K-Ville

Pilot

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Sep 17, 2007 on FOX

• Det.Martin Boulet and his new, mysterious partner, Trevor Cobb, struggle in post-Katrina NO. Boulet must fight not only with the normal crimes of an almost lawless town, but with hired mercinery killers who are trying to destroy what he holds most dear.

Too much crammed in for a pilot. We have no idea what we're in for. The plot was confusing and mucked up with sub-plots. It's a pilot, not a feature film. The writing needs serious work. That all being said, the acting and gorgeous shots of New Orleans give me hope for the show.

Boulet may be the lead, but he has too much on his plate here and seems unhinged at many points. Anderson is doing all he can with awful writing, but there's only so much he can do. Trevor Cobb is going to upstage Boulet, I'm guessing, again and again. He's dark, he's smarter, he's got secrets, and he doesn't wear his emotions on his sleeve. If they keep him as quiet as they did in this episode, only speaking out when he actually has information his colleagues or audience need to know, his good looks and brevity are going to be greatly appreciated. At least by me.

Basically, I think the show could do a lot of good for New Orleans and for these actors. However, it won't unless it finds a pace that can be lived with and hires some new writers.