Kyle XY Forums

ABC Family (ended 2009)

how did it end?

jack756

[1]Aug 22, 2010
    • level: 14

did this show end on a cliff hanger (b/c ive been thinkin about getting this on dvd)?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Adokensan

[2]Aug 30, 2010
    • level: 10

This show ended with a giant cliffhanger. If you absolutely hate cliffhanger-endings, you shouldn't buy this series.

Emylizabeth

[3]Feb 4, 2011
    • level: 2

Yeah huge cliffhanger. but then again its the best show ive ever seen.

spudda32

[4]Feb 8, 2011
    • level: 7
    Absolutely one of the best shows ever.

The season 3 DVD does have a section on the future that the executive producers had planned if the show wasnt cancelled. It gives an idea of where it was going but its still bitter sweet.

Still one of my top 5 all time favorite shows

Just_Jos

[5]Oct 27, 2011
    • level: 11

Yeah the cliffhanger was terrible. Season 1 was the best season of the show, after that the show started to go downhill. Had the producers focused more on the sci-fi aspect and less on the teen drama junk, the show could have been more decent. You can tell they were going back to the sci-fi direction more in season 3, but by that time it was too little, too late, hence why the show ended in a cliffhanger.

fanboy34

[6]Sep 17, 2013
    • level: 11

I caught a single episode from early in the first season and thought it had promise. I'd missed the beginning of the story for those very first episodes so I thought I'd catch the whole thing later in a batch rather than plunge in midway. Then I noticed the teaser trailers seemed to start reminding me of Smallville with a slant towards the teen soap opera and away from the science fiction side so I never watched another episode. I just came here to see what the lasting impression was from people who had followed the show years later.

Two big knocks against my watching the series now are: the soap thing as you also noted; and, the bad cliffhanger non-ending. Thanks for saving me from many hours of ultimate frustration.