Kyle XY

House of Cards

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Aug 13, 2007 on ABC Family

• Exciting ep, as always, but writing slightly losing consistency?

I thought this was an awesome ep, but I think the writing is getting a little too far-fetched. This is why I'm not giving it a perfect 10. I thought that Mr. Valentine already had a Latnok ring in "The Homecoming," before Kyle's went missing, when we first meet this character. We see this same ring in a close-up of Valentine's hands in "Come to Your Senses." So Valentine's ring and Kyle's ring can't be the same. But if Taylor has been playing Kyle from the start and the ring seems so important in this ep, why did he give it to Kyle so freely? I find this hard to believe. When Taylor hands over the tiny envelope to Kyle saying that Bailan wanted Kyle to have it, surely Taylor must have suspected what was in it? And Lori's spontaneous decision to go camping right where Zysicks was bombed also seems to be nothing more than a deus ex machina excuse to get Kyle back to the facility. As cool as the eps have been so far, it sounds like the writers are sort of making the story up as they go along here. Until the last two eps, I have never had a problem with the show.

I will say this, though: when Kyle opens the envelope and first gets the Latnok ring, the camera shifts to Taylor's face as he says he's never seen the ring before, hinting that he's lying. This was way back in the "Homecoming" ep. Maybe the writers really do have this all planned out and I'm just worried over nothing.
  • This was an exciting episode.

Foss Declan and Kyle try to break into MadaCorp. It is still weird though how Ballantine suddenly shows up at the Trager house without warning. If he hadn't gone there, then Kyle wouldn't have known that the ring was with him.

It also looks like they want to break Stephen and Nicole apart, especially with the phone calls of Emily and the one about the contacts. It's so obvious that someone's staging it. Lori has sensed something, and I do think Nicole has too.

The Josh and Andy story still doesn't cease to amuse me. They look so good together. :P lol Anyway, maybe it's just me, but in my opinion they have to stop all the kissing scenes between Kyle and Amanda. Too much doesn't make any sense.

Anyways the best thing I liked about this episode is that the plot was thickened. What would happen to Foss now that he was caught by Madacorp? How much does Ballantine know about the ring (or about Kyle for that matter)? How will Emily react to Jessi visiting her daughter? How will Nicole react to the pictures drawn by Jessi and Kyle? What's with the Kyle and Jessi photograph that Kyle found in the box, and what was so important about it? Finally, what is Brian Taylor's role, and why did he give Kyle the ring in the first place?

There's a lot to look forward to next week. I hope they continue doing episodes like this one. :D
  • Great episode, one of hte best this season.

This episode was great. And it set up the next episode for an even better one. Kyle notices Ballantine's Latnok ring which was the one Kyle gave to the Pawn Shop to get Amanda's bracelet back. So then Kyle brings Declan to Tom and they set out to get the ring back.

While this is going on Jessi is listening in on Emily calling her daughter Paige and once more it hurt focusing too much. I hate when they do this because their screeching noise is weird.

The she sneaks into the room and sees Paige and that she is at a party and she then goes to visit. There she draws Page a picture and when Emily gets there she is freaked out at how Jessi somehow found out about Paige.

Lastly could Stephen be cheating on Nicole with Emily. I don't think it is what it seems but you never know! Then Kyle uses his fast math to time the elevator right and gets the ring off Ballantine and takes it home to open the box. There he sees a young Kyle and Jessi which could be Baylin and his XX. Kyle looks really surprised and confused. The next episode should be great! I can't wait!
  • Really good show again!

Again there was so much suspense going on and that
    You had to sit and watch it from the very Beginning to understand what was going on as Foss realized that Declan knows about Kyle's secret and that poses some trouble. Josh begins to spill his feelings out to his mom.
    While Laura begins to suspect that her dad is having
    An affair with Emily. While Kyle and Amanda become closer to one another despite the setbacks that Kyle is having with these new secrets he began to discover in the second season opener. The episodes of the second season has the plot begins to thicken.
  • Another awesome episode! Looks like things will just get better and better.

Awesome episode! This was one of those great episodes, for a lot of reasons that become clear when you watch the episode. I loved the episode, but it also made me a bit mad because not all that happened in it were good. But by mad, I don't mean I didn't like the show, more like a good kind of mad (if that makes any sense). The episode brings us more questions, and it looks like soon they will have to answer a lot more, but I am glad to see some things start connecting for Kyle, because this could help his cause in future episodes.
  • I loved it a lot!

Kyle, Declan and Foss plot to get the ring from Ballantine. It is the key to opening Baylin's treasure. Josh doesn't know how to act around Andy now that he knows that she has cancer. Lori thinks that Stephen is having an affair with Emily. Jessi finds out about Paige, Emily's daughter, but doesn't really know who Paige is. Kyle's plan fails, but he gets another chance and gets the ring back! He has to cancel a date with Amanda and she thinks that it's because he doesn't like her anymore. She gets accepted into a piano school in New York.

This was a great episode! I really liked how real Declan and Foss looked when Foss grabbed him. Although it was part of the plan, I think Foss may have been wanting to do that for a long time now. I really think that Foss is a good guy now, but he still acts mysterious sometimes. This episode gets a 10!
  • Kyle decides to break into Madacorp to retrieve Adam's ring

An exciting episode with lots happening.

When Steven's new boss is invited for dinner at the Trager household, Kyle notices he is wearing Adam's ring. Kyle decides, with assistance from Foss and Declan, to break into Madacorp and get the ring back. Exciting and well written storyline.

Lori and possibly Nicole seem to think that Steven and Emily's relationship is more than just professional. It's all been set-up, and Foss hears about this, but since he's captured, no one else knows. Not sure about this storyline. Nicole and Steven always seemed to have a great marriage, so this storyline does not seems as convincing as the other storylines.

