Kyle XY

ABC Family (ended 2009)

layle1

Kyle XY Fan Reviews page 4 of 16

• You know ending show like that it almost makes me think the people at ABC dont have a clue how to run things.

You know ending show like that it almost makes me think the people at ABC dont have a clue how to run things. This was one of the greatest and now they end it. All I can say is WOW what lousy lousy planning.

One thing was Mom Trager was kindof over the top, it did not seem like it was her character. However, opening so many different plot lines in an episode that you know is going to end. All i have to say is WHY NOW??
    This episode was one of the greatest. I think it should be brought back...in a movie just to wrap it all up!!
  • In a world where ratings and money trump loyalty and quality, another compelling, intelligent show bites the dust. And although the announcement that this would be the series finale came long ago, little was done to wrap up the storylines.

While promos positioned this as the series finale of Kyle XY, it was only a finale in that it was the last episode they'll produce, not that it completes the story. As far as episodes go, this was a good episode, but not worthy of series finale status. When a series is given advanced notice of cancellation, and the network heavily promotes the coming series finale, you expect a level of closure. Sure, when there is so much to wrap up, you can't expect everything to be neat and tidy in the end, but truly, the ONLY story line that got any closure was a 3rd level story about a supporting character and his girlfriend's heart breaking goodbye, which wasn't even all the heart breaking. Every other character was left hanging. The big reveal, not to far from "Luke, I am your father," is lame and a slap in the face as we'll never know what happens next. Individual episodes have had more fulfilling wrap ups. All the other characters are scattered and left in various predicaments with even more unanswered questions. I can only hope they do a TV movie down the road somewhere that properly wraps up the story in a true finale. Or maybe commission a comic book series like Buffy or Firefly to tell that final story.
  • I was saddened as I watched the series finale of Kyle XY tonight. There were SO MANY cliffhangers! So many possible outcomes. And I will never know the truth!

You know, I thought that the point of a "series finale" was to bring an ending to everything. Tie of all loose ends. Make sure that everyone knows what is going on. In this series finale, we don't know if Kyle is being told the truth about who his *real* family is. We don't know if he killed "his brother" - we don't know if he ends up with Jesse or tells Amanda the truth and goes with her. I mean - COME ON --- the least that we could have been done was the decency of knowing the love triangle's ending. But we don't know anything. we don't know if the clones were created or destroyed... Just so many unanswered questions. I am not pleased with ABC Family for canceling the show and I am not pleased with the writers for not giving us a better ending. At least they could have made it a 2 hour show!!!
    Goodbye Kyle XY ---I will miss you all greatly.
  • Another butchered ABC show.

I can't believe how ABC don't care about the people. This year alone the put the axe on 3 shows that I was watching: Dirty Sexy Money, Pushing Daisies and Kyle XY. The even have the nerve of not showing the ending of the other 2 shows mentioned above. From now on, I won't start waching a new serie on ABC by fear of never having the chance to watch the entire story.
  • To the hosts of tv.com I am from kyle.net and was hoping that you might wish to write an article about the fan campaign for Kyle XY. There are many dedicated individuals who are trying to get closure for this show that has touched millions.

Kyle XY is a show about a boy who comes into the world as a sixteen year old infant. Throughout the series you get to experience him growing up and finding out who he really is. This show allows viewers to see Kyle see all of humanities flaws and their triumphs. You get to experience Kyle go from his innocence of youth to an adult that realizes you have to fight for what is right.

The show is cleverly written to give the viewers plenty of mysteries that will crave you wanting more. This show is a great mixture of science fiction, drama, and mystery.

If you want to help the millions of dedicated fans get justice for this great show join us at kylexy.net.
  • ABC Family is dead to me! The "finale" did not "answer all the questions" as the promo tag line promised.

I can understand ending a show, they all do, however, ending a show in this manner is just not right. If this was the end of season, the cliff hanger was masterful, impending battles between Jessi and Amanda, Kyle and Nate, Cassidy, Cassidy's mom, oh let's just say it, next season was going to be WAR!!! I want the war and I'm pissed I will not get it.

