Kyle XY

ABC Family (ended 2009)

layle1

Kyle XY Fan Reviews page 9 of 16

• Its a show about, a guy thats wakes up in the forest and moves in with a family and descover he have amazing IQ and he search for his past .

It's good, tho feels like they borrowed the O.C lost boy needs a family theem, Just not hope it ends up like it.
    The show have grate potential but in my opinion it can go eather way its to soon to tell. But i can easy see this show becomming the next FOTM(Flaver of the month) show. Matt Dallas is perfect for the roll as kyle he have that way to look clueless at all times. Wating for the next episode and hope it go on in the same spirit as the last ones .. and its a show worth to see.
  • This is a great show about a boy with a mysterious past, who is struggling to understand human behavior and his own past. He sleeps in the bathtub and he is a fast learner. His foster family the Traegers are also complex people trying to help Kyle.

So I just started watching this show on Sunday when they played the first season over again, I have two more episodes to watch before I can catch the season 2 premiere. I love Kyle's innocence, and his understanding of things he offers a great analysis of our society, wondering why one thing is more important to them over another. The mystery surrounding him is not the only thing that keeps me watching, the show offers a great look at the dynamic of people and of families.

The Traeger's are a great family, the relationship that Nicole and Stephen have is great, they are both husband and wife and friends. Nicole's genuine help for Kyle is astounding, and Stephen's alternative help to Kyle by allowing him to feel as though he is not so different. Lori is a great character, she is complex even though she seems like the typical teeny bopper, it would seem she would have nothing to do with taking in a strange kid, but she is genuine with Kyle and really cares for his well being. Josh offers a lot of comedic relief, believing Kyle is an alien, and trying to be an all around babe magnet.

I can't wait to find out what happens next.
  • The show is cool!

Being somewhat of a mix of a soap-opera, "The Pretender", and "Dawson's Creek", this show certainly surprised me, especially since I don't much care for those three.

We start with a basic mysterious boy story - he has some exceptional abilities, no memory, a caring psychiatrist, a newly acquired family to take him in, and a mysterious stalker - within which setting he must try to discover his identity.

This premise sounds pretty boring and even overdone in movies and TV, but the show grew on me, and I was hooked by the end of the season. Though many comments complain about the poor script and wooden acting, I beg to differ. Matt Dallas is well cast as a juvenile and naive character. He is supposed to have that doe-eyed-in-on-coming-head-lights look. I have to admit that some of the overall dialogue approaches cheesiness at times, but for the most part, the story stands well on its own and makes up for that.

I also thought this had nowhere to go after the first season, but the writers managed to put in a decent finale that will keep fans interested for the next season.

Some people have complained about the "adultness" of the material. I suppose this isn't the type of show for children to watch if they aren't yet familiar with typical teenager topics like sex, drinking, relationships, drugs, and general mischief; all the stuff that I'm sure many parents want to turn a blind eye to. Is it appropriate for ABC Family channel? You be the judge. Try it out, though. I think you'll enjoy the series. 10/10
  • This is pretty weird. Who is that Kyle? What is this show? A comedy? Romance? Science Fiction?

This is pretty weird. Who is that Kyle? What is this show? A comedy? Romance? Science Fiction? I'm watching it on Fox Crime, so is it a crime drama? I guess it is a little bit of all that. A mess of all sorts of genres and after first episode, I honestly find it stupid. They find a strange teenager in the woods with no memories at all, and a woman is letting him stay into her house, with her kids just like that! Please. But I wanted to know what will happened next. I wanted to know who is Kyle. Why he does not have memories? What happened to his navel? What will hi do next? So I watched the second episode...and then the third...and so one. And now I like it. Those damn writers, they knew what to do to hook an average TV viewer to this. O.K, to be fair, it is a interesting story so far. And I'm looking forward for the new episodes.
  • Ok, cute show but it needs some work.

Kyle XY, what can I say? Even the name sounds boring, washed up, and so abc family. What I really don't get is that it's not even a family show? Episode 4, diving in, goes into the whole sex talk and the main character even has an erection! So there's an innocent family show for you there. It lacks those irrestible funny and sarcastic lines that I love in shows, and tries to make up for it by casting a cute/hott Kyle and family for the show. As Kyle "struggles" to find his place in the world, abc family makes a blind attemt at a sci-fi/action adventure thriller. It's pathetic. I also don't like Kyle's voice overs on all the episodes. This show lacks wit, and why it got renewed will always be a mystery, besides the fact that's it's abc family and what other good shows do they have anyway? However, after all of it's numerous faults, Kyle XY makes up for it by having an exceptionaly new idea for a show and keeping watchers hanging after every episode. It has a great conspiracy plot, that totally saves the show from the make or brake test. Being an action/adventure girl all the way, this show lacks the charm but somehow pulls through with a clever plot and daring conflicts, even overcoming the depressing family lessons the network tries so hard to get across.
  • A decent Sci-Fi/Coming-of-Age Drama.

