Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Krypto Crossovers:

3StarvingArtist

[21]Sep 14, 2005
    • level: 10
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    If we can count comics too, maybe Krypto and the Andorozons (http://andorozon.com/)? It's just way too easy for me to see Mechanikat and the ECS team up. Chekari 2 and Snooky would either hate or be totally cool with one another. =D

Yeah, I could see that too. I hope you didn't take offense to some of my further comments on your Road Rovers and Rescue Ranger crossover ideas. Also, would would mind posting links to those Krypto/Road Rovers crossovers you mentioned you and your friend doing.

Not at all. :-) I was hoping that I wasn't coming off as being annoyed or anything in my posts (I have this tendency to be over opinionated and come off a little harsher then what I really am. ^^; ).

As for the xover, I'm working on the rough draft in my spare time and hoping to have at least some of it typed up this month. Not sure when I can get it posted to the 'Net tho. But I'll let everyone now when I do.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mammal_Mage

[22]Sep 14, 2005
    • level: 24
    how about super robot monkey team hyperforce go? i can just imagen the kevin/chiro, mammoth-mutt/nova, hotdog/sprx-77 rivalries.

Comickook

[23]Sep 14, 2005
    • level: 9
    Mammal_Mage wrote:
    how about Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go"? I can just imagine the Kevin/Chiro, Mammoth-Mutt/Nova, Hotdog/Sprx-77 rivalries.

Yeah, I could imagine that too; much to the dismay of both Brainy Barker and, either Antauri or Gibson (depending on when this crossover is set), and DEFINITELY to Krypto's embarrassment.

dcfan1

[24]Sep 16, 2005
    Maybe a Krypto/Scooby crossover... but for some reason that doesn't work.

Are there any other cartoons that have the main character (other than Scooby) as a dog? (And no... Stitch doesn't count)

Comickook

[25]Sep 16, 2005
    dcfan1 wrote:
    Maybe a Krypto/Scooby crossover... but for some reason that doesn't work.

Are there any other cartoons that have the main character (other than Scooby) as a dog? (And no... Stitch doesn't count)

Well, there's probably a few, but they're mostly obscure by now. "Ruff and Reddy" had ONE of the main characters as a dog. Same with the "Rita and Runt" and "Buttons and Mindy" segments of "Animaniacs". Then there's the "Marmaduke" cartoons (yes, Marmaduke DID have some cartoons as well as comics). Then there's the "Droopy" cartoons and the "Spike and Tyke" cartoons. Then there's a REALLY obscure one; "What A Mess!" (pretty much a canine version of Dennis the Menace) Aside from those, there's Dynomutt (already discussed), Road Rovers (already discussed) and depending on how you score it, Hong Kong Phooey (already at least mentioned).

Still, a Krypto/Scooby crossover sounds like a good one. It would actually be cute to try having Krypto or Streaky scanning the ghost with X-ray vision and determining that it is, in fact, NOT just some cheap crook in a ghost suit (since the X-ray vision would either see right through the disguise or, at least, be blocked by lead shielding in the event that it just a two-bit huckster in a mask).

Mammal_Mage

[26]Sep 26, 2005
    how about...

ty the tasmanian tiger(mostly because he's my faverite extinct animal).

sonic the hedgehog(the sync version, not sonic x)

mighty mouse(would he even be a match for a kryptonian?)

Comickook

[27]Sep 26, 2005
    Mammal_Mage wrote:
    how about...

Haven't even heard of this one, Mammal_Mage, but I have to admit I applaud you're thinking so obscurely)

sonic the hedgehog (the sync version, not sonic x)

Yeah, that one might have some potential at that; especially the interactions between Brainy and Princess Sally or Sonic trying to challenge Krypto to a race.

Given that he has many of the same powers and none of the weaknesses? I'd say yes.... if MM were allowed time to use Kryptonite or lure them into a red sun/heavy gravity environment. Of course, I'd rather see Krypto, Streaky and Mighty Mouse working together from the start than fighting, but this is a good one.

Thanks for sharing these, Mammal_Mage. I hope you didn't mind my little comment on your KtSD/SRMTHFG crossover idea. Actually I think that could be a good one too.... especially the thought of Mechanikat and Skeleton King trying to one-up each other.

Mammal_Mage

[28]Sep 26, 2005
    Comickook wrote:
    Mammal_Mage wrote:
    how about...

Haven't even heard of this one, Mammal_Mage, but I have to admit I applaud you're thinking so obscurely)

Yeah, that one might have some potential at that; especially the interactions between Brainy and Princess Sally or Sonic trying to challenge Krypto to a race.

Given that he has many of the same powers and none of the weaknesses? I'd say yes.... if MM were allowed time to use Kryptonite or lure them into a red sun/heavy gravity environment. Of course, I'd rather see Krypto, Streaky and Mighty Mouse working together from the start than fighting, but this is a good one.

Thanks for sharing these, Mammal_Mage. I hope you didn't mind my little comment on your KtSD/SRMTHFG crossover idea. Actually I think that could be a good one too.... especially the thought of Mechanikat and Skeleton King trying to one-up each other.

1. sorry if you never heared ty

2. princess sally doesn't exist in sync version(she's in the abc version)

3. i actually liked it, though i think skeleton king is more powerful then mechanikat.

Comickook

[29]Sep 26, 2005
    Mammal_Mage wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    Mammal_Mage wrote:
    how about...

1. sorry if you never heared ty

2. princess sally doesn't exist in sync version(she's in the abc version)

Oooops. My bad. Serves me right for not paying attention to that stuff. Sorry.

3. i actually liked it, though i think skeleton king is more powerful then mechanikat.

Excellent point.

