Kyle XY

Memory Serves

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Aug 14, 2006 on ABC Family

• I was about to descirbe this episode as slightly predicatble..

7.6
    I was about to describe this episode as slightly predictable, and I still think is was. ( The 4727n 12218w being coordinates, that indeed show up as an area near Tacoma WA in google earth - they made a point of calling it viewit earth for god knows what reason- Also Kyle's fast talking... It took them ages to get to those solution which was slightly annoying. The masked guy being Foss and the Madacorp building beig at those coordinates were predictable, and maybe even Kyle seeing himself in a picture was too, but that did surprise me a bit). What was most unexpected however was the whole online "This is not a game" Mada corp blog and ABC family clue tracker someone mentioned here !! ( I don't live in the US).
    Had a lot of fun trying to decode all messages online which really more than made up for the slightly predictable episode.
    Which by the was was quite revealing plot wise, and like someone else said the characters are getting shape more and more.( and we even got to see Kyle mad, finally he's no longer MR. Nice all the time ;))
  • Finally some answers are given.

***Spoilers Contained***

For a show that only has 10eps (for Season 1) it felt like forever to get to this point. The episode begins like any other, with Kyle wanting answers to who he his. Instead of him going threw the angst of love with Amanda or having Kyle doing extraordinary things, which have been pretty much the centerfold of every episode. It finally stops mildly.

The episode really gets going halfway threw and answers 1 of Kyle's any questions and that is "Does he have a past?". Here we find out yes he does way back in 1985 but known as Adam Bailey who has been missing for 20years. Sure, an answer was given to a single question but 4 more questions were created, "Why does he look like Adam Bailey", "Where is Adam Bailey?", "Why did he go missing?" and finally "Why'd he draw the same symbol that Kyle drew?". Frankly now I don't really mind cause the episode really made me feel truly invested in "Who the heck is Kyle XY?".

Character growth, Kyle or shall I say the actor (Matt Dallas) still IMO lack in facial acting has improved mildly, but not a lot. Kyle on the other hand has finally grown into his own and feels less "out casted" and more "human".

A familiar face, I love seeing Nicholas Lea on Kyle XY. He was a great villain on The X-Files (Alex Krycek) and he's even more mysterious here and possibly even more dangerous???

The episode on my scale rates a 7.5 out of 10, it was mildly interesting but it still could have been way better. Acting needed to play and huge part in this episode and I just didn't feel it from Matt.
  • Best episode so far

7.8
    Besides from the part in the beginning, with the ridiculous hypnosis, this episode was actually pretty good. I still don\\\'t think the actors are very talented, but I think they might be getting better! This episode was both exciting and revealing, and the ending was great. Perfect cliffhanger! It really makes you wonder... is he the same person as the Adam guy from 1985 or is he some kind of clone? No, he couldn\\\'t be the same guy since they called him by number, he must be a clone. And there must be more of them, since he had such a complicated number! I smell a dark angel rip off! Or is Josh right about him being an Alien? Nah, he\\\'s a clone. I think the next episodes could turn out pretty good. Can\\\'t wait for the season finale!
  • A little more is found out about Kyle XY.

7.9
    While at the Univeristy of Washington to check Professor Kern's office, Kyle stumbles across a picture that looks just like him. There is one problem. The picture is dated in 1985.
    Kyle goes under hypnosis to see if he can learn any more about himself or recover any more memories which he does. He remembers Tom Foss shooting Professor Kern! He also knows he isn't the only one out there. So the question has to beg is Tom Foss the good guy or the bad guy? Was Professor Kern the bad guy or the good guy? Kyle receives a dark warning from Tom Foss.
  • It just keeps getting better and better!

The show just keeps getting better and better and glad
    That it has been renewed for a secod season as
    Kyle, still wanting to know more about his past and how he
    Got here, goes with his siblings to help in the case of the missing professor who might know more about his past than he might led on. And that by trying to get to know Kyle, might had led to his disappearance!
  • What's in the woods...

