Kyle XY Forums

ABC Family (ended 2009)

Kyle XY Cancelled!!

JennaClaire

[21]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 4
    I can't believe they would cancel this show, which has an interesting plot and great actors and keep a show like "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" which has the most piss poor collection of acting stereotypes I've ever seen. I'm done with this channel. I never get into one of their shoes that they don't cancel it almost immediately. Screw em!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jacks_Son

[22]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 13
    Admitedly, while ABC Family hasn't gone out of their way to promote this show, I think the writers of Kyle XY have to accept some of the blame for its demise. The storyline isn't exactly crisp and tight, and I don't know if the writers know where they're going. Some of the plots and twists don't seem to be heading in a unified direction and the plotholes and drops in believability CAN be exasperating. To this day, I STILL don't know how Jessi survived that jump off the cliff. One episode she jumps off the cliff and then the next time you see her she's being held by MadaCorp. Things like this need to be explained to the viewers, otherwise you'll start to lose them.
    Edited on 02/02/2009 2:38pm

TVcompFrEaK90

[23]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 12

We don't even have abc family in my college and there's cable in the dorms so no one even knows about this show, but I still watch it online. Oh, and even if they gave it during the summer, I would still have to watch it online cuz my parents cancelled the satellite. If you think about it, it's also a little surprising that the show has lasted til the 3rd season because of the nearly a year gaps in between each season since it the first season was only in the summer, and the second season started in the summer again. There was also a 4-month gap in the middle of the 2nd. Sure other series do that too, and it might have been affected by the writer's strike, but those series are a lot more popular. I love Kyle XY and I hope they pick it up for a 4th season or change it to another network! It's not like series changing networks hasn't happened before and you said they are considering that.

XNiGHTMaRE23X

[24]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 7
    Why is it that ABC Family can't keep a show for more than 3 seasons? How could they just end the show like this? I can't believe it and the fans need to do something about it. Kyle XY is one of my favorite shows and it's amazing.

sinjaceheroes

[25]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 14
    yeah, I will believe it when they say it on the TV. Until then, I will continue watching it peacefully and without worries. XD

XNiGHTMaRE23X

[26]Feb 2, 2009
    hmm well that's a good way to go about it I think. Enjoy the show while it lasts, but sadly all good things come to an end...

Junkyxl19

[27]Feb 2, 2009
    Not suprised at all, first season was great, 2nd was alright and the 3rd so far has been awfull.

HolyPenguin

[28]Feb 2, 2009

Ohhh... I'll miss the show so much. I hope it will have a good conclusion. I'll always remember this show as one of my favorites. And I hope to see Jaimie Alexander in another great TV show.

axkaan

[29]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 2

ABC Listen Carefully!: "I do not want my Kyle XY cancelled."

----------------------------------------

I am in a very very bad place after i read about the cancel news. At the first moment that i learned it, i ran to the official site blogs an saw that was sad but true. If we want our shw back we must do something about it seriosly.

Maybe Kyle XY may start at another Tv instead of stupid Abc tv. Maybe it's right place is NBC. ABC has a diaster policy. Has anyone can explain why this top rate prime time show is cancelled and on the other hand abc ordered 20 episodes more for Greek?? :!

MarWash

[30]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 31
    Why are people surprised? The show sucked! All they had to do was have Andy get pregnant and BOOM.. rating bonanza! (sarcasm). I guess intricacies go over the common viewers heads and they fall back on what thet know... teen pregnancy and "American Idol". ugh!

sinjaceheroes

[31]Feb 3, 2009

http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/kyle-xye-abc-family-tv-show-cancelled-no-season-four/

"In May 2007, ABC Family president Paul Lee proudly said, "Kyle XY is the highest-rated show ever on ABC Family; it is truly the show that has defined this network." "

I dont know how a president that says that about a show will cancel it just because of drops in one of its seasons, every show has this. Heroes, which I watch every monday, has had more drops than any show in history i think! jk And there are no news of its cancellations.

I think the drop of the show has been because of poor promotions. I remember when in the first season of the show I saw the previews for the episodes in various major channels, like TNT, MTV, CN, ABC, etc. But now, I barely see the previews in ABC FAMILY!!!!! Its ridiculous!!!!! If you dont see the preview at the end of each episodes, you wont see it at all for the entire week. >__> The only ones to blame are ABC family themselves.

axkaan

[32]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 2

www.petitionspot.com/petitions/savekylexy

sign here.official site and many people are doing it to. and american viewers please Send Paper Mail to ABC. Lets do it for ourselfs. Save the Kyle Save the Future )

AllieAllie

[33]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 22

This is horrible. I've been watching this show faithfully from the beginning, and now I probably won't get to watch it anymore? I knew that it being cancelled was a possibility, but I never seriously thought that it could happen. But like other people said it could get picked up by another network, if there is another network that wants it. Scrubs is one example: it got picked up by NBC and was saved for another season. I won't have to live without that great show just yet. I hope this does happen, I'm definitely going to start writing letters to other networks and beg them to pick up the show. I will of course also write to abcfamily too to help to try to change their minds. If all else fails, which hopefully won't be the case, then I hope that there is at least a good,satisfying ending for the series

Edited on 02/03/2009 5:00pm

Calibabe214

[34]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 27
    Im sadishh =[

I dont want Kyle XY to leave.

No1Slayerette

[35]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 9
    I live in Australia and starting watching Season 1 on Pay TV when it came on here (which I think was only the middle of last year). I wasn't immediately hooked but with the network airing the second season pretty much after the first I got back into it and I believe where almost halfway through the second season. What sucks is that nowadays there are shows like Kyle XY that are getting cancelled before we even get to start watching them over here. Pushing Daisies is anexample. I hope it does move to another network but my hopes are slim (but it happened for Buffy right?). If not I wish instead of just ending the show from the last episode that was made (as they usually do) that networks would start to provide funding for 5 or so more episodes after that so that even though the show is ending fans aren't as disappointed and annoyed because they at least got some sort of closure which many cancelled shows do not get currently.

penelope1985

[36]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 21
    sinjaceheroes wrote:
    yeah, I will believe it when they say it on the TV. Until then, I will continue watching it peacefully and without worries. XD
    you realise of course they will never say it on tv... networks dont anounce these things on tv...

sinjaceheroes

[37]Feb 4, 2009
    penelope1985 wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:
    you realise of course they will never say it on tv... networks dont anounce these things on tv...
    you realize of course that when the last episode of the third season comes out they will say, "series finale" instead of "season finale". Hence, i will belive it when they show it in tv.

penelope1985

[38]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 21

sinjaceheroes wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:
    you realize of course that when the last episode of the third season comes out they will say, "series finale" instead of "season finale". Hence, i will belive it when they show it in tv.

i doubt they will say series finale for a canceled show.

Anime_lover14

[39]Feb 4, 2009
    PLEASE NO SAVE KYLEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ILOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stalemate666

[40]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 11
    Jacks_Son wrote:
    Admitedly, while ABC Family hasn't gone out of their way to promote this show, I think the writers of Kyle XY have to accept some of the blame for its demise. The storyline isn't exactly crisp and tight, and I don't know if the writers know where they're going. Some of the plots and twists don't seem to be heading in a unified direction and the plotholes and drops in believability CAN be exasperating. To this day, I STILL don't know how Jessi survived that jump off the cliff. One episode she jumps off the cliff and then the next time you see her she's being held by MadaCorp. Things like this need to be explained to the viewers, otherwise you'll start to lose them.

Um Kyle and Jessi can land good, that doesn't need to be explained stuff like why Balatines ring led to Adam do