K-Ville

No Good Deed

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 08, 2007 on FOX

• Boulet and Cobb investigate a murder that appears to have links to VooDoo. Cobb's past comes back to haunt him.

Best episode yet in a great series. This one started fast and strong and was consistent in its storytelling and performance. It also looked absolutely terrific. the intertwining of personal story lines with the crime investigation was very well done. Anthony Anderson and Cole Hauser continue to give outstanding performances and have great chemistry together. John Carroll Lynch, who is always great, is a standout in this episode as well. The scenes of the French Quarter and Faubourg Merigny in New Orleans show off the city in its best light. If K-Ville had a stronger lead in show and wasn't playing opposite football, baseball, dancing with the stars and Heroes, it would be a huge hit.
  • Voodoo is the name of the game in this weeks episode.

Boulet and Cobb try to track down a suspicious murder involving a night club owner and Voodoo magic, however not all's what it seems when they uncover the murder victims true identity and find she's on the run from her abusive husband

We also find out that Cobb has a soft side when he try's to help his dead ex cellmates wife out by giving her money that was stolen from a bank robbery , when she's caught and brought to holding cell Cobb is placed in a difficult situation, should he let her take the rap or come clean to his Captain about his past, Boulet however saves to day one again.

The show is starting to take shape and starting to pick up with each episode however rumours are it could be cancelled, I for one hope not.
  • A pretty good episode despite my rating and classification I enjoyed it a lot. In this episode the stars storm issues are put to rest. Cobb comes to terms with the wife of the man he

A pretty good episode despite my rating and classification I enjoyed it a lot. In this episode the stars storm issues are put to rest. Cobb comes to terms with the wife of the man he killed. After almost sending her to jail for a long time thanks to some old money from a robbery. Boulet finally forgive Charlie for deserting him and the force during the aftermath of the hurricane. Sadly Boulet had to make himself look like an adulterer to save Cobb but seeing how they were going to save Cobb was fun. Not a bad episode just didn't leave me with something wowing like the previous two.
  • Voodoo? no voodoo

The No Good Deed was probally the best we're going to see from this short lived series.
    As reports are coming out that K-ville is getting the axe at the end of October.

I really didn't care for the whole Voodoo murder case, as I was hoping it would be an actual voodoo case, since it is New Orleans.

But I was glad they finally visited the Lafayette cemetery, as the show needed to branch out into the real city of New Orleans.

I thought the most interesting thing was finding more about Cobb's past and passing off the marked bills to A.J.

This episode felt more in the line of how the show should be as the post Katrina/clean up the city show they were advertising.
    The past epsiodes, just didn't convey that.

The worst thing about this episode was Cobb's discovery about the autopsy, with the metal detector.
  • voodoo

We meet Sonny's wife in this episode. And we see that Cobb really does have a sensitive side. He dug up some old money he had stashed and made sure she got it and that she was taken care of becuase he promised Sonny. But turns out the money was stolen and they brought Sonny's wife in. But as it turns out that Cobb is a good guy.

The murder was kind of weird. The scene was staged to look like voodoo to implicate her ex girlfriend. It turns out that voodoo wasn't even involved in the murder it was just jealous ex-husband.

Boulet took one for Cobb and I can't believe he did it.
  • more character development....

7.9
    The NOPD are called in to investigate a murder that looks like voodoo, but it isn't. It turns out to have been a runnaway battered wife that's ex-husband finally caught up to her. The case in this episode wasn't that interesting. The character development was a bit more interesting. Cobb got the money that Sunny robbed from a bank and he gave it to his ex-wife. The ex-wife is brought in because the money was tagged, but Boulett confesses to giving her the money and she is let off. It was interesting to see that Boulett took the blame for Cobb even though Cobb was about to confess. It was good character development. Overall, ok episode.
  • Where was the voodoo

7.3
    They promoted the voodoo aspect of the murder in the promos and I was expecting multiple murders related to voodoo. Nope -- Nada. The whole voodoo thing was eliminated within the first five minutes of the episode.

What was left was a public service episode on domestic violence and all the good deeds of rebuilding a post-Katrina New Orleans. I was looking forward to the show finally showcasing what makes Louisiana and especially New Orleans special -- its rich culture and history. Basically I was hoping for them to explore the voodoo culture and maybe some history of New Orleans.

Not a great episode -- hopefully they do better in the future.
  • An average murder episode.

The plot & teleplay take what is otherwise an average episode an elevate it to something a tad more. Dialogue is average at best, while most scenes are limited by the lack of any real action or intrigue. Even the voodoo link is tenuous at best and is quickly discarded as the real reason behind the murder becomes apparent.

This is strictly a follow-the-breadcrumbs story, when practically none of the clues, events or scenes attempt to distract us from the core plot. Action on the ground is limited.

It is only a few degrees above being a filler episode. Perhaps though the most important events in this episode are the ones affecting Cobbs and his attempt to help out the friend in prison he had to kill in order to survice the flood.

Definitely not as good as the first three episodes.