Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Heroes & Villains: Their Pets

Comickook

[141]Dec 31, 2005
    • level: 9
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Awesome (tho I did consider making Solstice serious and pretty humorless).

Well, the Silver Banshee has the ability to kill with her voice (as long as the individual is in her line of sight) and she seems to have no qualms about using it, so it's save to assume she's a pretty remorseless killer. She also has a major fasination with the occult, which led to her getting her powers (the aforementioned death cry, somewhat superhuman strength and speed [ten times peak human] and an invulnerability to anything short of and including high-powered gunfire) in the first place. Silver Banshee also has "issues" with concerning her family (specifically her dad and not-so-little brother); though I don't know any more details than that.

And yeah, I could see Solstice as being pretty grim and serious (I could even see Streaky making some crack about how Solstice "makes Ace look like a world-class comedian by comparison")

On the Super Cats: Groovy, can't wait to check them out.
    :-)They seem like interesting chars.

I hope you won't have to wait long, my friend.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

3StarvingArtist

[142]Jan 1, 2006
    • level: 10
    [QUOTE="Comickook"]
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Awesome (tho I did consider making Solstice serious and pretty humorless).

Well, the Silver Banshee has the ability to kill with her voice (as long as the individual is in her line of sight) and she seems to have no qualms about using it, so it's save to assume she's a pretty remorseless killer. She also has a major fasination with the occult, which led to her getting her powers (the aforementioned death cry, somewhat superhuman strength and speed [ten times peak human] and an invulnerability to anything short of and including high-powered gunfire) in the first place. Silver Banshee also has "issues" with concerning her family (specifically her dad and not-so-little brother); though I don't know any more details than that.

And yeah, I could see Solstice as being pretty grim and serious (I could even see Streaky making some crack about how Solstice "makes Ace look like a world-class comedian by comparison")

*nods* Yeah, I can work with this (I hate that I missed that JLU episode with Silver Banshee tho). And I can really envision Streaky saying that too. *L*

Comickook

[143]Jan 1, 2006
    [QUOTE="3StarvingArtist"]
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Awesome (though I did consider making Solstice serious and pretty humorless).

Well, the Silver Banshee has the ability to kill with her voice (as long as the individual is in her line of sight) and she seems to have no qualms about using it, so it's save to assume she's a pretty remorseless killer. She also has a major fasination with the occult, which led to her getting her powers (the aforementioned death cry, somewhat superhuman strength and speed [ten times peak human] and an invulnerability to anything short of and including high-powered gunfire) in the first place. Silver Banshee also has "issues" concerning her family (specifically her dad and not-so-little brother); though I don't know any more details than that.

*nods* Yeah, I can work with this (I hate that I missed that JLU episode with Silver Banshee though). And I can really envision Streaky saying that too. *L*

Okay. I goofed on the "Family issues" deal; it was actually her UNCLE she had major issues with. I got this correction from the Silver Banshee file I've also included here. You will notice that I also made a SLIGHT error concerning the nature of her death cry AND actually missed a power. Anyway, on to the Silver Banshee profile.

Class: Human magic-user

Group Affiliation: None

Known Relatives: Bevan McDougal (brother), Garret McDougal (father, deceased), Seamus McDougal (uncle)

Aliases: None

Base of Operations: Netherworld

First Appearance: Action Comics #595 (December, 1987)

Powers: Silver Banshee possessed superhuman speed, invulnerability, and the strength of ten men. She could change from her mortal form to Silver Banshee at will. Her wail could kill human beings in her line of sight as long as she is aware of their identity, and her sonic powers also allow her to teleport.

History: Siobhan was the first-born child of Garrett McDougal, the patriarch of an old Gaelic clan that has occupied an island midway between Scotland and Ireland for a thousand generations. On that island is Castle Broen, where first-born McDougals enter to undergo a ritual to prove themselves worthy to lead the clan. When Siobhan was young she traveled the world, only returning to Castle Broen when she heard of her fathers death. Her uncle Seamus was determined that no woman would lead the clan, and intended her brother Bevan to become the new patriarch. She went ahead with the family ritual by herself, which involved calling on supernatural forces for power. She was interrupted by Bevan, and the distraction proved disastrous as she was dragged away into an infernal netherworld. An entity called the Crone granted her powers and the ability to return to Earth as the Silver Banshee, but demanded payment in the form of an occult book that belonged to her father. She found that her father's book collection had been shipped off for sale in the United States. Her quest brought her to Metropolis, and as she killed anyone that stood in the way of her search she attracted the attention of Superman. Unable to defeat Superman, she chose to retreat and continue her mission at a later date.

