K-Ville Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

I like this Show, but it was badly Casted

Undernet01

[1]Oct 2, 2007
    • level: 5

Personally, Anthony Anderson has been doing Comedy waaaaay too long that people just start stereotyping him as a Comedic Actor. I look at him in a Drama Series and laugh as I watch him attempt a serious role. I think the Creator of this show must be some hardcore Anthony Anderson fan, because he was the wrong choice to pick for K-Ville.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Oct 2, 2007
    • level: 45
    Well I haven't had an over load of Anthony Anderson comedy so i'm a little more open minded I guess. I think he's doing great a bit over the top to being a jerk to anyone who doesn't agree with him but other than that I don't see the problem.

NolaBlog

[3]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 1
    Undernet01 wrote:

Personally, Anthony Anderson has been doing Comedy waaaaay too long that people just start stereotyping him as a Comedic Actor. I look at him in a Drama Series and laugh as I watch him attempt a serious role. I think the Creator of this show must be some hardcore Anthony Anderson fan, because he was the wrong choice to pick for K-Ville.

Hiya ~

Actually, Anthony Anderson took on a very serious, dramatic role on "The Shield." He played the character well ~ receiving excellent reviews from critics and viewers.

Cordially ~

Kandye

http://www.nola-blog.blogspot.com

Edited on 10/03/2007 4:40am
    Edited 2 total times.

avi01

[4]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 26
    When I first saw Anthony Anderson on the promo pic, I thought it was actually a comedy show but anyway he is doing good in K-Ville ...for the moment.

Milks23

[5]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 50
    Undernet01 wrote:

Watch Season 4 of the Shield and you will change your mind.

That's exactly what I thought, when I saw him on the Shield...but he blew my mind. His not someone like Jim Carrey who can only play comedy movies.

Tony is a bad *ss

He also impressed me on K-Ville

Special-K99

[6]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 6
    He was SOOOOOOOOOOO nasty on The Shield as Antwon Mitchell. First time I'd seen him. So this serious role was appropriate casting in my view. I love this show! Though after watching Transformers I can see how he adapts easily to comedy.
    Edited on 10/04/2007 1:27pm

crimsonfairy

[7]Oct 5, 2007

Special-K99 wrote:
    He was SOOOOOOOOOOO nasty on The Shield as Antwon Mitchell. First time I'd seen him. So this serious role was appropriate casting in my view. I love this show! Though after watching Transformers I can see how he adapts easily to comedy.

In my opinion I think he is awesome in this role. He is very versatile and it is nice to see someone have the chance to play a variety of roles. This can only help him get bigger and better movie roles. I really enjoy this show and I think the actors can act so I pray the show will be a hit.

MrShotShot

[8]Oct 8, 2007
    • level: 15

I had never seen him before I saw him on the Shield. In fact, when I saw him playing the computer geek in Transformers, I thought it seemed weird that he wasn't playing a tough guy.

To each his own I guess.

bnjay29

[9]Oct 8, 2007

avi01 wrote:
    When I first saw Anthony Anderson on the promo pic, I thought it was actually a comedy show but anyway he is doing good in K-Ville ...for the moment.
    I thought the exact same thing but when I saw the promos I said ok, I haven't watched prime time shows in a long time. So I decided to give it a try. So far it's got me hooked. Just because he was well known for comedy doesn't mean he can't do more dramatic roles too. But being known for comedy, it would be ironic if this show way outlasts his previous show: A comedy called All about the Andersons.

Personally, I hope it does because I like it. I finally have something to watch in prime time. That and Bionic Woman.

serpentslair645

[10]Oct 21, 2007
    • level: 6
    I always viewed Anderson as a comedian but was impressed in the shield and he is OK in k-Ville

D-LinkUK

[11]Oct 27, 2007
    • level: 24

When I first saw K-Ville advertised with Anthony Anderson in it I thought comedy drama also, he has been in a few comedy films and shows but has also been in Cradle 2 The Grave, Exit Wounds and The Departed.

It was Cole Hauser who I couldn't place and then realised he was in Pitch Black and also in Tears of the Sun with Bruce Willis.