Kyle XY Forums

ABC Family (ended 2009)

Kyle XY Canceled: Time to Go?

Should Kyle XY be sticking around?

Otterpay1

[61]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 7
    I voted for it's time to end. I feel like Kyle Xy has really lost a lot of what made me initially love the show. The great science fiction stuff. The writers started to focus too much on the relationship side of things and it was the perfect balance between the two that made Kyle Xy so unique and great.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cinsiddy

[62]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 1
    Otterpay1 wrote:
    I voted for it's time to end. I feel like Kyle Xy has really lost a lot of what made me initially love the show. The great science fiction stuff. The writers started to focus too much on the relationship side of things and it was the perfect balance between the two that made Kyle Xy so unique and great.

Really, I think it's still fairly balanced with the exception of the beginning episodes of season 3 (which I enjoyed but it WAS different. And if you've viewed the episode yesterday you may have seen that the show was going to dive more into the mystery. Also I think the fans may be emphasizing the romantic aspects of the show more than the show. It's there but I think the writers do what they do for a purpose and everything including the love triangle seems to be connected to the over arching mysteries and natural character progression. It's not just done because it's cool to have teens look angsty.

aintthatapip

[63]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 6
    ABC Family is really making a big mistake here. Being a member of the most sought after demographic that advertisers look for, I won't be watching any show they air now that Kyle XY is cancelled.

Spaddel2710

[64]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 4
    I watch the show mostly of all the mysteries. I mean sure I like it when people get together but I like that show because of the mysteries.

karlandi

[65]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 7
    This show was really good , and the writing superb (Not to mention the awesome music). Unlike most shows the writing got better , not worse as time went on. I just dont get ABC Fam , they pit it against Heroes (gearred to the same type of viewer) and expect it not to take a major ratings hit? TV is turning into a sci fi black hole again, BSG is done, SG:A ended, Kyle XY is ending, and smallville almost bit it too. On top of that , T:TSCC and Dollhouse are iffy for pick up still. All of these are my favorite shows, and with the exception of Heroes and Smallville, they are all (or might be) canceled or ending.

fushicho33

[66]Mar 15, 2009
    Sigh, another decent show bites the dust...unsurprising but painful nonetheless. What is worse is that there won't be a proper well-earnt finale for this great show, brings back memories of Dark Angel's end. Hopefully the fans will fight for some sort of fulfilling tie-up so Kyle XY does not die in vain

Water78

[67]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 47
    why is it getting canceled again

susantangster

[68]Mar 16, 2009
    It's been canceled due to the huge drop in ratings this season.

melwrites

[70]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 2
    I wish it wasn;t getting canclled, and it was just kind of sprung on us too. I hope at least the finale gives it a proper good bye.

cajunhillbilly

[71]Mar 16, 2009
    this is the only show that I watch on ABC Family. After this is over, I will not be watching anything on ABC Family again.

alibeth25

[72]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 26

cajunhillbilly wrote:
    this is the only show that I watch on ABC Family. After this is over, I will not be watching anything on ABC Family again.

Same here. There isn't much on tv anymore. Kyle XY is one of my favorite shows. And I can't get enough of it. I really wish they would finish the season. Instead of leaving it the way they did.

halogurl10

[73]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 8

i love kyle xy. they should have kept it. the ending stunk too.

lets see how it ranks, shall we.

out of the 18,029 shows on tv.com it is ranks 402. which from my point of view is really good. the show ER is only 381. The Secret Life ranks 2,013.

it is unfair to cancel Kyle; it is a lot better then secret life.

II_Seraphim_II

[74]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 6

Despite the fact that the series finale was absolute crap and gave me some John Doe flashbacks, I think Kyle XY really needed to end. I don't think there should have been another season, but I do think they should have made this season 22 episodes long that way they could conclude everything.

To be honest, Kyle XY jumped the shark somewhere in Season 2, probably about the time they decided to make this a teen drama rather than a sci-fi show. This show was becoming Dawson's Creek with some sci-fi thrown in once every blue moon. Then season 3 came back, and while it tried to be tiny bit more sci-fi than season 2, it just seemed like the story was just dragging along. To be honest, I never looked forward to the next Kyle Xy episode because they were so amazing. I looked forward to them because I held a little hope that the show was going to improve.

Oh well, you gotta throw out the trash so that other shows can get a chance...hopefully ABC family will have another show that interests me...though I doubt it....

Sark5

[75]Mar 18, 2009
    The Kyle xy this needing reinforcement, we go to save kyle xy sees link:

http://community.abcfamily.go.com/blogs/kyle-xy/writerco-producer-julie-plec-answers-questions-about-kyle-xy-finale

All I assist is welcome.

Sark5

[76]Mar 18, 2009
    Kyle XY: Petition to Continue ABC Family's Cancelled TV Show

http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/kyle-xy-petetion-to-continue-the-cancelled-abc-family-tv-show/

all I assist is welcome.

Save Kyle !!!

orophite

[77]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 3
    All those petitons and posting around won't bring back the show (as much I would hope to).. didn't work for Invasion/Threshold/Surface.. the list goes on.

zitzitta

[78]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 8
    Well, I don't think many of us are surprised that this show got cancelled... Isn't it the tendency, nowadays, to cancel good/great shows without any notice and with an unsatifying finale, to boot? And let's not forget the "wonderful" shows they replace them with... If their aim is to disgust the audience, well, they made it! Good job, boys, NOT!

SillySophie

[79]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 9
    I think the show ran out of steam and kind of didn't know what to do with itself after a while. The longer season 2 probably hurt it. Shorter seasons allowed for tighter story lines with less teen angst filler episodes. Season one's ten episodes were excellent. I do wish we had been given a proper ending and so I hope we get the rumored TV movie to wrap things up.

rpgdancer

[80]Apr 21, 2009
    There were way too many loose ends for it to end now!!!!! help us save the tub!

join us every monday night at 9pm EST for a blog party on http://community.abcfamily.go.com/forums/shows/kyle-xy

each week, we watch a different episode and chat about it! next week's episode is Season 1 Episode 6. HOPE TO SEE YA'LL THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!