Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Krypto Crossovers:

Comickook

[1]Sep 9, 2005
    • level: 9
    What shows would you like to see Krypto do a crossover with ("Superman: the Animated Series" or "Batman: the Animated Series" aside; THOSE are too easy)? Not necessarily Warner Brothers or Cartoon Network either (though those are certainly allowed); I mean ANY shows aside from the two I mentioned; Disney, Foxkids, Nickeloden; you name it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

3StarvingArtist

[2]Sep 11, 2005
    • level: 10
    Off the top of my head, definately Road Rovers. =D I could also visualize a Krypto xover with Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers.

As for current shows that could work... uh, I'll get back to you.

3StarvingArtist

[3]Sep 11, 2005
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

Mammal_Mage

[4]Sep 11, 2005
    • level: 24
    if video games count, i wonna know how krypto and ace do against sly cooper.

Comickook

[5]Sep 11, 2005
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Off the top of my head, definately Road Rovers. =D

Yeah. It would be highly interesting to see how the Transdogmifier would affect Ace or the already super-powered Dog Star Patrol members (especially Krypto). Not to mention it might be amusing seeing Colleen getting jealous of the Transdogmified Brainy (as well as Hunter getting jealous concerning the transdogmified forms of either Krypto or Ace)

I could also visualize a Krypto xover with Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers.

I could envision that too. I mean, the Rangers getting used to the idea of a cat who is actually one of the good guys and Streaky trying to control his feline instincts around the four hero rodents and the housefly would be pretty good material at that.

As for current shows that could work... uh, I'll get back to you.

Yeah, I understand.

Comickook

[6]Sep 11, 2005
    Mammal_Mage wrote:
    if video games count, i wonna know how krypto and ace do against sly cooper.

Yeah, that might make a pretty good crossover at that. Aside from that, it might be amusing seeing Sly having to contend with competition from Isis or even Sly seeing Inspector Fox, aka Carmella (sp?) around Ace a lot and actually getting jealous.

3StarvingArtist

[7]Sep 11, 2005
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

Yeah. It would be highly interesting to see how the Transdogmifier would affect Ace or the already super-powered Dog Star Patrol members (especially Krypto). Not to mention it might be amusing seeing Colleen getting jealous of the Transdogmified Brainy (as well as Hunter getting jealous concerning the transdogmified forms of either Krypto or Ace) "

Krypto as a Rover? Parvo = Teh PWNED. :-P

A friend of mines' (also a RR fan-writer. Our storyverses kinda overlap with one another's) is doing Rover-Ace, and just thought it'd better if he didn't have any powers but kept all his l33t skillz. I have to agree -- Ace with powers is like giving Batman powers. Just not fitting with the char.

On Colleen: Heh, despite what a lot of (bad) RR fanfic would have you believe about poor Colleen, I personally think she'd like having other ladies around to talk with (well, unless MM or Brainy started displaying interest in Hunter. Then we see the claws come out). Y'know, a sort of girl talk... thing (slightly OT: guess the movie reference I just made ;-P). On the other hand, I do see Hunter feeling outclassed by Krypto and getting envious of him, which is exactly what occurs in my fanon series. But they eventually become cool in the end.

Er, all IMHO. I'll stop babbling now. ^_^

"I could also visualize a Krypto xover with Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers.

I could envision that too. I mean, the Rangers getting used to the idea of a cat who is actually one of the good guys and Streaky trying to control his feline instincts around the four hero rodents and the housefly would be pretty good material at that. "

Actually, I think the Rangers have run into good cats before (the kitten with the gorilla friend and that one who had been kidnapped by Nimnul's robot dogs). Is Streaky the sort to to eat mice? I mean, we all know he has quite the mad-on for fish, but has he ever gone after rodents before? But I do predict a Monterey Jack freak-out upon meeting Supercat. Dale would totally idolize K-Dog. =D

"As for current shows that could work... uh, I'll get back to you.

Yeah, I understand.

Yeah, not a lot of shows out now that would or could make sense getting crossed over with KTS. Again, IMO.

Comickook

[8]Sep 11, 2005
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

Yeah. It would be highly interesting to see how the Transdogmifier would affect Ace or the already super-powered Dog Star Patrol members (especially Krypto). Not to mention it might be amusing seeing Colleen getting jealous of the Transdogmified Brainy (as well as Hunter getting jealous concerning the transdogmified forms of either Krypto or Ace) "

Krypto as a Rover? Parvo = Teh PWNED. :-P

Yeah. I could see Parvo griping very verbally to Mechanikat about bringing even more of those meddlesome canines on his cases too.

A friend of mines' (also a RR fan-writer. Our storyverses kinda overlap with one another's) is doing Rover-Ace, and just thought it'd better if he didn't have any powers but kept all his gear and skills. I have to agree -- Ace with powers is like giving Batman powers. Just not fitting with the char.

Excellent point.

