Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Krypto comic book

3StarvingArtist

[81]Dec 11, 2006
    • level: 10
    catfan1 wrote:

I e-mailed Jesse Leon McCann, the writer of the Krypto comic books the other day. I mentioned wanting to see Streaky get the spotlight in some stories and he graciously replied with this intriguing teaser:

There's more Streaky in future issues, including one where he is turned to the Dark Side by Mechanikat.

I can't wait to see that.

Is Doceggman's Streakwalker comic coming true?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

3StarvingArtist

[82]Dec 11, 2006
    That's certainly encouraging to hear.

Comickook

[83]Dec 11, 2006
    • level: 9
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:

I e-mailed Jesse Leon McCann, the writer of the Krypto comic books the other day. I mentioned wanting to see Streaky get the spotlight in some stories and he graciously replied with this intriguing teaser:

There's more Streaky in future issues, including one where he is turned to the Dark Side by Mechanikat.

Probably not. They were probably referring to the lead-off story in the third issue where every cat in Metropolis (including Streaky) ended up under Mechanikat's mind control.

catfan1

[84]Dec 11, 2006
    • level: 17
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:

Probably not. They were probably referring to the lead-off story in the third issue where every cat in Metropolis (including Streaky) ended up under Mechanikat's mind control.

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it after I finally saw that story.  But come to think of it, a story referencing Star Wars  would be sweet.

Edited on 12/11/2006 12:31pm

3StarvingArtist

[85]Dec 11, 2006
    catfan1 wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it after I finally saw that story. But come to think of it, a story referencing Star Wars would be sweet.

I was just joking around about the Streakwalker thing. Tho it'd be neat to see some nods to fan-created stuff and Star Wars in the comic. And that Streaky/Mechanikat story sounds cool.

Ladsone

[86]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 13
    Hi everybody.  I received an e-mail from Jesse this morning with a synopsis of Krypto number 4, which comes out this Wednesday.

Krypto, Bathound and the Dog Stars vs. Isis and Snooky and their powerful orange kryptonite! then, time is slowed to a crawl in Metropolis after an accident at Lexcorp.  Even krypto is moving in slo-mo! only Kevin still moves at normal speed, and with the help of a certain Scarlet Speedster, time just might be restored (there's an OUTER LIMITS parody of sorts in this story.  I wonder if anyone will get it?)

Hope you and yours have a Happy Christmas!

Jesse Leon McCann

Comickook

[87]Dec 17, 2006
    Yeah, happy holidays to you too Ladsone (and that goes for everybody else here too). I think Happy Holidays covers Christmas, Hanukkah AND Kwanzaa all at the same time. And, thanks for sharing the heads-up on the next issue's stories with us. I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing the guest appearance by the Flash.

catfan1

[88]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 17

I've been enjoying the comic book quite a bit so far and those stories should be a lot of fun.  I'll be sure to look for it on the newstands here. 

Happiest of holidays from me as well.

Isaac6356

[89]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 15

I'd buy the comics, but then it would be hard to hide them.

Perhaps someone could scan them so maybe I could view them? That's what I do whenever I want to read One Piece Manga or stuff like that. lol.

X-624

[90]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 12
    Ladsone wrote:
    Hi everybody.  I received an e-mail from Jesse this morning with a synopsis of Krypto number 4, which comes out this Wednesday.

Krypto, Bathound and the Dog Stars vs. Isis and Snooky and their powerful orange kryptonite! then, time is slowed to a crawl in Metropolis after an accident at Lexcorp.  Even krypto is moving in slo-mo! only Kevin still moves at normal speed, and with the help of a certain Scarlet Speedster, time just might be restored (there's an OUTER LIMITS parody of sorts in this story.  I wonder if anyone will get it?)

Jesse Leon McCann

Looks like a good story but Why dose Kevin have to be in it Just once I'd like to see a all dogs(and the supercat) comic or eps.

3StarvingArtist

[91]Dec 17, 2006
    Whenever I get around to buying them (not sure when that'll be) then I'll scan them for you, Isaac.
    Ladsone wrote:

Jesse Leon McCann

Man, first the Joker, now the Flash. This is going to be sweet! Thanks, Ladsone. I too hope everyone is having a good holiday.

Ladsone

[93]Dec 22, 2006
    Good Morning everyone.  I've just learned from Jesse (through his blog) that the storyline for Krypto number 5 is out.  It goes something like this:

In a nostalgic view, Jor-el learns that General Zod had three dangerous dogs, causing some excitment for K-dog and Supercat in an exotic locale.  The second story "Thats Not Bats" will also guest star Jim Gordon and Batman and feature the Joker and his hyenas, Bud and Lou.  The scheduled release date for number 5 is January 31st.

Have a safe and happy holiday season.

LADSONE

Isaac6356

[94]Dec 22, 2006

Ladsone wrote:
    Good Morning everyone.  I've just learned from Jesse (through his blog) that the storyline for Krypto number 5 is out.  It goes something like this:

In a nostalgic view, Jor-el learns that General Zod had three dangerous dogs, causing some excitment for K-dog and Supercat in an exotic locale.  The second story "Thats Not Bats" will also guest star Jim Gordon and Batman and feature the Joker and his hyenas, Bud and Lou.  The scheduled release date for number 5 is January 31st.

Have a safe and happy holiday season.

LADSONE

Why is it we only see human heros in comics? Oh well. This is good stuff.

Ladsone

[95]Dec 25, 2006
    Hello my friends.  Hope everyone had a great Christmas and didn't eat too much.  I've been trying to insert the scanned Krypto and Kevin print, but haven't had much success.  Any ideas?  Also, Casey e-mailed me with the news he is the proud owner of a 4-month old chocolate lab puppy so appropriately named Krypto.  I'm even sending him a Superman dog ID tag.

Hope to come up with some new episode ideas soon.  Until later, take care.

LADSONE

3StarvingArtist

[96]Dec 25, 2006

My Christmas was great. :-D I hope you enjoyed yours', and the same for everyone else.

Exactly how are you going about posting this image? You may want to try signing up for a Photobucket account (it's free) and having them host the picture, then posting the link to image here.

And congrats to Casey on his new dog. :-D

Edited on 12/25/2006 10:01pm

Isaac6356

[97]Dec 26, 2006

Congrats on the new dog. I can't wait to see the scans.

Comickook

[98]Dec 26, 2006
    Congrats on the new dog from me too. :-D And I definitely can't complain about MY Christmas. I hope YOU and yours had some Happy Holidays yourself. :-D

Ladsone

[99]Jan 11, 2007

Hi everyone.  I received this e-mail from Bob Wayne at DC Comics today.

Dear Carl (and Casey) _

We don’t have any plans to continue the Krypto the Superdog comics after #6, but we are planning a new series from Johnny DC that will feature the Legion of Super-Heroes as seen in the Kids’ WB animated series.  

I’ve known Jesse Leon McCann for several years, so I’m not at all surprised that would reply.  Jesse is a great guy.

I’ll let our publisher know you’d like to see more Krypto!

Best,
    Bob Wayne
    (same last name as Batman)

LADSONE

Edited on 01/11/2007 5:40pm

3StarvingArtist

[100]Jan 12, 2007
    No more Krypto comics? Darn...