Mammal_Mage

[30]Oct 3, 2005
    i got another idea. a usagi yojimbo crossover. i know, i know, that's probaly not a good idea(a kids show meating a violet comic), but i'm runing out of animal-themed shows.

Comickook

[31]Oct 8, 2005
    Mammal_Mage wrote:
    i got another idea. a usagi yojimbo crossover. i know, i know, that's probaly not a good idea(a kids show meating a violet comic), but i'm runing out of animal-themed shows.

Yeah, I can understand that, but for what it's worth, I DO like how you are trying to keep the thread going. Thanks for sharing your ideas, Mammal_Mage.

Mammal_Mage

[32]Oct 10, 2005
    how about one w/ the three supernaturaul fighters.

danny phantom(it would definitly fit my fan character, seera.)

american dragon: jake long

the life and times of junipher lee

Comickook

[33]Oct 13, 2005
    Mammal_Mage wrote:
    how about one w/ the three supernaturaul fighters.

danny phantom(it would definitly fit my fan character, seera.)

american dragon: jake long

the life and times of junipher lee

Yeah, Mammal_Mage. Once again, I have to thank you most assuredly for sharing the thought. Sounds like it could house some definite potential. Heck, maybe we could have a good balance of supernatural and sci-fi adventure by throwing in one of my earlier ideas (Lilo and Stitch) and another one of yours (Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!) The mixture of sci-fi and supernatural would very definitely be a natural given how close it's getting to Halloween.

Comickook

[34]Oct 27, 2005
    And I suppose it wouldn't hurt to expand this out to include comics too. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a "Krypto the Superdog/Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew" crossover. Anybody else have any video game, television or comic book series (not directly pertaining to Superman or Batman) they'd want to tackle.

Mammal_Mage

[35]Oct 27, 2005
    their was a comic where he-man and superman met. so their should a crossover where krypto and streaky are transported to eternia. they could team up w/ cringer/battle cat, stridor(the robotic horse from "origin of the sorceress"), and she-ra's horse(i don't know much about it, but it sounds good), and fight againist panthor, gryphons, shadow beast, and that lizard thing kobra khan has.

Comickook

[36]Oct 27, 2005
    Mammal_Mage wrote:
    There was a comic where He-Man and Superman met. So There should a crossover where Krypto and Streaky are transported to Eternia. They could team up w/ Cringer/Battle Cat, Stridor(the robotic horse from "origin of the sorceress"), and She-Ra's horse(i don't know much about it, but it sounds good), and fight againist Panthor, Gryphons, Shadow Beast, and that lizard thing Cobra Khan has.

I think you mean Swift Wing as She-Ra's horse and yeah. That would be a good one. Thanks for sharing.

Comickook

[37]Nov 20, 2005
    D'oh! Here's one I JUST thought of.... a Krypto the Superdog/Darkwing Duck crossover. Perhaps Krypto and Streaky could be transported there and transformed to full anthro forms (while still retaining their super-powers) by Red Kryptonite and have to contend with not just whatever super-villains happen to be stirring up trouble, but also an almost insanely jealous and territorial Darkwing until the Red Kryptonite wears off.

catfan1

[38]Nov 20, 2005
    • level: 17
    Comickook wrote:
    D'oh! Here's one I JUST thought of.... a Krypto the Superdog/Darkwing Duck crossover. Perhaps Krypto and Streaky could be transported there and transformed to full anthro forms (while still retaining their super-powers) by Red Kryptonite and have to contend with not just whatever super-villains happen to be stirring up trouble, but also an almost insanely jealous and territorial Darkwing until the Red Kryptonite wears off.

Very good idea. I don't know how it could happen but I'd also like to see DW meet Bat Hound. Now THAT would be an interesting rivalry.

Comickook

[39]Nov 20, 2005
    catfan1 wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    D'oh! Here's one I JUST thought of.... a Krypto the Superdog/Darkwing Duck crossover. Perhaps Krypto and Streaky could be transported to that dimension and transformed to full anthro forms (while still retaining their super-powers) by Red Kryptonite and have to contend with not just whatever super-villains happen to be stirring up trouble, but also an almost insanely jealous and territorial Darkwing until the Red Kryptonite wears off.

Very good idea. I don't know how it could happen but I'd also like to see DW meet Bat Hound. Now THAT would be an interesting rivalry.

Okay, yeah, I could see that point, catfan1. Actually, it might not have to be Red Kryptonite. It could be that Mxy pet I think I recall you mentioning in one of the ideas suggested on the original "Episode Ideas" thread (the one where Streaky got that "food touch") who pops up during a case Krypto and Streaky are working on with Ace. That way, all three of them could get transported to DW's universe and transformed into full anthropomorphic forms (though the little pup would still allow Krypto and Streaky to retain their super-powers).

catfan1

[40]Nov 20, 2005
    • level: 17
    Comickook wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    D'oh! Here's one I JUST thought of.... a Krypto the Superdog/Darkwing Duck crossover. Perhaps Krypto and Streaky could be transported to that dimension and transformed to full anthro forms (while still retaining their super-powers) by Red Kryptonite and have to contend with not just whatever super-villains happen to be stirring up trouble, but also an almost insanely jealous and territorial Darkwing until the Red Kryptonite wears off.

Okay, yeah, I could see that point, catfan1. Actually, it might not have to be Red Kryptonite. It could be that Mxy pet I think I recall you mentioning in one of the ideas suggested on the original "Episode Ideas" thread (the one where Streaky got that "food touch") who pops up during a case Krypto and Streaky are working on with Ace. That way, all three of them could get transported to DW's universe and transformed into full anthropomorphic forms (though the little pup would still allow Krypto and Streaky to retain their super-powers).

Yeah, that could work. I'd almost forgotten about that character. He could come in handy for crossover plots like that. :>