K-Ville Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Who's gonna watch this?

stephmcg37

[21]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 9
    I will watch this only because Anthony Anderson is playing one the major characters.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Corko21

[22]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 11

Even though I despise Fox for what they've done to the majority of their good shows (Namely "Drive") I am planning on watching this show. It sounds cool, plus Cole Hauser is good in pretty much every role I've seen him in, and Anthony Anderson should be good as a cop (who isn't a complete mess-up) kind of the opposite of Antwoine in S4 of the Shield.

djariya

[23]Jul 12, 2007
    • level: 19
    I think this will make a good combination with Prison Break on Monday nights unlike Vanished last season. Vanished was doomed because of bad acting, a bad lead actor and being a serial drama.

If this show stays in the procedural format, I can see it lasting a full season.

joshjr

[24]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 12
    I plan on watching it. I find it interesting that two guys that have been bad guys are playing good guys for a change. One of them was Carter in 2 Fast 2 Furious and the other was Antwon Mitchel on the Shield. It looks fantastic. I will be watching.

NewOrleansgirl

[25]Jul 18, 2007
    • level: 1

Let me be the first person, who has grown up and lived in NOLA their entire life, to be the one to thank you. You couldn't be more wrong about the city, the people or the city's fertile history. Do you know the value of New Orleans? Not only to the people of NOLA, but to our country? You may want to check you history facts b-4 stating what you have, as well! Most of New Orleans is NOT below sea level. Contact your state reps and ask them to allocate the money to maintain our precious city, and ask them to help stop coastal erosion. Colorado will one day be great Gulf front beach property if we keep up the neglect!! We have been asking for this for years. This could have been prevented. Why live anywhere, given your mentality? Do you live where you're safe from fires, earthquakes, tornadoes orwinter storms? Let me know....cuz I'm moving there!

On another note, yes, I will be watching. I'm curious to see if anyone, on tv shows or in the movies, can actually get our accent right! So far, these cats sound like they have it. Thank God! Now, if they can get the stories to reflect what's really going on down there, then maybe,

(BIG MAYBE), we won't be victimized by theBS stories that are already out there. Can't wait, it looks good.

maxmet31

[26]Jul 21, 2007
    • level: 6
    Strongly agree with NewOrleansgirl. I used to live in New Orleans for a long time. But I just want to ask you one question, what would America be like without New Orleans??? If you aren't going to live in a city because of possible disasters, then why do people still live in NYC after 9-11, why do peole live in California with earthquaks, because we have love for the cities we live in, and there is a connection the cities have with there people. New Orleans is a perfect example of that, people will come back, they will, I promise!!

Watch this show for the city of New Orleans!!!

yankeesrj12

[27]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 5
    im going to watch it

Koolkrazykid55

[28]Aug 11, 2007
    • level: 7
    you are crazy. i want to wacth this show, btu know one will the 2nd episode becasue of Heroes. Notrhing will ever beat that time slot

Preboomer

[29]Aug 12, 2007
    • level: 8
    I am so looking forward to this show. Love Anthony Anderson ..he was one of the highlights in Transformers. Really enjoy John Carroll Lynch's work. In Volcano he makes my eyes tear up everytime I see his final scene. Plus the other star of the series will be N.O. herself.

Dawnsdinosaurs

[30]Aug 12, 2007
    • level: 40

danharr wrote:
    I'll watch it the only thing that makes me nervous is that it's on fox if 15million people don't turn up by the second episode the show is history

That is definitely an unfair statement. Prison break generally doesn't get over 10 million and that's in it's 3rd season. I personally hate PB and wish they would drop it.

Dawnsdinosaurs

[31]Aug 12, 2007
    • level: 40

I will more than likely give it a chance, the biggest problem this show has is that it's called K-ville. Sorry but the fact is that people not in New Orleans are a little sick of hearing about it and don't get it. Just like the people outside of the New York area really don't get the WTC buildings not being there and don't really want to hear about that either.

