K-Ville Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Does Anyone Know Wht the Ratings Have Been for K-Ville

maxmet31

[1]Sep 26, 2007
    • level: 6
    If You do, I'd really appreciate it, Ihope this show suceeds!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SoylentYellow

[2]Sep 27, 2007
    • level: 21

maxmet31 wrote:

These 2 sites are ones I used.First uses early overnight ratings only, the other waits until final ratings are in.

(Set Previous ratings to 9 / 24 for Mondays ratings)

http://tvtracker.com/daily_ratings.php

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings.aspx?id=monday

Latest K-Ville final rating of 4.1 is dangerously low for a drama - most of them get the axe if they stay that low or go into the 3's. Even Prison Break is down to 4.7. Last year it was usually in the low to mid 5's.

As for K-Villes survival - Id have to say it will probably hang on for 7 episodes or so then get the axe. If rating climb into the 5's - it could survive. But these days network suits are quick to axe underperforming dramas. If it were on ABC Family Channel, TNT, USA or F/X chances of survival would be much higher.

Edited on 09/27/2007 6:18am

djariya

[3]Sep 28, 2007
    • level: 19
    It was barely over 6 million viewers for episode 2. If it continues to drop, it's DOA. Most boards that I visit seem to think the show sucks and the acting is bad.

NolaBlog

[4]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 1
    SoylentYellow wrote:

maxmet31 wrote:

These 2 sites are ones I used.First uses early overnight ratings only, the other waits until final ratings are in.

(Set Previous ratings to 9 / 24 for Mondays ratings)

http://tvtracker.com/daily_ratings.php

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings.aspx?id=monday

Latest K-Ville final rating of 4.1 is dangerously low for a drama - most of them get the axe if they stay that low or go into the 3's. Even Prison Break is down to 4.7. Last year it was usually in the low to mid 5's.

As for K-Villes survival - Id have to say it will probably hang on for 7 episodes or so then get the axe. If rating climb into the 5's - it could survive. But these days network suits are quick to axe underperforming dramas. If it were on ABC Family Channel, TNT, USA or F/X chances of survival would be much higher.

Hiya ~

I have been wondering how K-Ville is doing in the ratings, but had no idea where to look. Thank you for providing these links, Solent Yellow! Now, I can check on all my fave shows.

Kandye

http://nola-blog.blogspot.com

avi01

[5]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 26
    5.78 million last night......that`s bad...the drop continues. Difficult when there is Heroes on NBC at the same time (i think) But at 8pm, it would be worst against Dancing with the star. I`m starting to wonder how far can this show go now.

djariya

[6]Oct 3, 2007
    If it drops anymore, It's DOA. FOX doesn't want to pay the bill for this show with those kinds of numbers.

avi01

[7]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 26
    I don`t see the drop stopping with Heroes at the same time.
    pfff I enjoyed Drive and it got canceled and now i`m enjoying K-Ville, I just hope it does not, but I don`t like its chance.

Cheezer123

[8]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 3
    They should seriously consider moving this show to a different time/day. Other than that I really enjoy this show. Although FOX does seem to have a nasty habit of cancelling good shows.

zombiegoblin

[9]Oct 8, 2007
    • level: 7
    I keep giving this show a chance, but I'm consistently disappointed. I can't see this lasting much longer.

Mav_33

[10]Oct 10, 2007
    • level: 5
    I think this show has a chance to be really good and i t i like the characters hope that they change the time slot though. Goingup against heroes is not helpin though

JordanRWasHere

[11]Oct 11, 2007
    • level: 11

Cheezer123 wrote:
    Although FOX does seem to have a nasty habit of cancelling good shows.

You got that right, sometimes Fox pulls out real winners, but gives up on them shortly after airing the show. That's one of their major problems with them. If they get rid of this show, The Simpsons are going to be the last thing left on Fox that I like to watch.

maxmet31

[12]Oct 11, 2007
    At the rate K-Ville is going nationally ratings wise, do you think K-Ville will hang around or will it get the unfortunate axe. I personally think it deserves to stay on the air, but I want to know what will probably happen.

Milks23

[13]Oct 11, 2007
    • level: 50
    JordanRWasHere wrote:

Cheezer123 wrote:
    Although FOX does seem to have a nasty habit of cancelling good shows.