This was a great episode for the mystery side of things. Kyle is in search of info at a nearby college and finds a photo of a guy that went missing twenty years ago that looks just like him! That tells us that he is some kind of clone I would think. It would be wierd if he was a clone of Foss.
    All in all this episode stepped it up a notch and has the end of the season coming up on us fast. It's going to be a long wait until season two!
  • The kids go off to the University of Washington and from their Kyle and one of the gang make their way to a nearby location... Good teaser episode. It partially answers some questions but the answers create more questions than there were t

In this episode, we finally get a little bit more of a clue about Kyle's past. Not a big clue, and not a very solid one. What we do learn of is the significance of a place.

One we did not know about, and what we have not exactly seen before.

Not a huge amount of risk, danger, action, super abilities in this episode. It seems like it is an important link in a chain that the writers of the show are building.

While it was more fun that most episodes of a lot of series, and for most of them I would count it as "above average", on this series, it is merely average. Better than par, except for Kyle XY.

Lori and Declan's relationship tends to be as screwed up as ever. Josh is still on the my-step-brother-is-an-alien jag. And the parents of the clan are as concerned yet optimistic as ever.

So in a sense, only three things change. One, is they go to the place. And the other two, you will have to watch the show to the very end to see.
  • Kyle goes to a university to try to find out more about Professor Kern and his possible connection to Kyle.

It started out as an average episode. However, it quickly became much more intense. Kyle went to the university where Professor Kern taught. He took the tests about enhanced brainpower, and got everything correct. This was no surprise. However, Kyle found a picture of someone named Adam Baylin in the professor's office. Adam looked exactly like Kyle.

Also, Kyle had a hypnotist, and it revealed the memory that Tom Foss shot the Professor. This was interesting as well. When he was hypnotized, he revealed a string of gibberish which was revealed to be coordinates of a restricted area.

The ending was quite a cliffhanger, and the next episode is eagerly anticipated.
  • It just keeps getting better

This episode has done wonders for Kyle xy fans. It answerers small questions gives you little information and adds more theorys. While I believe most TV veterans new that foss was a good guy (they worked really hard to make him look bad) no one saw the Adam guy coming. (Mada) Now it's only a matter of what's going to happen next. Great job by the writers. They keep us on our toes and with the online Madacorp web blog keeps us all intrigued well after the show is over.

This episode is amazing. Too bad everything couldn't have been this good 8 episodes ago.

The writing is the best yet, and the actors are getting better.

I must say though, Nicole's character is a little dense, why does it take her so long to figure things out? And still the tirshiary characters need to up their game. Wes stood out as such a bad actor! Also, the score was a little to overpowering in the scene between Decland and Kyle.

Kyle is too gulible and easily believes that Tom is good. Or, I have been to gulible believing Tom was bad. Well find out soon.

It's going to get crazy! I do hope they solve this mystery this season, but then I wonder what season 2 will be about.

I love 10 episode seasons, no fillers, but I hate them because they go by too fast.
  • Best episode so far

In this episode Kyle XY takes the step from corny "john doe" remake drama, to entertaining suspence "john doe" remake.
    The things that i've so far dissliked about this show is now gone.
    except for the "john doe" thing.
    After standing still since it started the show now takes a giant leap into the plot, and it works.
    Honestly im having a hard time seing how the creators will be able to keep up the tempo they now have set.
    Can't wait untill next week.
    By the way. I have a sneaking suspicion that Decland is'nt who he seems to be.
    Great episodes everybody. Peace out from Sweden
  • Well written and wonderfully performed.

