Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Present Day Fan Characters

Comickook

[61]Jan 3, 2006
    • level: 9
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Thanks. Next up is... well, whoever's bio I get thru with next (tho I recently had an idea for the "Future Animals" thread for two animal-lized versions of Superfriends' Wonder twins).

I don't mind that at all. In fact, I think it's an interesting idea. And speaking of the SuperFriends; it seems like we've already got fan pets for Riddler, Bizarro, Captain Cold, Cheetah, Grodd, Sinestro, Brainiac, Giganta, Solomon Grundy, Scarecrow and Toyman (as well as at least TWO smarter and nastier alternate versions of Ignatius). All we need now is a pet for Black Manta and we'd have pets for each member of the "SuperFriends" era Legion of Doom.

In the furry Wonder Twins' cases, I'm trying to decide between alien versions of a mythical animal or more mundane creatures (alien lemurs popped into my mind).

On the Legion of Doom: Hey, you're right (heh, now I'm getting flashbacks )! Hmm, Black Manta, you say? *ponders* Also, maybe the villains' pets could get together and form their own version of the Legion of Doom... Scary (I think I've finally inspired myself for a KTS fan-script idea). o.o

Yeah. That could be interesting all right. I mean, Ladsone already did something like that (on a smaller scale) with "the Ultimate Battle", but that was just the pets of the Batman villains with Lex and Iggy organizing the whole thing from behind the scenes. THIS would be expanded to involve targetting the entire JLAnimals and, also, thus involve a lot more super-villain animals. Yeah, I COULD see all the villain pets coming together in an effort to pool their talents and resources against their mutual enemies. That would be one heck of a fight for the JLAnimals.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

3StarvingArtist

[62]Jan 3, 2006
    • level: 10
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

On the Legion of Doom: Hey, you're right (heh, now I'm getting flashbacks )! Hmm, Black Manta, you say? *ponders* Also, maybe the villains' pets could get together and form their own version of the Legion of Doom... Scary (I think I've finally inspired myself for a KTS fan-script idea). o.o

Yeah. That could be interesting all right. I mean, Ladsone already did something like that (on a smaller scale) with "the Ultimate Battle", but that was just the pets of the Batman villains with Lex and Iggy organizing the whole thing from behind the scenes. THIS would be expanded to involve targetting the entire JLAnimals and, also, thus involve a lot more super-villain animals. Yeah, I COULD see all the villain pets coming together in an effort to pool their talents and resources against their mutual enemies. That would be one heck of a fight for the JLAnimals.

Agreed. All I need now is a plot (I think I'm getting ne or two ideas alerady). It'll prolly be fairly long tho (since it's gonna involve a lot of chars), but I'm looking forward to writing it. And yes, it'd definately be one heck of a slobberknocker, that's for certain (fight scenes are always cool).

Comickook

[63]Jan 3, 2006
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

Agreed. All I need now is a plot (I think I'm getting one or two ideas alerady). It'll probably be fairly long though (since it's gonna involve a lot of chars), but I'm looking forward to writing it. And yes, it'd definately be one heck of a slobberknocker, that's for certain (fight scenes are always cool).

Definitely agreed on that front. I just LOVE the types of battles where the villains push all the involved heroes to their physical, mental and emotional limits... and maybe even slightly PAST them... before the good guys finally manage to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Those are ALWAYS great to see.

Ladsone

[64]Jan 3, 2006
    • level: 13
    If you need any help with this idea, count me in. I will be more than happy to help.

LADSONE

3StarvingArtist

[65]Jan 3, 2006
    Ladsone wrote:
    If you need any help with this idea, count me in. I will be more than happy to help.

LADSONE

The more the merrier. Feel free to IM me; I'm going to try to do a little brainstorming tonight and see if I can't come up with a few plot ideas.

3StarvingArtist

[66]Jan 3, 2006
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

Agreed. All I need now is a plot (I think I'm getting one or two ideas alerady). It'll probably be fairly long though (since it's gonna involve a lot of chars), but I'm looking forward to writing it. And yes, it'd definately be one heck of a slobberknocker, that's for certain (fight scenes are always cool).

