them. As was said, Surge is very loyal to his new mistress, believing that she saved him, although he does wonder what happened to his previous owner from time to time. He has a penchant for attractive female feline villains like Isis and Delilah, and can be a bit of a flirt towards them.

Voice Actor (Optional *): Any ideas for a VA for Surge (as well as Comet and Warp) are welcome.

Again, my thanks to Comickook, for giving me some cool ideas on Surge's personality.

Comickook

[126]Nov 9, 2005
    You are quite welcome, 3StravingArtist. Glad I could help. You did a great job on the character. And, as far as I know, as I aforementioned, nobody else's called dibs on Doctor Fate yet. So, unless Reaperness says differently, you can start on that one as soon as you are done with your Mister Miracle pet idea.

Comickook

[127]Nov 22, 2005

Here's another one I've only recently thought off.

Name: Greta aka Puttypuss

Species: Mixed breed cat (mutated female)

Owner: Matt Haggen (aka Clayface)

Abilities: Puttypuss is basically just a living and moving mound of semi-solid (JUST solid enough to allow her a limited measure of super-strength [nowhere near the technical strength level of Krypto or Wanda, but definitely more than strong enough to give Ace a very hard time if he is caught unaware]) clay with a cat's brain. This means she is essentially ageless, has a definite measure of shape-changing abilities (not quite on a par with Chameleon Collie, but certainly enough to more than rival Warp [for example, Puttypuss CAN copy the abilities and equipment of those she assumes the form of {such as duplicating a lot of Ace's utility collar gadgets when disguised as him or replicating the super-stretching powers of Stretch-O-Mutt or Slick the Rubber Mouse if she disguised herself as one of THEM or even duplicating the powers of any of the Dog Stars except for Brainy Barker, Hot Dog or Krypto himself if she disguised herself as one of THEM}, but ONLY if the copied subject DOESN'T have greater power than she, herself, actually possesses normally]), a very high degree of resistance to impact and gas-based (the latter since she doesn't have to breathe) attacks (though temperature extremes ARE a problem for her) and the ability to enter any area through virtually any sized opening. Also, if a part of her body gets severed for some reason, she can still control that part from a limited distance. She also happens to be well-trained in the arts of acting, camouflage and swindling (which can make her tricky enough to give even heroes that are technically more powerful than herself a hard time at times).

Background: Once just a normal alley cat, the cat that would come to be known both as Greta and as Puttypuss was chasing a mouse into a the area of a chemical plant that Batman and Robin were coincidentally having a battle with Clayface at. During the battle, Clayface rapidly shot one of his arms out at the Dynamic Duo, who barely dodged before getting him with a double dose of freezing compound, which forced him to retreat. The cat, however, was not so lucky, being so preoccupied with the mouse she was chasing as to be caught unaware by Clayface's shot. Worse yet, the clay mound that engulfed the cat knocked her into a vat of chemicals she happened to be directly over. Thanks to the effects of the chemicals in the vat, Clayface's clay merged with the cat's mind and body, causing the cat to gain, for her size, exact replicas of all of Clayface's powers. Unfortunately, when she climbed out of the vat, her mind was also left twisted to a criminal mentality. By the time she and Clayface first met face to face, the cat had taught herself enough of the basics concerning her shape-shifting powers to assume basic animal shapes, mastered the art of squeezing her claylike body under many doorways and had even learned to successfully grasp objects while in clay form without the items either slipping out or getting crushed (unless she wanted to crush the items, naturally); which was enough to convince Haggen of the cat's potential; but she still needed to learn about the more elaborate uses of her new powers. Thus, Clayface took the feline under his wing, naming her Greta (after one of his favorite classic actresses, Greta Garbo) and began training the cat to help him out. Eventually, Greta (who also became known as Puttypuss [based on a nickname the press gave her shortly after the start of her criminal career {needless to say, the nickname ended up sticking}]) mastered her powers and ended up becoming one of Ace's most formidable foes and has even occasionally given Krypto and Streaky a pretty hard time (as well as, when teamed with other villains, a fair portion of the rest of the Justice League of Animals).

Personality: Puttypuss is a extremely loyal pet to Clayface, but is also a very cunning cat capable of, thanks to Clayface's training, coming up with some rather imaginative uses for the powers her clay-like body allows herself. Even though not being technically as physically powerful as Krypto (even if she is MUCH more powerful than Ace), she is an accomplished enough trickster to more than compensate for this a fair amount of the time when she is on full alert. Unfortunately, despite her considerable cunning, she is also prone to typical cat behavior (playing with yarn, chasing mice, using scratching posts, etc.) and has an extremely nasty temper (the former of which can be taken advantage of to provide distractions and the latter of which can allow somebody like Streaky, Stretch-O-Mutt, Comet [Stargirl's pet ferret], Zipster or Slick to goad her enough into anger as to make her careless with surprisingly little difficulty when any of them are on full alert).

