Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Present Day Fan Characters

Comickook

[41]Dec 8, 2005
    • level: 9
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Well, the char's an Irish setter mix from the Emerald Isles named (wait for it) Banshee, who has sonic powers. But of course, Marvel *also* has an Irish char codenamed Banshee with sonic powers. o.o I just really like the name and wanted an Irish char. However, I thought about just giving him more ghost-like abilities (like a banshee [with reasonable weaknesses, natch]) to keep people from shouting "Rip-off!"

Yeah. I can understand that. Perhaps this Irish setter could have the ability to turn either invisible or intangible (but not both at the same time) for up to one minute every half-hour as well as a limited measure of flying ability (without HAVING TO wail all the way like the Marvel Comics' Banshee [though he still can't fly as fast as Krypto or Streaky]) and the ability to cause any one or two people at a time to experience hypnosis-style illusions reflecting magnified versions of their worst fears (though this power requires eye contact to work [i.e. the intended target{s} have to be looking directly into at least one of his eyes {meaning he can use the power while intangible, but he CAN'T use it while INVISIBLE}], doesn't work on anybody wearing sunglasses and can be turned against him via means of a carefully placed mirror). And perhaps he could also have a limited measure of super-strength in solid form (but, again, definitely not anywhere near Krypto's level).

So, 3StarvingArtist, does that help at all?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mammal_Mage

[42]Dec 8, 2005
    • level: 24
    there's a silver banshee in justice league.

and giving him ghost powers and sonic powers makes it sound like danny phantom(not that i don't like your idea).

3StarvingArtist

[43]Dec 8, 2005
    • level: 10
    Comickook: *thumbs up* That idea totally works. Thank you. :-) I think I'm getting some good ideas for his history now too...

MammalMage: You're right about Silver Banshee. I just found out about her myself. My Banshee's actually a good guy tho. :-) And correct on the Danny Phantom thing too -- I was thinking earlier and went, "... Wait. He sounds kinda like a dog-version of Danny Phantom." o.o But I'll be sure to make Banshee unique enough to stand on his own. And of course, I'll post the finished product once I'm done brainstorming. ^_^

Comickook

[44]Dec 8, 2005
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Comickook: *thumbs up* That idea totally works. Thank you. :-) I think I'm getting some good ideas for his history now too...

MammalMage: You're right about Silver Banshee. I just found out about her myself. My Banshee's actually a good guy tho. :-) And correct on the Danny Phantom thing too -- I was thinking earlier and went, "... Wait. He sounds kinda like a dog-version of Danny Phantom." o.o But I'll be sure to make Banshee unique enough to stand on his own. And of course, I'll post the finished product once I'm done brainstorming. ^_^

Thanks very kindly; both for the thanks AND for the assurance.

3StarvingArtist

[45]Dec 14, 2005
    I might update this bio some more, but I figure that this was enough to share. Again, a big thanks to ComicKook for his aid.

Name: Banshee.

Species/Breed: Irish setter mix (with some English setter in him).

Abilities/Equipment: As the latest Guardian, Banshee’s enchanted collar endows him with several powers (a few of which he has yet to discover). He can make himself intangible or invisible, but not both at the same time and only for one minute every half hour. He possesses a limited amount of heightened strength even while untransformed (though he’s relatively weak when compared to Krypto). Can fly, but not as fast as Streaky or Krypto can. He also has a form of psionics that enable him to cause up to two targets to experience hypnosis-style illusions that can reflect magnified versions of the persons’ own fears. However, this power requires him to make direct eye contact (the victims must be looking into at least one of his eyes) and doesn’t work on someone wearing sunglasses. His mesmerism power can also be turned against him by means of carefully placed mirror (as he learned the hard way one time). Banshee can use his mesmerism power while intangible, but not while he’s invisible. Fairly knowledgeable concerning folklore and mythology (especially Celtic lore).

Background: Banshee (not to be confused with the villain Silver Banshee) was living on the streets of Dublin, Ireland when he was chosen by the mighty Three-in-One to serve as the new Guardian to the four treasures of Ireland: the Spear of Destiny, the Stone of Fal, the Sword of Nuada, and the Dagda’s cauldron. A Guardian’s main job is to protect the treasures from the forces of evil who wish to use them for ill. Since he lacked inherent powers, the three deities gifted the mutt with an enchanted collar that grants him arcane abilities.
    Banshee is now the pet of a museum curator, which actually allows him closer proximity to some of the treasures (namely the Spear). He’ll also handle smaller non-supernatural crimes around Ireland. Banshee’s bitterest foe is known as the Black Dog, a huge goblin dog who wishes to steal the treasures for his masters’ own gain and who was responsible for the previous Guardian’s demise. Banshee first encountered Krypto and Streaky when the three teamed up to battle the Black Dog and Solstice (Silver Banshee’s wolf; more on her later).

