Kyle XY Forums

ABC Family (ended 2009)

"Bringing Down the House" Series Finale Official Discussion (Spoilers)

elainecleo

[61]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 9
    bmlv29 wrote:
    ...WTF!?

And I have to agree with you on this...that ending was very bad, unless they hope some other station may pick it up and I would love that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dreamofanotaku

[62]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 2
    mystc_maelstorm wrote:
    hopefully when i wake up tommorow i will forget all about this
    yeah me too but I know I'm going to be just as pissed in the morning as soon as I remember. I'm trying to get my mind off of it but it's not really working. I seriously almost set something on fire. Would have too if there was something outside for me to light.

aintthatapip

[63]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 6

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

PhanTomeKXY

[64]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 1
    Is this the "serious FOLLY" (Oh! How do you spell that?)? This is as bad as the Pretender series. I feel that I have wasted my time keeping up with the series.

wingsabre

[65]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 13
    They better do a TV movie. Seriously, this is so annoying.

As for everyone who couldn't believe that the series ended like this, and can't believe that these soulless bastards would do this to their fans, realize that they are soulless bastards who only care about money. Its been done before, and it'll be done again. Happened to Alf, btw.

red_flava87

[66]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 28
    ...And then all hell broke loose!!! The END!!!~!

Arrgh!! WTF... that aint no series finale in my book!!
    Like what happened with Amandan and Jessi, and Kyle's "mom",and the freakin formula, and who wins Latnok or Kyle, and will Kyle cross to the Dark side and kill his... bro-bro.. Cassidy -__- ??

One thing I liked though, how Cassidy was all threathning and went all lovy-dovy-bro-dont-kill-me-we're-family... hihihi

Like Damn... couldn't this show ha a full season to at leat end it the right way! I'm standing here and still looking forward to the next episode... but there aint gonna be NONE... EVER AGAIN!!~!

HappyGirl818

[67]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 10

Okay I'm just as upset as all of you, but I'm going to start off generally discussing my likes and dislikes just like if it were any other episode (oh how I only wish) but the rant is coming.

This was actually a good episode if it had been a season finale like they intended it to be. I'm a major dorkalicous fan girl when it comes to Kyle and Jessi so most of my points will probably be about them. I loved their hug in the first few minutes of the episode. It was so amazingly sweet. And then when she walked in on him shirtless and started checking him out and was like, "your arms are growing" and she started touching him all over. The whole thing about his liabdo was hilarious along with their little talk about weed. Those moments just gotta make you love Jessi even more. And the light breaking kiss was so awesome! How could Kyle have any doubts about who he should be with after that! Even though we got no real closure on who he'd be with I'm going to chose to believe it would have eventually been Jessi, and I was glad at least that was Kyle's last kiss.

The Kyle and Amanda scene didn't bug me as much as I thought it would, and I was glad that their kiss seemed like more of a goodbye thing to me. Even though clearly Amanda doesn't want it to be goodbye (but will we ever know how that plays out NO!). We really didn't get to see much of the rest of the family, which really didn't bug me that much, the Josh and Andie stuff was cute and what not. And I liked that little scene of Declan and Kyle breaking into Cassidy's cause it was just like old times like Declan said. I'm still not sure if I trust Mark, and I actually loved the Jessi/Amanda stuff even if it was kind of weird. I don't know it felt like Jessi going to save her really showed how far she's come as a person, and it was nice to see them somewhat getting along. Nicole telling Kyle he's become a different person made me mad I was like talking at my T.V (cause I do that sometimes) "Uhh well Kyle is awesomely bada$$ now Nicole deal with it" because seriously I wouldn't want Kyle going back to being all goody goody like he was before.

I gotta throw this in here but did anyone else find the idea of a whole bunch of Kyle clones to be hilarious other than me? Like right after he said they were cloning him I couldn't stop laughing. I was texting my cousin as we both watched it and she agreed asking me, "couldn't you just see a thousand Kyle's all yelling 'Juice Me!' ?" And then I proceeded to laugh a lot more. Oh and am I alone in thinking all Kyle should wear is black? I totally think it's his color.

Now Kyle's whole showdown with Cassidy was awesome (though I looked at the clock and was sad cause I knew it was going to end badly). However I was a little annoyed that Jessi couldn't sense he was in danger I mean she sensed it every other time, but I guess there wouldn't have been time to fit something like that in so whatever. I was like cheering when Kyle hit him and was like "the old me would have never done something like this" like literally I was yelling at the TV "woot woot! Go Kyle!!" And then Cassidy mumbled that brother crap and it's over, "angry sigh" and so the rant begins.....