Description: Before her mutation, she was just a standard white cat with black fur spots on her back, paws, tail and around her eyes. After her mutation, well, her normal form resembles a living orange blob with cat legs and a cat head, but, with her being a shape shifter, her form naturally varies.

Edited on 11/24/2006 8:58am
    Edited 2 total times.

Comickook

[128]Dec 2, 2005
    So, 3StarvingArtist, how are you coming on that Mister Miracle alien raccoon and that Doctor Fate pet, just out of curiosity?

Comickook

[129]Dec 6, 2005
    Errr, 3StarvingArtists? Anybody else?

3StarvingArtist

[130]Dec 7, 2005
    D'oh, sorry about the long wait. I'll try to post some more here (including some new bios) once I'm done with my finals. :-)

Comickook

[131]Dec 7, 2005
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    D'oh, sorry about the long wait. I'll try to post some more here (including some new bios) once I'm done with my finals. :-)

Yeah. I gotcha. Thanks for the update.

Comickook

[132]Dec 18, 2005
    So does anybody else have any DC hero/villain pet ideas?

3StarvingArtist

[133]Dec 18, 2005
    Here's one. :-D

Name: Tricks.
    Species: Alien raccoon.

Abilities/Powers: A master lock picker and cracker, as well as an insanely good escape artist and acrobat. He's no slouch when it comes to technology either, and wields some of the same gear that Mister Miracle does – lock picks, an aero-disk which allows him to fly, and a multi-cube, a device that can fire laser beams, launch a strong cable for assisting in scaling heights, create sonic vibrations, or perform other functions. His collar has Boom Tube capabilities and a Mother Box (a living computer with vast powers) built into it. The Mother Box controls his aero-disk, and also acts as a friend and advisor to the raccoon. However, Tricks lacks inherent powers.

Home Planet or State:
    Owner: Mister Miracle.

History: Even before encountering his future master Mister Miracle, this raccoon was a notorious escape artist. Tricks is originally by way of another planet, where he was an unwilling part of a disreputable small-time zoo. After failed attempt after failed attempt, he finally managed to escape his heavy-duty escape-proof pen, evaded all the security precautions that the compound’s overseers had set up in case one of the animals ever escaped or got loose, and ran for freedom. The raccoon and Mister Miracle subsequently crossed paths when Mister Miracle, currently on the planet after finishing up a job there, encountered him snooping around a couple of garbage disposals outside. The raccoon fell in with Mister Miracle, and seeing potential in the animal, Mister Miracle had Tricks (as he called the raccoon) outfitted with some of the same gear that he himself carried and started taking him out on his own adventures later.

Description: Very similar to an Earth raccoon, save that Tricks is mainly yellow with a darker reddish-brown mask, paws, and tail rings (three in all). The fur on his stomach is a lighter shade of yellow then elsewhere. He has blue eyes. Wears a green cape attached to a gold high-tech collar, as well as a green knapsack attached to a green, gold, and red harness that holds most of his gadgetry (see "Abilities/Powers").

Personality: Good-natured, brave, and optimistic, but not to the point where he comes off as a Pollyanna, though it can be said that his spirit’s all but impossible to break. Gets on well with his master’s wife’s pet Big Ardria. Takes a personal delight in breaking and entering (all in the name of good, of course), and is intelligent and likes problem solving. Strong willed, but not in a pushy or arrogant sense. He likes hanging around on Earth when he gets the chance to, and has a weakness for Earth foods, though he doesn’t become distracted like Streaky sometimes does if he happens to spot a Twinkie or something.

Voice Actor (Optional *): Suggestions accepted.

Comickook

[134]Dec 19, 2005
    Hi there, 3StarvingArtist. Great job on this profile, my friend. I'm definitely eagerly awaiting the profiles on your Doctor Fate, Morgan Le` Fey and Silver Banshee pet ideas AND your Black Dog idea (those should be majorly interesting [])

3StarvingArtist

[135]Dec 19, 2005
    Yeah, I'm gonna be busy for a while. I'd also like to take a crack at Rosie Lane for the anthro Krypto-verse idea you had, if you don't mind. :-)

Comickook

[136]Dec 19, 2005
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Yeah, I'm gonna be busy for a while. I'd also like to take a crack at Rosie Lane for the anthro Krypto-verse idea you had, if you don't mind. :-)

Go ahead. Be my guest, 3StarvingArtist.