Today we're putting Kyle under hypnosis to see if we can learn any more. While under hypnosis Kyle saw Kern and Foss struggling and then Foss shooting Kern. Declan is taking a trip to UDB, University of Washington, where Professor taught. I have a feeling Kyle will learn something, not much but a little something. That is freaky, Stephen gets Foss' detail switched and the next day Foss is at their doorstep. Lori and Kyle to Professor Kern's office to see if anyone recognizes Kyle, unfortunately no one does. They do get Kern's research assistant, Anna Manfredi, to test Kyle. After lengthy tests, Anna was astonished by the results of Kyle's tests. While giving the news to Lori and Declan, Kyle found a picture of himself dated by to 1985. At first, I thought the guy would be in his twenties at least, but I had to remember the guy was a grad student in '85. People always assume that the person we care about knows how the other feels. We don't say anything because we're afraid of rejection. As Lori went off with a guy, Wes, Declan realizes his true feelings for Lori. Kyle digs through Adams old research material trying to learn more about him. Declan questions Lori about sleeping with Wes, such a ten year old guilt trip. Kyle finds the symbol he drew and on the key card drawn by Adam Baylin twenty years ago along with coordinates. Tom hears that Kyle wants to go that spot in the woods and he just gets up to leave. After their little tussle, Tom tells Kyle to stop asking questions. Tom knows a lot more, and I have a feeling in time he will tell Kyle everything.

This is a great episode. Searching the present for answers to the past. If Kyle finds out who is really is how do you think the show will continue, I wonder?
  • THis show was the best t.v show i could ever watch i cant get enough of it and its driving me crazy because i cant wait till the finale

Kyle Xy is the best t.v. series you could ever ask and out of all these fantastic series, i think this specific one is the best overall because of the thrill and right when you done watching it your craving the next episode and just waiting for it to come on in a week.
  • A really interesting, entertainning episode! So many clues about Kyle are found.

I thought this episode of Kyle XY was really good. Kyle visits the University of Washington and visits Professor Kern's office, where he finds a picture of a boy who looks exactly like he does from 1985. He finds out that the boy in the picture's name is Adam, and he went missing 20 years before. Also, Lori meets a guy at the University, which makes Declan jealous. And the ending is really good. The whole episode was shocking, entertainning, and a must-see for Kyle XY fans. I think this is one of the best episodes of Kyle XY yet.
  • We get closer to solving the mystery!

Kyle, Lori and Declan go to the University of Washington to research about Professor Kern. They find a picture of a man who looks exactly like Kyle. It says that he graduated in 1985. His name was Adam Bailen. Kyle takes the Professor's various tests and gets 100% on all of them. Kyle talks with a doctor and starts talking gibberish. When Nicole slows it down, Kyle is actually saying coordinates. Kyle explores the place where the coordinates are and finds Tom Foss there. Tom warns him that if he keeps trying to find out about his past, "they" will kill him and the Tragers.

This episode was so exciting and interesting! I loved it so much! It gets a 10!
  • This episode got down to buisness!

It's about time! All of these episodes have been dancing around the real mystery: "Who is Kyle XY". This episode got down to the nitty gritty and started to unravel the truth. So many more questions were opened though. Like, what is Tom Foss's plan? What was that location? Why does Kyle look exactly like that student? This episode was a nice change from the ordinary Seatle setting. The colledge was a perfect get away episode. This episode was only good for the point of opening more questions. However, it is essential to the Kyle XY story. It is not my favorite episode, but it is definately a must see.
  • kyle probably could of toke foss on!

this episode was great. once again, the drama keeps viewers on the edge of their seat. as they try to unlock the scary past of kyle, many things come up as they go along. i can't wait to see the future episodes, this show makes monday great for me. for the people who haven't seen this show, they're missing out and its their fault. as season one is almost over, i wonder what will happen in the second series, so much has happened i don't know how many more suprises their can be. hopefully they have kyle would go out with amanda, that would be very intresting to watch kyle with his first girlfriend.
  • Lori and Declan take Kyle to the University of Washington,where Professer Kern used to work.There they meet his research assistant who helps Kyle find out more about his past.

Wow. This episode literally gave me chills. For anybody who\'s a fan, you must watch this episode. For anybody who\'s not a fan, you must watch this episode. Basically, Kyle finds out something major about his past, and at the very end, we find out more about Kyle that he doesn\'t know. This is an intruiging episode, and a very important one to the story. It\'s a huge cliff hanger, so if you recorded it, you might want to wait until next week so you can watch this one and then the next one right after so you don\'t have to wait a whole week wondering and guessing what\'s going to happen next. Turns out that it\'s not so predictable after all!
  • Kyle is heading somewhere whether he wants to or not!

