Krypto: the Superdog

Pied Pussycat Piper

Aired Weekdays 12:00 PM May 01, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• A pied piper is hypnotizing rats into pulling off a string of robberies and it's Jimmy the Rat to the rescue in this imaginative episode.

Krypto and Ace share the spotlight with the Jimmy the Rat as they investigate a series of robberies. It turns out Isis has the legendary Pied Piper's pipe and she uses it on the superheroes. But Jimmy steals the pipe and turns the tables on Isis.

I'm torn on this one. It's admittedly a clever idea and it's used creatively, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I expected. The characters are a large part of what I like about this show. That said, Jimmy isn't the most appealing character, in my opinion, and gets way too much screen time here. A bigger problem is that climactic scene with Jimmy controlling animals at a farm show called for better visuals and doesn't have the impact it needs to really work and goes on too long. Also, it might have been more effective if it was less obious from the start that the piper would turn out to be Isis.

But, on the plus side, Isis is in good form here and the use of music is a nice touch. I was losing interest toward the end but this one was fairly entertaining most of the time. (And if you're a fan of Jimmy, go ahead and add four-five points to my rating. :) )