Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Present Day Fan Characters

Mammal_Mage

[141]Jul 4, 2006
    • level: 24

Name:  Creed AKA(s) Geodog, Dashound, and Sunspot

Species:  Beagle

Abilities/Equipment:  Has a callor that can turn him into 1 of 3 deferent aliens.

Geodog:  Is made of a living crystal that's harder then diamond.  Can shoot chystal shards and cover objects with crystal.

Dashound:  Can run at great speed, and is able to tun on water.

Sunspot:  Pyrokinisis

Background:  He was just a stray puppy, till he found an alien callor.

Personality:  Is rebellious, but does try to do the right thing.

General Physical Description:  (Creed)Looks like your avarage brown beagle puppy.  (Geodog)Like a wolf made of green crystal.  (Dashound)Like a green and black lizard with the build of a cheetah.  (Sunpot)Like a tiger made of lava.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

3StarvingArtist

[142]Jul 4, 2006
    • level: 10

Heh, that's a really good idea, MammalMage. A neat ode to Ben 10.

Isaac6356

[143]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 15

I believe I haven't posted anything about my characters from Dream Shard. Well here they are. The description on their appearance is correct, and more percise than from what I first said. I have one more coming soon. This is posted for what is currently going on now.

Nirik
    Species: Same as Kirin
    Powers: Same concept as Kirin's, only based of Dark Arts.
    Bio: A Nightmare creature, created from King Leogun's magic taken from the World of Nightmares. Nirik is the complete opposite of Kirin, as he is completely evil. Nirik is considered to be one of few people who can control Dark Arts, a form of magic that is hard to control otherwise. With this, he uses Dark variations of Kirin's standard attacks, including using Darkness for a sword. He has complete control over his powers and can use moves that Kirin wouldn't be able to do even with his elements. Also, while King Leogun kept watch over him, he would be immortal and can never die. However, once Kirin makes it so that Leogun cannot interfere, Nirik was easily overcomed by the Light power that Kirin achieves through the powers of the Dream World. It is unlikely Nirik will be able to return at this point. But time will tell.
    Appearance: He looks the same as Kirin, except he wears all black, and that he has dark marks on the side of his eyes.
    Ideal Voice: Same as Kirin.

Blaconda
    Species: Snake Humanoid
    Powers: Can control snakes, turn his hands into a variation of snake head, summon snakes, and even extend his arms for long ranged attacks.
    Bio: Blaconda is a Nightmare Creature like Nirik, created by King Leogun. He is the nightmare version of an python that in real life devoured Streaky's mother after escaping from his owner's cage. The real version followed Streaky into a meat factory and got caught in a meat processor, ending his life. So Blaconda is made up of what ever kind of hatred or anger the real snake would have toward Streaky if it were real. Because of this, Blaconda was determined to devour his prey, using a combination of torture and poison. However, once Streaky broke free he was beaten back until he pulled out his most deadly attack. But once Streaky charged up enough electricity to become Static Elec-Streaky, it took just one charge of energy to knock out this nightmare for good.
    Appearance: He resembles that a snake humanoid. He has grey scales and a traditional native garment *think He-Man*.
    Ideal Voice: Steven Jay Blum *Orochimaru from Naruto*

Para-Clone
    Species: Parakeet
    Powers: Can shapeshift into anyone or anything, and copy any power they have with half it's original power. Can also create illusion clones, or solid clones.
    Bio: Like the others, she was created by Leogun and is considered his strongest Nightmare creature. However, she seems to have a much better personality than the other nightmares. She actually have a liking to cute boys, like Krypto. She also tends to toy with her opponent rather than to finish them off. It's her powers that overwhelmed Krypto at first, until Krypto managed to get back in the game and get the better of her. He wore her down until she unleashed her biggest attack yet, in which she morphed into a factory that produced thousands of clones. Then she morphed into a mech in hopes to defeat him. But in the end, Krypto was victorious. However, Krypto does not finish her off. Para-Clone felt different to him, so with a caring heart, he takes her along to find the others. Perhaps a Nightmare can really change for the better. After all, she really likes Krypto.
    Appearance: A bland parakeet would be boring. So I base her off the character Ririn from Bleach. Only she doesn't wear a cute hood, and she has more feathers than the doll. She wears a pink version of Ririn's clothing, just without the hood. She also has her eyes. *I really think Ririn is cute and I want Para-Clone to be too*
    Ideal Voice: Yumi Kakazu (Ririn from Bleach)

King Leogun
    Species: Lion Humanoid *but with more Lion*
    Powers: Anything the Dream World can grant him. Can create Nightmare creatures from using the World of Nightmare's power.
    Bio: The king of the World of Dreams. He seems ruthless and mean, only caring toward his queen, Isis. Or so it seems. The nature of Leogun's true intentions is unclear, until he reveals that he's after the Dream Shard to increase his power. But he wasn't this way before, what could of happened?
    Appearance: A large blue humanoid lion with the traditional king's garment. It is both beautiful and menacing. He has a sword on his left side of his belt.
    Ideal Voice: Fumihiko Tachiki (Zaraki Kenpachi from Bleach)

Comickook

[144]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 9
    Thanks immensely for sharing these profiles, Isaac. :-D I am definitely getting a kick out of your latest adventure arc. Very enjoyable stuff as usual. :-D

Isaac6356

[145]Aug 11, 2006

Well in honor of the upcoming season finale of Dream Shard, I shall now introduce two new characters, a good guy and a bad guy, who will appear next arc *well more of a filler arc than an actual arc*. Until I give the word, no one use these guys please.

Torrent
    Species: Cat
    Abilities: He can breathe underwater and swim very well too. He can also communicate with fish, and can manipulate water for aqua based attacks. He is also very good at hand to hand combat, which is a must for onland battle. *I'm ripping off Aquaman arn't I? (
    Bio: When he was a kitten, he was accidently thrown off a boat, into a sea which had been cataminated with radioactive chemicals. Being in the water and unable to swim, he was affected by the chemicals. But luckily, a pod of dolphins came to his aid and prevented him from drowning. However a storm began to brew and they had to submerge. Thankfully, due to the radioactive chemicals, the kitten was able to breathe underwater, and with that, he lived with the pod of dolphins ever since.