This episode started ok with the usual dose of teen angst. Josh and Andy's sorrow, Kyle's jealousy about Amanda, Jessi pining over Kyle. After the angst portion of the evening, we move into the Nicole worry segment and the Stephen bonding portion. Let's not forget Jessi and Lori making peace (yes, Jessi in red was very hot).

Onto the intrigue. Jessi trying to bust Cassidy's safe, Amanda finding Adams notes in Nate's room, Declan and Kyle break into Cassidy's apartment, Jessi and Amanda steal the files from Nate. Finally Kyle poisoning the growth formula he was tricked into developing.

Now the end, Amanda challenges Jessi, Kyle and Cassidy face off,and for the close we learn that Cassidy is Kyle's brother!

It was fabulous for a season finale, great cliffhangers, I'm already salivating for next season. Oh wait, there is no next season! ABC Family=DUMASS.
  • How could they cancel the show with the way it ended?

After just seeing the final episaode there are so many unanswered questions. First, will Kyle kill Cassidy or let him go. Second, will Kyle tell Amanda his secret or just keep pretending. Third, will Mark help after he saw Kyle jump down from the ceiling. Also will Andy and Josh every see each other again. The BIGGEST question is who will Kyle choose in the end, Jessie or Amanda. After everyone sees the finial episode they will have the same questions too. Will we ever see Tom Fost again. Will kyle ever be free of LACNOT the way they keep coming after his family and the way he has to keep doing thing is troubling to see. I will truesly miss Kyle unless someone else picks the show up; I really hope someone does. Its just not going to be the same on mondays anymore without him.
  • This show is mind blowing. Such a great plot and great cast. PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Do NOT cancel Kyle XY!!!!!! One of the few honestly good series.

This show is mind blowing. It's really amazing, such a great plot and great cast. I can't believe they are canceling such an incredible show, while other crappy meaningless shows go on for lots of seasons!! That is such a wrong move and I hope someone will make it right. That's such a waste of great potential..I am madly in love with this show, it satisfies the viewers needs of mystery, suspense, love, affection, drama, humor... WOW!! and it has a huge impact on viewers. The kind of show that touches you deep, and at the same time is full of suspense... I want it baaaaaack!!!!! PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Do NOT cancel Kyle XY!!!!!! One of the few honestly good series.
  • Crazy Good! if the CW wants to make more money and have the pleasure of another A-list quality TV-show on their channel they should buy the rights!

Crazy Good! if the CW wants to make more money and have the pleasure of another A-list quality TV-show on their channel they should buy the rights! Canceling this show is a Crime, COnsidering All that can still be done with it! Jessie is fantastic its ridiculous the things you could do with her theres just so many, also what about more powers? sure they can do what adam balen could do but, I mean seriously they should be doing new things way off the charts of Floating and controling electrical currents - Amanda ... those lips! wow is all I have to say, also Kyle + amanda + Jessi = ? theres so much drama just right there waiting to be spilled open! Hey maybe Jessi can have a period where she likes to drink, maybe do some drugs, or possibly just being crazy rebellion? There is still just so MUCH you can do with the show still, seriously though Kyle hasnt even lost his virginity yet and he needs more then two romantic interests as well as Josh, and Jessi ... it hurts how much this show can still do, and abc wants to cancel it! Crazy talk, maybe if they had better commercials and spread them out over more channels before recently they wouldnt have had such a bad season 2 for ratings
  • i so love this show!!!

I so hope something happens and abc realises what a stupid idea it is/was to cancel this show! At first when i saw kyle going on tv i thought "oh great.. another crappy teen show about something i so dun wanna hear about" but i still ended up watching it for a few min.. Week later i found my self waiting for it to start on tv and was soooooooo hooked! lol (aired from monday to friday back then in finland)

I just cant belive abc even dares to think of cancelling this show! >.< This is so one of a kind show and has great storylines, chars, cute guys ;p.. Just everything i like in a show. If id have to think some other show that this reminds me i guess John Doe (that i dearly miss) is the closest..

