Kyle XY Forums

ABC Family (ended 2009)

"Bringing Down the House" Series Finale Official Discussion (Spoilers)

FeelTheNight

[101]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 1
    As soon as I heard of the cancellation, I quit watching the show! It's a great show with lots of storyline potential, but I knew I would be upset and disappointed by the ending because they obviously didn't have time to plan a satisfactory conclusion. This has happened to me so many times in the last couple of years that I've finally decided not to become involved with any new shows until they're almost guaranteed to be hits, and to quit watching current shows as soon as I hear of the cancellation. There's a lot less room for disappointment that way!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sark5

[102]Mar 18, 2009
    The Kyle xy this needing reinforcement, we go to save kyle xy sees link:

http://community.abcfamily.go.com/blogs/kyle-xy/writerco-producer-julie-plec-answers-questions-about-kyle-xy-finale

All I assist is welcome.

Superlinz21

[103]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 12

I was originally going to skip this episode, knowing there would be questions left unanswered, according to a report made after the cancellation was announced. But I couldn't skip it after watching the promo. I am highly disappointed with how it ended and sad that the show will no longer continue, especially with all the new questions that arose. Even with Julie Plec answering questions, it still doesn't change the fact we didn't get to see all this take place on tv.

But I guess one has to take the good with the bad, I mean, there were some awesome sequences that took place, the super jump, Kyle admitting he does indeed have feelings for Jessi, the light blowing out during he kiss, Jessi & Amanda teaming up to take down Nate...it may have ended crappy, and yes, a lot of these cool sequences could've led to pure greatness, but ABC Family, wants to stick to their guns and cut a great show. Overall, the episode wasn't bad, just didn't give this great show & the loyal fans the respectable farewell that is rightly deserved.

basenji529

[104]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 15

Well, at least it wasn't like The Sopranos, with everything ending in mid-sen...

rsnones

[105]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 11

layle1 wrote:
    Please use this thread for all discussion of the series finale, "Bringing Down the House." "Talk amongst yourselves… " –Linda Richman

This is no series finale of course, almost a finale season!!! We need more KYLE XY...ABC Family really sucks!!!

kylexyfan123

[108]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 5
    As far as I'm concerned Julie Plec's interview was not enough to satiate the yearning viewers. Yes it provided us with closure, but we never got to see these possibly brillant episodes with our own eyes. My only problem the fact that this interview took place is that now we know the ultimate outcome of each of the characters. We know what couples would have survived until the end. I saw the interview as them trying to make it up to us, but now if the show were to come back we'd know what the future would hold. If this series was renewed we would know how it would all end, the suspense factor is missing. Also that interview didn't satisfy all of my questions that I mentioned in my previous post. She also left some things very vague like how Cassidy would have tortured Kyle for the information or what Jessi and Nicole's agreement with Cassidy would have been. We never even got to meet Kyle's mother. I have very mixed feelings about this interview in general. Also it is very sad that I read somewhere that they had been planning for 9 seasons and the twists had just begun.
    Edited on 03/18/2009 3:29pm

Mikay

[109]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 17

Well, that truly sucked really didn't it. It sucked exponentially to the power 781227.

I cannot believe that ABC would air that knowing it is the series finale. It begs the question whether the network had actually SEEN the episodes before they cancelled it, because certainly the last few weeks have been very, very good.

Firstly, I thought this episode was hilarious. Some really funny lines in it, my favourite being, "I'll be in my room pretending I'm dead" and also when Jessi was talking about the weed which she learnt from cable. Ha ha. So many good bits.

I actually quite liked the resolution between Kyle/Jessi/Amanda. Okay, we didn't find out who ultimately ended with who, but it's the series finale, so a little ambiguity shouldn't go amiss. All we know is that Kyle has feelings for Jessi, and Amanda is willing to put up a fight. That's all -I- need to know; the rest can be made up in my head.

Josh and Andi had their resolution as well. They're going to work at their relationship.

Full flipping stop. Or as you Americans say... period.

Nothing else seemed resolved in my eyes. The Tragers! We got hardly any Lori love in this episode, nor any appearances from Foss or Hillary! I fully understand this was not intended as a series finale, but it does make me annoyed that the show was cancelled in the first place.

