Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Krypto on verge of cancellation?

catfan1

[21]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 17

I'm working on a letter and I'm encouraging friends who even casually like the show to do the same.  This issue has affected CN and Boomerang programming in other ways. Anyone noticed they don't show the Looney Tunes cartoons (the ones Turner doesn't own outright) on Boomerang anymore? According to a  reliable source, it's because they couldn't come to a licensing agreement with Warner.

Here's another take on the situation at the Superman Homepage. I thank Kryptofreak for highlighting it in his blog and I wanted to make sure everyone here saw it.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=2254

Edited on 06/21/2006 8:06pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kryptofreak120

[22]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 26
    I've created another blog detailing what I believe is happening (using reliable sources and facts). I'm not sure how right on this I am (I'm pretty sure I'm wrong on something), but I've got the general idea of the situation. Read and comment if you want. Yep, it's gonna be dark days for a while

3StarvingArtist

[23]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 10

I'll discuss this issue on LJ and see if I can't muster any support.

Ladsone

[24]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 13

I just received this e-mail from our friend Mark Garabedian, who I've been in contact with since the news.  Here is his reply:

Hey Carl,

Thank you so much for your kind letter.  It means the world to me, and I'm sure everyone else involved with the show that there are so many dedicated fans out there!  Hopefully your petition and public outcry won't go unnoticed by the folks at Cartoon Network. 

The future of the show has been rather ambiguous for a month or two now.  It's received great reviews and we have quite a bit thought invested in a new season.  Unfortunately, this is a fickle business and it all comes down to the almighty dollar. 

Here's hoping for a third season!  We'll see how well the DVD sells. 

Best,
    Mark

If you haven't done so, please send your letter to Cartoon Network asking them to keep Krypto on the air.

LADSONE

Comickook

[25]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 9
    Hey, Thanks again for sharing this letter with us, Ladsone. I, for one, greatly appreciate it.

streak5

[26]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 2
    Hi, I finally decided to become a member on this board after hearing about Krypto's possible cancellation. I have already send a letter to CN hoping they give it a 3rd season so they don't end it like JLU. 

catfan1

[27]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 17

Good to see that people are sending those letters. I finally sent mine today so let's hope Cartoon Network hears us and gives K-Dog a third season.

And it's good (and encouraging) to hear from Mark Garabedian. Thanks for sharing that message, Ladsone.

3StarvingArtist

[28]Jun 24, 2006

Hey, thanks for sharing Mark's leter, Ladsone. And welcome, Streak5.

OneRadicalDude

[29]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 27
    After what happened with JLU and Teen Titans, this article explains everything about why the other two shows didn't last long. I'm not surprised to hear about this. This hasn't been a good year for CN, and the move to show programming that doesn't belong to the network only makes things worse. Good luck with trying to keep Krypto going.

SailorCallie

[30]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 11

I hope not. What Cartoon Network should do is that they should air Krypto the Superdog 5 days a week instead of Tuesdays and Thursdays and then about twice a day on the weekends.

It isn't fair what CN's doing to this show, and it's by far, among the best of the Superman based shows that I've seen in years from Lois & Clark to The WB's animated Adventures of Superman to Justice League, and that also includes the short-lived 1988 Saturday morning series that once aired on CBS as well as the syndicated series, Superboy.

I may be 28 years old, and Krypto's aimed at young kids, but I happen to be a kid at heart, and I would hate it if CN cancels Krypto. I want to see more adventures featuring Krypto, Streaky, Ace the Bat-Hound and even the Dog Star Patrol and if CN says otherwise, then it's their funeral.

swtt

[31]Jun 25, 2006
    • level: 18
    They are getting rid of the DC shows.

dannytoska

[32]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 3

I too am upset for the verge of cancellation.  Even though I am 17 I love the show and it should be kept on air.

I just sent out my krypto letter yesterday.  Thanks for the news everyone and good luck saving krypto.

KRYPTO LIVE ON!

dcfan1

[33]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 9
    I just got back from 1 week without Internet and now I hear Krypto might be cancelled. It just started last year, though. I'll be unpacking my printer and sending them a letter.

3StarvingArtist

[34]Jun 26, 2006

This influx of new blood is great. Thanks for the support guys.

dannytoska

[35]Jul 6, 2006
    • level: 3

I have waited about two weeks and no response from cartoon network.  If anyone has any more information on krypto, please list it.  Thank you KRYPTO LIVE ON!