Years later he had become so good at swimming and controlling water that he left his home to try and find his old family on land. He's been on land several times before, as the adopted family didn't want him to forget what he really is. However it would seem that his family was long gone and thus he returned to the water around Metropolis.

Recently, Mechanikat once again attempts to steal the fish of the ocean for his own gain. Just as Streaky was about to do something, Mechanikat is already thwarted by Torrent and his amazing abilities. After spending time with Streaky and learning the true meaning of family, Mechanikat strikes again, this time his target includes the dolphins that protected Torrent! But with the teamwork of Streaky and Torrent, they take him down once more. But a lot of damage was already done to his underwater home, so the dolphins decide to leave but Torrent decides to stay in Metropolis, where his friend Streaky is. But then Streaky had an idea, so he introduced him to the League of Supercats. And with that, he became the newest member of the crew!

Personality: He's eager, he's smart, and he's a quick learner.
    Appearance: Originally a teal cat, but due to the radiation his fur turned aqua blue. He wears a suit of fish scales and his gloves are made of the finest seaweed.
    Ideal Voice:

G-Hawk
    Species: Hawk
    Abilities: He's fast, and master of the Flash Wing *similar to Flash Step for Bleach fans*
    Bio: He's the local hawk of Metropolis. There's a rule that for every major city, there is a bird of prey who rules the skys above. And G-Hawk is one of them. Due to a mysterious upgrade he got to his body, he is the fastest bird in the sky. They say he can reach high speeds in no time flat. He's also a bit strong, so he can grab small creatures like birds, rats, and occasionally will attack dogs and cats if they're small enough. His motto is, "It's is small enough to grab, it's up for grabs!"

Para-Clone, who was later given a nickname of Pirin *see the pun?* by Kirin after deciding to live with him, was the first to ever challenge this hawk to battle. After an attempt to take one of the kittens from the Supercat Fan Club she voluntarally watched over, she took to the skies to face him. However despite her best efforts, he was just too much for her. Next encounter though, Para-Clone swears to beat him.

Personality: He thinks he owns the skys because he is the best. He thinks he can get away with hunting down any animal that he happens to catch because of his skills. He's one bad guy.
    Appearance: Just a normal hawk. But he also wears a small mask on his face because it looks cool. He also has some strange leather on his legs.
    Ideal Voice:

Again. No one use them until I say so.

3StarvingArtist

[146]Aug 11, 2006

Interesting characters, Isaac. For some reason I really like the parakeet myself.

Comickook

[147]Aug 11, 2006
    Indeed, Isaac. Once again, I have to credit you for coming up with some rather entertaining characters. Of course, Torrent would ALSO have a reasonable measure of super-feline strength and endurance (not as much as a Kryptonian-powered cat, but certainly some measure of it based on the fact his muscles would be conditioned to withstand ocean bottom pressures. I also like the fact that, despite the fact that he and Crabby Tabby (see post 31 of this very thread) can BOTH breathe underwater and possess muscles conditioned to withstand ocean bottom pressures, they otherwise have different sets of powers... it allows them both common ground without one or the other being redundant. :-D

Isaac6356

[148]Aug 11, 2006

Comickook wrote:
    Indeed, Isaac. Once again, I have to credit you for coming up with some rather entertaining characters. Of course, Torrent would ALSO have a reasonable measure of super-feline strength and endurance (not as much as a Kryptonian-powered cat, but certainly some measure of it based on the fact his muscles would be conditioned to withstand ocean bottom pressures. I also like the fact that, despite the fact that he and Crabby Tabby (see post 31 of this very thread) can BOTH breathe underwater and possess muscles conditioned to withstand ocean bottom pressures, they otherwise have different sets of powers... it allows them both common ground without one or the other being redundant. :-D

Ah yes. CrabbyTabby. Well I didn't have anything planned for him, so it looks like I'll add him near the end of the next arc. He and Torrent will be like the dynamic duo of the water!

Comickook

[149]Aug 11, 2006
    [QUOTE="Isaac6356

Ah yes. CrabbyTabby. Well I didn't have anything planned for him, so it looks like I'll add him near the end of the next arc. He and Torrent will be like the dynamic duo of the water!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That's a pretty good catch. :-D

3StarvingArtist

[150]Aug 12, 2006
    Isaac6356 wrote:

Comickook wrote:

Good point, CK. Crabby Tabby and Torrent should also team up with Dorcan and Splash sometime. XD

3StarvingArtist

[151]Aug 12, 2006

Well, this guy was originally a future character, but after learning about a minor Superman comic character named Caleb (who's apparntly in limbo now) and thinking about Ignatius, I decided to revamp his bio.

Name: Taran.

Species: Zkor (alien dragon/dog hybrid).

Abilities/Equipment: Possesses fire, ice, and acidic breath (his entire body, including the inside of his mouth, have been designed to deal with his powers), a psionic truth-sensing ability (while he can’t determine exactly what a person is lying about, he can tell when someone isn’t being truthful), enhanced agility and speed, great strength and durability (thanks to both his great size and a layer of natural ‘bone armor’ underneath his hide), and winged flight. While flying, he can crack his tail like whip, creating a sonic boom that can clear enemies in pursuit off his tail and enhance his aerial speed.

Being from the future, he carries some very high-tech equipment on his person, namely his stealth collar, which is equipped with a power disrupter, stealth capabilities that allow him to blend in with his surroundings, and laser weaponry. A formidable close range combatant (including aerial combat) and spy, he is also knowledgeable in stealth and guerilla warfare.

