Kyle XY

Leap of Faith

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Sep 03, 2007 on ABC Family

• awesome show, and another great episode!!

Awesome i honestly cant get enough of this show, and this ep was definitely one of my faves. we can see how differently Kyle sees the world around him in contrast to his family in this episode. jessi's character arch reminds me of tess from roswell anyone else think so? Her leap off of the cliff brightened my day! I am no follower of the Jessi train - her character while tragically and beautifully flawed i dont really buy it, honestly im kind of sick of that poor deer-in-the-headlights look she alwyas has on her face. kyle and the rest of his family as characters are well written and i really like declan's dynamic with them. And what about poor Amanda?? she's off to new york for paino tuition, now what - what does that mean for her and kyle? THIS is why i keep watching the show!!! awesome awesome awesome!
  • uhm. kyle xy

i love this show so much. the finale was awesome, especially when jessi jumped off the cliff in the ending. i was talking on the phone to my friend and we were watching together; we BOTH dropped the phone. it was really an amazing episode, but i was SO pissed when i found out that they didn't have any josh/andy drama in it AT ALL. those two make the best couple and i love all of the drama that goes on between. i definitely cannot wait until next season. a lot of people are saying that andy will die in the show, and if she does then i will feel so unbelievably bad for josh: he really loves andy and i would hate to see his heart crushed. josh is definitely my FAVORITE character, i love him SO much.
  • Jessi becomes missing and Kyle believes it is his job to find her and find out why so is involved in his life.

This was a great episode and I like all the twists and turns and all the emotion it went though. Kyle and Jessi are on a road trip to find out what the photo means and where it might lead them. Jessi believes she is a bad person and doesn't think Kyle should be nice to her. Jessi wants to find the girl in the photo and see if she can be her family. Jessi knows her sister is not really her sister and that she doesn't love her. Kyle wants to help her out and follows the hidden map on the ring that Adam gave Kyle before he died. Along the way, Jessi and Kyle enter a diner and the old man recognizes the couple from long ago, they look exactly the same. When Kyle is at the juke box and sees the title of Adams favorite song, he tries to play it but it is missing. That was the first clue Kyle needed to unlock the where abouts of Adam's hideaway cabin. I liked the idea of Adam giving clues in helping him find the path to find the answers for him and Jessi. Craving the initials on the table was another clue. Adam must have known Kyle would one day be using the hidden map since he did give the ring to him. When Jessi and Kyle finally find the hidden cabin and investigate it, they find a door that has a special kind of key to open it. When Kyle presses some buttons, it was Jessi who figured out it must be the song's melody to open it. When Kyle calls Amanda to play the song, you can hear Amanda worried voice when she knows Jessi is with him. Amanda was been hurt before and doesn't want it to happen again. Kyle wants to tell her all about himself but doesn't want to put her in danger. Boy this must eat up Kyle since he cares for Amanda a lot. When Kyle hears the song and thanks Amanda, she asks if he would be home before she lives. Kyle says that he hopes so but I don't think he will say good-bye with all that has happened. Kyle plays the melody on the lock and the door opens. Inside we find Adam hooked up with all these wires scanning his brain waves. Kyle tries to enter Adams subconscious but he needs a little help from Jessi since they are stronger together. When both of them are trying to read Adams thoughts, Adam tells Kyle Jessi has portrayed him. Jessi tricked Kyle to let his guard down and she read the information Medacorp needed. Jessi ran out of the room and toward the cliff. Kyle runs after her and asks her why she did that. I was very mad as her that I was hoping Kyle would kick her butt. They start fighting and it seems Jessi wants to report her findings to her fake sister. This was not the case. Jessi finally brakes free and jumps off the cliff and into the water down below. We don't know if she can survive the fall or even if she can swim. Jessi could be alive or dead. At the end of this episode all I was thinking about is will Jessi hurt Kyle in the future. I think if Kyle would have gotten to Jessi before Madacorp did, things would have been different for the show and the characters. I hope we get some answers when the season starts again.
  • The season finale, sort of.