Definitely agreed on that front. I just LOVE the types of battles where the villains push all the involved heroes to their physical, mental and emotional limits... and maybe even slightly PAST them... before the good guys finally manage to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Those are ALWAYS great to see.

Great battles/situations like that have a special place in my heart. Makes me root for the heroes all the more.

catfan1

[67]Jan 3, 2006
    • level: 17
    This sounds terrific. You guys have all been coming up with great characters and stories so I'll look forward to seeing what you do with this idea.

Comickook

[68]Jan 4, 2006
    catfan1 wrote:
    This sounds terrific. You guys have all been coming up with great characters and stories so I'll look forward to seeing what you do with this idea.

Thanks, catfan1. You're welcome to contribute on this too, actually. The more the merrier, in fact.

3StarvingArtist

[69]Jan 4, 2006
    Comickook wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:

Thanks, catfan1. You're welcome to contribute on this too, actually. The more the merrier, in fact.

Definately. :-)

Comickook

[70]Jan 4, 2006
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:

Definitely. :-)

Glad you think so too, 3StarvingArtist.

catfan1

[71]Jan 6, 2006
    • level: 17
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:

Great. I'd certainly be interested in taking part as well if you guys want any help.

Comickook

[72]Jan 6, 2006
    catfan1 wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:

Great. I'd certainly be interested in taking part as well if you guys want any help.

Very much appreciated, catfan1. Now here's another new character:

Name: Professor Lazarus Damien Dracona.

Species: Human (male)

Abilities/Equipment: Professor Dracona is a brilliant, if rather twisted, alchemist who, in addition to his extensive knowledge of paranormal sciences and his considerable stockpile of potions and machines, also has a few super-powers of his own due to self-experimentation. For one thing, he ages at one-thirtieth the rate of a normal human (or only one year for every three decades). For another thing, his strength, speed, agility, endurance and senses have been heightened to thirty times peak human. Next, he can breathe powerful mystic flames for up to 30 seconds at a time (though he can only use the flame breath power once every fifteen minutes). In addition to that, he can shoot powerful bolts of magic lightning out of his hands (though only one blast per hand every three minutes). Finally, he is capable of communicating telepathically with animals within a range of 50 yards (well, enough to actually understand what they are "saying", not enough to actually control them [as he found out the hard way when he created Chaney and Junior])

Background: Lazarus Damien Dracona actually had a more or less pretty happy childhood, right up until he lost both of his parents at an early age due to extremely tragic circumstances. Dracona has, since then, devoted his life to an obsessive study of both science and magic in an effort to discover a means to conquer death itself. Over the course of his pursuits, Professor Dracona became a truly brilliant alchemist, but the nature of his research was extremely expensive and he depleted his funds before he could truly find a means to conquer death in humans (the most he could manage in that department was slowing down his own aging process and embuing himself with a noted measure of superhuman ability).

He WAS, however, able to stitch together body parts from several Mainecoon cats and use a combination of bizarre potions and electricity to restore life to the feline cadaver and transform another cat into a being possessing all the powers of a classic vampire. Unfortunately, given that most of the scientific community thought him "a total crackpot", nobody would take him seriously enough to give him research grants, which meant he had to steal the money he needed to continue funding his research. Unfortunately for Professor Dracona, he was undone when Krypto, Streaky and Ace, tipped off by the werewolf cat that was called Lon (who happened by Dracona's lab when he was talking about his scheme to the vampire cat and reanimated cadaver cat would come to be known as Chaney and Junior), found out about his planned crime spree and put a stop to his scheme before it could even begin. Because the only thing he was truly guilty of was illegal experimentation (remember, he was stopped before he could attempt even a single robbery), Professor Dracona only got a ten-year-maximum sentence... which he is certainly capable of calmly serving.

Personality: Highly intelligent, but at the same time, insanely obsessed with finding a way to conquer death itself and is willing to commit literally any crime short of murder, kidnapping or selling drugs in order to continue his research (though, ironically, it fails to occur to him that, with his abilities, he could probably actually get the money he needs legally over in Hollywood). Aside from his obsession with conquering death driving him to criminal endeavors, however, Professor Dracona IS actually a fairly nice guy as villains go.