Background: Taran is originally from an alternate future where Earth had been taken over by Ignatius (this was the Krypto-verse Ignatius, but after he had gotten his “upgrade” courtesy of Apollo [refer to Catfan and ComicKook’s story “The Bats And The Birds”) and his army of Ignatius clones. Using his now-greater intelligence, Ignatius also had other super-soldiers created for his personal usage via scientific means, with the zkor (who were created from canine and alien DNA) being one of the end results. However, many of them wound up rebelling against their creator and joining other freedom fighter groups who were trying to save earth from the villainous lizards. Taran grew up in this dark atmosphere, and learned how to fight at an early age. Despite the freedom fighters’ courageous efforts, many of them wound up either being captured or killed. Eventually, Tran saw his own family cut down by Ignatius’ forces. Using a pilfered time-traveling device, Taran traveled back in time to the present day before Ignatius’ takeover had occurred, just barely escaping Ignatius’ forces, who destroyed the time traveling device just as it had deposited Taran in his intended destination.

Taran sought out Streaky and Krypto and warned them about the future. Currently, he is now stuck in the present (not that it matters to him much, since as far as he’s concerned, he doesn’t want to return to such a dystopian future).

Personality: Taran is brave, but also tends to be hot-tempered (especially where things involve Ignatius), something of a loner, stubborn, and impulsive. He is relieved not to have to constantly look over his shoulder for enemy troops for once, but is still too wary and has seen too many of his loved ones die to truly relax. He passionately hates Ignatius, but deep down, fears him at the same time. Also, he is overwhelmingly serious in high-pressure situations, but is also known to have a dark sense of humor. Can be suspicious of strangers, but once you’ve earned his trust, he can make for a highly loyal friend.

General Physical Description: Large draconic/canine-like animal (often described as looking something like a greyhound on steroids). Has short curved silver horns on his head, a tapering tail nearly as long as his body that’s also prehensile, and sharp black claws. Also has a relatively long neck, fairly long bat-like ears that are usually carried back when he’s relaxed, and a long muzzle with a black nose-pad. Gold eyes. Fur is a deep reddish-orange with yellow-orange on his throat, chest, and stomach, and there is also a yellow-orange tuft on the tip of his tail. Often wears a black collar.

Ideal Voice:

Comickook

[152]Aug 19, 2006

Here's one that Catfan1, 3StarvingArtis and I t ALL worked together on. And this character (at least this fan version of a Silver Age character) was 3StarvingArtist's idea to begin with, so I DOUBLY have to thank her. Anyway, without further ado.

Comet (the Superhorse)

Species: Male horse (Cleveland Bay/thoroughbred hybrid).

Personality: He is very intelligent, courageous, loyal, and has a strong sense of duty. Despite his powers (which he very rarely uses anyways) and high level of accomplishment, Comet is surprisingly modest, much more interested in getting the job done than in receiving any personal glory. Because of this, he is often underestimated both by foes and by his fellow police horses, the latter of which view him as reliable and a nice guy but not exceptional (and a fair number of animal heroes have come to believe that the reason his power is so much less in "civilian mode" than in "super-mode" is a semi-deliberate psychological block on the equine's part owing in part TO the aforementioned humility [i.e. he has a lot more power than he really wants, so he subconsciously blocks the vast majority of said power when he's in "'civilian mode'", only bringing it to the surface when absolutely necessary], but this has yet to be either proven or DISproven). Because of his self-effacing nature, he can become easily embarrassed by copious amounts of praise. Although overwhelmingly serious during emergencies, he can lighten up at the appropriate moments, though he is still largely reserved a good deal of the time anyways. Is calm and non-demanding, and while not much for making jokes, he can take them really well (just as long as they're in good taste and at no one else's expense). While Comet is a reluctant superhero, he is more than willing to help the other hero animals fight the good fight.

Description: A good-sized (but not excessively so), muscular (but NOT enough so to completely sacrifice speed and agility) male mostly light brown horse (with a fiery orange mane and tail [where Comet draws his name from], two small patches of white on his back, one white patch on each foot, and a white muzzle) who usually wears a sky-blue harness (which covers almost his entire back and torso as well as the entire lower half of his neck) with a gold police badge on it. (Note: As Superhorse, his entire body [including his mane and tail] is colored medium silver, he has his police badge replaced by a copy of the classic triangular Superman "'S'" and adds a red cape to the back of his harness).

Abilities: Even before he got his powers, Comet was a very capable detective, an expertly trained rescue worker and athlete, and had above-average skills in hoof-to-hoof (or hoof-to-paw or hoof-to-hand) combat. Ever since his exposure to the mystical alien artifact that gave Comet his powers, his strength, speed, agility, stamina, and senses were heightened literally a millionfold (in "'all-silver mode" anyway; these abilities are only EIGHTY times magnified in his normal form), plus he gained the added powers of high-speed flight, freezing breath AND the ability to emit powerful beams of mystic energy from his eyes (though he only has these last three powers in his "all-silver" form and he STILL primarily prefers to rely on his police training and the skills he had before getting his powers anyway, ONLY using his powers when he has absolutely, positively NO OTHER OPTIONS) in addition to the ability to instantly change back and forth from his normal coloring to his all-silver form at will.

Background: Before becoming Superhorse, Comet (most certainly NOT to be confused with Stargirl's wiseacre pet ferret of the same name) was a well-trained and hard-working Metropolis police horse. While on the job, he met and became a good friend of both Krypto and Streaky and played minor roles in some of their adventures before the events in which he gained his powers. He was very much admired by Krypto for his daring rescue of a child (as well as one of Comet's human handlers) who had wandered into traffic while Krypto and Streaky were distracted by their hard-pressed efforts to minimize the damage caused by a chain-reaction traffic collision, the rescue going unnoticed by Comet's other human handlers, but NOT by the Super-pets.