Silver Banshee returned to Metropolis two more times, but was halted both times by Superman. It was Batman who finally found the book amongst some stolen goods in Gotham City. Superman brought the book to Castle Broen where he was confronted by Silver Banshee. The Crone appeared at the castle, and after an enigmatic warning to Superman, she dragged the Banshee, Bevan and Seamus off to her netherworld.

(Superman / Batman #3) - Banshee and a number of other supervillains attempted to collect the billion dollar bounty President Luthor placed on Superman’s head but failed.

List of appearances: Action Comics #595
    Supergirl vol. 2 #10-12, 47
    Superman vol. 4 #23
    Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
    (Earth-806 Silver Banshee)
    Elseworlds 80-Page Giant #1

Comments: Created by John Byrne

Silver Banshee received a profile in Who's Who Update '88 #3.

All characters mentioned or pictured are ™ and © DC Comics, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Please visit The Official DC Comics Site at: http://www.batman.com

Home

3StarvingArtist

[144]Jan 2, 2006
    Cool, I haven't seen this site yet (man, despite the fact that she is a villain, I actually feel kinda bad for her, what with her circumstances and all). This'll definately help. Thanks, ComicKook.

Comickook

[145]Jan 2, 2006
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Cool, I haven't seen this site yet (man, despite the fact that she is a villain, I actually feel kinda bad for her, what with her circumstances and all). This'll definitely help. Thanks, ComicKook.

Not a problem, 3StarvingArtist.

3StarvingArtist

[146]Jan 5, 2006
    Name: Solstice.

Species: Otherworldly gray wolf.

Abilities/Powers: Solstice possesses the physical strength and speed of nine wolves, as well as greatly heightened durability to the extent that she is immune to gunfire. However, her most lethal power is a powerful sonic howl that can kill her targets (provided that she can identify them first). She is knowledgeable on the supernatural (being a creature of eldritch origins herself).

Home Planet or State: Netherworld.

Owner: Silver Banshee.

History: Solstice was a gift of sorts from the Crone to Silver Banshee. The Crone figured that Silver Banshee could use the extra help, and summoned a wolf from the Netherworld. Solstice has been loyally serving her new mistress ever since.

Personality: Solstice always keeps her eyes focused on the task set before her. Extremely serious and looks down on what she considers silly or immature behavior, and that includes humor. People who use humor as a coping method are weak in her eyes (this includes Streaky, who she particularly hates because of his smart-alecky nature). She believes that pain must be endured because it makes one a stronger person and builds character.

Description: Solstice is a large female wolf (nearly the size of a pony) with a thick mane of fur on her neck and shoulders. Her fur is ghostly white, except for a mask of black fur over her yellow pupil-less eyes and black ears.

Ladsone

[147]Jan 6, 2006
    • level: 13
    Very interesting 3StarvingArtist. This will make a fascinating addition to our villains.

LADSONE

Comickook

[148]Jan 6, 2006
    Ladsone wrote:
    Very interesting 3StarvingArtist. This will make a fascinating addition to our villains.

LADSONE

Very true, Ladsone. I should have some more ideas for villain pets relatively soon. Actually, I already DO have ideas; they're just not fully formed yet.

Ladsone

[149]Jan 6, 2006
    Same here my friend. I've been researching a possible pet for Black Manta, but just haven't found the right one yet. I will be getting together with Scott either tomorrow or Monday (depending on his schedule) and try to finish the second half of the Krypto/Scooby episode.

LADSONE

3StarvingArtist

[150]Jan 6, 2006
    Comickook wrote:
    Ladsone wrote:

LADSONE

Very true, Ladsone. I should have some more ideas for villain pets relatively soon. Actually, I already DO have ideas; they're just not fully formed yet.

