Kyle XY Forums

ABC Family (ended 2009)

Kyle XY Cancelled!!

brainlessss

[61]Feb 26, 2009
    • level: 4
    I don`t believe this show will end. It just can`t happen it is too good. I caught Greek on TV by accident and it was ... lol, so bad ... and they r picking it for another season instead of Kyle XY ... I really hope that we r doing something by signing those petitions and stuff...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

elainecleo

[62]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 9
    I started renting this series from Netflix and love it, then found out it is still on the air and now y'all are saying this is the last season..........I am a JINKS.

sinjaceheroes

[63]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 14

i just saw the info on the last episode and this is what i found; "After discovering Latnok's true purpose, Kyle enlists everyone to stop it at all costs, but keeping all his cover lies intact and protecting Jessi may endanger the operation."

f#@k man! they are gonna end the series in one of the biggest "soprano moment" i have ever seen! i just know it... NOOOO!

LYTEK

[64]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 2
    It's funny...it's been getting a "lack of interest", and yet the show's ratings are skyrocketing as of the past few episodes...someone needs to die or something, that'll give it a popularity boost.

orophite

[65]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 3

I have never posted on here and I only created this account a few minutes ago simply to get this of my chest.

I have put up with many recent SciFi shows being cancelled like Invasion, Threshold, Surface and so forth. But cancelling Kyle Xy has put in the last nail on the coffin...

Finally and I can't stress enough, FINALLY, a show that has mixed in all the popular genres not to mention kept them in the balance to such a magnificent degree! And yet it gets the boot... why? Simple, stupid idiots throw it in the worst possible time-slot...

I say this, make a Season 4 then fire all the morons that add the shows to the certain time-slots from before and hire some people that have brains lets see how things look then and if there is no change... believe me when I say this I and everyone else would bite their tung and let it get cancelled... but seriously that won't happen... not in a million years if this show gets the right exposure + the right time-slot = easy profits... and this show has huge potential it could very well be the next Smallville.

So I say this, get your heads out of your butts and start listening to some people around here this show WILL do better if you give it the right exposure, clean and simple!

- orophite

borgsyd

[66]Mar 4, 2009

This is the first time im posting on tv.com. I am really sick of all these aesome shows getting cancelled. Just to name a few: Jericho, Kyle xy, Star trek Enterprise, Threshhold, Bionic woman and so many more? What is going on in the USA. Have the networks gone insane? These crappy reality shows are going strong but all the rest are gettign axed? Or is it the viewers fault? Sorry to be a winger im just really getting over all my favourtire shows getting axed.

KStanf

[67]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 4
    I don`t get it, why don`t the networks get creative - or at least us fans demand for them to become creative at least.

For instance, before canceling a show why not give the viewers a chance to be heard - and do something specific (asked of them say, during a commercial break, either by the networks themselves, or by an advertiser), to display their support for their show. It could either be buying a specific product, or writing a letter saying yes or no to cancel the show.

That way, the networks would either know if their viewers mind if the show gets canceled or not (showing viewers they care, so people don`t get mad at the network - and keep user loyalty) and or also by showing their advertisers (via revenue and obvious specific product sales increase during that timeslot) that show and that day & time is profitable to advertisers.

What do you think,

Raquelborn

[68]Mar 6, 2009
    • level: 1

I couldn't believe it when I first heard. Kyle XY has such an original and unique storyline. The acting is way above average as well. The series deserves at the very least a proper conclusion which it's not going to get at this rate! If you ask me Kyle XY has outgrown a frivilous channel like ABC Family and should be taken up by Sci-Fi or CW. Regardless if we can in some way get a season 4 we can get another 10 episodes and a decent conclusion.

If you want to be part of all of us pushing to Save Kyle XY then go to savethetub dot com for the necessary addresses and write letters (emails are going to be put into spam boxes at this stage), post postcards with "Viz Allati" written on them, send packets of Sour Patch Kids (I'm from the UK but I still managed this by buying the sweets through an American website and giving them the President's address, so you should all be able to do it one way or another!), and buy the latest episodes on iTunes - in fact episode 8 reached #8 overall and #3 in Sci-Fi this week for popularity! So we're on the right track people.

Buy the boxsets from the ABC Family website and amazon.com etc.

Google the Youtube campaign threads where a short clip of you asking to "Save the Tub!" will be compiled into the thousands of other videos already sent in by fans. Make lots of Kyle XY music videos also, and there are certain people who you can google who wish to have all these videos sent to them so they can burn them to DVDs to send to ABC's president.

Another thing you can do is make your own posters advertising the next episode. This will be especially important next week so that we can try and smash the ratings for the season finale through the roof. If everyone that reads this distributes 40 posters on cars, lamp posts, town bulletin boards, town-hall boards, shop windows etc then we could bring awareness of the show's existence to 500,000 other people easily if not thousands and thousands more! Believe me when I say every little helps, I've seen it done before.

P.s. Make sure to sign the petitions too (again google these as posting url could get this post deleted) and then quote the number of signatures on the two biggest on any letters you write. Give them as many figures and statistics as you can, it's the best way to communicate with these executives.

