Kyle XY

Bringing Down the House

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 16, 2009 on ABC Family

• Kyle strives to stop Latnok from making a clone factory out of his DNA. And the love triangle between Jesse and Amanda gets reformed. Fade to black!

This is my first and probably only review I'll end up doing for Kyle XY. You don't have to have been a viewer for a long time to realize while watching this that this episode had been intended as a season and not a series finale.

It was very rushed. They at times almost skipped over scenes and we had to take their word for it that things happened. So, at first you might have had the impression that maybe they reworked this episode due to the cancellation but once you watch the whole thing sadly we would have been mistaken.

As a viewer who only started watching around the middle of season 2 I know I missed things that might have been significant. Maybe how Amanda went by the window. And references to Kyle's creator. But this was such a great show in one of the worst time slots you could possibly have. Only my DVR allowed me to watch it and that was for the replay mind you! By the way I am really mad as I fastforwarded through the commercials at the shows they advertised as Kyle XY's replacement.

It was bittersweet and the ending was very eerie. There was a moment of time I thought everyone except Kyle might have been dead. And than he had his supposed brother in a chokehold and family / shmamily if I was Kyle I would have killed him and turned his atoms into bird feed. But alas we're not going to find out what happens next. I have a feeling Kyle wouldn't have done it. They would have had someone else do it for him. And the cop out jury is out on who Kyle was going to end up being with. Jesse or Amanda. By the end I felt like I was holding an onion ring for a second. Like I was looking right through the hole and had gone full circle and was left nowhere. Now, the only finale we're going to have is only in our dreams.