Kyle XY

Great Expectations

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jan 28, 2008 on ABC Family

• Amanda returns home from music school and Kyle's hopes for a sweet reunion are spoiled when her mother tries to keep them apart.

This episode of Kyle XY really had me rooting for Kyle and Amanda. After returning home from school to celebrate her mother's birthday, Amanda is immediately placed into lockdown for wanting to quit. Kyle is told never to contact her again, which leaves him confused, saddened, and upset. The family is divided on how to deal with the situation, with the parents siding with Amanda's mom and Lori and Josh plotting to get Kyle and Amanda back together. Meanwhile, Jessie wants to begin her training with Kyle, but he keeps putting her off until he can deal with the situation with Amanda. All together, this was an amazing episode. I've loved it from the beginning and it just keeps getting better and better. We got to see Kyle perform some more neat tricks, the closeness of the Trager family, the beginnings of Jessie's possible dark side, proof that love can conquer any obstacle, and finally a brilliant moment with Hillary! Who knew she could cook such a wonderful meal or that she was a sucker for true love also? In this time of disappearing shows thanks to the strike it's refreshing to know that we still have Kyle XY for a little while longer.