Kyle XY Forums

ABC Family (ended 2009)

"Bringing Down the House" Series Finale Official Discussion (Spoilers)

AllieAllie

[121]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 22
    This is unfreaking believable. They're seriously going to end Kyle like this? I know that the producers obviously didn't think that this show would be cancelled, but I'm still plenty pissed. That was a total cliffhanger, and we'll probably never get all of our questions answered.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jack146

[122]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 11

"Rule No. 601: A man's (or woman's) DVD collection should be no larger than his book collection."

I can now buy half a DVD to match the half a book we just got from ABC Dysfunctional Family.

Edited on 03/20/2009 4:07pm

Water78

[123]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 47

Greek looks like a tv show.

Question what happened to Amanda in the end

Mishkai

[124]May 5, 2009
    • level: 4
    I knew it was going to be the last episode before I watched it and I was surprised at how awful it was. It was a great episode but an awful ending to a great show. I still had so many questions: "Will Kyle tell Amanda?" "What was in the box?" (that scene where Jessi first gets a glimpse in Kyle's brain of he and Amanda talking and Jessi opens the box and interrupts him saying "What was in the box?") This was such a BS way to end a show. Even not picking it up for a next season, ABC should have planned to give it a proper ending. I mean the season was only 10 episodes long anyway, they could have done a couple more and wrapped everything up beautifully.

akamidnight

[125]May 7, 2009
    • level: 13

I have a slightly off topic question regarding the pink growth stuff

Kyle stole all the info from ZZyzx, including the formula for the fluid. We know that Adam still had some, because he was healing himself with it, and it seemed that it was the same stuff Cassidy gave him to help Nicole. But Kyle erased all their drives and stole the back up data from Cassidy's home, so Latnok does have it anymore. What doesn't make sense is if they already had it, what were Kyle and Nate working on? It sounded like they were developing a growth formula thingy, but why...?

Plot hole? Or did I miss something major?

iaries

[126]May 9, 2009
    • level: 3
    akamidnight wrote:

I have a slightly off topic question regarding the pink growth stuff

Kyle stole all the info from ZZyzx, including the formula for the fluid. We know that Adam still had some, because he was healing himself with it, and it seemed that it was the same stuff Cassidy gave him to help Nicole. But Kyle erased all their drives and stole the back up data from Cassidy's home, so Latnok does have it anymore. What doesn't make sense is if they already had it, what were Kyle and Nate working on? It sounded like they were developing a growth formula thingy, but why...?

Plot hole? Or did I miss something major?

the accelerated growth formula was to be used in the new tanks so it wont take 16 yrs for the clones to mature, it will accelerate muscle mass but not brain tissue, hence the conversation kyle and nicole had about destroying the project.

it was kind of surprising that it was the series finale, it didnt even seem like a season finale as cliffhangers go, and come on, 10 eps? even mid season cut shows were 13 eps (for returning series in their 3rd season). however, i wasnt surprised it was ABC that did it, since they canceled CUPID in 1998 with Piven and Marshall. looks like kyle xy got the same deal.

Even tho i watch their shows, at least i'm not watching the ABC chnl and seeing their commericals... boycott ABC (the channel/network), i've been doing it since 1998. and honestly, i'm not missing much.

Gemma54

[127]Jul 10, 2009
    • level: 3
    Okay, So I'm going to be honest here. I loved the finale as much as I loved the whole show. But I seriously seriously DESPISE ABC Family for cancelling the best show ever. I mean, Ending it with Cassidy telling Kyle that he was his brother. WORST. ENDING. EVER. Seriously, WTH. I think that they could've done a really interesting ark next season and in so many different ways and I think my fanfiction just showcases some of those ways, I don't know what you guys thought about the finale. But I loved it, Not in the top 10 of the show though (Grounded LOVE.)