Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Present Day Fan Characters

3StarvingArtist

[81]Jan 7, 2006
    • level: 10
    Comickook wrote:
    Ladsone wrote:
    I'll admit, Lex was not my first choice. I was thinking more of the Baron for this one, but Lex would indeed be a strong choice.

LADSONE

Yeah, the Baron would be a good choice too. Actually, both are equally good so I say go with whichever one you prefer to use, Ladsone. I'm sure it will be good either way.

Agreed. :-) I could see the Baron wanting some sort of V.2.0 of his super-dobes or something.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ladsone

[82]Jan 8, 2006
    • level: 13
    Actually my thought on this was that the Baron was shall we say "none too happy" with his super dobes being defeated twice by the JLA. He's decided that somehow his pets have to be put on an equal footing with the JLA. I'm also looking at a possible partnership with Luthor on this one (though the Baron has both the resources and the finances to handle this on his own, he knows how much Luthor despises the super pets as well as he does). I'll be talking to Casey this evening and we will try to get something going on this. Wish us luck!

LADSONE

Comickook

[83]Jan 8, 2006
    • level: 9
    Ladsone wrote:
    Actually my thought on this was that the Baron was shall we say "none too happy" with his super dobes being defeated twice by the JLA. He's decided that somehow his pets have to be put on an equal footing with the JLA. I'm also looking at a possible partnership with Luthor on this one (though the Baron has both the resources and the finances to handle this on his own, he knows how much Luthor despises the super pets as well as he does). I'll be talking to Casey this evening and we will try to get something going on this. Wish us luck!

LADSONE

Good luck, Ladsone. :-)

catfan1

[84]Jan 8, 2006
    • level: 17
    Good luck from me too. This sounds like a really good story idea!

Comickook

[85]Jan 8, 2006
    catfan1 wrote:
    Good luck from me too. This sounds like a really good story idea!

That it definitely does. :-)

catfan1

[86]Jan 16, 2006
    Here's another villain. Thanks to Comickook for his help with this character.

Visch Uss

Species: Kryptonian dog currently residing in the Phantom Zone (similar to earth rottweiler, exact breed unknown)

Appearance: A large, muscular black and brown canine with features similar to a rottweiler.

Personality: Ill-natured, brutish and vindictive. He is not terribly intelligent but he makes up for it by displaying persistence and ruthless animal cunning in battle. He hates cats and especially despises Streaky, a grudge dating back to when he was first released from the Phantom Zone and encountered the supercat in Metropolis. Although extremely powerful and dangerous, his rage can cause him to lose focus and he can be outwitted by a sufficiently tricky opponent, traits the hero animals have learned to use to their advantage.

Abilities: Same as Krypto, Kryptonian powers

Zisch-Uss is the pet of imprisoned Phantom Zone villain Danjar-Uss, a Kryptonian gang leader who was imprisoned for numerous crimes. Back on Krypton, Visch-Uss accompanied his master on his criminal assignments and acted as his personal watch dog. Anyone trying to steal Danjar's loot or cause trouble for the gangster risked a brutal dog attack. Visch also enjoyed attacking cats and frightening his master's underlings. Danjar doted on his pet and made sure the dog was well fed and cared for, in fact he probably cared more for the dog than his own family and Visch was extremely loyal in return.
    But things started to go wrong for Visch-Uss and his criminal master when Danjar's attempt to assassinate a top (anti-organized crime crusading) Kryptonian politician was thwarted by authorities and he was captured. The infuriated gangster vowed revenge on Jor-El for discovering the Phantom Zone where he was imprisoned and continues to harbor a burning grudge against Superman.
    Visch-Uss was accidentally released from the Phantom Zone because of an accident involving a Phantom Zone projector stored at S.T.A.R. Labs. The villain superdog first went in search of Krypto, the pet of his captor. However, Krypto was away on a mission with the Dog Star Patrol at the time, leaving protection of Metropolis to Streaky.
    The supercat was unprepared for what was possibly his toughest challenge ever and, taken by surprise, narrowly escaped a ruthless attack by the vicious super-powered dog. Streaky soon realized the dog had Kryptonian powers and was forced to make a strategic retreat. Visch began plotting to free his master and fellow criminal pets from the Phantom Zone. Fortunately the supercat, although shaken by the close call, regrouped and attempted to stop the criminal canine. After another dangerous confrontation and much struggle, Streaky found a way to outwit his more powerful opponent and Visch-Uss ended up back in the Phantom Zone. The evil Kryptonian canine found being defeated by a mere cat extremely humiliating and as a result transferred much of his hatred of Krypto to Streaky. Later freed from the Phantom Zone again, he has clashed with both Krypto and Streaky, as well as the Justice League of Animals on several occasions.
    He is extremely loyal to his master and shares his hatred of Superman, which extends to Krypto and now Streaky as well. Lex Luthor's pet, Ignatius, has also attempted to use the evil super-powered dog for his own ends.