Good luck everyone and let's Save the Tub!

decentaur

[69]Mar 6, 2009
    • level: 8

I can't believe they choose "The secret life of the American whining teenager" over Kyle XY...
    Kyle rocks!! And the secret life is so bad I couldn't even keep watching it...

My favorite series always get cancelled with Firefly and Kyle XY being the hardest ones to see getting cancelled...

Sark5

[70]Mar 18, 2009
    The Kyle xy this needing reinforcement, we go to save kyle xy sees link:

http://community.abcfamily.go.com/blogs/kyle-xy/writerco-producer-julie-plec-answers-questions-about-kyle-xy-finale

All I assist is welcome.

aj_the_kidd

[71]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 13
    I went to dl the latest ep only hear that last week was the season finale, which sucked, then i heard that it was cancelled altogether, WTF. I'm hoping against hope that another network will realise that the show has a big fanbase and that is one the few shows on tv that is worth renewing. ABC Family will regret dropping the show if another network picks it up. It's a shame too, as Kyle was probably one of the very few tv characters that i would consider to be a good role model.

jrsgalaxy

[72]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 14
    aj_the_kidd wrote:
    I went to dl the latest ep only hear that last week was the season finale, which sucked, then i heard that it was cancelled altogether, WTF. I'm hoping against hope that another network will realise that the show has a big fanbase and that is one the few shows on tv that is worth renewing. ABC Family will regret dropping the show if another network picks it up. It's a shame too, as Kyle was probably one of the very few tv characters that i would consider to be a good role model.
    I didnt know you watched this show too. Yeah sucks about it being cancelled , Startted watching from the beginning. missed the second season so I decided to start watching again only to find that they are only going tbe ten eps for the third and final season. They could at least given us a full season before axing it.

sarheed

[73]Mar 27, 2009

here's a link that might help

http://savekylexy.com/

can't believe they're doin this to us!!!

Kyle XYers, let's get to work!

Water78

[74]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 47
    sarheed wrote:

here's a link that might help

http://savekylexy.com/

can't believe they're doin this to us!!!

Kyle XYers, let's get to work!

why dont we send cloned nuts to ABC!

X_Large

[75]Mar 30, 2009

AMERICAN IDOL...

This is what makes me feel worst the lack of taste of so many people in this world.. Shows get cancelled over lack of interest or mass interest.

EVERYBODY, or almost everybody sees and likes the stupid show American Idol..Just an example..Yeah.. its cool and that but does really it deserves that much appreciation and interest?

So many good shows got cancelled due to lack of audiences and interest from people mainly because people dont know of their existence! I can remember of Rome, such a great show and now this one that IS indeed a really good one too. People fall for publicity and canĀ“t distinguish whats real good from whats fair and crap.

You know what? Go to youtube type in "hylarious american idol" or "best moments american idol" and you'll have it right there! Best moments of the show, best laughs the show itself without the advertisements and boring moments!!

Bring kyle back!! Bring kyle back!! Bring kyle back!!

Edited on 03/30/2009 12:49am
    Edited 2 total times.

frggystyl

[76]Mar 30, 2009
    There is something to be said about a show that you can watch over and
    over... and enjoy it more with each viewing. Kyle XY is that kind of
    show.

Many, many people are outraged over the cancellation of this gem.
    However, only a portion of those upset know that there is a campaign
    going to revive Kyle XY! United we stand, divided we fall. Those interested in joining the fight to save Kyle XY, feel free to
    join. There are several websites where fans are gathering. Any fan of
    Kyle XY who would like to be a part of the campaign please visit
    savekylexy.com, savethetub.com, and kylexy.net.

Now if only some network would realize that... and pick it up!

Dark_Davis

[77]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 19
    I hated seeing it go like it did, but all that's left now is to move on I think. But reading about what the writers wanted to put in the show was really not satisfying, it just added salt to the wound.

alah-in

[78]Apr 4, 2009
    it is so sad that they have to cancel KYLE XY. i mean this is a really great show, and is the only show i watch on ABC. i even watch it online for reruns, and never missed an episode. been searching for the soundtracks used in the show. so great writers, to effortless cast, and the lines are really good that it strikes you like thunder. im not sure why they had it cancelled, they may have big plans for the series. i mean, its one of the highest rated shows here in TV.COM. so sad it has to go. . . thanks for the nice show though, and i hope that i could hear again from the writers of KYLE XY

ninjeti_white

[79]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 16
    okay so if we want to send a letter to abc family where can we get there address? but i have watched kyle xy since the beginning and when they said they were ending it i was like what they ****. and so that got me so mad. and so now i want to send abc family a letter telling them how much the show ment to me. anyone know the address.

frggystyl

[80]Apr 8, 2009
    Kyle XY is a wonderful show that has a very dedicated fan base. We are doing all we can to ressurect Kyle - much like he ressurected Jessi! For more information check out - kylexy.net - savethetub.com - savekylexy.com.