This being the last episode before the break I expected to be left hanging but I didn't know what to expect quality wise. In a way I did, I expect that almost every episode will be great, but this episode really lived up to the shows recent greatness. Usually when a show leaves you hanging, it does so in a way that really makes you want to see the next episode. But when a show does that about 10 times worse then any other show, and then leaves you hanging for a couple of months, that really makes you go nuts. The episodes leading up to this finale were just awesome, and this half of the season has been so good, I can't even begin to describe how awesome it was. The show is going places, and I can not wait until the next half of the season starts up, I know it will be good, it's just a matter of waiting for it.
  • Jessi's actions are puzzling to me...as perhaps they should be. (Spoiler Warning)

It seems that throughout the season we have seen Jessi struggling with who she is and fighting her 'programming' it seems like she has broken free from her program because she no longer believes the life story that was fed to her. So if she has succeeded in breaking free and is now just a confused kid, as Kyle once was, why would she betray Kyle like her programming told her to? Brainwashing should only be effective when you are unaware it is in place; as a function of the subconcious brain, once it moves into the stream of conscious thought it is no longer in control of our decisions. Its like when you are doing something out of habit/reflex, like riding your bike or blinking; you don't take any conscious thought to consider what you are doing. But if you become aware of what you are doing and begin to focus on your actions they are no longer automatic and may even begin to seem strange to you. So now that Jessi's subconscious programming has been moved into her conscious thought it would seem unlikely that she "couldn't help [herself]", as she told Kyle when he asked her why she had taken the information from his mind. So the question is did she do it out of programming or because she feels that helping Madacorp is the only way for her to be free like Emily promised her? Also, if she did it on purpose why did she feel guilty enough afterwards to jump over the falls; did she do it just to make a quick escape and get the info back to Madacorp?

One more question, away from the topic of Jessi, is why would the house appear as if no one had lived there for a long time? Baylin is obviously in no condition to monitor his equipment and take care of the necessary functions himself, so someone would have to be around, and the house would be the only place for them to be when they aren't with Baylin. My guess is that Tom Foss is the one who has been taking care of Baylin. This is based on the facts that A)Baylin told Kyle the ring was all he needed, and told Kyle that he knew where he needed to go, so Foss must have known about the cabin already, and B)I think this must be where/why Foss disappeared for so long when he left Kyle alone, in order to check on Baylin.

Unfortunately we have to wait awhile to find the answers to these questions....all I can say is at least it isn't as bad as LOST :)
  • Kyle and Jessi discover something out by route 12

I had to select "nerve-wracking" because even though this was a superb episode, it left too many things unanswered.

I simply don't understand this idea of a mid-season finale. It's either a finale, in which case I would have hoped for a few more answers. Or it's just the episode before a long (really long) hiatus. In which case I understand the cliff-hanger ending (as much as I hate those) but still would've preferred some answers...

Nevertheless, a superb episode with one scene that stole my heart. Josh taking a stand against the rest of the family was heart-breaking and heart-warming. I had hoped Declan would give the Tragers at least some answers, if only so as not the spoil the chances of a reconcilliation with Lori.
    I don't think Jessi is dead, I'm pretty sure she will return, but, since I've never liked her character, I hope she doesn't.
  • WOW!

That was a great mid-season finale! If the ending wasn't so open ended, the emotion of it made it worthy of a series finale. Loved every part..the inclusion of Amanda, Declan, the Tragers, Foss, Jessi and Kyle of course, and even Emily. Cleverly written, emotional, interesting, twisting, jaw dropping. I can't wait for Kyle to go back to the Tragers and explain all. And to Amanda as well..that should be very interesting seeing everyones reactions. How will everyone react to Jessi's "death"? Did she die? Will Adam Baylin be revived? I love how Josh, the one most adament about Kyle's weirdness to start, got angry and rebelled against when the rest of the family started to doubt him..ironic and touching. And of course, Kyle was his usual beautiful self, inside and out.

abcfamily just keeps getting better. Here's to the second part of season two! I can't wait, it's torture!
  • It was a good episode, but not the finale I was hoping it to be.

