Krypto: the Superdog

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

X-626

Krypto: the Superdog Fan Reviews (73)

• A Fine Cartoon.

There really is nothing WRONG with this show. It's cute, fun, entertaining, and colorful, with an excellent cast of characters. The issue is that ideally, it shouldn't have been conceived as purely a kiddie show. This doesn't allow it to live up to its full potential, which I think is tremendous. If they had gone at this as a more mature show, it could've been a real hit. If we could feel more real emotion, love, passion, danger, actual threat of death...it would be absolutely amazing. Same exact characters, less juvenile situations and dialogue. That's what I'd love to see. As it is, I love Krypto and am delighted to have discovered it by surprise on Cartoon Network. It IS a fine example of a modern cartoon show, clever and completely family-friendly. On the whole though, I would have preferred it to be more like many other superhero programs--not "dumbed down" for children just because it stars the cute little puppy dog. Anyway, in my humble opinion, the best part of the show is the recurring Dog Star Patrol.