Kyle XY Forums

ABC Family (ended 2009)

Kyle XY Cancelled!!

nathan42494

[1]Jan 30, 2009
    • level: 2

I have just been informed that kyle XY will not be picked up for a fourth season. If you dont believe me, than go look on kylexy.net forums under news. Due to the lack of adverisment and overall interest abc family has put into this show the past year, the good people over at the abc family forum for this show have come up with a campeign to move kyle XY to a better network that will advertise and promote the show more than abc family has. some of the possibilities are:

-ABC Network, which will open up the show to a much broader audience

-USA Network, which is about to end the series "Monk" by choice

-And the SciFi Network, which is a valid alternative, but run much like abc family.

courtesy of nycscififan

the forum members have been sending post cards to abc family with "Viz Allati" written on them (from the second season, this shows how devouted the fans are), and also have decided to start sending post cards to the other possible networks, ALONG WITH other letters. also, wherever you are in the country/ world, try to get an ad into one of your newspapers. if we can get the viewers way up by the sixth/seventh epsiode, they might reconsider about cancelling it. please, we cannot give up this show without a fight!

Edited on 01/30/2009 8:31pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

penelope1985

[2]Jan 30, 2009
    • level: 21
    oh my god yes its true. well cant say i didnt expect this but i'm very sad cause i started watching this show last sunday and i was in the first stages of excitment about it and now i will have to let it go. it's very sad. and i heard that they have filmes all episodes so there probably isnt any chance for resolution to the story.

Aarinfel

[3]Jan 30, 2009
    • level: 5

This is a very sad development, but, please everyone who can, email, write, call, the customer service numbers for the networks, call the companies that DO advertise during this week's Kyle XY, and let them know that you like the show, and you don't want to see it scrapped!!!!!

Together, we can help prevent this! It worked for Farscape!

tripi1003

[4]Jan 30, 2009
    • level: 8

i just read this on the abc family forum, i'm in shock, i really hope they change their mind or another network takes a chance on the show

it really is a great show that deserves more than 3 seasons, i really hope the writers of the show ended season 3 with a decent ending just in case of a scenario like this happening, if not, i'm going to be really depressed this show won't have an ending

i think any of the networks previously mentioned may be a possibiltiy, the cw is another network that could work - would certainly fit in with their teen dramas

lets all hope for some miracle

ilani2004

[5]Jan 31, 2009
    • level: 3
    I can't believe it! It is like everytime I fall in love with a show or series, they cancel it. Sometimes I even wonder why bother? That's what I thought of the first time I heard of Kyle XY. Then I decided to take a chance. I rented seasons 1 and 2 and me and my whole family were hooked! Now that we started season 3, we hear this news. I can only hope they close out the season the way the show deserves and also hope that another network sees the value of Kyle XY and decide to take it foward from there. I am glad I took the chance on this show. I hope others take it as well.

BAGTbird

[6]Jan 31, 2009
    • level: 10
    There are more than the 7 episodes listed for this season, right? I'm wondering if I should even bother watching the rest, though. What's the point if none of it matters after this summer/fall?

nathan42494

[7]Jan 31, 2009
    yes, there is more than 7, there is supposed to be 10.

krussell47

[8]Jan 31, 2009
    • level: 12
    I was expecting this event to occur but it definitely sucks that the show got cancelled. I agree that it didn't get enough advertising which can doom many shows. I like the idea of trying to move it to a different network but that will be doubtful. And what really sucks, is a lot of loose ends won't be tied up which will leave all us fans of the show wondering what would have happened.

davinp

[9]Jan 31, 2009
    • level: 8

I'm shocked. I love this show . I just read about it here:

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/01/kyle-xy-cancelled.html

nathan42494

[10]Jan 31, 2009

krussell47 wrote:
    I was expecting this event to occur but it definitely sucks that the show got cancelled. I agree that it didn't get enough advertising which can doom many shows. I like the idea of trying to move it to a different network but that will be doubtful. And what really sucks, is a lot of loose ends won't be tied up which will leave all us fans of the show wondering what would have happened.

It is not doubtful it has happened before. Besides almost everyone at ABC Family and Kylexy.net are trying the idea of the postcards, which is people from all over the country. Thats why i brought the idea over here so people here could do it too.

Edited on 01/31/2009 9:07pm
    Edited 2 total times.

penelope1985

[11]Feb 1, 2009
    please all of you who live in america try and do something... although i'm not very hopeful...

Mageta44

[12]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 4
    Will there be a resolution at the end or haven't the producers been told of the cancellation beforehand?

mogsterboi

[13]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 1
    Damn. I just hope they'll either be able to get on to another network or be able to tie up the series nicely.

penelope1985

[14]Feb 1, 2009
    i listened to an interview of jaimie alexander on kylexy.net and she was so excited for episode 8 thats supposed to be awesome but it didnt seem like they were taking into acount a possible cancelation. both matt dallas and her were urging fans to watch and tell their friends so that there is a season 4.

wingsabre

[15]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 13
    It's not surprising, the network really did a poor job promoting kyle xy. Since the very first season, they've been coasting along, an the buzz of the first season. I haven't seen a single ad on network television, yet I've seen ads for Secret Life, and ads for Greek. Not just that, but they've had such a long break. This is no Soprano, they can't hold onto fans this long, life moves on. The network's "flagship" should have been protected better, but they tossed it aside. If they wanted better retention of fans, they would have to show reruns more often to keep the series fresh in our mind. It would make sense to air rewind episodes in the afternoon, paired with their syndicated shows like Gilmore Girls.

This pretty much sums up the whole thing, starting at 7:20, and really sums it up at 8:13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ2zAqAMOdI&feature=PlayList&p=9730592310DD4945&playnext=1&index=62
    Edited on 02/01/2009 2:54pm

Smokey85

[16]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 3

Damn..this really does suck. I never watch Fox Family(Save for Kyle XY) yet I've seen plenty of ads for that secret life of the teen show on other networks. I'll add this to the list of shows that have been cancelled a bit too early in the last few years: Dresden Files, Blood Ties, The 4400, and now Kyle XY. Still, I've loved this show ever since it first began airing. I'm sad to see it go, but at least we'll have 40+ episodes to fall back on.

I at least hope the show is allowed to get a proper ending, the network at least owes it that much.

Edited on 02/01/2009 4:24pm
    Edited 2 total times.

iareally

[17]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 11
    Smokey85 wrote:

Damn..this really does suck. I never watch Fox Family(Save for Kyle XY) yet I've seen plenty of ads for that secret life of the teen show on other networks. I'll add this to the list of shows that have been cancelled a bit too early in the last few years: Dresden Files, Blood Ties, The 4400, and now Kyle XY. Still, I've loved this show ever since it first began airing. I'm sad to see it go, but at least we'll have 40+ episodes to fall back on.

I at least hope the show is allowed to get a proper ending, the network at least owes it that much.

Agreed. Everything better be summed up in a realistic and great way! :]]

bubblyfrog5

[18]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 13

aaah this sucks!!!! i'm totally going to do the postcard/viz allati thing.. what a great idea!!!

i'm tired of all of my favorite shows ending... THIS SHOW MUST BE SAVED!!!!

grollgirl

[19]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 10
    i cant believe it! kyle xy is such a good show. i hope it gets picked up by another network.

LitLove

[20]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 4
    Stupid stupid ABC! They didn't even want it to survive. It doesn't make any sense. They had the break like foreveeeer! and no promo and ads! it's not like they've given it a chance. Which I don't get. Who doesn't promote the show which gives you the highest ratings?!! .. We have to save it guys!! So they can suck on it..

this just isn't fair