All who havent seen Kyle XY yet... GO WATCH IT! NOW!! Buy dvd boxes! Get hooked and lets save this show somehow! xD
  • Kyle XY Not! This show is one of the most entertaining shows currently out. You have two genetically designed humans with super human powers. You can't ask for anything more, can you? Catch it before it ends.

Kyle XY is brilliantly cast with Matt Dallas as Kyle, our genetically designed human experiment. Kyle maybe born in a test tube but he is being raised with good values and a fine dose of morality. Kyle is an orphaned belly-buttonless teenaged boy that finds his way to the Trager family. Taken in by the social worker mother, Nicole Trager (Marguerite Macintyre) Kyle must learn what it is to be part of a family. Bruce Tomas, April Matson, and Jean-Luc Bilodeau play Steven, Lori, and Josh Trager and really give support to the extended family Kyle is part of. You will enjoy the interaction between characters and the character development. It's not too late to catch the series before its premature end.
  • Love this show!!

Ok so tell me how I F****ing love this show like what is ABC doing canceling it!!! Ugh….but I am going to miss it a lot cause everyone on the show is so talented and it kept getting better and better every season wow one of my personal favorites! I really dont understand why there getting rid of it they could off definitely come with some more ideas. I started watching it and as soon as I started i couldn't stop i couldn't get enough, and now that they are getting rid of it i have no idea what im going to do with myself ugh.
  • ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!I really DONT WANT you to take Kyle xy away FROM Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!

I really DONT WANT you to take Kyle xy away FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I really DONT WANT you to take Kyle xy away FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I really DONT WANT you to take Kyle xy away FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I really DONT WANT you to take Kyle xy away FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I really DONT WANT you to take Kyle xy away FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I really DONT WANT you to take Kyle xy away FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!

Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it !!!!!!!!!!Please dont cancel it ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I really DONT WANT you to take Kyle xy away FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I really DONT WANT you to take Kyle xy away FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• A boy is found in the middle of traffic who no clue of who he is and what he is doing there. The situation becaomes even stranger whent the boy is discovered not to have a bellly button. He is soon taken in by a caring thereapist and adjusts to regular

life with her family. He soon discovers that he is hardly normal when he begins to do things that and ordinary human being can't do. Kyle XY is a great show-I was hooked from the first episode. I have looked forward to every episode first to find out more about Kyle, like where he came from, and then in later seasons to find out about secret organizations, and just find out about the various things he could do with his abilities. I don't think I explained that very well, but it's basically a very good teen sci-fi show. I do also like th regular drama, like relationship trouble and other problems--I love teen dramas. :D Kyle XY is one of the better shows on abcfamily, it really is a shame that its going to be cancelled. I'm definitely going to miss it, this is one of my favorites.
  • Who thought of this?? - GREAT!!!

Kyle XY, I am not into sci-fi and all. But i thought why not give this show a try ( mostly because at that period of time i didn't have anything else to do) - so i sat through the PILOT, after watching it, i thought to myself, not bad at all, i enjoyed the one hour. So next week i sat for it again and began to love it, and to this day, i follow the show every week. I watch a lot of TV, a lot of shows ( LOST, prison break, heroes etc), but let me tell you something - its the most consistent show on TV. Every episode is equally enjoyable and makes you wait for the next episode.

now, i have heard that ABC is going to CANCEL the show - PLEASE do not take such a great show of the air!!!! - One thing is for sure, if the show is gone, I WILL MISS IT!!
  • The best show ever!!! Why better than Secret Life!