Personality: Banshee can be *very* energetic and talkative (he is mostly Irish setter after all), and becomes bored if there’s nothing for him to do – which can sometimes lead to him getting into trouble, because he’ll go off looking for ways to amuse himself. In times of crisis, he can calm down sufficiently enough to think clearly. His inquisitiveness can be helpful in completing the mission of the day. He can be slightly caustic at times, but this is tempered by a brave and good-hearted soul. He was pretty stoked to learn that there were other animal heroes out there, and doesn’t mind giving them a helping paw whenever able to.

General physical description: A male Irish setter mix with largely mahogany-red fur, save for a small silvery-white marking in the shape of a shamrock on his chest, silvery white streaks in his ears and tail, and a silvery-white streak on the top of his head. Blue green eyes.
    His appearance doesn’t change much in Guardian form, except that he appears to have a faint white glow around his body. He wears what appears to be a regular green collar, but while he’s out super-heroing the collar becomes gold with an emerald gem mounted in the center.

Ideal Voice: A VA who can sound fairly young and can pull off a convincing Irish accent.

Comickook

[46]Dec 14, 2005
    Thanks very much for getting this up, 3StarvingArtist. Good stuff to be sure. I especially liked the part about alluding to a Silver Banshee pet (that would definitely make a fine addition to the H&V:TP thread). Man, between that, the Mister Miracle pet and the Doctor Fate pet, you're going to be busy for a while. Not that it would be a bad thing; I certainly get a kick out of seeing your ideas get formed.

3StarvingArtist

[47]Dec 16, 2005
    Anytime, and thanks for the compliments. :-) As for Solstice, I figured that Krypto and Streaky could use another villain.

Comickook

[48]Dec 16, 2005
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Anytime, and thanks for the compliments. :-) As for Solstice, I figured that Krypto and Streaky could use another villain.

Yeah. I quite agree with that statement.

catfan1

[49]Dec 23, 2005
    • level: 17
    Alf A. Cat

Alf A. Cat is a pet of Metropolis industrialist A.F. Wallett, who is one of the city's wealthiest citizens. Wallett is one of the city's most prominent residents although his fortune is still believed to be much less than that of Lex Luthor.

Alf A. Cat (His best friends get to call him 'A.C.') was born an alley cat and grew up on the streets of Metropolis. With his natural leadership skills (and also his ability as something of a con artist) A.C. quickly rose to become leader of a gang of cats who hung out in Logan's Alley. The city's police dogs kept a close watch on A.C. but were never able to prove he was doing anything illegal (for a cat anyway). A.C. also successfully kept the city's dog gangs at bay, including the Downtown Dogs, who were among his worst enemies.

The members of A.C.'s gang are: Einstein, a dull-looking dopey cat; Chance, an excitable, pink cat; Bric Brac, a striped cat who chatters incessantly; Dapper, an erudite smooth talker who is surprisingly well-mannered for an alley cat and Shawn the Shark, a friendly, pudgy little guy.

Despite his knack for fast talk and planning, the results of A.C.'s get rich quick schemes were mixed at best, and he and his gang continued to live in Logan's Alley in downtown Metropolis.

Their fortunes changed when they saved the life of Streaky, then a young kitten, a long time before he became Supercat. Mounting a rescue operation to save Streaky from thugs who appeared to be associated with Luthor, their effort also led Superman to the location where Wallett was being held against his will by the thugs in an apparent effort to intimidate him from competing with Luthor. A grateful Wallett adopted the cats and moved them to his country home and farm outside Metropolis.

However, Wallett expected the cats to rise early and work, just like everyone else in his household. At first the new routine upset A.C. but he gradually learned to use his new new surroundings to his own advantage and enjoyed using Wallett's computer to work on business proposals and put together deals, which caused the company to perform even better. None of the humans realized that A.C. was the real brain behind the company's sudden growth. (Fortunately the gang members, who wanted to keep their new comfortable surroundings, and later Krypto and Streaky, were around to warn A.C. against trying anything illegal that could cause trouble for his master.)