It's surly not the best I've seen on TV but I'll give it credit for having it's suspenseful moments. It's a dark show but I feel it's a little to overwhelmed by light teen angst.

Acting, is off by a long shot. Matt Dallas just doesn't or hasn't yet proven he's a good lead actor. His face shows hardly any emotion other then "Oh, I'm happy" or "Oh, I'm sad". He gives to much of a cold stale face. The supporting cast on the other hand IMO carry the show, without them I'm sure Kyle XY wouldn't be this big or minor hit.

Mythology, is the only thing I'm midley interested in. Season 1 has given a lot of great clues to "Who's Kyle XY?" but hopefully Season 2 ventures out and deeper into it. I have a feeling if it does this and try to spread it's wings from the Trager family for at lease a few episodes Kyle XY could turn into a great series like Season 2 of Roswell.

Yes, many fans may not agree with this review but it's my opinion and it could possibly change, I have quite an open mind if you could believe this. So until I see Season 2, I'll leave it at this:

Kyle XY get's a 6.5 out of 10, it's a mediocre sci-fi with heart.
  • A really good show which one cannot miss... In the begining i could not get what is going on but then i started to get what the story is about....

This series is one of my personal favourites. I learned by this series by watching its trailer on television...and then i was pretty interested on starting watching it...

When I had the last episode to watch I was going a bit nuts to learn what really happened to Kyle and get more information on his past...

Kyle is a person who learns quickly and is very inteligent. Altough he was not accepted immediately by his family they learned to love him and in the end we can see the love that they shared and how difficult it was for them to be parted...

The best thing about this series is the lessons that are learned especially when Kyle lied for the first and what guilt does to the brain... It won't let you rest.

I can't wait for the second series to beign which is just a few days away... Let's see where this story will lead..
  • Kyle XY... who is he?

Kyle XY is an entertaining show. It has suspense and drama, and hilarity. Kyle wakes up without knowing who he is and he has no bellybutton. He gets thrown into a juvenile detention center and later moves in with Nicole ( a psycologist or something to that effect) and her family. Kyle does not know how to do many things and is completely clueless. This show is about him finding out who he is and the interation of the family that more or less adopted him. They are on a neverending search to find out the truth, even though there are many dangers on the path to the truth. This is a wonderful show and you should tune into ABC Family and watch it!
  • great, great show

This show is comething you want to watch over and over and it really attracts you and it’s interesting. Kyle rocks and he’s really like a baby. This show has this real feel touch to it. You like kyle the best and it is very interesting. I got this dvd from my mom along with dinosaurs and eragon. This is y far the best, it even looks most attractive. You should watch It today, now so bt o o ottom line is: kyle ky is a very good show and one of the bestontelevision, i highly reccomned the first season
  • This show is about a boy who has extoridanry gifts,and is very bright,but yet has no meomry.He is taken in by a nice family the Tragers.Kyle is struggling with love and finding out the truth about his past.He gets in situations but finds a way to get out

I personally think this is one of the best shows on abc family because it's exiciting and fun.It will have you guessing and begging for more.It's so exciting and suprising you will never know what will happen or what to except or wil this happen or that.In this show there is always a suprise it could be something you wanted to happen or something you did not either way what ever it is it's always good.Sd don't be suprised if Kyle or that new girl also with no belly button is related or goes together or Kyle and Amanda.
  • This is one of the greatest shows!

Kyle XY is about a teen who doesn't remember anything, but is extremely smart and has superhuman abilities. A family, the Tragers, take him in and they aid in trying to find out who he really is. There is Stephen, Nicole, Lori and Josh. Lori's boyfriend is Declan who knows more about Kyle than any of the Tragers and Amanda, a friend and the love interest of Kyle. This show has a lot of mysteries to be solved and it leaves you at the edge of your seat! I absolutely love this show and the more I watch, the more I want to know! This show is just amazing and gets a perfect 10 from me!
  • it is about a teenage boy who is like an alein

Kyle xy is one of the best sci-fi shows i know. It is a very interesting show to watch about a boy who is like a genuis. He looks like a teenager but isnt really human at all. he has no belly button which is weird. He learns things the secound he sees them which is cool. He has no idea where he came from. He is living with a family whoes mom is studying kyle. He is smarted than the average human, probably because he is not human. this is an awesome show to watch. I love to watch this show
  • Kyle Xy is the one of the best Sci-Fi show. Kyle is like a human but not really a human. My favorite character in this show are Kyle and Amanda. I enjoy watching Kyle Xy. I very happy that Kyle Xy got 2 season. Matt and Kriten are good actor and actress.

