Kyle XY Forums

ABC Family (ended 2009)

Kyle XY Canceled: Time to Go?

Should Kyle XY be sticking around?

Dark_Davis

[21]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 19
    At first I had a bit of a problem with the show being cancelled but after the latest episode, I guess I can see why. It seems the show just isn't interesting anymore, it now tries to focus more on relationship problems then its sci-fi roots. I hope this season ends well, and that if the show doesn't come back, we at least have some closure, but I think the show has just run out of gas, and it might be time to let it go.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Cajungirl26

[22]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 33
    Another great show bites the dust. I don't like Greek, Lincoln Heights, or Secret Life so I guess ABC Family is going to be losing a viewer.

bmlv29

[23]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 6

I knew Kyle XY wasn't going to last years but cancelled, now? I'd be willing to watch one more season if the writers had more ideas or originality...

villamm

[24]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 1

yes, Kyle should be around,how would I spend my Monday nights if they cancel the show,

I don't think they're looking at the big picture here, there is more than a sci-fi show, is

a little bit of everything, and Matt Dallas does a marvelous job playing Kyle, I hope ABC

will listen to the public.

Maaadi

[25]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 3
    No Way I luv that Show
    Must B on fo alwayz!!

angelandspike

[26]Feb 5, 2009
    • level: 66
    I'm still enjoying the show and I think it should have been given a little more time. At least enough time to give some closure.

penelope1985

[27]Feb 5, 2009
    • level: 21
    to expect such a show to last for years on is ridiculous. but to give it maybe another 5 episodes to wrap up thats would be good. i read on tv guide this mornng that a rep from abc family said there's a hge cliffhanger at the end of the third season and he continued to say ''sorry'' . well thanks a lot i guess...

hunter_blake05

[28]Feb 5, 2009
    • level: 5
    what?.... they must to make another season like smallville... this show is great...

YamiNarutoBrief

[29]Feb 5, 2009
    • level: 42
    Oh great, another show they're cancelling on us.. What gets me the most is why are they getting rid of the good shows while keeping the ones that should never have been picked up after the pilot..?-_-

tanya7

[30]Feb 5, 2009
    i loved the show....plz dont go!!!...really cum as a shock..!!...

Pippy15

[31]Feb 5, 2009
    I'm not a kid either and i really love Kyle XY. How can ABC expect it to keep an audience when its been off the air for such a long time. Its getting to the point where i hate to invest my time in any new series. First Pushing Daisies, Ely Stone now Kyle

jaxjt

[32]Feb 6, 2009
    • level: 4
    Dear TV.Com, I definitely do NOT think "Kyle XY" should be canceled. I've seen some negative comments about the quality of the writing on the series this season, but all the shows I've seen seem to be well done, and reasonable. IF Kyle XY is canceled from the ABC Family Channel, at the end of this season (three?), I hope it moves to the Sci-Fi Channel or elsewhere, because it is far and above better than most of the Sci-Fi Channel's "original movies" shown on Saturday nights, and with its "super clone" theme, it fits right into the genre of the Sci-Fi Channel. Someone (CW, Bravo, USA, etc.?) should pick up Kyle XY, because it is a whole lot better than most of the "reality series" which are dominating major network programming in recent years.

Jemadari

[33]Feb 7, 2009
    • level: 12
    This show is intelligent and innovative so it was doomed from the start and it doesn't surprise me one bit that they would renew those stereotypical hormonfest shows that appeal to the idiot masses

-YoshiRPG-

[34]Feb 7, 2009
    We all need to work together to help save this show. Check out http://www.savethetub.com/ for more information on what you can do to help save Kyle XY.

TheGoateeStuff

[35]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 5
    Shows ending with cliffhangers is bad business. I'd think these networks need to let the show know with enough time in advance to wrap things up.

I believe I remember reading how USA Network is having next season be the last of Monk. While it remains popular, they are going to let it come to an end and allow the creators to plan for such the occasion.

Kyle XY is not on a prototypical schedule running Fall / Spring for 20 to 24 episodes, and I don't see why they cannot throw them a bone of a handful of episodes to wrap it up.

They could order the wrap ups and air it during the summer.

I am not sure when this season was shot, but I am assuming that it was done well in advance of January, they could have probably aired them last summer based on some of the promotional materials and things that came out concerning this upcoming season months ago.

Either way, I hope they let them wrap it up and call it quits. Not unlike Jericho got its 7 wrap ep episodes.

kataang411

[36]Feb 9, 2009

w3pcj wrote:
    Would you be willing to spend $3 to save Kyle XY??? Send a bag of Sour Patch Kids to ABC Family, president. Let's have his office floor filled with boxes and boxes of our love for the belly-buttonless superhero. It will cost you 3 bucks to buy a bag and send it in the mail, small price to pay... If everybody who watches the show does it... that'd be one and a half million parcels of support. Here's his name and up to date address... Paul Lee c/o ABC Family 500 S Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521

I really Like this idea. I'm gonnna do it!!

katywishing100

[37]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 15
    I liked Kyle Xy the first two seasons, but truthfully this last season I hav'nt watched hardly any of the episodes, and it doesn't bother me to badly that it's cancelled. I still have secret life and Greek

orangemann327

[38]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 23
    As long as ABC Fam ends it in a way that gives us fans closure, I'm okay with it being gone. I love this show to death, but this season has been amazing. It started slow but has really picked up. I would love for it to go out at one of it's highest points in my opinion, just as long as we feel there is closure for the whole 3 seasons.

Memoscorp

[39]Feb 10, 2009
    Kyle XY definitely should have at least another season or two. It's so unfair how great shows get canceled and replaced with these new shows that are just horrible.

HappyGirl818

[40]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 10

Oh whops! I accidently voted for "time to go" and totally didn't mean to!

I think it's so awful Kyle XY is being cancelled! I totally didn't expect it! I thought this was one of the networks biggest shows after Secret Life. I love it and think it's been so good this season. This time last year ABC Family cancelled Wildfire a show I loved just as much is not more than Kyle but I accepted it because I did believe it was time for it to go. However that is not the case with Kyle XY! There are many storylines they could still tell and explore and it sucks that it more likely than not will never happen. I'm also upset that this season only has 10 episodes too so we don't even really get to enjoy it for much longer. This is all ABC Family's fault for having it on hiatus for so long!!!