You got that right, sometimes Fox pulls out real winners, but gives up on them shortly after airing the show. That's one of their major problems with them. If they get rid of this show, The Simpsons are going to be the last thing left on Fox that I like to watch.

I'm with you....That's all I watch on FOX Simpsons and K.

dmfaust

[14]Oct 11, 2007
    The reality is that virtually no series will last the season yet again. The odds are squarely against K-Ville, even though for its faults it is probably strong enough to be given a decent run, at least a full season. Networks baffle me. They show their faith in a new show by placing it up against returning ratings giants, then when they perform underpar they cancel them. Where did that original faith go? Move it to a new night you jackasses, theres a reason you tried to topple the kings with it to begin with. Though of course when they do move something around, where do they put it? The death slots.

It happened most notably with shows going up against American Idol last season, Jericho being the best example after a strong performance during its run that wasn't toe to toe with Idol.

Television networks now are pathetic. They have no integrity and simply push endless gameshows and reality television that is cheap to produce instead of taking risks. Even when the risks are mostly in their head, as they like to ignore the current state of technology means a time slot and the ratings garnered in it is what is just watched *FIRST*, it doesn't mean something isn't being watched at all. It all comes back down to the ratings are broken and obsolete, designed originally for a time of 3 television networks with even VHS being decades off. Yet year after year they continue with their pathetic sweeps weeks(nevermind the technology exists to easily rate advertising costs on a weekly basis) and rush to throw away money, and great television in the process, for a meaningless number.

djariya

[15]Oct 12, 2007
    I just hate reading comments about FOX loves to cancel good shows. Alot of people who make these comments are so uninformed on how the TV business works.

1. You cannot keep a show on the air that doesn't make money. The ratings are so important to a show's survival. If Nielsen familes aren't watching K-Ville or any FOX show, advertisers won't pay for the show and the show and network loses money. It's business.

2. If your the president of FOX and are paying over $2M an episode for K-Ville and the ratings suck and no advetiser wants to buy spots during it, how can you justify keeping it on the air? Networks need to make money off shows they buy. You cannot air an episode of K-Ville with no advertiser support....simple as that. That's the basis of how TV programs work. Same applies for any show on any network that does poorly.

Screechingjdp2

[16]Oct 12, 2007
    djariya wrote:
    I just hate reading comments about FOX loves to cancel good shows. Alot of people who make these comments are so uninformed on how the TV business works.

1. You cannot keep a show on the air that doesn't make money. The ratings are so important to a show's survival. If Nielsen familes aren't watching K-Ville or any FOX show, advertisers won't pay for the show and the show and network loses money. It's business.

2. If your the president of FOX and are paying over $2M an episode for K-Ville and the ratings suck and no advetiser wants to buy spots during it, how can you justify keeping it on the air? Networks need to make money off shows they buy. You cannot air an episode of K-Ville with no advertiser support....simple as that. That's the basis of how TV programs work. Same applies for any show on any network that does poorly.

You're right, but so are some people. The problem is that lots of us are seeing one side of this. The thing is that we're all right, at least a little bit. Yes, the show has to make money and advertisers have to want to put ads for it, but it's also high time that network execs hold on to a show for more than 5 episodes if it has potential. I really like this show, and they could do a lot with it. The best part is that it's telling a story none of us know much about - Post-Katrina New Orleans. That alone should give it a little more value to the execs. Yes, it should make money, but they should also give it the potential to get there. I wouldn't mind watching it in a new time slot. In fact, I DVR it anyway, so I could catch it at whatever time slot.

Bottom line: there's a lack of quality shows. I don't see why so many people consistently watch 'Dancing with the Stars', 'The Bachelor', 'Deal or No Deal', 'Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?', etc. when there are such good shows that get no ratings attention whatsoever, like Prison Break, K-Ville, Chuck, 30 Rock, The Office, etc.

serpentslair645

[17]Oct 21, 2007
    I hope fox is patient with this show

Screechingjdp2

[18]Oct 22, 2007
    serpentslair645 wrote:
    I hope fox is patient with this show

Apparently, they've ordered additional scripts.