Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Krypto comic book

catfan1

[21]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 17
    Ladsone wrote:

Hello my friends.  Casey and I send our regards.  Well, it's one week and counting until K-dog number 1 hits the newsstands.  To say my junior "partner" is anxious right now would be an understatement.  Hope all is well and we look forward to seeing more episodes soon.

LADSONE AND CASEY TOO!

I'm anxiously awaiting it myself and hoping it's a fun read.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dcfan1

[22]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 9
    When is it coming out?

Oh and my brother Dave subscribed to it and we're expecting it in the mail soon.

catfan1

[23]Sep 14, 2006
    dcfan1 wrote:
    When is it coming out?

Oh and my brother Dave subscribed to it and we're expecting it in the mail soon.

Hey, I'm getting my copy in the mail too. Anyway, the DC Comics website says it goes on sale Sept. 20.

Mammal_Mage

[24]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 24
    I'm getting mine next week.

3StarvingArtist

[25]Sep 20, 2006
    • level: 10
    Seems to be a bit of a lull in activity here, so here's the latest Krypto comic that's due out in in December.

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=6481

Also, I know I said that the over-abundance of kryptonite bores me, but looks like they're going to be using this orange kryptonite in an interesting way. Muscle-Isis? And anything with a Streaky/Ace/DSP/Krypto team-up should rock the party hardy.
    Edited on 09/20/2006 8:10am

catfan1

[26]Sep 20, 2006

3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Seems to be a bit of a lull in activity here, so here's the latest Krypto comic that's due out in in December.

Also, I know I said that the over-abundance of kryptonite bores me, but looks like they're going to be using this orange kryptonite in an interesting way. Muscle-Isis? And anything with a Streaky/Ace/DSP/Krypto team-up should rock the party hardy.

I'm looking forward to that one for sure!

So, has anyone had a chance to get the new Krypto comic yet? The first issue is supposed to be out today.

3StarvingArtist

[27]Sep 20, 2006
    catfan1 wrote:

3StarvingArtist wrote:

So, has anyone had a chance to get the new Krypto comic yet? The first issue is supposed to be out today.

I can't believe it's the 20th already. I'd like to get these comics, but I'm a little short on money right now, so looks like that'll have to wait. And everyone looks good on that cover (they even have *all* of the Dog Stars together!) except for Krypto and his weird shar-pei-esque face. And just noticed this, but.. that kryptonite Isis is wearing isn't orange.

catfan1

[28]Sep 20, 2006
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:

3StarvingArtist wrote:

I can't believe it's the 20th already. I'd like to get these comics, but I'm a little short on money right now, so looks like that'll have to wait. And everyone looks good on that cover (they even have *all* of the Dog Stars together!) except for Krypto and his weird shar-pei-esque face. And just noticed this, but.. that kryptonite Isis is wearing isn't orange.
    I understand, I may have to skip a few movie rentals or otherwise make some small sacrifices but I AM getting these comics! I tend to think the writers have used Kryptonite a bit too often on the TV show but I don't mind seeing it when they can come up with some kind of new twist as seen on this cover. Come to think of it, I wish the TV show would give up us more stories like this with Streaky, Ace and all the Dog Stars working together.
    Edited on 09/20/2006 12:38pm

Ladsone

[29]Sep 20, 2006
    • level: 13
    Greetings my friends.  Just picked up my two copies this afternoon (I'll be sending Casey his via overnight mail).  Haven't had a chance to look it over yet, but I will after dinner this evening.

LADSONE

3StarvingArtist

[30]Sep 21, 2006
    catfan1 wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:

3StarvingArtist wrote:

I understand, I may have to skip a few movie rentals or otherwise make some small sacrifices but I AM getting these comics! I tend to think the writers have used Kryptonite a bit too often on the TV show but I don't mind seeing it when they can come up with some kind of new twist as seen on this cover. Come to think of it, I wish the TV show would give up us more stories like this with Streaky, Ace and all the Dog Stars working together.

Agreed. I have to wonder if this comic will turn out to be better then the show.

@Ladsone: Cool, why don't you tell us how it was once you finish reading it?

Edited on 09/21/2006 2:58pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Isaac6356

[31]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 15

Well comics are like manga. They can have more violence and action than what television shows can do, if you know what I mean.

I need to look on Wikipedia again, as I forgot what Orange Kryptonite did.

3StarvingArtist

[32]Sep 21, 2006
    Isaac6356 wrote:

Well comics are like manga. They can have more violence and action than what television shows can do, if you know what I mean.

I need to look on Wikipedia again, as I forgot what Orange Kryptonite did.

I can dig it. I'm just not sure how far these writers would go considering both their source material and target audience, but hopefully we will get to see more character development in the comic, since they might be able to squeeze some in the comics' 32 pages.

On orange kryptonite: I tried looking for it myself, but either I missed it or it isn't on there.

Edited on 09/21/2006 3:05pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Isaac6356

[33]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 15
    Yeah. Didn't see it either. Perhaps it's something new, or someone was mistaken.

catfan1

[34]Sep 22, 2006

Here's another interview with 'Krypto' writer Jesse Leon McCann.  It sounds like they're making a good effort to put out an entertaining series.

He says the comic book's stories are aimed at ages 8-11, which is slightly older than the target audience for the TV show (with material older fans should appreciate), and he says he would like to see it become an ongoing series.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=8427

Edited on 09/22/2006 1:46pm

dannytoska

[35]Sep 22, 2006
    • level: 3

sounds like good news from everyone.  I really think the show will air new episodes. 

One thing though?  I live in Bensalem PA and can't seem to find a comic book store around me.  If anyone knows of one please let me know.  I will give any information I can to help us out.  For now we have to see what happens. 

Ruff, Ruff, and Away

3StarvingArtist

[36]Sep 22, 2006

That's a cool interview, Catfan. I have high hopes for the comic series after reading it.

@Dannytoska: I believe that you can order the comics online at the DC site, but don't quote me on that.

Edited on 09/22/2006 2:42pm

JusticeLeaguer

[37]Sep 22, 2006
    • level: 61
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    I believe that you can order the comics online at the DC site, but don't quote me on that.

You can't I tried. Try ebay though

catfan1

[38]Sep 22, 2006

JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    I believe that you can order the comics online at the DC site, but don't quote me on that.
    You can't I tried. Try ebay though

Also, if you do a search, you'll find there are several comic book dealers online you can purchase the new issues from  That's what I ended up doing.

EDIT: The DC Comics site links to a feature that lists comic book stores so you can see if there is one near you.

Edited on 09/22/2006 4:37pm
    Edited 2 total times.

dcfan1

[39]Sep 22, 2006
    • level: 9
    It's been two days and haven't received the comics yet. I guess Dave chose ground shipping. Still, has anybody got the comic and put up some spoilers?

catfan1

[40]Sep 23, 2006

dcfan1 wrote:
    It's been two days and haven't received the comics yet. I guess Dave chose ground shipping. Still, has anybody got the comic and put up some spoilers?

I chose the cheaper shipping myself, I don't mind waiting and saving a buck or two. I should receive it by Tuesday-Wednesday, I think. Anyway, I've seen one brief review with only minor spoilers, link below.

http://www.popsyndicate.com/index.php/site/story/krypto_the_super_dog_1/