Kyle XY Forums

ABC Family (ended 2009)

Kyle XY Canceled: Time to Go?

Should Kyle XY be sticking around?

lilaholland

[1]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 30
    It's hard to say goodbye to an awesome show, but it's worse when something good goes bad. Do you guys think it was a good decision to cancel Kyle XY now rather than drag it out for another few seasons, or do you think the show still could have some life left in it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

No1Slayerette

[2]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 9
    I think it should be able to finish making the usual amount of episodes for the season and then wait and see. That way if the network still decides they want to end the show at the end of the season at least the writers are able to wrap up the storylines so that it's a fitting end to the series or otherwise if the shows ratings pick up over the season they would be inclined to continue it.

Demien-

[3]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 12
    Yes, it should have a few more good years!

Sherilan19

[4]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 4

Omg so unfair great show

nibwick3

[5]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 6
    Please, don't take Kyle XY away. My son and I really like this show.

lisarendini

[6]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 2
    No---No---No--!!!!!!! "Kyle XY must NOT go!!!

lukian17

[7]Feb 4, 2009
    well that SUCKS

tiredoldguy

[8]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 4

Once again a great show is going to be taken off the air to be replaced by some banal program, maybe another hour of Americas Favorite Videos (there's a real winner). The problem of course is that this is the ABC Family channel, which of course is a Disney product, which in turn means mega hit or no hit! I am so tired of seeing my favorite show replaced by crap. Its no wonder I watch more movies these days then anything else.

w3pcj

[9]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 1
    Would you be willing to spend $3 to save Kyle XY??? Send a bag of Sour Patch Kids to ABC Family, president. Let's have his office floor filled with boxes and boxes of our love for the belly-buttonless superhero. It will cost you 3 bucks to buy a bag and send it in the mail, small price to pay... If everybody who watches the show does it... that'd be one and a half million parcels of support. Here's his name and up to date address... Paul Lee c/o ABC Family 500 S Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521

Warrentonian

[10]Feb 4, 2009
    It's a great show and it deserves better. It has been badly managed by the producers, however. Maybe there was only partial buy-in by ABC. Whatever the case, it is hard to build and maintain a fanbase when you have only a dozen or so episodes each year. It's too long between seasons, and the viewers migrate elsewhere.

The network should have identified this as a promising show earlier and expanded the offering.

krussell47

[11]Feb 4, 2009
    This is a horrible move and I really hope another network sees the potential for this show and buys the rights to it.

Jenny8817

[12]Feb 4, 2009
    This is an awesome show it doesnt deserve to get canceled i mean come on first scifi takes dresden files and now this what is the world coming to
    Edited on 02/04/2009 9:05am

GYPSY269

[13]Feb 4, 2009
    I am sick and tired of my favorite shows being cancelled,,all the good science fiction shows disapear one after one after one,,,and i blame the fans,,,your not vocal enough about the shows you like,,other fans of other shows write in all the time,,bragging about their favorite star of the show,,,whats going on,,,plot twists,,etc,,,us we sit there and take it,,NOT ME!! i write and write and write,,i struggle to keep shows going,you ALL NEED TO DO IT TOO! if you dont want a show canceled you have to FIGHT FOR IT!!!

jmac6641

[14]Feb 4, 2009
    As far as I am concerned, and I admit to being in the minority, but this should have seen lights out after the 1st season. Not my favorite show t all.

luvunicorns

[15]Feb 4, 2009
    When I first started watching the series, it was shown on both ABC and ABCFamily. Now they want to cancel a great series that is interesting and fun. NBC canceled Jericho and Las Vegas without any wrap up or ending and now ABC is following suit with this wonderful series. These networks really should learn to appreciate the viewers.

IAmATVJunkie

[16]Feb 4, 2009

I saw this guy at Comic-Con a couple years ago and he looked 10 years older in person.

I don't think you would buy him as a teen if the show went on for too much longer.

thatmonkey

[17]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 10

As a man pushing 40, not a freak and not a pedophile I can say this was an amazing show. For it to reach of person of my demographic is had to be something special. I will say that the second season was a bit disappointing, but the 1st is classic and this season appears to be putting things back on track.

If you are listening ABC, this is my feedback. #1, I would consider a move to ABC from ABC family. Sorry, but it's easy to miss or overlook shows that far up the dial if the channel isn't a destination channel and I don't believe ABC family is such a channel.

#2, we need more Foss! Just like Christopher Walken needed more cowbell, we need more Foss.

#3, Boot Jessie in the ass. I see what you were trying to accomplish, but she blew the balance of the show and I hate to be rude, she's the least attractive female of the cast.

#4 Time to stop relying on the parents. Just like the original 90210, you need to make the show more about the kids and less about the adults, unless you want to work more of the mom angle with her practice, but that still needs to revolve around young adults.

You have a great show, you just lost a few people in season 2. bring back the original recipe and you have a hit. I'll take Kyle over Heroes, 2.5 men and terminator any day.

Too soon to give up.

txlucky1

[18]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 3
    I was just getting to enjoy the show thanks to the addition of Jessi. I love her dry sense of humor and Amanda is so blah. Kyle would end up resenting her inferiority. Flame away. I think Scifi should pick up the show. They need a new series and the fan base is a perfect fit.

Neogamer8

[19]Feb 4, 2009
    First off I like "Kyle XY" and hate that it is ending with this season. However, I can see why they would end it now. I would rather see "Kyle XY" end on a high note than be drug out for 5 more seasons. It has already lost some of its charm from the first season and I assume the ratings are down. As long as they can end it while wrapping up the big mysteries and questions that fans have, I will be content.

skeeter291

[20]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 60
    I would give it one more season or maybe a half a season to tie up all the loose ends and then call it a wrap.

Scott-