Again a lot of interesting things happen in this episode. The adventure of Kyle and Jessi was really interesting, especially the part in the cafe where the old man remembered them coming into the cafe before.

I also thought that the love story between Adam and the Jessi-lookalike is really touching and maybe that story also has something to do with Kyle and Jessi. I even thought that Kyle and Jessi could have made a good match. :P lol

It was really weird to see Adam in that cabin. I thought that the one they would find there would be Jessi's lookalike. I had a feeling though that Jessi might betray Kyle. This is another interesting storyline, as Jessi may have been programmed to 'use' Kyle and take information from him, but her own feelings feel that it is not a good thing to do.

It was a good episode, but still not the finale I was looking for. I was expecting a scene which is like the one where we see the note 'Dont trust Foss' or the one where Kyle opens Adam's box wherein there is a big surprise at the end of the episode. It gives a nicer effect and leaves you more excited for the next episode.

In my opinion, Jessi jumping off a cliff wasn't the best scene they could offer. And that is precisely because we all know that Jessi will not die and will be back to finish the season.

Anyways, it was a good first half of Kyle, and looking forward for more in January. :D
  • Words to describe this episode: AWESOME, AMAZING, FANTASTIC!!!

I think this is the best episode of Kyle XY, ever!! I can't wait for the second half of the season. I loved this episode. And I'm dying to see how everything turns out. I can't wait for Kyle to the Trager's his secret. And I want to know if Jessi is alive and if that was really Adam Baylin. And if it is, how is he still alive? One thing I was kind of hoping to see in this episode was Declan telling the Trager's Kyle's secret. I wanted them to find out everything. I guess I'll have to wait for new eps. I scene that I loved, was when Josh stood up for Kyle. In this episode, he didn't like trying to find out who Kyle is. I loved it when he was telling Lori and their parents that Kyle is their brother, their son. Why must shows always go on hiatus? I think it's to drive the fans crazy. Leave 'em wanting more. Well, they succeeded. I can't wait for new episodes. As soon as I find out when the second half of the season premieres, I'll be counting down the days.
  • How cool was this episode, huh! Awesome. Perfect season finale.

This is why I love Kyle XY - it's exciting, smart, original, tense, well written, and charming. It brings out the family values, but in a non-pathetic kinda way, and it's very enjoyable to watch.

This season finale was perfect, because it solved some old mysteries, introduced us to some new ones, and had the kind of ending that makes you count the days before the next season starts! Plus there was some cool ass-kicking at the end, too! ;) I really enjoyed watching this episode and guessing what will happen next. I'm thinking Jessi is not dead, but she's also not evil like she thinks she is, which will give great material for the third season. Looking forward to it!
  • Kyle and Jessi search the past to discover a secret about their future, Jessi fulfilled the mission Madacorp sent her on, but had a last minute change of heart. The Traeger's look at events and the 'Kyle File' to investigate who Kyle really is.

I liked the episode. I thought it was one of the best, maybe only second to 'The List is Life'

So this must be why MadaCorp wants Kyle cause he would know how to find Baylin, but now the big question is who moved his body, cause if it were Taylor well then he would already know, but I feel like this whole season Foss has been convinced that training Kyle so he doesn't end up like Adam and dead, but Adam was shot, now granted he was in a wheelchair but now we find he was in an incubator in the woods and Tom new how important the ring was to everything. So I think Foss new all along, and I think he hid Baylin, or maybe Baylin had been there all along.

So Jessi betrayed Kyle's trust and then jumped off a cliff into a waterfall, she'll prob live through it somewhat, I mean Kyle survived a fire, but she hasn't trained like Kyle.

The Traegers looked into Kyle's past and tried to uncover who he is. This upsets Josh, and diminishes Lori's new found trust in Declan, and brings Tom Foss back into the Traeger's lives.