Comet proved a valuable ally when, while Krypto and Streaky were visiting him on one of his rare days off, the trio was abducted by aliens needing the super-pets' help in recovering a highly dangerous mystical artifact. The aliens admitted that they only grabbed Comet by accident, but Krypto and Streaky vouched for the police horse's skills and the aliens agreed to let Comet help... and they definitely were not sorry that they did. Unfortunately, three of Streaky's most dangerous enemies; Count Jagwire, Nova, and Visch-Uss; joined forces in an effort get a hold of the artifact themselves in order to help them in their mutual goal to eliminate the super-cat.

Working as a team, Krypto, Streaky, and Comet (just barely) succeeded in beating the villains to the artifact. However, an accidental discharge of the mystic artifact's power turned Comet's coat, mane, and tail medium silver and permanently imbued the police equine with powers outwardly similar in many respects to those of Krypto and Streaky (albeit for possibly being at a proportionately higher level and without the hindrance of being vulnerable to Kryptonite or red sunlight). And, as it turned out, Comet didn't get his powers a minute too soon because Jagwire, Nova, and Visch-Uss didn't waste any time in launching their attack on the animal heroes upon finally catching up to them. Despite Comet being very new to his powers and not even sure he wanted to be a superhero, he, Krypto, and Streaky still managed a very narrow victory over the trio of super-villains.

Upon returning to Earth (with several hours to spare before Comet's day off came to an end), the equine, thankfully, learned that he can resume his usual coloration at will (which saved A LOT of awkward explanations to his police handlers and the other police animals [and, better still, in normal form, the augmentations of his pre-existing abilities were less than one ten thousandth of what they are in his "'all silver'" form {and he had NONE of the three EXTRA abilities he had in that other form} ... which is MUCH easier to keep in check]).

Still, ever since that adventure Comet has since become a valued if sometimes reluctant ally of the super-pets. Comet (who Streaky has respectfully dubbed "Big C" [he refers to the OTHER Comet {Stargirl's pet ferret} as LITTLE "'C'"]) prefers to keep a low profile but is on call when needed as an auxiliary member of the JLAnimals as Superhorse.

Edited on 12/19/2006 8:10am
    Edited 3 total times.

Isaac6356

[153]Aug 19, 2006

Good work Comickook.

Since I have time from my college work *I just finished a rough draft for an essay*, I might as well post the member list to the Five Wings of the Sky, and the Black Talon Society. Now being in the Present time, the FWotS don't have super powered guys, but BTS does. I already posted information about the two groups in the Future Animals thread if you want to learn more. But now, here are the members of this time.

Current Members of the FWotS:
    Drake - A sea hawk from the far north. He is an expert in sea hunting and is dubbed to be the one bird to never miss a fish.
    Scott - A small hawk from the south. Despite his size he is strong enough to carry prey bigger than himself. With his size it makes it easier to navigate through trees at high speeds when normal hawks couldn't easily get through.
    Simon - The oldest of the group, a hawk who comes from the west. He is known to have feelings to what the BTS is doing and their whereabouts just like that. It is said he's known the BTS longer than anyone else and knows just about every move they make. He is like the early warning system to the group.
    John - A middle sized hawk from the east. He is blind but has great senses. His hearing is extrodinary, and he can literally feel the air around him. He seems to know where he is no matter what kind of condition he is in. He was known to locate a strip of land in the middle of a sea during a rainstorm.

Current Known Members of the BTS:
    Grandor - Leader of the group....Do I really need to repeat?
    Igull - A newcomer to the group, he is a seagull whose feathers are slightly blue. This is because he recently obtained the ability to control ice. But being new, he isn't as good with his powers as he claims to be. The only kind of attack he is able to do is blow ice from his mouth. However he has been able to conjure up a blizzard once. On accident...
    Kinetic Peli - An emperor penguin who is also a cyborg. He was in a terrible accident when the zoo he was in was caught in some kind of explosion. He lost parts of his body that day, but was later given robotic limbs. However he never has forgotten that day when his zoo was destroyed. He blames humans for that and for his new body, for he can never swim again. However thanks to this body he is self upgradeable, and is stronger than normal pets. He's been finding ways to improve his mechanical body to exceed that to even the Superpets. He is one of the few members in the group capable of doing Flash Wing.
    Drill Beak - An african stork whose mouth is built like a drill. His beak can spin like a drill, and even pierce like a drill. The downside is that it can't really impenetrate those with alien skin *Krypto, Kirin, etc*. His drill isn't all that makes him deadly. He is also one who can use Flash Wing, and can be quite deadly when combined with his drill. He might not be able to pierce alien skin well, but he can sure damage them pretty badly with his speed.
    Lightning Swallow - As his name pretains, he is a swallow. But his feathers are all yellow. He also has blue lightning stripes on his two wings, kind like Streaky's lightning stripes on his fur. Lighting Swallow is able to turn himself into a living ball of electricity and anyone dumb enough to touch him would get electricuted. The degree of power he delivers this way is determined randomly. It turns out that he doesn't know how much power he puts into his electricity unless he is using an attack. So his body could be a small shock, or a megawatt of destruction. Either way, he is still dangerous with Flash Wing, which is why he is called Lightning Swallow to begin with.
    G-Hawk - *see profile a page back or two* He was a spy and for a time was in the FWotS. After losing to Para-Clone, he was expelled from the FWotS for being a spy, and later expelled from the BTS for failure at such extremes. No one knows what happened to him after Grandor got to him.

The rest of the members are more or less non-powered birds who just like to be bad, and so aren't really named. If I decide to do an arc for the BTS, I'll put up a more detailed profile for some of these guys.

Comickook

[154]Aug 19, 2006

Thanks Isaac. As I said though, Catfan1 and 3StarvingArtist each deserve an equal share of the rest of the credit for the Comet the Superhorse profile. Here's one for a detective team Catfan1 and I worked together on (again, the credit should be 50/50) and, without further ado....

The detective team of Stratford and Tobias

Tobias (Toby)

Appearance: Physically fit-looking medium-sized brown and white dog.