Descripition: Formerly: Six feet tall; 200 pounds; Athletic, muscular build, but not excessively so; Medium brown hair; Clean-shaven; Light blue-green eyes; Caucasian; Usually wears Light blue suits and black shoes.

Now: Eyes, hair color and suit preferences still remain, but now, due to his self experimentation, he is six inches taller, has put on 100 pounds of solid muscle and his skin color is dark red.

3StarvingArtist

[73]Jan 6, 2006
    So we finally meet Chaney and Junior's creator. He's scary. I like him lots.

One minor niggling tho -- in his normal description, he's 6'0'', has a lean build, but weighs 200 lbs? Most 6'0'' guys weigh 170 or so (btw, just in case you were interested in checking out a height/weight chart --http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm)
    Other then that, as was said, he's good (heh, bad) to go.

Comickook

[74]Jan 6, 2006
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

One minor niggling tho -- in his normal description, he's 6'0'', has a lean build, but weighs 200 lbs? Most 6'0'' guys weigh 170 or so (btw, just in case you were interested in checking out a height/weight chart --http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm)

Good point. That's why I altered it to a "athletic, muscular build, but not excessively so". You know, kind of like how Batman is 6'2", 210 pounds, muscular, but not muscleBOUND.

Ladsone

[75]Jan 7, 2006
    You know Comickook, this one has me thinking (and it's too early in the morning for that). I could see a possible episode of Professor Lazarus receiving a million dollar grant for his experiments from "an anonymous benefactor" (any ideas who?) to create a new breed of "Superdog". Let me have my morning coffee and breakfast and I'll start putting something together. I might even consult with my junior partner and the two of us just might be able to pull this one off.

LADSONE (AND CASEY TOO!)

Comickook

[76]Jan 7, 2006
    Ladsone wrote:
    You know Comickook, this one has me thinking (and it's too early in the morning for that). I could see a possible episode of Professor Lazarus Damien Dracona receiving a million dollar grant for his experiments from "an anonymous benefactor" (any ideas who?) to create a new breed of "Superdog". Let me have my morning coffee and breakfast and I'll start putting something together. I might even consult with my junior partner and the two of us just might be able to pull this one off.

LADSONE (AND CASEY TOO!)

Actually, Ladsone, this sounds like a terrific line of thought from both you AND Casey.

3StarvingArtist

[77]Jan 7, 2006
    Comickook wrote:
    Ladsone wrote:
    You know Comickook, this one has me thinking (and it's too early in the morning for that). I could see a possible episode of Professor Lazarus Damien Dracona receiving a million dollar grant for his experiments from "an anonymous benefactor" (any ideas who?) to create a new breed of "Superdog". Let me have my morning coffee and breakfast and I'll start putting something together. I might even consult with my junior partner and the two of us just might be able to pull this one off.

LADSONE (AND CASEY TOO!)

Actually, Ladsone, this sounds like a terrific line of thought from both you AND Casey.

I agree. Write that bad boy up! :-D As for that "mysterious benefactor" of Prof. D's, maybe Lex Luthor?

3StarvingArtist

[78]Jan 7, 2006
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

Good point. That's why I altered it to a "athletic, muscular build, but not excessively so". You know, kind of like how Batman is 6'2", 210 pounds, muscular, but not muscleBOUND.

*nods* Yeah, that makes more sense. I like how Dracona breaks the stereotype of evil scientists. You don't see too many atheletic ones out there.

Ladsone

[79]Jan 7, 2006
    I'll admit, Lex was not my first choice. I was thinking more of the Baron for this one, but Lex would indeed be a strong choice.

LADSONE

Comickook

[80]Jan 7, 2006
    Ladsone wrote:
    I'll admit, Lex was not my first choice. I was thinking more of the Baron for this one, but Lex would indeed be a strong choice.

LADSONE

Yeah, the Baron would be a good choice too. Actually, both are equally good so I say go with whichever one you prefer to use, Ladsone. I'm sure it will be good either way.