I was honestly watching the episode though, not knowing how long was left, and thought the "brother revelation" was simply at the end of a 'chapter' before the break.. and when the black never ended, I was just in shock. I fully expected to cry, but it never came because we were never given the chance.

As for that interview, some of it is fascinating. I'm not sure how much they would have stuck to this plan especially if the show had went for a projected five more years. I'm sure the network would never have agreed to letting Kyle travel the world sorting out famine, etc. >.< That would be the worst idea ever. I wish we hadn't been told who had been ultimately planned to end up with who either.

Gah, I'm very annoyed and as, like a lot have said, as a season finale it was amazing.. but to end the show on this note is an absolute travesty. I cannot believe it, I really can't.

Kyle XY is over guys.
    ensue tears...

ilani2004

[110]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 3
    They ended it as a cliff hanger for next season, I get that. But they also knew with anticipation that the series would end. They should of given us loyal Kyle XY viewers a proper and good ending. Not this! Yuck!

Jikiness

[111]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 7
    I can think of very few shows which have ended in a decent fashion ("Tilt" being the only show with a proper ending that i have seen). You just have to start expecting these unfortunate endings now-a-days when you start watching a new show with the networks chopping and changing shows all the time :\ Don't worry guys and girls, we will get over it

Sark5

[112]Mar 18, 2009
    Kyle XY: Petition to Continue ABC Family's Cancelled TV Show

http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/kyle-xy-petetion-to-continue-the-cancelled-abc-family-tv-show/

macjay33

[113]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 9

I've tapped my shoes three times. My eyes are shut and I open it and this show was still cancelled after ending on a season finale?

You mean to tell me they can make A Cinderella Story, Another Cinderella Story, Another Cinderella Story and 1/2 and they can't even make one more Kyle XY TV movie? Au Pair 4? I think I'm going to use my remote and block this channel for the good of all that's wholesome and good.

BAGTbird

[114]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 10

Are you sure you want to remove "ABC Family" from your list of favorites?

YES
    No

I think that says enough.

rubyfruit67

[115]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 14
    borgsyd wrote:
    **** great episode. great season finale. TERRIBLE series finale. SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH leaves me with more questions than i had before. WHy do these channels do this to us?

Answer: Because we are stupid enough to let them. We herd, like cattle, and so they shove us around.

IF more viewers would stand-up and demand to be counted properly THEN eventually we could change the system! (because the current ratings system is archaic and pointless in the age of DVR's, Tivo, Bit torrents, etc.)

And the shows that really matter to us would not get cancelled... or leave us hanging with (well-written, but half-a$$ed) episodes masquerading as a Series Finale!

It's time for the networks to abandon that ancient ratings system and listen to what the viewers are saying about our shows!!!

And Kyle XY deserves a proper send-off.

malkavthejester

[116]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 2
    They can't be serious. "Bringing Down the House" is the actual last episode ever, and it isn't a two-parter or anything? That looked like they were going to continue it in the next episode. If the series has to end, they can't just let it go like that. They have to resolve the thing between Kyle and Cassidy. I get that the writers probably didn't know this season was going to be the last, so they wrote a cliffhanger as if there was going to be another season. I get that, but can't they give us what would've been the first episode of the next season just to tie up this humongous loose end?

rubyfruit67

[117]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 14
    Jikiness wrote:
    I can think of very few shows which have ended in a decent fashion ("Tilt" being the only show with a proper ending that i have seen).

Six Feet Under is the only show I can think of that ever had a truly well-written, well-executed Series Finale.
    But that was done on a cable network.

We are dealing with an unfortunate off-shoot of a major network (ABC) here, so the possibility of getting to see the show as the writer's originally intended it has disappeared in a *poof* of advertising dollars...

But the really funny thing is just how few people actually watch the $tupid ad$ anymore.
    I haven't seen a commercial, real-time or recorded, in over 5 1/2 years!!
    Put that in your hat and wear it, ABC Family!
    I'm done with you.

poulters

[118]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 18
    just checking did i miss something kyle had cassiday around the throat and cassidy said he was his brother then it just ended. I had a whole pile of commericals after that did I miss a peace at the end. If not that was horrible no conclusions

brittanym1411

[119]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 17
    Is this like a joke, bacause i'm not laughing...

cinsiddy

[120]Mar 19, 2009
    brittanym1411 wrote:
    Is this like a joke, bacause i'm not laughing...

No joke...just painful painful reality.