On Colleen: Heh, despite what a lot of (bad) RR fanfic would have you believe about poor Colleen, I personally think she'd like having other ladies around to talk with (well, unless MM or Brainy started displaying interest in Hunter. Then we see the claws come out). Y'know, a sort of girl talk... thing (slightly OT: guess the movie reference I just made ;-P). On the other hand, I do see Hunter feeling outclassed by Krypto and getting envious of him, which is exactly what occurs in my fanon series. But they eventually become cool in the end.

Yeah. I could definitely see that too.

Er, all IMHO. I'll stop babbling now. ^_^

"I could also visualize a Krypto xover with Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers.

I could envision that too. I mean, the Rangers getting used to the idea of a cat who is actually one of the good guys and Streaky trying to control his feline instincts around the four hero rodents and the housefly would be pretty good material at that. "

Actually, I think the Rangers have run into good cats before (the kitten with the gorilla friend and that one who had been kidnapped by Nimnul's robot dogs).

Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

Is Streaky the sort to to eat mice? I mean, we all know he has quite the mad-on for fish, but has he ever gone after rodents before?

Well, probably before he got his powers, but now that he has them, well, Streaky would probably realize that Krypto would severely frown upon him abusing his powers by killing innocent animals (keep in mind that all the fish Streaky eats are ALREADY dead before he even gets to them). Now, he probably just settles for giving the mice a good scare around his household just to keep his home.

But I do predict a Monterey Jack freak-out upon meeting Supercat.

Indeed so. And I could see Fat Cat trying in vain to flirt with Isis (well, maybe in vain, maybe not; after all, Fat Cat's a pretty big crime boss in the animal kingdom so Isis might think he would be a good connection and I'm sure Fat Cat wouldn't be completely devoid of charm if he were to encounter an attractive but felonious female feline, which Isis is. [])

Dale would totally idolize K-Dog. =D

True enough.

"As for current shows that could work... uh, I'll get back to you.

Yeah, I understand.

Yeah, not a lot of shows out now that would or could make sense getting crossed over with KTS. Again, IMO.

Well, there's Lilo and Stitch: the Series. I mean, you have to admit that Kevin and Lilo would probably have enough of a combination of similiarities and differences where I COULD see them becoming fast friends. Also, Mechanikat and Hamsterville are pretty similiar in terms of personality (and I could definitely see the two space villains getting the idea of kidnapping Kevin and Lilo in manners that frame Stitch and Krypto respectively for the crimes [obviously in the hopes that Krypto and Stitch would end up fighting until they destroyed each other]). Not to mention the thoughts of a sandwich-eating contest between Streaky and 625 at close to the end of the story (let's face it, that's the only way 625 WOULD stand a realistic chance against Streaky [Streaky would cream 625 in an actual straight-up fight because he actually uses his powers a lot more than 625 uses HIS] and also the only way he'd even agree to a contest against Streaky).

Mammal_Mage

[9]Sep 12, 2005
    i once had dream about a krypto/megas xlr crossover, but it didn't make much sense. it took place during the "krypto scrypto" and years after the last episode of megas xlr(so into the future, coop and kiva has a son).

3StarvingArtist

[10]Sep 12, 2005
    If we can count comics too, maybe Krypto and the Andorozons (http://andorozon.com/)? It's just way too easy for me to see Mechanikat and the ECS team up. Chekari 2 and Snooky would either hate or be totally cool with one another. =D

Isaac6356

[11]Sep 12, 2005
    • level: 15
    I made that Kryto/Yu Gi Oh! GX fic on Danmat's fansite. I mentioned it on here, but I don't think anyone was interested. If anyone is able to go to Danmat's site, check the fanfics section *the last chapter is in the forums, since it hasn't been added to the site yet*.

Comickook

[12]Sep 12, 2005
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    If we can count comics too, maybe Krypto and the Andorozons (http://andorozon.com/)? It's just way too easy for me to see Mechanikat and the ECS team up. Chekari 2 and Snooky would either hate or be totally cool with one another. =D

Yeah, I could see that too. I hope you didn't take offense to some of my further comments on your Road Rovers and Rescue Ranger crossover ideas. Also, would would mind posting links to those Krypto/Road Rovers crossovers you mentioned you and your friend doing.

Comickook

[13]Sep 12, 2005
    Isaac6356 wrote:
    I made that Kryto/Yu Gi Oh! GX fic on Danmat's fansite. I mentioned it on here, but I don't think anyone was interested. If anyone is able to go to Danmat's site, check the fanfics section *the last chapter is in the forums, since it hasn't been added to the site yet*.

I was fairly interested, Issac (even though I'm much more of a Krypto fan than a Yu-gi-oh! fan). I'll have to admit you did a pretty good job on it.

catfan1

[14]Sep 12, 2005
    • level: 17
    Comickook wrote:
    Isaac6356 wrote:

I was fairly interested, Issac (even though I'm much more of a Krypto fan than a Yu-gi-oh! fan). I'll have to admit you did a pretty good job on it.