Species: Mixed breed dog; part-Spaniel, part-bloodhound

Personality: Brave, loyal, very honorable, but also very formal (he often refers to himself and others by their PROPER name rather than by nickname, even if the other animal prefers the latter), straight-laced and easily irritated (he's, however, also nowhere near as easily distracted by attractive female canines as his partner Stratford is by attractive female cats). Speaks with a very proper English accent.

Abilities/Equipment: Highly developed tracking ability (his senses of hearing and smell, while not super-canine, are still terrific even by hunting dog standards), slightly above average detective skills (gradually, but steadily, improving thanks to the help of his partner Stratford), Adequate trap setting and disguise skills and good paw-to-paw combat skill (the only area other than his hearing and smell and his self-control around the ladies where he IS actually better than Stratford [albeit just SLIGHTLY better in the paw-to-paw combat skills respect]). Borrowing the idea from Bat Hound, he now carries a few useful utensils (magnifying glass, pawprint powder) and weapons in his collar.

Background: Based in London, Tobias is a distant relative of Toby, the tracking dog who is known to have assisted Sherlock Holmes in "The Sign of the Four" and is owned by a well-off London family with connections to the legendary Sherlock Holmes. As the relative of the well-known tracking dog, he is expected to be a great detective and his wealthy owner often loaned him to Britain's greatest detectives, but despite a great deal of training, he never really distinguished himself in this line of work (he's always done halfway decently on the cases he was assigned to, but never anything noteworthy), perhaps partly because of his very traditional and staid approach.

That began to change when he met up with a street cat, Stratford, while looking into reports of the re-appearance of the Hound of the Baskervilles. The cat helped him escape from mysterious dogs who turned out to be operatives of parties they would only describe as "somebody it is NOT wise to upset" (the head of the London division of the League of the Paw, but since neither Tobias nor Stratford knew of the LotP's existence just yet, they didn't figure that last part out until a fair amount later on). Fortunately, Stratford determined that the beast was actually a creation of renegade canine scientists (who, unknown to either the dog detective or the talented cat at the time, were agents of the League of the Paw [this is before the clandestine canine criminal group's existence became known]) and figured out how it could be stopped, just as it was about to attack Tobias. Soon afterwards, the dog detective invited Strat to join him and he quickly came to rely on the cat's remarkable skills. However, thanks to the fact that he has the better senses of hearing and smell and is the slightly better paw-to-paw fighter, Tobias was and is still able to at least somewhat legitimately contribute to the cases (just not as much as Stratford [see next paragraph]).

Using detective skills, teamwork and a discreet arsenal of small weapons, Stratford and Tobias solved an ever-increasing number of high profile cases and Tobias became known as Britain's greatest dog detective, with widespread fame; especially among the animal world; despite his protests that Stratford deserves the credit. Unfortunately, most of those that DO know the truth are in businesses that demand a good measure of secrecy (see below).

It wasn't long after the so-called "Baskerville Hound Rebirth" case when Startford and Tobias starting unknowingly interfering with more and more of the League of the Paw's schemes  (well, unknowingly AT FIRST anyway) and became a major thorn in the side of the criminal canine organization. In fact, the cat and dog detective team were even named honorary members of the Knights of Komondor (Strat being only the second cat to ever be named so [Streaky was the first]), who would be among the few that actually accept the fact that Stratford is the real brains of the pair. As their cases started involving a gradually increasing number of super-powered criminals and genuine ghosts and monsters, Strat and Toby have also even ended up becoming acquainted with many members of the JLAnimals (particularly Ace the Bat Hound [whom Tobias first met when the two canines {along with Lon, Chaney, Junior, Peeper and Squeaker} worked together to save Strat from a mystically powered criminal mastermind named Kelsey Morley {but preferring to call himself "the Professor"}], Krypto and Streaky [whom Toby and Strat met for the first time on their SECOND meeting with Ace after Catwoman and Isis stole the crown jewels]).

Facing increasingly dangerous challenges from the League of the Paw, the two took a cue from Bat Hound and began to arm themselves with more sophisticated weaponry that allowed them to battle super-powered and magical criminals on more equal terms.

Stratford (nickname: Strat the Cat)

Appearance: Physically fit light grey short-haired cat

Species: British short-haired cat

Personality: Very intelligent and quick thinking, he also has a mischievous side and enjoys humiliating the bad guys and needling his partner on occasion, but he is a loyal friend and dependable when there's trouble. His weaknesses include: tendencies toward overconfidence, to sometimes grow careless and fall into traps when preoccupied with a particularly perplexing mystery, to focus on obscure clues to the point of occasionally missing the obvious and even be easily distracted by attractive female cats that he is unfamiliar with (he's got a fair bit more control over this last weakness than he used to, but it's still a weakness that can be exploited by a clever femme fatale feline [for example, Isis took advantage of this to trick Stratford into letting her escape the first time they met when she and Catwoman were in London to steal the crown jewels {and this led to Toby and Strat's second meeting with Ace and the London detectives' FIRST meeting with Krypto and Streaky}]). Has a Cockney accent and sometimes displays somewhat rough street manners, although he can be very charming and polite when the need arises, even managing a very passable proper English accent of his own.

Abilities/Equipment: Naturally gifted detective (not as good as Ace, Nora or Detective Chimp, but still good enough to be considered the fourth best animal detective in the Kryptoverse) and master of disguise (to the point of being able to resemble most small dog breeds and many animal species); Accomplished actor; expert at planning, setting and avoiding traps (well, the last one when he's on full alert anyway); a master of illusion; above-average escape artist and hypnotist (at least good enough in the last one to help panicked clients relax enough to more clearly recall certain events and non-violently subdue a few particularly weak-willed hoods on occasion); decent ladies' cat on occasion, and has above average skills at paw-to-paw combat. He a carries a few small tools in his collar; including a bright light to disorient enemies; for helping with escapes and taking opponents by surprise.