I cannot wait until January when Kyle XY returns.
  • So exciting!

Kyle and Jessi keep searching for clues. The Tragers try to figure out who Kyle really is. Emily lets Foss go. The Tragers find out that Declan knows stuff about Kyle. Kyle and Jessi find Adam Baylin. Jessi retrieves the information from Kyle, but does not want to. She jumps off a cliff.

This was a great episode! I can't believe the ending! I seriously cannot wait until 2008! I'm confused about Emily though. Is she good or bad? I wished that they would have mentioned Andy and had more of Amanda though. This episode gets a 10 out of 10!
  • This episode was very good.

This episode was very good. I liked this episode because it was very well written and it was very good. The storyline was very good and the plotline of it was also good. I liked the fight scene between Kyle and Jessie because it was one of the best fight scenes that I have ever seen on tv. This episode of Kyle XY was one of the best episodes of the season and of the entire series. I hope that there are more episodes like this one because it will make this even better than it is right now. I can not wait until Kyle XY comes back in 2008 because I want to see how the rest of the season is going to be like.
  • What a episode, I was so shocked.

Kyle and Jessi go to the woods trying to find something. The Tragers are learning about who Kyle really is. Lori now hates Declan, I don't know why, all he did is protect Kyle. Emily turns on Ballantine and frees Foss. Jessi and Kyle find this cabin. They find Adam Baylin, I was confused here. I thought he died.. So Kyle and Jessi try to go inside Adam, then Jessi betrays Kyle. I felt kinda sorry for her. She runs away, Kyle and Jessi start this awesome fight. Then she jumps off into the waterfall ,wow.I absolutly cant wait for 2008.
  • wow! Nice way to write the plot to ensure we keep watching!

Great episode. Now I'm eager for 2008 and Kyle XYs return. Talk about a tormented character! Jessie's character keeps the intrigue going. Now is she going to survive or what? NOt wanting to spoil anything, but I hope that her character lasts for a while longer on the show.

The family dynamics in the Trager family, the very different characters in all the teenagers and then the good and the bad in the science people - emily and ballantine...and then what about Foss...oh and of course Adam Bailin isn't going away...Putting all this together has continued to create an intriguing storyline.

And now that the show was recognized further by winning an award, could it be that Kyle XY might last for another year or two?
  • Wow! This episode actually blew my mind and left me SHOCKED! (This review contains minimal spoilers.)

Holy cow! This episode was very intense. The acting, the writing, the twists, were all completely and underly well done and I am so glad that Kyle XY will be returning in 2008. I will try to keep the spoilers low in this review for people that haven't seen it yet but oh my how good they ending was! The thing that everyone seems to be shocked at during this episode actually didn't shock me as much as the ending did! Really, this is an episode that shows the show very well and needs to be shown to everyone else. The girl that plays Jessi is a fantastic actress and needs to be doing bigger and better things (while staying on the show). Overall, this episode was fantastic!
  • Kyle and Jessi try and figure out where they both come from and the Tragers try to figure out Kyle.

This episode continues from where the last one left off. First the Kyle and Jessi story. Kyle and Jessi go in search for who they both really are. After saving Jessi from killing herself they both look for clues that Baylin and Foss left Kyle. They manage to find a diner that Baylin and the girl that Jessi resembeles went to alot. The old man that works there recognizes the two, all though it was actually the people they look like. Their journey leads them to an old cabin where they find none other then Adam Baylin. The two clones try to connect with him but Jessi delves into Kyle's mind and takes the info Madacorp wanted from him, although she couldn't help herself. Unable to live with herself, Jessi runs while Kyle trys to stop her. The two share a somewhat interesting fight scene and then Jessi jumps off a cliff so she can't hurt Kyle anymore.