I'd agree that the Krypto portion was interesting, even though I'm still not real familiar with Yu-gi-oh!

3StarvingArtist

[15]Sep 13, 2005
    On KTS/RR: "Krypto as a Rover? Parvo = Teh PWNED. :-P

Yeah. I could see Parvo griping very verbally to Mechanikat about bringing even more of those meddlesome canines on his cases too."

And meddlesome cat (no rules in RR canon saying that a cat (Streaky) can't become a Rover too). =D

On KTS/CNDRR: "Is Streaky the sort to to eat mice? I mean, we all know he has quite the mad-on for fish, but has he ever gone after rodents before?

Well, probably before he got his powers, but now that he has them, well, Streaky would probably realize that Krypto would severely frown upon him abusing his powers by killing innocent animals (keep in mind that all the fish Streaky eats are ALREADY dead before he even gets to them). Now, he probably just settles for giving the mice a good scare around his household just to keep his home."

Agree wholeheartedly. *chuckles at the thought of Streaky scaring mice*

"Indeed so. And I could see Fat Cat trying in vain to flirt with Isis (well, maybe in vain, maybe not; after all, Fat Cat's a pretty big crime boss in the animal kingdom so Isis might think he would be a good connection and I'm sure Fat Cat wouldn't be completely devoid of charm if he were to encounter an attractive but felonious female feline, which Isis is."

Very true. Now I'm wishing all this were a real xover. =D

On Lilo and Stitch/KTS: Actually, I stopped watching L & S past the first film. ^^;; But if the xover can work reasonably (as your idea sounds like it could), and doesn't wind up like a "Lord Of The Rings"/"Dragonball Z" xover, then that's always a good thing.

Hmm... KTS and Dynomutt?

Comickook

[16]Sep 13, 2005
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    On KTS/RR: "Krypto as a Rover? Parvo = Teh PWNED. :-P

Yeah. I could see Parvo griping very verbally to Mechanikat about bringing even more of those meddlesome canines on his cases too."

And meddlesome cat (no rules in RR canon saying that a cat (Streaky) can't become a Rover too). =D

On KTS/CNDRR: "Is Streaky the sort to to eat mice? I mean, we all know he has quite the mad-on for fish, but has he ever gone after rodents before?

Well, probably before he got his powers, but now that he has them, well, Streaky would probably realize that Krypto would severely frown upon him abusing his powers by killing innocent animals (keep in mind that all the fish Streaky eats are ALREADY dead before he even gets to them). Now, he probably just settles for giving the mice a good scare around his household just to keep his home."

Agree wholeheartedly. *chuckles at the thought of Streaky scaring mice*

"Indeed so. And I could see Fat Cat trying in vain to flirt with Isis (well, maybe in vain, maybe not; after all, Fat Cat's a pretty big crime boss in the animal kingdom so Isis might think he would be a good connection and I'm sure Fat Cat wouldn't be completely devoid of charm if he were to encounter an attractive but felonious female feline, which Isis is."

Very true. Now I'm wishing all this were a real xover. =D

On Lilo and Stitch/KTS: Actually, I stopped watching L & S past the first film. ^^;; But if the xover can work reasonably (as your idea sounds like it could), and doesn't wind up like a "Lord Of The Rings"/"Dragonball Z" xover, then that's always a good thing.

Hmm... KTS and Dynomutt?

Well, maybe... I suppose that could have potential.... heck, why not Krypto/various old-school Hanna-Barbera/Cartoon Network super-heroes (why limit it to just Blue Falcon and Dynomutt? It might be fun to find a way to work in Atom Ant, Secret Squirrel, Frankenstein Junior, the Impossibles, Hong Kong Phooey [and Spot], Captain Caveman, Monkey [from the "Dial "'M'" for Monkey" segments of "Dexter's Laboratory"], the Powerpuff Girls, Space Ghost [classic version; NOT "Space Ghost: Coast to Coast"], Birdman [classic version; NOT "Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law"] and the Galaxy Trio) Heck, maybe it could involve a spoof of the classic "Crisis on Infinite Earths" storyline.

Mammal_Mage

[17]Sep 13, 2005
    krypto vs. underdog. think about it. neo vs. legend

Comickook

[18]Sep 13, 2005
    Mammal_Mage wrote:
    krypto vs. underdog. think about it. neo vs. legend

Yeah, I can see that, actually. A fight instigated, indirectly, by Simon Bar Sinster (and Cad) and Ignatius (I've already over-used Mechanikat on these). What did you think of my comments about your Krypto/Sly suggestion, by the way, Mammal_Mage (just out of curiosity)?

Mammal_Mage

[19]Sep 14, 2005
    i like them, especial the love triangle.

Comickook

[20]Sep 14, 2005
    Mammal_Mage wrote:
    i like them, especial the love triangle.

Well, PERCIEVED love triangle (Carmelita and Ace would on be seen together on a PROFESSIONAL basis, but Sly doesn't know that). But I gotcha.