Kyle Xy is the one of the best Sci-Fi show. Kyle is like a human but not really a human. My favorite character in this show are Kyle and Amanda. I watching Kyle Xy everyday on ABC Family at 8. Kyle Xy is very intersting and fun to watch. The one who play Duclan he the very good friend to Kyle. I love this episode called Endgame. It's very good episode. All of Kyle friend were so nice to him before he go. Trager family are very kind too Kyle. I am very happy that Kyle Xy got 2nd season. I hope Kyle Xy will have 2 more season.
  • This show is only good because of on person..... Matt Dallas

This show is good!! I love it because its like no show I've ever seen, and it doesnt hurt that the main character is hot!! This show is so amazing even though its kind of weird cause something like this could never happen!!! I can't wait till the second season comes out June 11!!! I wanna know what happens with Kyle and his "parents" and of course all of the other characters. I also want to know what happens between kyle and amanda and lory and decklin!!! I have no interest in what josh is up to cause I think his character is mean to kyle.
  • Mystery and suspense, you gotta love it.

To me watching Kyle XY is like sitting down and relaxing while reading a great mystery novel. I'm one of those kinds of people that like different and this is definitely that. Kyle is a fresh new young face on tv and he is perfect for his role. The characters are still developing being that this show has just been on one season but I can't wait for the second season to start and see what direction everyone's path takes in life, especially Kyle's. I hope a type of suspense and mystery will stay in this show to keep it interesting and alive. Hopefully it stays and doesn't get cancelled as well.
  • It's a good show, to me kyle makes me feel sorry for him(lol) like it's sad.But I like this show.

I Like this show,...it's interesting. Like I wasn't interested in this show at first,...but when I was fliping to the channels, I had no choice but to watch it. And I have to admit it's,...pretty Cool!

All the attention on Kyle(feel sorry for that dude).This show has lot's of secret's to reveal,....maybe on the next season."Where he come from?","Why is he weird?""What happened in the past?"I guess we're going to have to wait.....and see what will happen
  • look below

what do u get when u have a goverment facility making perfect human beings with excellent memory capacity, brain usage, and just about everything. What do u get when a boy wakesu up in a forest, no memory, no belly buttom, and no vocabulary. What do u get when u put that boy in a completley new house and TRY to teach him about society. KYLE XY! The best show i've seen in ages. Mystery, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Murder, Action/Adventure, Mischeif, and Comedy all come together as this boy and a family try to find about his past, slowly endangering themselves, Kyle, and possibly the whole human race. Thta's all i got to say.
  • I haven't seen this show since it's season finale and I miss it so much...

OH MY GOSH!! I freaked out when I heard this show was coming back for a second season I got so excited and I can't wait till it comes back. I think that Kyle XY is an original show and the writers of this show have an amazing imagination aand are very very talented. When this show comes back im gonna watch every single episode write up until it ends it's second season and begins its third. ~ ANYWAYZ ~ Dang! That Matt Dallas is so hott (he plays kyle) he gots those cute eyes that just look awesome on the character he plays! Well I can not wait to see what will happen next...
  • very funny and awsome show.. i personally recommend it!

wow ,what a show..
    what an actor.. yami!
    i think this show has to be in the top shows list, it's the appropriate place for it! well that's what i think.
    very funny, very cute and very fantastic show.. its about a guy named kyle who came out of nowhere( at least nobody knows where he came from yet), and it seems like he was just born. in this show kyle learns about peoples behavior, and he learns it in a very funny way!

all my sisters(3)loved it, and trust me its rare that my sisters will like what i like..
    this is my recommendation to you. i think its worth seeing!!
  • Can't wait for second season

Great Cast, script, what a delightful 1st Season. What a wonderful show, really enjoyed the mystery of the first season, the family dynamics of the Tragers and the weird of wonderful things Kyle did. Lookign forward to how there going to continue this great show and what twists lie ahead for Season 2. Thankgod for downloading or I think I'd never see it in Australia.
  • Great Cast, script, what a delightful 1st Season.