Background: Stratford is a street cat from London by way of the town that gave him his name (when other cats used it as a nickname). Because he shares the same hometown as the Bard, he has developed an avid interest in Shakespeare, something that inspired him to become an above-average actor and master of disguise, talents he used to evade dogs and other dangers faced by stray cats. During his travels as a young cat, he briefly travelled with a circus where he picked up skills as an illusionist, escape artist and hypnotist.

A chance meeting with dog detective Tobias gave Strat a chance to show off his skills. He found he enjoyed detective work (and the chance to live in a comfortable home with regular meals), even if the dog seemed to get most of the credit, while Strat did most of the actual crime-solving (Strat knows this isn't Tobias's fault though [to his credit, Toby DOES keep TRYING to set the record straight, but it's almost always mistaken for modesty], so he doesn't even come close to holding it against his canine partner). With their widely differing backgrounds, the two naturally have their share of arguments but are good friends for the most part.

Stratford is also a good friend of Peeper from back when the latter's family still lived in London (well before Peeper's family had moved to Metropolis). Stratford was the one that taught the then-houseKITTEN a lot about what Peeper now knows about trap-setting and trap-avoiding (to be fair, Peeper also provided Stratford with a fair portion of his own meals whenever given the chance). Though the two cats have lost contact for more than two human years until just a little before Stratford's catnapping at the wings of the mystical master criminal "Professor" Morley (when the Metropolis-based feline sleuth and his mouse partner, Squeaker, happened to be in London on vacation and were available to; along with Ace, Lon, Chaney and Junior; lend a few paws to the investigation), Stratford and Peeper were reasonably quick to re-establish their friendship on that case (keeping in touch via regular E-mail contact).

Strat has also become acquainted with other heroes; including Krypto, Streaky, the aforementioned Ace and the also-aforementioned Lon, Chaney and Junior (Stratford and Tobias even worked with all six of the just mentioned heroes at the same time as well as Peeper and Squeaker on a case where the detective team had to contend with a gang of monster animals led by Count Dracula's pet wolf, Lugosi).

A mostly self-taught crimefighter, he is a natural as a detective, although most animals believe he is Tobias's personal assistant, a perception reinforced by Stratford's cockney accent and street manners (which he often exaggerates for the benefit of enemies [to purposely inspire them to underestimate him]). Recently, League of the Paw operatives have started to suspect the truth, but Augustin and Moses have, so far, discounted their reports as not believable (which is really giving you a pretty good idea just HOW GOOD Stratford's acting job actually IS, given that Augustin and Moses are both among the most intelligent canines on the planet).

Edited on 02/17/2007 8:27pm
    Edited 7 total times.

3StarvingArtist

[155]Aug 19, 2006

Thanks CK. It's fun working with you guys.

I've been waiting to see these detective chars (I like Sherlock Holmes and a lot of Holmes-related stuff). Great job on them, guys. I actually started thinking about the Toby from "The Great Mouse Detective" when I first saw Toby's (err, Tobias ) profile. I particularly like the fact that despite being related to a famous tracker, Toby started off a pretty average detective. Stratford is a very intriguing char as well. I'm reminded of Darkwing Duck when I look at his weaknesses, and making him Cockney was a cool touch as well.

It's also good to hear that we'll eventually be seeing the League Of The Paw, the Drak Pack cats, and Peeper and Squeaker in action (I really love all of those characters). Also, you must do a profile for this Dracula pet. I demand it !

@Isaac: These birds look like they have interesting abilities and concepts behind them (especially the villains-- I mean, a cyborg penguin? Neat). I kinda get a whole martial arts feel from these profiles.

Edited on 08/20/2006 2:27pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Isaac6356

[156]Aug 19, 2006

Interesting duo. Yes they do remind about The Great Mouse Detective. That was a good movie too. Well done to everyone.

catfan1

[157]Aug 20, 2006
    • level: 17
    Thanks, all and thanks for getting that posted and for helping me shape those characters, Comickook. I've wanted to do someting Sherlock Holmes-inspired for some time. I'm hoping we can get the villain characters sorted out and get to that story where they meet up with Bat Hound soon!

Isaac6356

[158]Aug 22, 2006

Tomorrow or so I'll get my new episode done. In the meantime, here's a little sample of who you will be meeting soon.

Dirk a.k.a Razor Cat
    Species: Typical black cat. Well he's the same as Hatchi.
    Abilities: Being trained by the same person, he was trained to be very strong and very fast. Although he doesn't wear any weights like Hatchi, he is somewhat the same strength than him. Besides, Dirk likes to specialize in using razor blades to cut his enemies to shreds. He wears retractible blades on his fore arms that open up when he thinks it. He is really good at using projectiles so when given one he is one bad cat. Like many others, he can do Flash Step. It was after he learned that he took off the weights for good.
    Bio: Dirk was also an orphan like Hatchi, who lived it tough until found by Boss and his organization. As all trainees were trained for a certain amount of time, he didn't know about the true objectives of Boss. He got along well with Hatchi, and became good friends. They were also the best pair of rivals you could ask for. They are seen together all the time, pushing each other to be stronger than the other. Even when they're not training they compete, like when it comes to eating, or even getting up first in the morning. All and all, it seems like they are an even pair and just haven't proved who's really better.

On the third year, they were to be promoted as Boss's personal army. But at this time, this was where their fates would be decided. If they did not like Boss's intentions, then they would be put under his control via mind control. Otherwise, they continue to have free will, only with a safety precaution....Those with free will are given a pill to take, in which at any time they were to betray Boss in any way, he would trigger the death grip, in which the one he triggers for a said person would die a slow painful death.

On that day, Hatchi knew early and tried to get Dirk to leave with him. But it was too late. It would seem that Dirk, or rather now called Razor Cat as to his code name, has been taken over by Boss. Being the case, Hatchi left the organization, only to be hunted by those he once lived with, including his best friend.