Comickook

[87]Jan 17, 2006
    Thanks again for getting another character in this and also thanks for the thanks, catfan1.

Ladsone

[88]Jan 17, 2006
    • level: 13
    OK Everybody, since I've formally introduced them in my latest story with the Baron, I guess I'd better put something here for "The Alpha Team"

NAME: The Alpha Team (Rex #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5)

SPECIES: German Shepherds

ABILITIES/EQUIPMENT: All five dogs have been bionically enhanced (thanks to Professor Lazarus Draconna) with two laser eyes (which have the ability to fire intense laser beams), four bionic limbs that allow them to jump approximately 100 yards in any direction and give them a top running speed of over 50 miles an hour, and a bionic jaw that can crush metal. Their brains have also been enhanced to improve their thought process.

BACKGROUND: The Alpha Team is the muscle for the Super Dobes (the Baron's elite crime dog team). The baron was tired of his beloved pets losing to the JLA and decided that they needed to be put on an even footing with the members of the JLA.

PERSONALITY: No nonsense. All five dogs are very serious about their duties and are extremely loyal to the Baron and to each other.

GENERAL PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Standard German Shepherd. You would have to look very closely to find the enhancements.

3StarvingArtist

[89]Jan 17, 2006
    Interesting villains, guys. I hope to see them in other stories.

Comickook

[90]Jan 17, 2006
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

Agreed, 3StarvingArtist. Not over-done, naturally, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them again.

3StarvingArtist

[91]Jan 19, 2006
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

Agreed, 3StarvingArtist. Not over-done, naturally, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them again.

But of course.

3StarvingArtist

[92]Mar 21, 2006

Saving the thread.

BlackTulip009

[93]Mar 21, 2006
    • level: 12
    Glad it was saved! ^^
    I like the ideas for Banshee, and Brainy's family, and Parasol Poodle. xD
    I think my favorite is that one near the beginning, though, for 'Cold Breeze,' an ice-blue Dalmatian with white spots. That would be a wonderful character design, I think. Cute how Hot Dog has a crush on her, too...fire and ice!

3StarvingArtist

[94]Mar 21, 2006
    BlackTulip009 wrote:
    Glad it was saved! ^^
    I think my favorite is that one near the beginning, though, for 'Cold Breeze,' an ice-blue Dalmatian with white spots. That would be a wonderful character design, I think. Cute how Hot Dog has a crush on her, too...fire and ice!

Well, we can only hope that these and the rest of the fanon char threads eventually get stickied. And glad you like Banshee.

Comickook

[95]Mar 21, 2006
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    BlackTulip009 wrote:
    Glad it was saved! ^^

Well, we can only hope that these and the rest of the fanon char threads eventually get stickied. And glad you like Banshee.

Very much agreed, 3StarvingArtist. :-D
    Edited on 03/21/2006 12:06pm

catfan1

[96]Apr 1, 2006
    I'm trying to get caught up on these so here are a couple of villains who were previously introduced in the story ideas, "It's a Cat Thing" and "That Old Black Cat Magic." Thanks very much to Comickook for for his input in the creation of these characters and for creating the "Presto Pooch" and Empress characters who helped inspire Countess Astorina.

Dr. B.F. Pawlove  

Species: human

Appearance: A large, heavyset man with red hair and a thick, but neatly-trimmed red beard. He's usually seen wearing a white lab coat over neatly pressed expensive suits.

Abilities: Brilliant scientist and above-average con man.