• AWSOME DUED!!

to my magical amazing opinion to all belifs i think this show is the best out of all of them. this show doesnt have as much action and adventure as the rest but this show is still toatally awsome. it has a way cool kid that magically apeard and is revealing its past, while he figures out emotions and school. but even there e kicks but by saven his borther. this show does really deserve a 10 out of 10 no wait, it deserves a 10000 out of 10000. who ever does not see this show is so bizares in so many levels. GO SEE IT!
  • A show worthy of your time

A teenager of unknown identity suddenly wakes up naked in a forest and looks just like a newborn baby... Do you think this is weird? Think again! One of kyle XY's greatest characteristics is the weird way by which we get to find out bit by bit Kyle's true identity and the reason why he woke up in that forest and in that state. Other good qualities of this show are it's great mystery , good way of showing the importance of family values and original plot. Of course there is also the clever enallage between humour and suspensefull moments which will really keep you interested in these series.
  • wow whothought of this is this such a good show with myspery and susp[ence action and adventure it has everthing you would want in a show now al you have to do is turn in to this shwo and watch it and i garentte you will love this show

this show is the best i dont know who came up with it but i would want to know and gine them an award because this show is the best i love it it has everything you would want in a tv show and i garentte you will love it to, now all you have to do is tune in to this show mondays at 8 on abc family and eveyweek i bet you will find your self sitting on the sofa watching this show with your frineds or even with you family
    1 now watch this show remember this show is on mondays at 8 on abc family and i bet this will be your new best friend too1
  • Really fantabulous show people.

When I first saw previews I thought what a stupid show who would actually wanna watch that? But then one day I was flipping channels and I saw a really interesting show that had be hooked already. I found out later it was Kyle XY what a surprise for me! I put aside my initial first judgment and became a BIG fan it was interesting and funny not to mention a great plot. To some it up it's about a teenage boy who wakes up in the middle of the woods with no memory whatsoever a family takes him in and they bond while trying to help the boy, Kyle, learn about life.
  • At first glance, this show seems cutting edge SCI-FI family drama. At second and third glances - just the family drama remains.

2.4
    KYLE is a boy, roughly 16 years old (wrong actor...) found by the authorities naked and brought to the care of a family.

Kyle suffers from amnesia and has to learn everything anew: how to sleep, how to eat and how to speak.

The method in which this is obtained is an internal dialogue and questions Kyle asks himself.

These methods DO NOT work, and leave, in my opinion, a bad sticky daytime soap taste in your mouth.

Makes me feel like the writers of this shown are trying to teach the viewers the meaning of a family and tries (un)affectively to teach them a lesson each episode: "Family","Tell the truth","Friend" etc..

I leave this show to those who like the mediocre acting, the PBS messages and bad storyline.
  • i LOVE this show. It's my new best friend!

Where I live Kyle XY dosen't show anymore :(
    It's a great show.
    Kyle is a strange boy,he was found naked in the forest.
    Kyle was actullay a witness to a muder and the killer left him in the forest,Kyle woke up without any memory of this.
    Mrs. Trager is a phcologist(i think).
    Then she ended up taking Kyle home. Then later on he became part of the family.
    Kyle is also in love with the girl next door.
  • Kyle, a boy with no memory and no belly button, is adopted by the Trager faimly.

Kyle XY is a really touching show. When the story begins Kyle knows nothing about himself or the world he has woken up in. The story may sound like it has been done before but it is truely great. The characters, mainly Kyle, are unique. Each one different than the other. You have the sister who doesn't want to lose her popularity because of Kyle, the annoying brother, and the parents who just want to keep Kyle safe. In each episode Kyle discovers a new human emotion or feeling. Kyle learns many things about life including love, hate, and popularity. But the main struggle in the series is about his inability to know who he is himself. Just when Kyle thinks he is onto something another question pops up. Kyle XY is a really touching show about humans. Season two will air this summer.
  • I think this is a cute show, i hope it comes back on. I would like to see what happens. Good Show!!

I started watching this sho because my Stepmom told me about it. I started watching it after that. It is a pretty good show. I look forward to the new season. I think the story line is interesting. Also the actors are pretty good, too. I havent heard anything about it since the season finale. So, I assumed it wouldnt be back. I looked it up on the internet tonight and found it it was coming back on this summer. I can't wait. I hope the show will show us more into Kyle's past. He is a cute kid. I look forward to the new season.
  • The series follows the life of kyle, a seemingly lost teenager found in the middle of a forest with a very high IQ, but no idea where he came from or how things work.

The plot of the series seems unoriginal, but the story line and the cast makes up for it, with good acting from "kyle" himself and an interesting take into human interaction as seen from the point of view of kyle. While "Kyle" seems to old to play a 17 year old teenager, the actor playing kyle does a good work of portraying the seemingly lost and clueless mannerism of kyle, while the family portrays well a "normal" family, with all its quirks and conflicts.
    Since it is shown in ABC Family, expect plenty of family drama, teen angst, and the lack of cutting edge and a more provocative story line. Still, its pretty good for a family drama.
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13