The thing is this may be a good show but a lot of people won't watch because even in the title and description they are using Katrina. Why can't they just call it a police drama in New Orleans. Of course some episodes will have something to do with Katrina just like all the L&O shows had something about 9/11, but that shouldn't be the focus of the show.

Preboomer

[32]Aug 15, 2007

Dawnsdinosaurs wrote:

I will more than likely give it a chance, the biggest problem this show has is that it's called K-ville. Sorry but the fact is that people not in New Orleans are a little sick of hearing about it and don't get it. Just like the people outside of the New York area really don't get the WTC buildings not being there and don't really want to hear about that either.

The thing is this may be a good show but a lot of people won't watch because even in the title and description they are using Katrina. Why can't they just call it a police drama in New Orleans. Of course some episodes will have something to do with Katrina just like all the L&O shows had something about 9/11, but that shouldn't be the focus of the show.

It is impossible to tell any story aboutthe NewOrleans without seeing the effects of the hurricane called Katrina.

The ability of law enforcement to do its job is still severely limited.Everything in that area has changed

and will continue to change.

The New Orleans of the past is a part of the cultural heritage and history of the United States.

I hope we as a nation can save as much of the history and heritage of New Orleans as is possible.

I also hope new homes can be found for the thousands of displaced people of New Orleans that

stilk want to gohome. 9/11 took out two buildings , many many lives and the morale of the country.

Katrina took out the entire city of New Orleans.

By the way as a footnote to 9/11 the NOFD and PD were some of the first outside aid to hit NYC.

They stood side by sidewith NYPD.The city of NO sent caravans of food and cooks to prepareit.

I think this will make a most interesting back ground for telling the story of the men and women

who want to be able to live safely in their home town.

I will be watching. By the way I am not a citizen of NO or the state of La.

I guarantee there will be loads more things happening in K-Ville the series

then sobbing over flooded areas.

trayce13

[33]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 13
    I think that the show looks good. I like Cole Hauser (I always think of Dazed and Confused when it comes to him) and Anthony Anderson.He was great on The Shield and on Law and Order SVU.

jackisalegend

[34]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 3
    Now that I have checked out the previews I am excited for this show... Its on at a good time as well, just after prison break.

Fwirrel

[35]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 52
    I'm not planning to watch it. It just looks like another crime fighting show. There's a dozen of them out there. What makes this one different? I admit it sounds a little interesting to be set in New Orleans, but it still doesn't interest me enough to watch it.

hcbuck

[36]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 6

I am certainly going to watch this. I am looking forward to this new show more than any other that is going to be premiering.

Yes, it is another cop show, but that won't make it any less good. Networks have no problem bringing on new reality shows every fifteen minutes, so a new cop drama isn't a bad thing at all.

Besides, I'm interested in seeing Anthony Anderson in a dramatic role. I think he's going to be wonderful.

snap1732

[37]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 3
    i could'nt of said it better

SupermanNYC

[38]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 45
    I will. I love cop shows.

Preboomer

[39]Aug 23, 2007
    hcbuck wrote:

I am certainly going to watch this. I am looking forward to this new show more than any other that is going to be premiering.

Yes, it is another cop show, but that won't make it any less good. Networks have no problem bringing on new reality shows every fifteen minutes, so a new cop drama isn't a bad thing at all.

Besides, I'm interested in seeing Anthony Anderson in a dramatic role. I think he's going to be wonderful.

I just watched the entire pilot on Fox On Demand and it was awesome. AA does a great job as a flawed

dedicated police officer, and a loving father and husband. Then of course he carries off the take no

prisoner alpha male.

It was a great episode and I did need tissue for a couple scenes. It is not just another cop show either.

You need a seatbelt to stay in your chair during car chases. Guess you figure I really like it..I do.

New Orleans is a co-star and does an outstanding job.

Edited on 08/23/2007 4:14pm

djariya

[40]Sep 5, 2007
    • level: 19
    Some of the positives I see:

1. It's not set in Los Angeles or New York like most cop shows
    2. It's helping the city of New Orleans by pumping $15M into the economy
    3. FOX normally wants show's they green light shot in Los Angeles, but they are actually spending money to have an entire season shot on location in New Orleans.