Comickook

[137]Dec 29, 2005
    Name: Poochie (not the best of names, but given that he's Solomon Grundy's pet.... well, you think somebody of Grundy's mentality would be good at coming up with names?)

Species: Reanimated mutated Great Dane (male)

Owner: Cyrus Gold (aka Solomon Grundy)

Abilities: This reanimated half-living, half-dead, ageless canine bruiser might be lacking somewhat in brains, speed and agility (thankfully for the heroes he battles), but he possesses immeasurable physical power that makes him an opponent no sane (or even half-sane) individual would wish to caught off-guard by. For one thing, the mystically charged canine swamp monster possesses a physical strength even greater than that of Krypto and Wanda COMBINED. Furthermore, he is completely invulnerable to seemingly everything except temperature extremes, anti-plant chemicals and magic (and he even has a 95% resistance to THOSE types of attacks so those attacks would have to be at an EXTREMELY high level to do any real good against him). On top of that, the fact he doesn't have to breathe means he's not only immune to most gas based attacks, but can also survive indefinitely underwater OR in deep space.

Background: Like Solomon Grundy, Poochie was a corpse buried by criminals in "Slaughter Swamp" outside of Gotham City. Only Poochie, in his mortal life, was the pet Great Dane of a major mid-1940s gangster who was killed trying to protect his master from gangland rivals who were taking advantage of the fact that this gangster had lost a good amount of his forces and equipment after a bad encounter with the Justice Society of America. For 60 long years, the canine corpse lied dormant in Slaughter Swamp until the chemicals and inborn magic of the burial grounds slowly mutated the canine into a physically near-unstoppable (but simple-minded and rageful) half-living, half-dead monster dog that broke to the surface only relatively recent and came to the attention of the mighty monster known as Solomon Grundy. Each sensing a kindred spirit (despite Grundy's referring to the dog as simply "Poochie"), the two swamp behemoths developed a formidable bond and a strong mutual loyalty. Being that Slaughter Swamp was closest to HIS territory, Ace became the first to notice Solomon Grundy's new pet (and BARELY escaped with his life when he DID discover the undead canine monster) and soon called in the rest of the JLAnimals' starting line-up for back-up. Though this monster could not be defeated physically, the heroes relied primarily on wits and teamwork to do the job.

This, however, was far from the last that would be seen of Poochie. This immeasurably powerful bad dog has returned to plague the animal heroes of Earth several times... either alongside Solomon Grundy or acting as a bodyguard for another super-villain animal.

Personality: Poochie is as simple-minded and rageful as Solomon Grundy himself, but the powerhouse undead canine is still very loyal to Grundy and to any fellow super-villain animals smart enough to stay on his.... well, better side. Also, despite his simple-minded nature, Poochie can actually be surprisingly quick thinking when the situation calls for it and DOES have some measure of ability for learning from his mistakes.

Description: Three times the height of a normal Great Dane with three times the proportionate muscle mass AND an albinio skin. He also wears a black collar with silver spikes.

3StarvingArtist

[138]Dec 30, 2005
    Heh, I wondered when someone was going to do a Solomon Grundy pet. Great job as usual, ComicKook. Poochie's throughly villainous (despite the name, but as you said, what else can you expect from Grundy? :-P).

Slightly OT, but anyone know a bit on Silver Banshee's personality? I've been trying to find something but came up empty-handed.

Also, don't the League of Super Cats have bios? I know Crabby Tabby and Power Puss do, but I'm curious to see the others.

Comickook

[139]Dec 30, 2005
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Heh, I wondered when someone was going to do a Solomon Grundy pet. Great job as usual, ComicKook. Poochie's throughly villainous (despite the name, but as you said, what else can you expect from Grundy? :-P).

Slightly OT, but anyone know a bit on Silver Banshee's personality? I've been trying to find something but came up empty-handed.

I'll see what I can do about finding the info, 3StarvingArtist, but I can't make any guarantees.

Also, don't the League of Super Cats have bios? I know Crabby Tabby and Power Puss do, but I'm curious to see the others.

Well, catfan1 should have the Atomic Tom profile up soon enough and Issac will handle the original four since they were HIS characters.

3StarvingArtist

[140]Dec 31, 2005
    Awesome (tho I did consider making Solstice serious and pretty humorless).

On the Super Cats: Groovy, can't wait to check them out.
    :-)They seem like interesting chars.