To this day, Dirk seems to be more interested in training than hunting down Hatchi. Although he is supposively under mind control, or so we think, he has shown more free will than anyone. Perhaps he willingly decided to follow Boss's wishes without mind control. But why? At any rate, he has yet to be seen. But when ready, he'll persue his prey. His friend Hatchi, only he calls him to what his codename would of been, which was Shadow Cat.

Appearance: He's the same size as Hatchi. His eye color is dark blue, and he has a cut across his left eye. Unlike Hatchi he doesn't wear a mask. He wears a military vest and has those razor blades on his arms.
    Personality: His personality is more calm than Hatchi. He isn't as wild as he was back then. He is more cool and collective. He knows how to deal with a situation and doesn't hesitate to finish the job. He has some sort of feel of absolute justice and perhaps is why he willingly followed Boss's way.
    Ideal Voice: Steve Staley (Neji from Naruto)

I might as well clarify this. Flash Step *or sometimes Flash Wing to birds* in terms of speed is no where near as fast as Superman at full speed. It has the same speed of The Flash's speed, but only for short distances. Also it takes a certain amount of weights and training to obtain it.

EDIT: Oopsie. Made an error in the fanfic. So an update to his name is given!

Edited on 09/09/2006 6:42am

Comickook

[159]Sep 3, 2006

This is the revised version of Catfan1's Count Jagwire profile on Post Seven of this thread. Catfan1 and I simply had some more details to add to this file and couldn't resist. Anyway, double thanks to Catfan1 for coming up with the idea in the first place and, without further ado...

Name: Count Jagwire (revised)

Species: Mutated Jaguar

Background: Once an ordinary jaguar born in a Central American rain forest of earth, Count Jagwire has become one of the most notorious space villains in the galaxy. His life changed when he found himself beamed aboard a spaceship by scientists from a race of alien cats exploring earth for specimens. Unfortunately for them, he proved to be an extremely cunning subject. His captors naively subjected him to experiments in enhancing the traits of earth creatures (turning him into a full-anthro in the process). With his newly-enhanced combat skill and newfound ability to use a sword, he escaped confinement, led a rebellion of his fellow captive large cats and commandeered the ship. They landed on the planet Kelfano where, using stolen technology from the ship and his crew of followers, he convinced the planet's natives he was a royal count from a now destroyed planet and eventually became a trusted adviser to the king. But true to his treacherous nature, he used the position to take over the kingdom's army, secretly make false alliances with opposing factions and then used his knowledge of the factions to destroy all opposing forces one by one, all while also forging a secret alliance with Mechanikat.

Only the timely intervention of Krypto and Streaky (the super-pets having been recruited in a roundabout way by forces genuinely loyal to the king) prevented his forceful takeover of the entire planet and use it as a springboard to attack neighboring planets. Streaky lost little time in antagonizing the Count (who, at the time, was still trying to hide his true nature) once the super-cat and Krypto arrived on Kelfano. Jagwire's true intentions were exposed shortly after he lost a duel with Streaky (Jagwire had greatly underestimated the super-cat and, as a result, was handed his his first ever defeat in one-on-one combat). He was arrested and convicted of treason.

The count; who has since escaped from space prison; still nurses a strong grudge, particularly against Streaky (who loves calling Jagwire such deliberately insulting nicknames as "the no-account count", "Senior` Creep", "El Rotteno", "Ricardo", "Oil Can Harry" and too many others to list [including a few that, at least according to Streaky himself, "'aren't fit for repeating in front of good females and innocent youths"]). Lately, he has been roaming the galaxy, seeking the means, and recruiting allies, to defeat Supercat. Once, he even kidnapped Princess, Squeaky AND one of the kittens of Streaky's kittenhood friend Ginger (the last of which to blackmail Ginger into spying on Krypto and Streaky and the first two were to personally get to Streaky) and ended up luring Streaky into a trap room designed to perfectly simulate a Kryptonian environment so that he can fight the super-cat without his powers.

However, even WITH powers making him a physical match for even Krypto himself (powers he gained during his efforts to acquire the throne of Verinux), a vast stockpile of extra-terrestrial technology, a respectable number of anthro-cat lackies AND the help of other Streaky enemies (including Nova and Visch-Uss on at least three occasions [the first time was when he recruited both fellow villains to assist him in his vendetta AND help him steal a powerful mystic artifact; the second time was when all three villains were recruited among a virtual army of other super-villains from across the multiverse to act as part of Apollo's "dirty work" crew; and the third time was when all three were members of Rex-Val's Supercat Revenge Squad]), Jagwire has yet to succeed in concluding his vendetta against Streaky. In fact, in one especially embarrassing incident, Jagwire once tried attacking the KLE-verse Streaky, mistaking THAT Streaky for his Kryptoverse counterpart, but that Streaky tricked him into a head-on collision with the WWK-verse Thundermutt (who had mistaken the then non-powered feline for his WWK-verse counterpart). While the two equally powerful and egotistical villains were battling it out, they got blindsided by the heroes they mistook the KLE-verse Streaky for. Still, despite his bad luck when it comes to fighting Streaky, Jagwire is definitely not a cat to be underestimated (as Krypto and his Dog Star teammates can DEFINITELY vouch).