I love Kyle XY!!!! It is the best ABC Family really should reconsider cancelling it because the season just keeps getting better!!! This episode was exceptionally good though!! I loved the part when Jessi told Kyle how she feels I started crying I was so happy!!! The whole is amazing and Abc Family is making a huge mistake by cancelling it!! I'm so glad that Kyle and Amanda are over. I really hope that in the next episode Jessi and Kyle decide to start dating that would be awesome!! Kyle and Jessi are just so much more compatible!! Can't wait for Monday!!
  • The good and the bad about season 3 so far.

I'll start with the good ones. I'm not really sure which ones take over, though.

So, the good ones:

1. The new relationship between Lori and Mark. I've had enough with the Lori-Declan unsuccessful relationship, and like Lori said - "It is suddenly so easy", is was obvious that she and Mark will/should be together from the first time they met.

2. The humour. Nothing specific, but there were some dialogues that made me laugh.

3. Finally meeting Latnock.

4. How Josh really loves Andy and misses her.

And the bad ones:

1. Jessi's staying with the Tragers. At their house. Instead of leaving forever with Sarah which I was hoping would happen.
    Seriously, even though Jessi is connected to the whole mystery, her character is highly annoying and she messes up with Kyle and Amanda.

2. Kyle and Jessi's "electric kiss".
    I hate it when somehow they are close in a romantically-suggestive way, and this was a major happening of that kind.

3. Kyle and Amanda's break-up. They had been the best couple in the series and them not being together anymore makes the series weird. Also,

It's totally strange that Amanda decides to start dating another guy shortly after the break-up, given that she loves Kyle so much.

4. Jessi's mean remarks in regards to Amanda, and her obsession with Kyle. Why can't she just accept her place?

5. The fact that Mark doesn't tell Lori about his connection with Latnock, and that he puts his job on a higher priority than his relationship with her.

In the bottom line, I really hope that Kyle and Amanda will be together by the end of the season (which is the last one, sadly), and that more information about the whole mystery of the past of Adam and Sarah will be discovered.
    I wonder how it will be possible in only 5 episodes...
  • The story of a young teen who was found roaming around the streets naked and without a memory.

This is a great show. The characters are wondeful and are actually very influential.The show on the other hand is well directed and i love the storyline. The storyline seems to be heading somewhere and the complications are really great, one minute you think you know where they are going i.e you think they are on track then the next minute you are thrown off-guard,I just love that kind of suspense. The characters are great my favorites would have to be Josh, Jesse and Kyle.The three of them just crack me up,Josh with his crazy attitude,Jesse withher wierdness and Kyle with his baby boy attitude,it just drives me insane and I love it. Finally a great show so bad that it has been canceled,how am i supposed to know if Kyle and Jessi are going to end up together i'm sorry but I just don't like Amanda.
  • I love the show a lot! Please don't let it be cancelled. Inform others who never saw this show to watch it, get more viewers. More viewers + Higher ratings = More seasons of this great show.

I love all the episodes, especially those from last season. This season is developing great plot, it would be a shame if it were to end after this season is done. I love all the witty character, and how Kyle and Jessi are developing. I can see them as brother and sister. As with Amanda and Kyle's relationship, I wished she knew the whole story but that would put her in danger. So the plot of the show is so enticing, that I want to watch more episodes.

Please support this show! It really means a lot to those who are loyal to this great series!
  • Really shocked and upset about ABC Family to axe Kyle XY

Not only season 3 was is very short - only 10 episodes! - but now comes the announcement that ABC Family cancels the show altogether, in favour of the rather boring / blend 'Secret Life of American Teenager' - dah! what could have expected? of course teenage pregnancy will get more viewership then a cool sci-fi kid! This is America after all!! Not impressed at all.

Kyle XY was very well written, produced and acted. The cast was truly amazing; and it was cool to see Kyle growing up stages. I hope ABC Family will reconsider or at the very least will give us a 2-hour grand finale, and not leave us hanging there like so many American shows do nowadays.
  • An awsome show, everytime i watch it i cant get enough, a show i get everyone i know intreasted in i adore this show it has become my favourite show!

