Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Krypto comic book

Ladsone

[101]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 13
    Hello everybody.  Picked up my copy of KTS Number 5 this afternoon.  Great stories.  I'm a LOT jealous of Kevin and K-dog (how come my parents never took me to Tahiti?).  The second story was also fantastic.  Jesse did a great job on these two.  Let me know what you think.

LADSONE

P.S.  Casey, don't get any ideas about going to Tahiti!!!  L/ONE

Edited on 02/20/2007 11:17am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nevada-the-wolf

[102]Jan 31, 2007
    What's  this issue about? I know the description said Krypto finds out he's not the last dog of Krypton. Also does anybody know libraries might carry these comic to check out? I'm really interested in them.

Comickook

[103]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 9
    Well, long story short, the lead-off story in Krypto # 5 went like this:

Streaky was telling his fan club a story about how he and Krypto took on three dogs that happened to be owned by General Zod back in the days before Krypton blew up. The three dogs were supposed to be launched to Sirius, the Dog Star, but there was a malfunction in the guidance system and Zod's dogs ended up on Earth. In the story, Krypto was on vacation with Kevin and his family in Tahita, where the villainous dogs ended up chasing Streaky after he tried, in vain, to stop them on his own. Using teamwork and trickery, though, Krypto and Streaky prevailed against the trio and, after using sort of "video instructions" prepared by Jor-El when he made the rocket to repair the guidance system and launched them, again, toward Sirius.

Admittedly, there WERE a couple of obviously made-up parts in the tale Streaky told (then again, this IS a story Streaky was telling his fan club), but, on the other hand, it plays MUCH closer to what would probably REALLY happen than the tale Streaky told in "Streaky's Super Cat Tale" (Krypto was actually portrayed much more competently than he was in "Super Cat Tale" for example).

The back-up tale of issue # 5, long story short. involved Joker, Bud and Lou using radio-spooked bats and Ace and Krypto, working WITH Batman, stopping the villains.

I can't say too much more without spoiling the whole thing, but I can say that this WAS definitely a great issue. :-D

Nevada-the-wolf

[104]Feb 9, 2007
    Thanks for telling me, I'll have to look for it the next time I go to Borders bookstore.

passiton

[105]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 24
    That reminds me, I still need to get #3, #4, and #5. Where have I been?

Doceggman

[106]Feb 13, 2007
    Comickook wrote:
    The back-up tale of issue # 5, long story short. involved Joker, Bud and Lou using radio-spooked bats and Ace and Krypto, working WITH Batman, stopping the villains.
    Comickook, I shouldn't be asking this until I read the issue but what do the bats look like in the story?

Comickook

[107]Feb 13, 2007
    Doceggman wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    Comickook, I shouldn't be asking this until I read the issue but what do the bats look like in the story?

Unfortunately, I'm not very good at descriptions and I don't have a digital picture to send. You'd be better off waiting until you get the issue.

Ladsone

[108]Feb 20, 2007

Hello everyone.  Just a reminder that the sixth (and sadly, final) episode of Krypto hits the shelves tomorrow.  Be sure to get your copy.

LADSONE

Ladsone

[109]Feb 21, 2007

Hello my friends.  It looks like we have a celebrity among us.  Take a look at this e-mail from Jesse I received this morning.

Hi Carl-

Yep, my special surprise for Casey (and you!) is in the second story of issue #6. Krypto is flying over Africa when he gets a distress call from Gotham City. It's one of the Gotham City Irregulars, the children that help Bathound and Batman by passing along vital information. This particular Gotham Irregular is... Casey Dubois! (Sadly, Casey's name is hyphenated because it's at the end of a line in the narration and must continue onto the next line--like this: "CASEY DU-BOIS." Hopefully he'll still be pleasantly surprised.and think it's cool.)  Thanks for reading Krypto! 

Jesse

Now I know I won't hear the end of it.LADSONE

Edited on 02/21/2007 10:36am

3StarvingArtist

[110]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 10
    That's definately pretty cool, Ladsone. =D

Nevada-the-wolf

[111]Jul 13, 2008

Decided to bring this back up found a comic shop near me that sells back issues including Krypto!

I picked up issue 5 this past Wednesday, read the story a few times, now I just need to get the other issues.

Edited on 07/13/2008 2:29pm

Nevada-the-wolf

[112]Aug 10, 2008
    Picked up issues 1 and 4 this week!