Personality: In addition to being cunning, cruel and treacherous, the count is known to be extremely self-centered, arrogant and vain. He can demonstrate a charming side, which he is known to use to attract female cats of all varieties (even if said female cat is a villainess [such as the case of fellow Streaky enemy Agent 9-L, aka Deliah]) but his extreme selfishness has prevented him from having any kind of long-term relationship (this is especially true with villainesses, who, by their very natures, are typically just as selfish as HE is). He is also, as Streaky has learned, very vindictive and tends to hold strong grudges against enemies. In fact, his hatred of Streaky has even grown to the point of overriding his usually strong sense of self-preservation (i.e. if he saw a chance to destroy Streaky, EVEN if he knew full well that taking the shot meant HE probably wouldn't get out alive either, he'd still probably take the shot)

Equipment/Abilities: In addition to still retaining all the natural abilities of his species (albeit in an anthropomorphic body) and having regular access to extra-terrestrial weaponry, Jag wire is also an accomplished swordscat (thanks to the super-powers he now has [see last sentence of this section], he rarely actually needs to use his sword anymore, but he likes to keep this skill sharp all the same) with above-average skills in paw-to-paw combat and a clear capacity for strategic thinking. Furthermore, Jagwire is also a capable ladies' cat when he pours on the charm; something that helps him get into a position to act on several of his strategies. On top of this, Jagwire; thanks to the experimental Verinuxian super-power formula he has ingested during his attempt to acquire leadership of the planet); now also possesses strength, speed and flying ability equal to Krypto's own, greatly augmented endurance (though he's NOT invulnerable), retractable energy claws that can cut through virtually anything AND laser vision as powerful as Krypto's heat vision.

Description: A large, white cat, he appears to be a close relative of the accident-prone jaguar who appeared in “Melanie's Monkey” and shares many of the same traits and a similar physical appearance (save for being a full anthro now). He typically wears a purple cape and musketeer hat and is rarely seen without a sword, his idea of how a stylish count should dress. The Count also speaks with a Spanish accent, a reminder of his early days on Earth.

Edited on 12/19/2006 8:43am
    Edited 5 total times.

3StarvingArtist

[160]Sep 17, 2006

One of my favorite villains. I didn't know Jagwire was white. One thing tho -- I think his "Central American accent" should be changed to Spanish accent, since there's several dialects used in Central American (including native indian ones), and Jagwire has used Spanish before, hasn't he?

Also, my thanks to ComicKook and Catfan for helping me out with this guy (who was partly inspired by their chars Tobias and Stratford).

Name: Jazz.

Species: Standard poodle (male).

Abilities/Equipment: A capable detective who’ll often put foes and suspects off-guard with his oddball ways. He is also an above-average athlete, competent in paw-to-paw combat, and has a definite talent for planning and setting traps for his opponents. Through concentration, he can also transform into either a fog, liquid, or ice form and even control water within his immediate area but that’s unconnected to his body (though this last one takes PARTICULARLY intense concentration and he has yet to be able to MAINTAIN control of said water for more than a few seconds), though the full extents of his hydrokinetic powers are unknown at present due to his being relatively new to the powers and his still preferring to rely on his wits.

Background: Not much is known about the poodle known as Jazz prior to his enrolling in the Parisian police dog academy, except that he is a self-taught canine detective who has wanted to be a police dog ever since he was a puppy. Despite his obvious natural ability, the individuals running the school rejected him because they thought he was too eccentric to be reliable (they were right about him being eccentric, but NOT about him being TOO eccentric to be reliable). Undaunted, Jazz decided to become a canine private investigator so that he could still track down criminals. Despite his reasonable fee of "five Milk Bones a day plus expenses" and a very good success record on the cases he WAS able to get, Jazz wasn't able to land that many clients due, again, to his own eccentricities. It wasn't long before Jazz decided that he would have to drum up some work by proving his abilities and dependability by single-handedly solving a MAJOR unsolved caper. The trouble was FINDING an unsolved caper TO solve.

Thus, Jazz carefully scoured every newspaper and magazine in Paris (as well as the cats and rats hanging out in the back alleys of several of the seedier taverns within his area) for any signs of an unsolved caper he could crack. Over the course of his research, though, Jazz ended up witnessing two dogs breaking into a science lab near one of the tavern back alleys (these dogs were really agents of the League of the Paw, but as Jazz didn't know about the group's existence yet, he had no way of knowing this at the time). Curious as to what the two dogs were up to, Jazz went in after the two canines. As it turns out, they were trying to steal a couple of rare mineral samples and a vial containing a new experimental formula. Jazz tried to break up the robbery and DID manage to narrowly defeat the crooks (owing, in large part, to Jazz having the element of surprise), but got the vial of chemicals poured on himself. Initially, Jazz was found to be unaffected by the chemicals but, as time went on, he actually gradually gained the power of hydrokinesis (including the talent of turning into fog, liquid or ice-based forms).

Jazz received major public exposure when he helped Krypto and Ace on a case that had bought the Dog of the Steel and the Dark Dog Knight all the way to Paris (Krypto and Ace were after Enigma, Puttypuss, Surge, and Saint Nick, all of whom had teamed up for a major caper at the Louvre). Since then, Jazz has become France’s premier animal super-hero; in fact, he has met and become allies of several other individuals in the superhero animal community (including a couple of Krypto and Ace's more prominent JLAnimals teammates). He has also caused quite a bit of trouble for LOTP members who happen to operate in France.

Recently, he has become a part of an international squad of detectives that the JLAnimals occasionally call upon to help them out on particularly baffling mysteries (a squad headed up by Ace and including, in addition to Jazz, includes Tobias, Stratford, Peeper, and Squeaker).

Personality: Smart, friendly, and approachable, but can get flustered on occasion and CAN get a little too eager to prove himself. Is also known for being on the eccentric side (he does all his best thinking while performing a hand [or rather, paw] stand [his reasoning for this? "Thoughts flow faster to the mind."]), but is very dogged in the pursuit of criminals. Despite now having a super-power, Jazz still much prefers to rely on wits and courage to get the job done. While not a ladies' dog per say, he DOES show a definite, albeit reasonably reserved, romantic side during quiet periods that he shares with female dogs he happens to really like.

General Physical Description: A reasonably athletic-looking standard poodle with fur cut in a sort of “puppy clip” (it’s relatively short while his face, throat, and his paws are all shaved, so he doesn’t have the “lion clip” look most commonly associate with the poodle). Has slate bluish-gray fur (it’s actually more of a blue then gray) with white covering his back and some of his tail end, and a white “collar” of fur around the base of his neck.

Ideal Voice: (optional)

Edited on 10/02/2006 7:19am
    Edited 3 total times.