However, the rapid emergence of Wallett Enterprises greatly upset Lex Luthor who came to see the company as a threat to his own fortunes. Streaky, and occasionally Krypto, had to come to A.C.'s aid several times. A.C. has returned the favor by aiding the two heroes with his street smarts on a few cases.

Personality: A.C. is a natural born leader with the gift of gab and seems to be a reformed con artist, although he still can't resist putting one over on his enemies when the occasion calls for it. But he is also extremely loyal to his friends, including his gang members and Streaky. (Of course, he is much like Top Cat, the Hanna-Barbera character that inspired him.)

Appearance: A.C. is a yellow cat who often wears a top hat and dark blue vest.

Comickook

[50]Dec 31, 2005
    I should have some ideas for characters soon enough, but I am haveing a hard time thinking of the needed details right now.

3StarvingArtist

[51]Jan 1, 2006
    Comickook wrote:
    I should have some ideas for characters soon enough, but I am haveing a hard time thinking of the needed details right now.

If you want some help, I don't mind lending a hand. :-)

Comickook

[52]Jan 1, 2006
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    I should have some ideas for characters soon enough, but I am having a hard time thinking of the needed details right now.

Thanks, 3StarvingArtist. Greatly appreciated. I'll let you know when an idea is formed enough to give you something TO help me on.

3StarvingArtist

[53]Jan 1, 2006
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    I should have some ideas for characters soon enough, but I am having a hard time thinking of the needed details right now.

Thanks, 3StarvingArtist. Greatly appreciated. I'll let you know when an idea is formed enough to give you something TO help me on.

Sure, no problem. :-)

catfan1

[54]Jan 1, 2006
    • level: 17
    Here is the profile for Atomic Tom, a member of the League of Super cats. Thanks to Comickook for helping with the story and some details.

Atomic Tom (aka Tomak Caabaur)

Species: Gray-striped alien tomcat

Powers: Can project extreme heat radiation through his eyes and, after extensive training, very accurately hit targets.

Group affiliation: The League of Super Cats

Personality: Unlike his closest Dog Star counterpart Hot Dog, Tom tends to keep a cool head about him, even during stressful situations. Tom is an above-average strategist and and is usually quite serious. The murder of his parents has given him a strong sense of mission but he has learned to sit back and enjoy himself off-duty, thanks to the camaraderie with his teammates and his friendship with Streaky the Supercat. While much more reserved than Streaky, Tom has a sly sense of humor and is known to make the occasional wisecrack. He is very courageous and extremely loyal to his teammates. Tom's major character flaw is a tendency to overconfidence that can get him into trouble.

Tomak Caabaur grew up the son of law enforcement agents on his home planet of Gardaltan. Before he was born, his mother and father had worked to bring space criminals to justice, on several occasions with the League of Super Cats, but both had taken on less dangerous assignments by the time their son was born. They soon noticed young Tomak's mutant powers, a side effect of an experiment his mother was exposed to while briefly a captive of the Cat Crime Cartel. His parents imbued Tom with a strong sense of duty and honor and were very supportive. His childhood was a happy one, but as he neared adulthood an anti-mutant movement forced the family to leave their planet for Tom's safety. Tragedy struck when space cat pirates attacked their vessel shortly after leaving Gardaltan. Rescued by the Dog Stars, Tom was the only survivor of the attack. Noting his heat vision powers, Hot Dog jokingly gave Tom his hero name of "Atomic Tom," which stuck after he became a full member of the League Super Cats.
    On his first meeting with the LoSC, Tom, aided by Streaky and Power Puss, helped destroy the ship and weaponry that had been responsible for the raid that killed his parents. He then agreed to train with the LoSC and in short order became a full member.
    He has proved himself a valued member time and again, saving the lives of his teammates on several of their adventures with ingenious uses of his heat vision powers.
    Tom is dating his teammate, Power Puss, although his relationship with the somewhat difficult super feline got off to a rocky start. Tom, noting her sense of honor, made something of a deal with her: each time Tom saves her life without her saving his in return, equals one date after the mission is accomplished. By the third date, she had developed enough of a grudging fondness for him to occasionally go out with him even without the deal.
    Tom's major goal is to someday find and bring to justice Manxmilion, the Cat Crime Cartel leader responsible for the death of his parents.
    Tom has also had a few solo adventures and teamed up with Krypto and Streaky on a few cases.

