Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Krypto comic book

  • Avatar of catfan1

    catfan1

    [21]Sep 14, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 520
    Ladsone wrote:

    Hello my friends.  Casey and I send our regards.  Well, it's one week and counting until K-dog number 1 hits the newsstands.  To say my junior "partner" is anxious right now would be an understatement.  Hope all is well and we look forward to seeing more episodes soon.

    LADSONE AND CASEY TOO!



    I'm anxiously awaiting it myself and hoping it's a fun read.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dcfan1

    dcfan1

    [22]Sep 14, 2006
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 327
    When is it coming out?

    Oh and my brother Dave subscribed to it and we're expecting it in the mail soon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of catfan1

    catfan1

    [23]Sep 14, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 520
    dcfan1 wrote:
    When is it coming out?

    Oh and my brother Dave subscribed to it and we're expecting it in the mail soon.


    Hey, I'm getting my copy in the mail too. Anyway, the DC Comics website says it goes on sale Sept. 20.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mammal_Mage

    Mammal_Mage

    [24]Sep 14, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 1,073
    I'm getting mine next week.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 3StarvingArtist

    3StarvingArtist

    [25]Sep 20, 2006
    • member since: 08/18/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 877
    Seems to be a bit of a lull in activity here, so here's the latest Krypto comic that's due out in in December.

    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=6481

    Also, I know I said that the over-abundance of kryptonite bores me, but looks like they're going to be using this orange kryptonite in an interesting way. Muscle-Isis? And anything with a Streaky/Ace/DSP/Krypto team-up should rock the party hardy.
    Edited on 09/20/2006 8:10am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of catfan1

    catfan1

    [26]Sep 20, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 520

    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Seems to be a bit of a lull in activity here, so here's the latest Krypto comic that's due out in in December.

    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=6481

    Also, I know I said that the over-abundance of kryptonite bores me, but looks like they're going to be using this orange kryptonite in an interesting way. Muscle-Isis? And anything with a Streaky/Ace/DSP/Krypto team-up should rock the party hardy.

    I'm looking forward to that one for sure!

    So, has anyone had a chance to get the new Krypto comic yet? The first issue is supposed to be out today.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 3StarvingArtist

    3StarvingArtist

    [27]Sep 20, 2006
    • member since: 08/18/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 877
    catfan1 wrote:

    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Seems to be a bit of a lull in activity here, so here's the latest Krypto comic that's due out in in December.

    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=6481

    Also, I know I said that the over-abundance of kryptonite bores me, but looks like they're going to be using this orange kryptonite in an interesting way. Muscle-Isis? And anything with a Streaky/Ace/DSP/Krypto team-up should rock the party hardy.

    I'm looking forward to that one for sure!

    So, has anyone had a chance to get the new Krypto comic yet? The first issue is supposed to be out today.



    I can't believe it's the 20th already. I'd like to get these comics, but I'm a little short on money right now, so looks like that'll have to wait. And everyone looks good on that cover (they even have *all* of the Dog Stars together!) except for Krypto and his weird shar-pei-esque face. And just noticed this, but.. that kryptonite Isis is wearing isn't orange.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of catfan1

    catfan1

    [28]Sep 20, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 520
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:

    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Seems to be a bit of a lull in activity here, so here's the latest Krypto comic that's due out in in December.

    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=6481

    Also, I know I said that the over-abundance of kryptonite bores me, but looks like they're going to be using this orange kryptonite in an interesting way. Muscle-Isis? And anything with a Streaky/Ace/DSP/Krypto team-up should rock the party hardy.

    I'm looking forward to that one for sure!

    So, has anyone had a chance to get the new Krypto comic yet? The first issue is supposed to be out today.

    I can't believe it's the 20th already. I'd like to get these comics, but I'm a little short on money right now, so looks like that'll have to wait. And everyone looks good on that cover (they even have *all* of the Dog Stars together!) except for Krypto and his weird shar-pei-esque face. And just noticed this, but.. that kryptonite Isis is wearing isn't orange.
    I understand, I may have to skip a few movie rentals or otherwise make some small sacrifices but I AM getting these comics! I tend to think the writers have used Kryptonite a bit too often on the TV show but I don't mind seeing it when they can come up with some kind of new twist as seen on this cover. Come to think of it, I wish the TV show would give up us more stories like this with Streaky, Ace and all the Dog Stars working together.
    Edited on 09/20/2006 12:38pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ladsone

    Ladsone

    [29]Sep 20, 2006
    • member since: 06/19/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 380
    Greetings my friends.  Just picked up my two copies this afternoon (I'll be sending Casey his via overnight mail).  Haven't had a chance to look it over yet, but I will after dinner this evening.

    LADSONE

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 3StarvingArtist

    3StarvingArtist

    [30]Sep 21, 2006
    • member since: 08/18/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 877
    catfan1 wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:

    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Seems to be a bit of a lull in activity here, so here's the latest Krypto comic that's due out in in December.