Personality: Intelligent but  extremely self-centered and narcissistic to the point of being somewhat out of touch with reality. (He thinks nothing of stealing, harming other people or even causing total chaos simply to advance his ideas, other people or animals are just obstacles in his path.) Dr. Pawlove can be a charming con man when required, but his nasty dispostion is never far beneath the surface.

Background: A professor of behavioral science at Metropolis University, Dr. B.F. Pawlove was regarded as a top researcher with a promising future, specializing in pet behavior. But when the university and all potential donors refused to give him a $1 million grant for his detailed study of dog behavior, the arrogant professor began to threaten and harass those who turned him down with the help of Muddly, a university handyman who had become his loyal (if a little over-agressive at times) follower. When a large sum turned up missing from his department, Pawlove was dismissed. The university board was happy to be rid of him because of his increasingly out-of-control behavior but tried to keep the scandal a secret. Eventually, he developed a method of controlling the minds of pet dogs, which he used to carry out a crime spree. Krypto was one of the dogs under the professor's control, thanks to the addition of Kryptonite to Pawlove's hypno-device. With the help of Kevin and Streaky, Krypto defeated the professor, who was arrested and charged with numerous counts of robbery and vandalism. Unfortunately, Pawlove and Muddly were found mentally unstable and incompetent to stand trial after tests proved the two had no memories of their most recent crimes (Kevin, Krypto and Streaky erased the villains' memories [which was an unfortunate necessity in order to keep Krypto's identity secret {Pawlove and Muddly found out that information despite Kevin using a fake name for himself and Krypto}]), but the professor was financially ruined by a class action lawsuit brought against him by the owners of the dogs he hypnotized in his phony dog obedience training school. At this time, he is still confined in an asylum in Metropolis but is believed to be working on a method for brainwashing cats. Despite his memory being erased, he soon realized that Superdog and Supercat were behind his defeat and he has sworn revenge.

Countess Astorina

Species: Domestic cat

Abilities: Her major powers include bolts of lightning (fired from her paws),  bringing inanimate objects to life, creating objects from mystic energy (although to a lesser degree than her mentor "Presto Pooch" ) and control over an army of zombie cats, dogs, birds and rodents.  Astorina spent years (her aging was slowed down by her mystic energy) accumulating power from many mystic sources but lost much of it when she was defeated by the JLAnimals and the Drak Pack Cats.

Personality: Astorina can be an extremely dangerous opponent because of her ruthlessness, cunning and her determination to achieve her goals. Fortunately for her hero opponents, her nasty temper and huge ego makes her prone to overreaching and this has led to her downfall on several occasions.

Appearance: Thin, black cat with a thin white star on her head. She often wears a collar of light blue gems and a dark red cape.

Background: She grew up as a member of the Kitayan royal family and at an early age learned about the powerful sorcerers in her family who secretly dominated the country's human rulers centuries ago. Embittered at her family's loss of power, she devoted herself to the study of black magic, determined to reclaim rule of Kitaya for her family of royal cats. Eventually her quest for knowledge led her to study with the evil canine sorcerer who would, years later, be known as "Presto Pooch" (thanks to one of Streaky's smart alec remarks that stuck)  He taught her many of the skills she used against her enemies, primarily Streaky, Tomaz, Ginger and the "Drak Pack Cats" (Lon, Chaney and Junior), but she has taken on almost all of Streaky's teammates in the Justice League of Animals at one point or another (including nine of them at once). Astorina has a habit of marrying wealthy cats who seem to mysteriously come to bad ends, ending up in her army of zombie warriors (as do those cats' bodyguards). She once nearly convinced a young and naive Prince Tomaz to marry her, but fortunately the young prince realized the countess's true evil nature just in time. She continues to bear a grudge as Tomaz is the only potential victim who ever escaped her clutches. After her unsuccessful attempt to ruin the marriage of Tomaz and Ginger and seize control of the country, she was imprisoned in an animal shelter but escaped in a matter of weeks. Since then, she has popped up several times; each time with some new scheme to destroy the heroes who defeated her in the first place. More than once, she's come dangerously close to victory, but in the end, she always gets tripped up at the pivotal moment by either overconfidence or anger. Her current whereabouts are unknown but she is believed to be rebuilding her powers, possibly under the tutelage of her old mentor.

catfan1

[97]Apr 2, 2006
    Here's a character from the story idea "The Western Dog Stars" as we continue playing catch-up with characters who've already been introduced. Nova was the steed of Terra Man in the Superman comics and Comickook and I adapted him into a villain for Streaky, Tail Terrier and Paw Pooch.