In a Silver Age DC Comics Krypto story (Superboy #131, July 1966) a character named 'Atomic Tom' appears as a member of the Space Cat Patrol Agency.

Comickook

[55]Jan 2, 2006
    Thanks for getting this profile up, catfan1. It may have taken a while, but it was definitely worth the wait.

3StarvingArtist

[56]Jan 2, 2006
    Nice profile, Catfan. I hope to see more on Atomic Tom (as well as the rest of the super cats).

Name: Known only as the Black Dog to his enemies.

Species: Goblin dog (actually a type of hellhound).

Abilities/Equipment: Being a supernatural creature, the Black Dog is semi-immortal (he conceivably can be killed, but not by conventional means) and immune to intense heat and flames (though he does have a weakness against magic attacks and iron). His physical strength, speed, and durability are twenty times that of a regular dog. He can also willingly transform into a larger, more powerful monstrous form, in which he can breathe hellfire.

Background: The Black Dog’s master is the leader of a clandestine cabal of dark elves after the Four Treasures of Ireland. He is still actually fairly young by hellhound standards, but proved his worth when he managed to kill the old Guardian. At first he considered the latest Guardian, Banshee, to be nothing more then a thorn in his side, but was proved wrong when he (along with then-partner in crime Solstice) were defeated by the combined might of Krypto, Streaky, and Banshee when the villainous pair were attempting to steal some valuable artifacts currently in town as part of a special museum presentation. After that incident, the Black Dog retreated back to his master, swearing revenge on the three super animals.

Personality: Vicious and a strong believer in “survival of the fittest” and all that jazz, but completely loyal to his master as well as the rest of the dark elf clan. The Black Dog’s biggest flaws are his hot-temper (literally) and preference for using brawn instead of brains in battle, but he has his moments of ferocious cunning too. He not only bears a grudge against Banshee, but Krypto and Streaky as well.

Description: Massive coal-black dog that looks something like a cross between a mastiff and a hound (heh, is any wonder how he got his name?). Has burning scarlet eyes. Transformed, he is as large as a horse, much more muscular then normal, and has sharp curved horns (they’re not as long as Bull Dog’s though).

Voice: (optional) No ideas yet.

Comickook

[57]Jan 2, 2006
    Whoa. Great job on this, 3StarvingArtist. Thanks for sharing the Black Dog profile.

3StarvingArtist

[58]Jan 2, 2006
    Thanks. Next up is... well, whoever's bio I get thru with next (tho I recently had an idea for the "Future Animals" thread for two animal-lized versions of Superfriends' Wonder twins).

Comickook

[59]Jan 2, 2006
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Thanks. Next up is... well, whoever's bio I get thru with next (tho I recently had an idea for the "Future Animals" thread for two animal-lized versions of Superfriends' Wonder twins).

I don't mind that at all. In fact, I think it's an interesting idea. And speaking of the SuperFriends; it seems like we've already got fan pets for Riddler, Bizarro, Captain Cold, Cheetah, Grodd, Sinestro, Brainiac, Giganta, Solomon Grundy, Scarecrow and Toyman (as well as at least TWO smarter and nastier alternate versions of Ignatius). All we need now is a pet for Black Manta and we'd have pets for each member of the "SuperFriends" era Legion of Doom.

3StarvingArtist

[60]Jan 2, 2006
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

I don't mind that at all. In fact, I think it's an interesting idea. And speaking of the SuperFriends; it seems like we've already got fan pets for Riddler, Bizarro, Captain Cold, Cheetah, Grodd, Sinestro, Brainiac, Giganta, Solomon Grundy, Scarecrow and Toyman (as well as at least TWO smarter and nastier alternate versions of Ignatius). All we need now is a pet for Black Manta and we'd have pets for each member of the "SuperFriends" era Legion of Doom.

In the furry Wonder Twins' cases, I'm trying to decide between alien versions of a mythical animal or more mundane creatures (alien lemurs popped into my mind).

On the Legion of Doom: Hey, you're right (heh, now I'm getting flashbacks )! Hmm, Black Manta, you say? *ponders* Also, maybe the villains' pets could get together and form their own version of the Legion of Doom... Scary (I think I've finally inspired myself for a KTS fan-script idea). o.o