At the Tragers, they try to find out who Kyle is. WHile going through all the stuff involving Kyle they all come to the conclusion that Kyle is different. The family also realizes they don't know Kyle all that well, all except for Josh who dosn't see anything wrong with Kyle. While the family keeps pointing out Kyle's piculiar behavior Josh defends Kyle argueing that's what makes Kyle Kyle. Josh also has another good emotional scene as he defends Kyle, while the family understandibly is suspicious Josh tries to remind them that Kyle is part of their family. This scene is was quite good and was done just as good as when Josh opened up about being worried about Andy, Josh knows that Kyle is his brother and that not going to change. Eventually they decide to wait until Kyle returns.

Declan and Lori also get into some drama as she tries to push Declan into telling what have he and Kyle been keeping a secret. Despite that Declan dosn't betray Kyle's trust
  • What can I say WOW!!

The title says it all! I mean what can I saw! Wow indeed. As we see through the Taggarts eyes about what they wanted to know who Kyle was as well as who Jessi was. The ending in a moment. First, Jessi I think was up to no good. As I knew that she would betray Kyle in the long run. She did "acted" really good at sounding sincere. Second, Adam Baylin is alive! Which threw the viewers off. They didn't expect him to live. Unless he had a bulletproof vest or was like he couldn't die or something. Despite Kyle lying, the Taggarts must have known that Kyle did that beacuse of his love as he considered them his family. How Jessi threw herself off and Kyle. The quesiont is...we know that Kyle will come back. As there wouldn't be a show without him. But the big question now facing in season three....will Jessi come back or is she dead?
  • The end of season 2

Kyle XY,
    Leap of Faith,
    In this season final Kyle and Jessi go around searchin for route 12. While the Tragers try to understand what they dont know about Kyle.In the end the accept they he is their son and decided to wait for his return.I wont give away everything but along the way Kyle and Jessi find the diner from the picture. They go in and are greetted by a old man who keeps telling them everything they would do.When the look for the son the old man said they would play is wasnt there.Also Jessi finds a way to enter kyles mind.After finding the way to route 12 they find a house. And ask Amanda if she knows how the songs goes.After she tells them they enter a room with a huge twist in side.Its Adam Baylem. Who was thought to have died.We are left guessing who the ashes Kyle threw really were from.After taking the files away from Kyle Jessi freaks out and throughs her self out a cliff.Still wondering what really happened and will become of this.
  • All I can say is wow!

A lot of the episodes leading up to the season finale were okay so I did not know what to expect for the season finale. The season finale was more than okay. It was excellent. A great deal of things happened in this episode but the biggest shock was that Adam Baylin was still alive. I definitely did not see that one coming. I have to say that Jessie had me fooled. I was thinking that she was trying to change her ways but in the end she ended up betraying Kyle and jumping off a dam. Something tells me that we have not seen the last of Jessie. The way this episode ended was a good way to end the season. It left a lot of unanswered questions and that will serve as a good starting point for next season.
  • What a great ending! Can't wait for next season!

This was such an amazing episode. I know Jessi would be betray Kyle, her jump was a thing of beauty. Sort of like the fugitive. The family figured everything out about Kyle's web of lies but they seemed to realize their love was most important and to let him tell his side pf the story; I was hoping we would see that but that's what maeks thtis such a great cliffhanger, cause now we have to wait. I guess the big question would be is Jessi dead? I think Kyle could survive that fall so she coudl too. I can't teo see wahat the writers have in store next. OVerall, great season and worthy of the first, for sure.
  • so in this episode we night just find out who kyle is and who jessi is. well lets hope do cuz so far its a good episode but i dont want it to be over.

this has to be the best episode so far and i love this show so much its like my best friend. and how that old man remembered then well the old them and what could be kyle's secret. well i hope this episode tells me what i want to know. I cant believe it adam is still alive. Well i wonder who the girl is in the picture. man im asking alot of questions. Oh well thats how stuff gets answered. NO!!!!!!!!! what happend to jessi did she die oh no i hope she didnt and i really dont want to have to wait till 2008 but i will have to but i wish i new what the information that she took from him was. Man im going to be crying for a while cuz i have to wait till 2008 till the new season of kyle xy :( why do they do this to me.