Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Krypto comic book

Isaac6356

[41]Sep 23, 2006
    • level: 15
    Can it be? Is the Joker really gonna make an appearance? I probably won't get the comics, as I don't want my brother pestering me and threatening me to tell his friends about it. That and if anyone else knew, well...yeah.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mammal_Mage

[42]Sep 24, 2006
    • level: 24
    He does apear, but not all the way.  Only his arms.

Ladsone

[43]Sep 24, 2006
    • level: 13
    Hello my friends.  Well, Casey received his copy of Krypto Number 1 on Friday and tells me he thoroughly enjoyed it.  It was kind of nice to enjoy Krypto on the Kids WB (even at 7:00 in the morning).  Hopefully this will introduce a lot more fans to our superdog and friends.  Also, I've learned that coming up in December, be on the lookout for Superman #659 where Krypto will be the featured character.  I'm including a link to the page on DC comics.com.

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=6562

LADSONE

catfan1

[44]Sep 25, 2006
    • level: 17

Ladsone wrote:
    Hello my friends.  Well, Casey received his copy of Krypto Number 1 on Friday and tells me he thoroughly enjoyed it.  It was kind of nice to enjoy Krypto on the Kids WB (even at 7:00 in the morning).  Hopefully this will introduce a lot more fans to our superdog and friends.  Also, I've learned that coming up in December, be on the lookout for Superman #659 where Krypto will be the featured character.  I'm including a link to the page on DC comics.com.

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=6562

LADSONE

Thanks for letting us know about that, Ladsone. It's neat to see Krypto getting some attention in the DC universe comics. 

By the way, I got my copy of Krypto #1 in the mail today. Haven't had a chance to read it all the way though but the cover and the interior art look good. I like the fact that the second story features Krypto, Ace and Streaky all working together as a team, something I'd like to see on the TV show more often.

Edited on 09/25/2006 11:44am

Ladsone

[45]Sep 26, 2006
    Good morning everyone.  I tried to post this last night, but with the server problems, oh well!  The Superman homepage webeste has just finished their review of Krypto #1 and I was pleased to learn that they LOVED it!.  Check out the review for yourself.  Here's the link

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/2006-post-crisis-reviews/c-review-2006.php?topic=krypto1

LADSONE

Ladsone

[46]Sep 27, 2006

Hi everybody.  Just wanted to share a little good news with you.  I stopped by my comic shop last night to see how things were going.  The manager that I work with tells me he's already sold out of his allotment of Krypto #1 and is ordering more (I swear I only bought two copies).  Hope this is going on in a lot more locations.

LADSONE

3StarvingArtist

[47]Sep 27, 2006
    • level: 10
    That's very encouraging to hear, Ladsone. Thanks for the updates.

SharanMcQuack

[48]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 11
    If it had different stories than the ones on TV, I might actually BUY it.

Comickook

[49]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 9
    Yeah. Actually, they ARE going to have different stories. Only the very FIRST story is an adaptation. The second story in the issue IS a different one than they have had on the series and we have it on pretty good authority that all of the other stories in the series are going to be new ones too.

Ladsone

[50]Oct 10, 2006
    Hello everyone. Well, it's back home tomorrow. Had a wonderful time up here in the great state of Maine. Just a quick reminder that Krypto Number 2 will be released one week from tomorrow (Wed. 10/1 and the video Krypto the Supedog, Superheroes Unleashed will be released two weeks from today (Tue. 10/24).

LADSONE

Edited on 10/10/2006 7:08pm

catfan1

[51]Oct 10, 2006
    Ladsone wrote:
    Hello everyone. Well, it's back home tomorrow. Had a wonderful time up here in the great state of Maine. Just a quick reminder that Krypto Number 2 will be released one week from tomorrow (Wed. 10/1 and the video Krypto the Supedog, Superheroes Unleashed will be released two weeks from today (Tue. 10/24).

LADSONE

Thanks for the reminders. I'm sure I'll be picking up both of those eventually.

3StarvingArtist

[52]Oct 11, 2006
    Welcome back Ladsone, and thanks for the awesome news.

Ladsone

[53]Oct 16, 2006

Hi everybody.  Check out the DC comics website.  The cover for Krypto number 5 (January) is now available.  Gives you the idea of a canine version of Superman II.

LADSONE

3StarvingArtist

[54]Oct 17, 2006
    Oh man, that sounds so jaw! Why can't the show have cool stuff like that?
    Edited on 10/17/2006 10:34am

catfan1

[55]Oct 17, 2006
    Definitely appears to be a real challenge for Krypto and company. Looking forward to seeing it.

Comickook

[56]Oct 17, 2006
    Yeah. I'm looking forward to seeing it too. I doubt it's going to be QUITE as involved as "Superman II" (the "done in a single issue" format they are following with this mini-series means that there probably won't be anywhere near the sub-plots of your standard feature film), but it should definitely be one heck of a good fight for Krypto and Streaky (as well as possibly Ace, Stretch-O-Mutt and/or the Dog Star Patrol IF they get pulled into this too).

Ladsone

[57]Oct 18, 2006
    Hello everyone.  Picked up my copies of Krypto No. 2 this afternoon.  Definitely a keeper!! The new episodes are very well done.  Casey will get his copy next week (along with the new video).  Hope you all enjoy.

LADSONE

X-624

[58]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 12
    Were did you guys find the comic do they sell it at book stores ? Any one know what Krypto No. 2 Is about ? No. 5 is going to be great.

Comickook

[59]Oct 19, 2006
    Well, I've read Krypto #2 today and ... well, the lead-off story involved Kevin and Krypto sent pinballing through dimensions courtesy of Red Kryptonite. The second story, well, I'm not going to spoil it except to say that it involved special missiles aimed for Earth's sun and it also involved the ENTIRE Dog Star Patrol (INCLUDING both Streaky AND Drooly). Any more than that would spoil TOO MUCH. I'd rather see you reading it for yourself. :-D

catfan1

[60]Oct 19, 2006

Comickook wrote:
    Well, I've read Krypto #2 today and ... well, the lead-off story involved Kevin and Krypto sent pinballing through dimensions courtesy of Red Kryptonite. The second story, well, I'm not going to spoil it except to say that it involved special missiles aimed for Earth's sun and it also involved the ENTIRE Dog Star Patrol (INCLUDING both Streaky AND Drooly). Any more than that would spoil TOO MUCH. I'd rather see you reading it for yourself. :-D
    \ Thanks for the summary. A story featuring ALL of the Dog Star Patrol members? Yay! I'm looking forward to it a lot, but I'll probably have to wait a week for my copy to arrive in the mail.

(I've just GOT to move closer to a comic book store.  )

Edited on 10/20/2006 11:25am