Kyle XY

Memory Serves

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Aug 14, 2006 on ABC Family

• Finally some answers are given.

***Spoilers Contained***

For a show that only has 10eps (for Season 1) it felt like forever to get to this point. The episode begins like any other, with Kyle wanting answers to who he his. Instead of him going threw the angst of love with Amanda or having Kyle doing extraordinary things, which have been pretty much the centerfold of every episode. It finally stops mildly.

The episode really gets going halfway threw and answers 1 of Kyle's any questions and that is "Does he have a past?". Here we find out yes he does way back in 1985 but known as Adam Bailey who has been missing for 20years. Sure, an answer was given to a single question but 4 more questions were created, "Why does he look like Adam Bailey", "Where is Adam Bailey?", "Why did he go missing?" and finally "Why'd he draw the same symbol that Kyle drew?". Frankly now I don't really mind cause the episode really made me feel truly invested in "Who the heck is Kyle XY?".

Character growth, Kyle or shall I say the actor (Matt Dallas) still IMO lack in facial acting has improved mildly, but not a lot. Kyle on the other hand has finally grown into his own and feels less "out casted" and more "human".

A familiar face, I love seeing Nicholas Lea on Kyle XY. He was a great villain on The X-Files (Alex Krycek) and he's even more mysterious here and possibly even more dangerous???

The episode on my scale rates a 7.5 out of 10, it was mildly interesting but it still could have been way better. Acting needed to play and huge part in this episode and I just didn't feel it from Matt.