    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=6481

    Also, I know I said that the over-abundance of kryptonite bores me, but looks like they're going to be using this orange kryptonite in an interesting way. Muscle-Isis? And anything with a Streaky/Ace/DSP/Krypto team-up should rock the party hardy.

    I'm looking forward to that one for sure!

    So, has anyone had a chance to get the new Krypto comic yet? The first issue is supposed to be out today.

    I can't believe it's the 20th already. I'd like to get these comics, but I'm a little short on money right now, so looks like that'll have to wait. And everyone looks good on that cover (they even have *all* of the Dog Stars together!) except for Krypto and his weird shar-pei-esque face. And just noticed this, but.. that kryptonite Isis is wearing isn't orange.
    I understand, I may have to skip a few movie rentals or otherwise make some small sacrifices but I AM getting these comics! I tend to think the writers have used Kryptonite a bit too often on the TV show but I don't mind seeing it when they can come up with some kind of new twist as seen on this cover. Come to think of it, I wish the TV show would give up us more stories like this with Streaky, Ace and all the Dog Stars working together.

    Agreed. I have to wonder if this comic will turn out to be better then the show.

    @Ladsone: Cool, why don't you tell us how it was once you finish reading it?

    Edited on 09/21/2006 2:58pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Isaac6356

    Isaac6356

    [31]Sep 21, 2006
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 986

    Well comics are like manga. They can have more violence and action than what television shows can do, if you know what I mean.

    I need to look on Wikipedia again, as I forgot what Orange Kryptonite did.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 3StarvingArtist

    3StarvingArtist

    [32]Sep 21, 2006
    • member since: 08/18/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 877
    Isaac6356 wrote:

    Well comics are like manga. They can have more violence and action than what television shows can do, if you know what I mean.

    I need to look on Wikipedia again, as I forgot what Orange Kryptonite did.

    I can dig it. I'm just not sure how far these writers would go considering both their source material and target audience, but hopefully we will get to see more character development in the comic, since they might be able to squeeze some in the comics' 32 pages.

    On orange kryptonite: I tried looking for it myself, but either I missed it or it isn't on there.

    Edited on 09/21/2006 3:05pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Isaac6356

    Isaac6356

    [33]Sep 21, 2006
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 986
    Yeah. Didn't see it either. Perhaps it's something new, or someone was mistaken.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of catfan1

    catfan1

    [34]Sep 22, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 520

    Here's another interview with 'Krypto' writer Jesse Leon McCann.  It sounds like they're making a good effort to put out an entertaining series.

    He says the comic book's stories are aimed at ages 8-11, which is slightly older than the target audience for the TV show (with material older fans should appreciate), and he says he would like to see it become an ongoing series.

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=8427

    Edited on 09/22/2006 1:46pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dannytoska

    dannytoska

    [35]Sep 22, 2006
    • member since: 10/29/04
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 27

    sounds like good news from everyone.  I really think the show will air new episodes. 

    One thing though?  I live in Bensalem PA and can't seem to find a comic book store around me.  If anyone knows of one please let me know.  I will give any information I can to help us out.  For now we have to see what happens. 

    Ruff, Ruff, and Away

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 3StarvingArtist

    3StarvingArtist

    [36]Sep 22, 2006
    • member since: 08/18/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 877

    That's a cool interview, Catfan. I have high hopes for the comic series after reading it.

    @Dannytoska: I believe that you can order the comics online at the DC site, but don't quote me on that.

    Edited on 09/22/2006 2:42pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JusticeLeaguer

    JusticeLeaguer

    [37]Sep 22, 2006
    • member since: 07/10/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 4,902
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    I believe that you can order the comics online at the DC site, but don't quote me on that.


    You can't I tried. Try ebay though
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of catfan1

    catfan1

    [38]Sep 22, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 520

    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    I believe that you can order the comics online at the DC site, but don't quote me on that.
    You can't I tried. Try ebay though

    Also, if you do a search, you'll find there are several comic book dealers online you can purchase the new issues from  That's what I ended up doing.

    EDIT: The DC Comics site links to a feature that lists comic book stores so you can see if there is one near you.

    Edited on 09/22/2006 4:37pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dcfan1

    dcfan1

    [39]Sep 22, 2006
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 327
    It's been two days and haven't received the comics yet. I guess Dave chose ground shipping. Still, has anybody got the comic and put up some spoilers?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of catfan1

    catfan1

    [40]Sep 23, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 520

    dcfan1 wrote:
    It's been two days and haven't received the comics yet. I guess Dave chose ground shipping. Still, has anybody got the comic and put up some spoilers?

    I chose the cheaper shipping myself, I don't mind waiting and saving a buck or two. I should receive it by Tuesday-Wednesday, I think. Anyway, I've seen one brief review with only minor spoilers, link below.

    http://www.popsyndicate.com/index.php/site/story/krypto_the_super_dog_1/

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.