Jessi, with her super-hearing manages to breaks into Emily's safe and visits Emily's daughter Paige at her school. Emily won't like that, not at all. Also, Jessi draws pictures in the way that Kyle does and Nicole discovers this. Will she be the first to link the two of them?
  • Where's the house of cards?

I think "House of Cards" is one of the most exciting episodes I saw from the two seasons. Kyle's intelligence is very helpful in his quest for getting the ring from Ballantine. I was amazed when he calculated the time that Ballantine could reach the elevator so that Ballantine's hand will be pinned to the elevator and get the ring. However, Foss is in trouble and he risked his life so that Kyle could have the ring and open Baylin's secret. And in the last part, we saw a picture of Kyle (I think it must be Baylin) and Jessie (maybe Baylin's girlfriend). This episode also has lots of revelations.

Another striking part is that Lorie is doubting his father's faithfullness to her mother. Also, Jessie is now integrating to Emily's daughter Paige. Nicole has a clue for the relationship between Kyle and Jessie. I think there are more things to be revealed but one thing is not clear. Why is the episode entitled "House of cards"? I don't see the connection.
  • Far exceeded my expectations.

Probably one of the best episodes so far. I felt the writing was superb - so much was packed into this one hour. **Spoilers galore** Foss finds out Decalin knows Kyle's secret, Josh shares his feelings towards Andy to his mother, Jessie discovers Emily has a daughter, Laura suspects her father is having an affair with Emily, Nicole witnesses Jessie's ability to draw like Kyle during a session, Kyle and Amanda's relationship overcomes yet another hurdle, Kyle plots an amazing mission to recover Bailin's ring (from Valentine) with help from Foss and Decalin, and we find out more about Jessie's origins.

The only suspension of belief in this episode I had a problem with was with the ring being yanked off when Valentine reached into the elevator. You would think any modern elevator in a company as big as Mantacorp's would automatically open if someone stuck their arm into it while it was closing. That's pretty standard on all elevators as a failsafe. For this reason, I'm giving the show a 9.8 instead of a perfect 10 score.
  • Kyle, Declan, and Foss go on a quest to get Kyle's ring back. Also, Kyle and Nicole learn a bit more about Jessi. This is without a doubt the best episode so far.

Long story short, this episode was the greatest yet!
    Steven invites his boss over for dinner, and Kyle sees his long-sinced-pawned Latnok ring on his finger. It just so happens that Kyle needs this ring to open the box that Adam Baylin left. He, Foss, and Declan (who has invited himself into their "knowing of secrets" group, much to Foss' dismay) hatch a plan to break into Madacorp and get it back.
    Meanwhile, Jessi learns that Emily is hiding something very important from her. She demonstrates that she shares Kyle's ability to hear things from a great distance (an action which hurts her physically, like Kyle), and breaks into Emily's safe. Inside is a picture of her daughter Paige. The boys' break-in doesn't go as planned, but Kyle still manages to get his ring back using his clever knowledge of physics and math (timing exactly when Steven's boss will get to the elevator, then close the door on his hand at the precise moment). After opening Baylin's box, he sees a picture of a young Baylin (who looks like Kyle does now) with a young woman...who, strangely enough, looks exactly like Jessi.
  • Best episode yet! Very exciting.

So, I was right. The picture that Kyle was looking at is a picture of him with Jessi, only it's really not Kyle nor Jesse, it is the Doctor and maybe his wife, girlfriend, sister. This show is getting better every episode and much better than first season - to be expected. Josh is so cute when he is in love. I thought he was going to cry. I can't believe they are trying to get Stephen in trouble with his family - the whole contact lens thing was kinda stupid to me. I'm surprised Jessi left evidence of her meeting Emily's daughter - now they might sap her brain again. OK, it's time to reboot Jessi. I hope they never catch Kyle.
  • Kyle, Declan, and Foss go to get Kyle's ring back from ballantine.

I did not expect Foss to get caught at all (My bet was on Declan getting caught). And Kyle calculating the right time to snatch the ring from Mr.Ballantine while the elevator was closing, GENIUS! This episode made me hate Lori. She came at the worst time and was the reason that Foss was caught, but that's plot twists for you. Also finaly someone gets a clue that Jessi is just like Kyle, and Andy having cancer still sucks. Over all I can't wait to see the next episode especialy if they're going to be as good as this one.
  • Amazing Episode

I thought nothing could top last weeks episode but i was wrong, this episode was brillant and the best of the series, in my opinion. Declan, Kyle and Tom working together was a real treat, and I didn't expect Kyle to get Ballentine's ring but I was completely shocked with what he did, moments like that make me love this show. Though I am worried about Foss and what the MADACORP people will do to him, I love the fact that he stayed so that Kyle and Declan wouldn't get caught. Nothing extremely bad better happen to him. Josh and Andy are the IT couple for me. IMHO, no other couple on this show can hold a candle to them. They have the best chemistry and their scenes are always my favorite in the episodes. I don't know what happened, I went from completely hating Josh in season one and now I can't help but love him. He's matured so much and is so sweet to Andy. I couldn't help but smile when he brought her the popsicle. It's a shame she has cancer because she's my favorite character on the show and IF she does die, Josh is gonna be heartbroken.

Jessie has grown on me and I didn't expect that. It was sweet of her to visit Emily's daughter and draw her the pictures, I wasnt expecting that from her, but during that whole scene, it felt like I was watching a completely different character, it was kinda weird. I love how Nicole noticed the symbol in Jessie's drawings was the same as in Kyle's drawings, i can't wait till the truth about Jessie comes out.

Amanda gets accepted into a school in New York, what does this mean for her character ? Is she gonna be leaving the show ? I wanna know more about that.