Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Krypto DVD

catfan1

[1]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 17

Hey, has anyone picked up the new Krypto: Cosmic Canine DVD yet?

I know it was supposed to come out Tuesday but I still haven't received the one I ordered from amazon.com and it hasn't shown up in the DVD section of  the local Wal-Mart here. Has anyone seen it at a Wal-Mart? I was a little concerned that if  they don't carry it, that's obviously going to hurt sales.  Anyway, if anyone has it, I'd be curious to know what you think of it (picture quality, special features).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ladsone

[2]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 13

I picked up mine from Suncoast on Wednesday (along with my copy of Eight Below).  I had reserved them about two weeks before.

LADSONE

catfan1

[3]Jun 24, 2006
    Ladsone wrote:

I picked up mine from Suncoast on Wednesday (along with my copy of Eight Below).  I had reserved them about two weeks before.

LADSONE

I ordered mine from amazon back in May and they mailed it Monday, wish the mail was faster.  At least I know the DVD is out there.  

passiton

[4]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 24
    I'm still waiting to order mine. I have to go on my mom's decision and her credit card before anything happens. But then again that's why I have Paypal.

passiton

[5]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 24
    Scratch that last post. I just ordered it 15 minutes ago.
    Edited on 06/24/2006 3:50pm

streak5

[6]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 2
    I got mine from Suncoast on Friday and it's great. It would have been better with 6 episodes ( the streaky story) instead of 5 but I finally got to see where those pics from the intro came from so I can't complain.

catfan1

[7]Jun 25, 2006

streak5 wrote:
    I got mine from Suncoast on Friday and it's great. It would have been better with 6 episodes ( the streaky story) instead of 5 but I finally got to see where those pics from the intro came from so I can't complain.

Yeah, I was disappointed when I heard that "The Streaky Story" wasn't included but I'm still looking forward to what is on there and I guess I can wait for the next volume for Streaky's origin tale. Hoping my copy will be in the mail tomorrow.

catfan1

[8]Jun 26, 2006

Yes! I finally received my copy today.  It would have been nice to have more shows released on DVD, but getting the first five 11-minute episodes (including parts one and two of Krypto's Scrypto) plus a couple of brief unseen promos isn't a bad deal for about $11.

The "Intro to Krypto" feature included animation of the Dog Stars I hadn't seen before (some of it is used in the show opening) and it's great to see the shows without the CN bug in the corner of the screen. This is well worth having for any Krypto fan.

dcfan1

[9]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 9
    I'm planning on ordering on Netflix.

Ladsone

[10]Jul 9, 2006

Greetings all.  I'm just settling in to watch the World Cup final.  I have received word on the release date for the second Krypto DVD will be October 24th (this is according to TVshowsonDVD.com).  The suggested list price will be $14.95.

LADSONE

catfan1

[11]Jul 9, 2006
    Ladsone wrote:

Greetings all.  I'm just settling in to watch the World Cup final.  I have received word on the release date for the second Krypto DVD will be October 24th (this is according to TVshowsonDVD.com).  The suggested list price will be $14.95.

LADSONE

Great news! Wish they'd put more episodes on each disk, but still volume 2 (and hopefully volume 3) should have some of my favorite early episodes.

Ladsone

[12]Jul 12, 2006

Hello my friends.  More good news on the release of the second Krypto DVD (Superheroes Unleashed).  This news is thanks to the Superman Homepage (www.supermanhomepage.com) and they are listing the next 5 episodes

1) The Streaky Story

2)  Diaper Madness

3)  Feline Fatale

4)  Dog Gone Kevin

5)  The Dark Hound Strikes

The artwork is also available and looks terrific.  Be sure to check it out! 

LADSONE

Edited on 07/12/2006 8:17pm
    Edited 3 total times.