Kyle XY

Great Expectations

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jan 28, 2008 on ABC Family

• Once again the preview was very misleading, but the episode was still as good as you would expect it to be.

Amanda's return was not all that it seemed. I thought this was a very good episode, the show is getting a little more teen drama, and a little less science fiction, but it is still pretty good. I really like how Jessi's character is developing, she might be a little more troublesome then Kyle, but she seems to really want to be good, and from what I can see is a good person. I kind of understand Amanda's Mom's actions, but she did go a little overboard with the whole lock down thing. I thought one of the funniest moments was when Josh took the place of sleeping Amanda, it was just funny to see him in a wig trying not to be caught. It seems like Jessi might be jealous of Kyle and Amanda which seems natural seeing as Adam was dating Jessi's host. As good as Jessi might seem, her jealously makes her seem a bit bad when she tells Amanda's mom where Amanda is. Now, the thing is, what Jessi did is technically not bad/evil, but it is a bit mean. One of the big surprises of the episode was when Brian told Jessi he had big plans for her, and needed her to be as strong and fast as possible. What kind of plans is Brian talking about? Could this mean he is still as bad as I think, time can only tell. The other shocking thing was Amanda not getting on the plane and asking Kyle to hide her, what does she think she is going to accomplish with her actions? A great episode, but the best part was it brought back some mystery and questions, the one thing this show seemed to lack since its return.