Ladsone: Thanks. :-)

ComicKook: I think you know what I'm going to say, right?

3StarvingArtist

[151]Jan 6, 2006
    Ladsone wrote:
    Same here my friend. I've been researching a possible pet for Black Manta, but just haven't found the right one yet. I will be getting together with Scott either tomorrow or Monday (depending on his schedule) and try to finish the second half of the Krypto/Scooby episode.

LADSONE

Really? Great, I can't wait to see what you come up with. I hope this might be of some help to you --http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/index.html

And that's good news on the Krypto/Scooby xover, but I'm a bit curious... will we be seeing anymore of the Baron (who's a pretty awesome villain)?

Ladsone

[152]Jan 6, 2006
    Thanks. The Baron will be making a few more appearances (as will Jarvis and the super dobes)

LADSONE

Ladsone

[153]Jan 7, 2006
    I think I've come up with an idea for Black Manta's pet (thanks to Adam and Jeff at the School of Comics for this one). How about giving Black Manta two pets. The main pet will be an Orca whale and for close-to-shore work, a pair of stingrays. I PM'd 3starvingartist with this and am waiting to hear back from her.

LADSONE

3StarvingArtist

[154]Jan 7, 2006
    On the Baron: Cool. It's nice to see a villain with a sense of style.

On Manta's pets: I think you know my answer. :-)

Comickook

[155]Jan 8, 2006
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    On the Baron: Cool. It's nice to see a villain with a sense of style.

On Manta's pets: I think you know my answer. :-)

Yeah. I think I do, too. :-)

3StarvingArtist

[156]Jan 20, 2006

No new char bios to post (yet); just saving the thread.

Comickook

[157]Jan 20, 2006
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

No new char bios to post (yet); just saving the thread.

Yeah. Thanks very, very much.

Ladsone

[158]Mar 4, 2006
    Well, the muse finally came through. Here is the bio on Black Manta's pet Orca, Kimiko

NAME: Kimiko
    SPECIES: Orca Whale
    OWNER: Black Manta
    HOME: Atlantic Ocean

Kimiko is your standard Black & White Orca that was befriended by Black Manta. It seems that Kimiko was part of a pod of whales that was under attack from a group of Great White sharks. Aquaman happened to be in the area and tried to stop the sharks, but one of the sharks was able to attack Kimiko and wound her. Aquaman saw this, but thought that the shark had killed her. A short time later, Black Manta saw the whale and took it to the Devil's Trench where he bandaged her and nursed her back to wellness. He also convinced the whale that Aquaman ordered the shark to attack her and that he would never do such a thing to a "magnificent creature such as yourself". Orca fell for this hook, line and sinker (no pun intended) and has been with Black Manta since.

FEATURES: Kimiko is also equipped with a small radio receiver that Manta implanted to allow him to summon her and communicate with her (via a communicator built into his helmet).

3StarvingArtist

[159]Mar 11, 2006

Kimiko looks nicely done Ladsone. I also like the little feature fic you dd with her. But I'm curious to know, what happened to the two manta rays that were s'posed to be Black Manta's other sidekicks?

Btw, I'm going to try and get back in the loop now, since I think my KTS-muse has taken a break since I haven't seen any eps in a long time. *wishes they hurry and air the second season already*

Ladsone

[160]Mar 11, 2006
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

Kimiko looks nicely done Ladsone. I also like the little feature fic you dd with her. But I'm curious to know, what happened to the two manta rays that were s'posed to be Black Manta's other sidekicks?

Btw, I'm going to try and get back in the loop now, since I think my KTS-muse has taken a break since I haven't seen any eps in a long time. *wishes they hurry and air the second season already*

Agreed. I have seen the trailer for the Krypto DVD on the Superman Homepage. Very nicely done. As far as the two mantas, I just could not come up with anything for them, so I've left them out for the time being. I might head to the Aquarium in Tampa while I'm over there visiting Casey. Maybe betwen the two of us, we can come up with something.

LADSONE