I cannot believe ABC Family would leave it like that! They couldn't at least have ordered another little 10 episode season!! It's their own fault for the ratings slipping due to their lack of promotion and making us wait 9 months for a new season! Kyle XY was really their first big hit and this is how they choose to send it off! On a cliff hanger! I'm so upset that they could do that to us fans!!!! I have so many questions! Mainly I want to know who Kyle would have been with in the end! There was still so much that could have been done! I'm still holding onto the vain hope that sci fi or something will pick it up even though I know it's not likely. I just really wanted some form of closure. I feel empty inside after watching that. It reminded me how I felt after Veronica Mars and Gilmore Girls ended. Which was unsatisfied. It was a good episode but a terrible terrible ending. There's just no other way to put it.

Oh my this I do believe is my longest post for anything...ever lol But the last episode of Kyle XY merits it.

Jensenelle

[68]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 7
    I am not gonna get too mad on that.. I am giving 1 month of my patience and wait for news about them doing a real series finale... this was mid-season cliffhanger... no finale. If nothing happens, then... this really sux!

HolyPenguin

[69]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 12
    They could have ended the show very well if they only changed the 5-10 last minutes.
    What should have happened:
    Kyle finished destroying any way to clone him.
    Kyle chose between amanda and jessi (I assume he chose jessi).
    Tom Foss shot Cassidy after he had shocked Kyle the second time.

So, I better pretend that's what happened, instead of pissing off.

Tsanii

[70]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 10
    I just had a rage blackout after that ending. Seriously. WHAT. THE. HELL!?

*flail*

freeofcharge

[71]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 7
    I will agree that this is one of the worst endings on a TV show I've ever seen in my life. "She's your mother too......I'm your brother." Blackout Total ripoff!! As much I as I hated this ending, who else loved the scene where Kyle punched Cassidy through the doors? That was just awesome! But yes, it goes to show the great shows never last.

acceleratum

[72]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 5
    Die ABC.

Another viewer u lost.

FeRRari02

[73]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 3
    ABC Family has just demoted itself in my mind to WORST TELEVISION NETWORK ever!!!!!!! lIKE for life. UGH! Why do they always do this? Have the lost their fricking minds????? UGH, obviously they dont care for my sanity

BabyG1989

[74]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 8
    I think my little brother is a precog or something because when the episode started my little brother said I hope they don't do like The Sopranos and end the show mid sen.............

After the episode ended I stood up and kept my cool then I shook my little brother and asked him what else did he know?

YumiandMe4ever

[75]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 35
    It was a good episode up until the ending, which would have been fine if they didn't cancel the show for two half-hour sitcoms. Every one mentioned all the new questions they introduced, but I don't think anyone mentioned the mysterious file Jessie found on Nate's computer, or what happens when he wakes up?

PhanTomeKXY

[76]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 1
    HappyGirl: I love people who can use a few words to get their point across. (puff, puff, whew! I'm exhausted.)
    Edited on 03/17/2009 8:36am

joeybrandojones

[77]Mar 17, 2009
    WAAAAAAAAAAAH, I want more. At least they should have made it a 2 hour series finale, that would work much better. And seriously, how the hell they are cont that junk Secret Life, and to think they made a 2 hr finale for that junk
    Edited on 03/17/2009 8:51am

LuckyLewis

[78]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 9

Like everyone else I am pissed at the fact that this is the series finale. If this was just the season finale as originally intended it would have gone down as one of the best episodes ever. Instead of realizing how great this episode is we are left with a sour taste in our mouths because we want closure. The station should have never waited 9 months to bring the show back. Why couldn't they have had 10 episodes in the fall and 10 episodes in the spring? The ratings would have probably been better and they wouldn't have lost so many fans. Unless they bring the show back I now have no reason to ever watch abc or abc family again. Too bad this abrupt ending is ruining such a great episode.

Edited on 03/17/2009 9:00am

jeayese

[79]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 2
    Just watched the Season Final... and...... I want to kick something anything...

ABC has done it again.. I wish NBC or FOX would pick this show up.

Stagg14

[80]Mar 17, 2009
    All in all, it was a good episode and if there was a season 4, then okay. But to end the show like that is messed up. They should at least do another episode or 2 and wrap everything up.