This episide was a good one indeed...as are they all! Could Tom Foss really be a good guy? Never would I guess that! This show just does not stop turning and I love it! Keeps you guessing all the time! YaY!

Kyle is worried about the Trager's and is ready to stop looking for his past for their safety...what a sweety! Declen is very nice too!

Only 1 episode before the season finale...amazing to think about, its great to see how much Kyle has grown. This show will do great if it continues to a second season. Go Kyle XY!
  • Declan, Lori and Kyle go to the UW to see if they can find anything out about the Professor. They find a photograph that is very striking, as it has someone who looks exactly like Kyle but it had been taken in the 80\'s. This brings up many questions.

This episode was good but living in the seattle area it was almost an insult to us, they kind of skimp on the UW and the location 47.27 N 122.18 W Isn\\\'t really right by the UW Campus in seattle--Its actually located in a town I live just about 5 miles away from, called Auburn. I thought it was despicable that they didn\\\'t bother to find the REAL location for that. I mean sure, it\\\'s partially understandable that they wanted to keep it close to the University but anyone could just go look up the real location on the net and find out that it\\\'s in hicksville.

Other than this minor thing, I thought this episode was very good, it kept my attention, unlike many other shows I watch. Kyle XY is fairly well written but it\\\'s not really true enough to Seattle life, coming from someone who\\\'s lived in the area all my life. I actually have recommended this show to my friends
  • dang, the puzzle of kyle is coming together, piece by piece...

This episode was so incredible!

wow! so what i think is that kyle is the adam guy from 1985, and that something happened so that he was stuck in some place outside of time or something, and he stayed there for 20 years or so, then he reappeared in the forest because the people who took him out of his place back in 1985 decided that it was the right time, or the safe time to do so. because apparently, kyle/adam was involved in something that he wasn't supposed to be, so they took the initiative to get him out of there, to protect him. and professor kern will turn out to be the bad guy and the foss guy will be the good guy. but the key, the real mystery is what was kyle involved in that was so bad? so i think what happened was Kern got really far in his experiments and his research, and kyle/adam worked alongside him, and kern was the real mastermind of some evil plot because all his success got to his head, so the foss guy went off and killed him, then realized that kyle either witnessed it, or was just left behind and they had to figure out some way to deal with him so they just, yeah, took him and froze him somewhere or something.

that's gotta be the most farfetched-est thing ever, but ya know what, i think at least some elements of it will be right. Oh! and i think Declan is bad, and that it just so happened he was the person that kyle trusted, and it'll come back to bite him or something, and declan will end up betraying him and he will have known all about kyle the whole time, so then yeah. but if declan works with foss or whoever, then by my theory, he'll be good! so yay. wooooooooo!

anyway, this episode was so dang good. it was so interesting to see kyle just uncovering pieces of his past, and it all was falling into place, and matching up, and we just have to find the few remaining pieces and it'll be figured out and solved.
  • Kyle XY makes one think, wonder, and fantasize long after the show ends.

This episode is an example of what makes this show so good; it leaves us wondering and intrigued. Other reviews and the episode recap cover the details; instead let me speculate, since that is the reason I'm saying this is a superior episode.

While it is still possible Kyle is from outer space, the chances are very slim. The two possibilities I'm exploring are he's a modified clone of Adam or Adam after twenty years of experiments. I'm leaning towards him being a clone modified for his super human abilities. Could the writers be setting us up to meet the 40 year old Adam in a future episode? Who knows but talk about a fun future!

And don't forget the background TV News show heard in the first episode. The police (somewhere) find a naked girl who can't remember and about the same time Kyle appeared in the same condition. Was that filler or a clue to the Kyle's future?

As I said in my show review of Kyle, this show has many of the traits of Fox's cancelled John Doe and beyond. I'm glad ABC renewed the show!