An awsome show, everytime i watch it i cant get enough, a show i get everyone i know intreasted in i adore this show it has become my favourite show i love the relationship between the charecters and just like the atmoshphere around i love how after each episode it keeps you coming back for more leaving you on the edge of the seat its a continus run show that everyone would love i know i do i personally signed up to express to everone my love of this show which i have not given justice to yet. I Adore this show . The Best Thing Out !
  • This is the story of a boy with extraordinary powers who learns to love and live in a world so foreign to him. Driven by a bizarre and moving sense of justice and human kindness, Kyle embarks on an adventure that will potentially change the world.

Adorable and funny, this show reminds me why I am incapable of staying in the sci fi loving closet. Naturally I have questions, like seriously, they're in a tank for sixteen years, and perfect hair?? And yet, I totally buy it. Having only recently discovered this fine show, I am clearly miles behind the game but how could you not love it? A beautiful teenaged boy finds himself, covered in goo thrown into a world that he doesn't understand. Tossed thoughtlessly into a juvenile facility, unable to communicate his confusion, the boy's only hope is the over sensitive psychologist who immediately and maternally falls for the boy, taking him home to stay with her family. Slowly and intuitively, the newly named Kyle observes and develops relationships with his surroundings. Yet, the more he learns the more he realises how different he is from the people surrounding him. Only comfortable sleeping in a bathtub, sans the birthing essential belly button, Kyle discovers that the disparities between himself and other people extend far beyond his initial understanding. Excited, yet traumatised by his yearning to know his identity, Kyle begins the journey of recovering who or what he is. Driven by a love for his new family and friends Kyle learns how to become a teenage boy. Matt Dallas emits a fantastic sense of wonderment and awe with the world. Its easy to feel the discovery with Kyle. Dallas seamlessly emotes confusion and development, leading the audience through birth and into adolescence. I'm still not convinced that the wooden-ness is intentional, but the sweetness in his eyes gives me confidence. The cast as far as I have seen fall into their characters beautifully so far. Hooray for ridiculous story lines and beautiful people doing extraordinary things that mean the world is a better place.
  • About a kid, Kyle, who was created and finds his comfort in a family he creates, rather than is born into, while having to deal with his own problems like his enormous IQ and special abilities

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! This show is the best show that i have ever seen, and i love watching tv. As a matter of fact let me start with the fact that i hope it continues with a couple more seasons cause i wish i had my fix of Kyle Xy every day. This show has something, i believe most shows dont have these days. It has mystery, that keeps you wanting more. It has drama, which also keeps you wanting more, but keeps it relative to everyones life at some point or another. It has family, something everyone has or wants at some point in there life, and it also entertains the idea that you dont have to be born into a family just to fit in. It has action, people love seeing stuff blow up and people do the impossible. All around i believe this show is VERY well rounded and i believe that the people who dont like the show have only heard negative things about the show from people who didnt like it, have very closed minds, or have only seen one episode and didnt like what was said or happened. The truth is, is that this show happens to relate to a lot of people, parents and teenagers, with things that go on in here. I know one thing, I will own this ENTIRE series if/when the show ends, which i hope it goes on for a couple more seasons, cause i believe they can keep it going and make it bigger and better.
  • Follows the life of a extrodinary boy, who has no idea who he is.

A teenage boy (Matt Dallas) wakes up in the woods with no memory of who he is. He is taken in to a juvenile detention centre. He is released into the the care of Nicole Trager (Marguerite McIntyre) a mother of two who is also a social worker, she also gives the stray the name Kyle. Her husband Steven Trager (Bruce Thomas) and two children Lori Trager (April Matson) and Josh Trager (Jean-Luc Bilodeau) are not thrilled to have Kyle move into their household, but learn to accept him. Kyle immediatley fall for the girl next door Amanda Bloom (Kirsten Prout). Every day the Tragers are figuring out new things about Kyle and the extrodinary things he can do.
  • What a disappointment.

