K-Ville Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Official Episode Discussion for the Pilot on 9-17-07

Brunete20

[1]Aug 25, 2007
    • level: 63
    Please discuss your thoughts about the pilot episodehere. This thread may contain spoilers.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Michael85224

[2]Aug 25, 2007
    • level: 12
    I really really liked this pilot. I think that Anthony Anderson did an excellant job as well as Cole Hausser. The cinenamotography for this show is just amazing. It is also set in New Orleans too. So that is a definate plus considering most shows are filmed in California. I hope this lasts for a while. Buy a DVR if your afraid you will miss Heroes you can record two shows at one time. This show should last.

Formula_50

[3]Aug 25, 2007
    • level: 3
    I've posted directly to Fox that this episode is a C+ at best. The cast are not established well. The plot was paper thin. The Shield pilot started right in the thick of tension. The mercs should have gotten away. There needs to be a central villian to focus on or this show will wash out. Viewers will immediately tune away from a drunk cop and a mysterious partner. The writers should not have exposed his partner's past so soon either.

maxmet31

[4]Aug 25, 2007
    • level: 6

I thought it was a great pilot, and the fact that New Orleans has such a big part in th show makes me pray that FOX will keep this series going with even mediocre ratings (but i think it will have great ratings).

Great Episode, Great Acting, Great City=FANTASTIC SHOW!!!!

Preboomer

[5]Aug 29, 2007
    • level: 8
    maxmet31 wrote:

I thought it was a great pilot, and the fact that New Orleans has such a big part in th show makes me pray that FOX will keep this series going with even mediocre ratings (but i think it will have great ratings).

Great Episode, Great Acting, Great City=FANTASTIC SHOW!!!!

I so agree that this is a well above average show.With the second year since Katrina anniversary here,

the whole area is getting loads of news coverage. Do hope this will help gain more interest in the show.

There is quite a bit of buzz on the Fox/K-Ville Website too.

If people would just take the opportunity Fox is giving them to see the pilot they would become fans.

All the actors seemed to fit their characters. I liked Charlie too, he was so sad. I wonder how many

thousands of people were torn as he was.

tvloverduh

[6]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 22
    I thought it was good BUT this show like Vanished in 2006 & Reunion in 2005 doesn't have a chance. It feels like a new FOX show that will last 4 episodes and then get canned unless it becomes the next Prison Break BUT we will see. FOX had only one new show they kept (Till' Death) and they only kept it because they didn't want to say they have no new show.

Milks23

[9]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 50

That was the great pilot.

This show has potential......hopefully they won't screw it up.

EJamison

[10]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 17
    I don't hate it enough to give up on it but I didn't love it. The way of speaking may be accurate, but it's hard for me to listen to. I don't know whether to buy that a criminal could become a cop like this. Generally, I don't particularly enjoy grittiness.

danharr

[11]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 45
    Very good pilot and although the ensemble cast isn't fleshed out our stars Cole and Anthony are presented very well and that's pretty much all that matters for now. The plot was easy to figure out I knew it was real estate related shortly into the show but the daughter doing it and her reasoning was a good twist. I also don't think we need a recurring bad guy to make the show work see Csi, Law and Order, Without a Trace, and a ton of other cop show's I won't add. Nice start although I don't have confidence in this show on it's own I think the Prison 'Break crowd will keep it around for a while.

crownjewel82

[12]Sep 17, 2007
    Yea it's got a lot of problems particularly some that were mentioned about the storyline. But I'm willing to give it a shot for a few weeks at least. I'll be making good use of the VCR and downloads so I don't miss heroes. What were they thinking putting it at the same time as the best show on tv.

Zoolander53

[13]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 10
    I liked it.. and since I don't watch heroes, I'll be tuning in. Plenty of twists to keep me thinking, at one point I was convinced the first part of the season was going to be about a private corporation trying to take over New Orleans, clearly I was wrong. Is this going to be a procedural show where they deal with something different every episode?

tjaman

[14]Sep 18, 2007
    • level: 32
    Deeply disappointed. What wasn't just cliche seemed like actual exploitation. I wish New Orleans all the very best, but I don't think this show with its drunken hotheaded out-of-hand cops is it. Buh-bye, "K-Ville."

(and no, K-fans, I won't let the door smack my ass on my way out. Keep on loving it for however it's speaking to you for however long FOX keeps it on the air. Just ... fair comment, y'know?) Cya.

SupermanNYC

[15]Sep 18, 2007
    • level: 45
    I have mixed feeling about this show. You see them shooting at someone and then the next thing you know, they are in a car chase. Then there's the matter of the ex. con who's a cop! How long can he keep that up. Anderson I like very much and will try to support his leading role, but as we all know, this show is running up against Heroes and this will add more to the killing of this show. I somewhat enjoyed this episode.

Preboomer

[16]Sep 18, 2007

I really like the show. A great deal of past story was covered in a very effective way. Keep

in mind that had 43 to 45 minutes to cover past of central characters and co stars as well try

to get viewers who are not from area to have a feel for what it has been like post Katrina

and flooding. I thought that was done in an excellent manner. I'll be tuned in next Monday to

see where Boulet , Cobb, and gang go from here.

RTTV989

[17]Sep 18, 2007
    • level: 21
    I dont know about this show yet. The pilot was kinda of dissapointing. I like fast paced shows but this was almost too fast and hectic. I also like other people found it odd how they would reveal the past of Cobb so early. I dont see much room for character development. I also dont get the show to much either, Is it going to have one central plot with sub plots around it. Im not sure, I will give it some weeks as it does look to have some potential.

george91910us

[18]Sep 20, 2007
    • level: 54
    I found the pilot interesting, more iso than I thought I would when I first read about it. Can it only be two years since Katrina? I think this series is important in a way. It may keep the people in New Orleans the rest of our minds and hearts.

DeathAngel2323

[19]Sep 21, 2007
    I thought the pilot was ok but it always takes me a couple of episodes to get used to and start liking a new show. I didn't like the way the car chases were established by having the two heroes suddenly appear in their car chasing after the bad guys even though they were on foot shooting at them only a second earlier. This happened twice in one episode which is annoying. Maybe they will keep on doing this throughout the show. I found the action elements hard to follow exactly what was going on and that is never good. I would give it a 6/10. I will watch the next two episodes at least.

sandydawn

[20]Sep 25, 2007
    pretty good pilot i just hope it keeps up