Nova

Species: White winged alien horse

Abilities: Flight and super strength (he's as strong as 200 normal Earth horses his size), the strength being the result of alien genetics (alien horses of his type are generally five times stronger than any normal Earth horse their size), plus drinking from the water on a planet where his gang was hiding out. He is also ageless, but not immortal per se (another side effect of drinking from the waters of that planet he and his gang once used as a hideout). He is usually heavily-armed with an array of dangerous high tech weapons that make him a danger even to super-animals such as Krypto and Streaky.

Personality: Nova is treacherous, vain and extremely arrogant, qualities that worked against him in his battle with the Dog Stars. He can be very clever when he is not blinded by his ego.

Background: The former steed of Tobias Manning (the outlaw sometimes known as Terra Man) decided to go into business for himself after the Justice League captured and imprisoned his former master. Gathering together a gang of horses like himself, Nova formed his own criminal gang that, for a time, terorrized the galaxy. They were made even more dangerous as the gang gathered more members AND when they discovered the effects the water of an abandoned planet they were once using as a hideout (basically a cosmic version of the Fountain of Youth, except that it, for some reason, only works on alien horses AND the side effects ALSO include a permanent fortyfold increase in strength [at least from the first drink; after that the water is merely very refreshing]). With this reinforced gang at his command, Nova masterminded the type of robberies that made him one of the richest beings in the cosmos. Once the loot from his many crimes was carefully laundered, Nova and his gang  decided to try to aim for bigger and better things. Soon after that, they settled on the planet of Jodgs'ite' where Nova used the incredible wealth from his many crimes from elsewhere in the galaxy to set himself up in the guise of a respectable businesshorse and even ran for mayor. Fortunately, Sheriff O'Har'a quickly caught on and, with the help of Streaky, Paw Pooch and Tail Terrier, captured the outlaw gang. The gang members were convicted by a galactic court and imprisoned, but Nova has since escaped and his current wherabouts are unknown, though it IS known that he bears a very serious grudge against Streaky, whom he primarily blames for his capture and he is rumored to be involved in further space crimes since his escape. In fact, it has been confirmed that he has even joined forces with another of Streaky's worst enemies; the equally devious, treacherous and arrogant Count Jagwire; on at least one occasion.

Description: Large, muscular white stallion with large wings who generally wears any number of fancy-looking western style outfits. 
    Edited on 04/03/2006 6:20am
    Edited 2 total times.

3StarvingArtist

[98]Apr 3, 2006

Nice bios, Catfan; I like Astorina and Nova especially. They're interesting villains.

Btw, for those interested, the insidous trio's (Nero, Marco, and Thunder) bios have been updated in the "Futurue Animals" thread. Also, seeing Nova's profile here kinda got me thinking: has anyone considered doing a revamped version of Comet the Superhorse for the KTS-verse? I mean, we already have Streaky and Beppo.

catfan1

[99]Apr 3, 2006
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

Nice bios, Catfan; I like Astorina and Nova especially. They're interesting villains.

Btw, for those interested, the insidous trio's (Nero, Marco, and Thunder) bios have been updated in the "Futurue Animals" thread. Also, seeing Nova's profile here kinda got me thinking: has anyone considered doing a revamped version of Comet the Superhorse for the KTS-verse? I mean, we already have Streaky and Beppo.

Thanks.

I really hadn't given much thought to Comet but come to think of it, that is a good idea. He could make a good ally for Streaky in that upcoming confrontation with Nova and Count Jagwire. Maybe Comickook has some further ideas.
    Edited on 04/03/2006 6:12pm

Comickook

[100]Apr 3, 2006
    catfan1 wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

Thanks.

I really hadn't given much thought to Comet but come to think of it, that is a good idea. He could make a good ally for Streaky in that upcoming confrontation with Nova and Count Jagwire. Maybe Comickook has some further ideas.

Well, it's something to think about at any rate. I mean, sure we already HAVE a Comet, but that one's a ferret.... definitely NOT the super-horse and, if there can be more than one hero going by the "Green Lantern" identity, then there can definitely be two Comets. :-D