I usually like this genre and try each one but I was incredibly disappointed with this show.

Second-rate acting (especially by 'Kyle'), boring storylines (does anyone actually care whether or not these teenage losers actually go to prom?) and some of the lamest dialogue I've ever had the misfortune to listen to. Not to mention the cardboard characters. Far too much time is spent on the 'normal' activities and too little on the reason to watch the show. A script writer who could manage a little decent dialogue would do wonders but alas. I certainly won't bother watching this again.
  • Kyle XY is the story of how one young man created in a test tube must go against the odds and bring down a mad scientific corporation. All while balancing his life as a teenager and as a new member of a family.

Kyle XY is a wonderful combination of sci/fi and teenage drama. It is entertaining as it lures audiences into the virtuous life of Kyle and his encounters with the real world. It stands out because the story isn't cheesy. It feels real.

Each season we see a new chapter unfold. The exciting part is actually the pace of the series. It isn't too fast where you miss out on the details. It becomes fun to unravel the mystery on Kyle XY because the main character needs to adjust to life as a teenager.

Kyle XY is in my circle of favorites.
  • An amazing show about a young man who is genetically altered. All he wants to do is learn about his past just like any person would want to if the had no memories.

Simply amazing since the shows debut in 2006 it has had a great run. The story is very interesting and it always had you on the edge of your seat waiting for more. When the first season ended it totally kept you wanting more. When the second season started the following summer it was like getting a fix this show is amazing it has a lot of heart. Then again ABC Family has a lot of great shows on their channel. if you like Kyle Xy I would recommend that you watch Greek that isnt as serious as Kyle Xy but it is really interesting.
  • A mysterious teenager is found disoriented in the middle of traffic. Kyle, as he is later named, lacks a navel and has no recollection of his past. Taken in by the Trager family, Kyle discovers that he has extraordinary abilities.

Kyle XY is the best family science fiction series I have seen. I love this series because it full of emotions, comedy and some out of the world stuffs and events that is so great to watch. This series is great for anyone who love drama mixed in with science fiction. To anyone who might be interested in seeing this series then you should go to ABC Family Channel or the network's website to see episodes or to buy the season on DVD. I can not wait until the new season airs on television. I am so glad I can watch this series when it is on.
  • Kyle XY has a first impression that makes you think this may be a little bit odd for me, but as the series progresses, you fall in love with the characters, and the emotion is quite strong and you follow them to find out who Kyle XY is..

My first impression of Kyle XY wasn't that extraordinary. I felt it was a good series to watch now and then on Fox 8 (Kyle XY's Australian premier broadcasters), but after watching the first and second episode, I fell face flat for the performance of the actors & actresses, and the emotional output from the show itself (characters, story like, etc)..

Have yet to see all the episodes, but have watched up to Season 2 episode 3, and from there, I felt it was time I joined TV.com (after lurking it for years) just to review this show and join those who also enjoy it..

As the series progresses, you find out a lot of information, and not just small things that don't make a difference (every episode has so much information, you end up on the edge of your seat by the middle of it, and then on the floor by the end of it because you realized there's yet another cliff hanger)! Each episode is significantly important in the series, and it's just all that better to have another series, that sure, it follows the every day life of teenagers and family-issues, but has that emotional twist that Kyle wants to find out who he is.. and most importantly, what he is.

I recommend this series to anyone who likes the drama / mystery genre (there's far more than that, as well).
  • ive never took the time to watch this show except once.

kyle xy definetely seems like a decent show i mainly like it for the mystery sense i got while i watched it i thought it had some potential.one time when i was watching the first time really.i was eating out in a chineese restaraunt and saw in on the actual abc channel so i figured i bet this shows got quite a bit of potential.when the new season begins ill be recording it because i want to learn about what the story actually is about i think its going to be a good show for me possibly a daily fix although i have to wait a whole year :d ill try to hold out.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10