Kyle XY

ABC Family (ended 2009)

layle1

Kyle XY Fan Reviews (459)

• mhm, so, where should i get started probably I should mention the fact that this is the first review I'm writing here so dont be too hard on me^^ but to cut it short: damn, this sucks

3.7
    so , the title of this show and also the plot sound rather interesting, some boy found in the middle of the street, not knowing who he is or what the hell \\\'s going on arround him...

the story behind this thing isn\\\'t really bad I admit, it has potential, there\\\'s mystery, personal issues, blablabla , but the way it\\\'s actually done really really sucks.... hard

the dialogues are completly dumb and not at all authentic, so are the charakters , just about every time they open their mout you instantly feel that it\\\'s a faked dialogue, and fake people talking

the charakters are ..... well not authentic, not at all believable, theres a dad who a puss*(sorry for the language but thats pretty much summing it up) , a daughter who is supposed to go through the issues every single tv show like this is facing (relationships with boys, first sex etc....) but it is just hard to take any interest in her or in any of the charakters for that matter(at least it was for me)
    (if you saw the Pilot of Eureka, you already know what you are going to have to deal with regarding dialogues and charakter "desing")

the (not really exellent) acting combined with the weak dialogues and the not-so-great plot just make this show into a \\\"ok, i\\\'ll watch it, theres nothing else on\\\" kinda thing , but nothing more

it definetly has potential, but my hopes for kyle xy are pretty low scale

(also I apologize for my english, it\\\'s not my mother tongue, I guess it\\\'s not so bad but far from being perfect)

duke
  • What a disappointment.

I usually like this genre and try each one but I was incredibly disappointed with this show.

Second-rate acting (especially by 'Kyle'), boring storylines (does anyone actually care whether or not these teenage losers actually go to prom?) and some of the lamest dialogue I've ever had the misfortune to listen to. Not to mention the cardboard characters. Far too much time is spent on the 'normal' activities and too little on the reason to watch the show. A script writer who could manage a little decent dialogue would do wonders but alas. I certainly won't bother watching this again.
  • Boring. Cheesy and cheap. Unoriginal. Horrible show.

I started wacth Kyle XY after reading some positive coments on this site (Tv.com).

I didn't know nobody who wacth this and i be intrigue and decided to start wacth.

The show has a couple misteries, the most important is WTH is Kyle?? But with the shows budget being so low, it become cheesy and boring.

I wacth the first and a part of the 2nd seasons and decided to not go back. The show has a bad act for almost everyone on the cast with the exception of the lead (Matt Dallas). He's a midly good actor, but he looked retarded in the character of Kyle. It has his moments, but can't save the show alone. The scripts are awful, the way they play the histoty are wrong and the direction of the show let me dissapointed. The first season i almost have to hide myself during the show, so bad it was. And the 2nd season even with some improvement don't get much better.

It's a teen show, the worst i ever wacth, and i not a fan of teen shows, i only have wacthed The OC and OTH (another so-so show that i give up after 2 season). I wacth because the sci-fi aspect of the show, and i regret because they don't know how to do this.

I know the hardcore fans will disagre with this review, but seriously, you guys need to wacth better shows.
  • Ugh......

This better not influence a lot of future TV shows.... You know, where there is one idea that dozens of people use?? This one is a very bad one.... Many people like this show right now, but not everyone does, and unless they change a lot of things in this show, my feelings for this show will never change. This show is so horrible, that I would actually consider watching Teen Titans or Danny Phantom than this show.... It premiered on ABC Family, so I blocked that channel. Now It seems to be on regular ABC...... Now there is another channel that I am going to block!! Lots of people wonder what Kyle XY is. I know exactly what Kyle XY is: A Freak.
  • Simply John Doe meets the OC in Middle America. Oh what joy..

This show seems to parallel another show called John Doe. In fact it mirrors the show's introduction. A man finds himself naked in the wilderness, unsure of who and where he is. The only difference being that in Kyle XY main character is a teenage boy instead of a man, and he knows nothing about the world other than Advanced Mathematics, Karate, and how to type extremely fast. Oh.. and how to draw. The show can best be described as John Doe meets the OC in Middle America. Oh what joy..

Overall, an interesting yet unorigional show. However I'll watch every episode because I immensly enjoyed John Doe's premise, and Kyle XY's is exactly the same.
  • At first glance, this show seems cutting edge SCI-FI family drama. At second and third glances - just the family drama remains.

2.4
    KYLE is a boy, roughly 16 years old (wrong actor...) found by the authorities naked and brought to the care of a family.

Kyle suffers from amnesia and has to learn everything anew: how to sleep, how to eat and how to speak.

The method in which this is obtained is an internal dialogue and questions Kyle asks himself.

These methods DO NOT work, and leave, in my opinion, a bad sticky daytime soap taste in your mouth.

Makes me feel like the writers of this shown are trying to teach the viewers the meaning of a family and tries (un)affectively to teach them a lesson each episode: "Family","Tell the truth","Friend" etc..

I leave this show to those who like the mediocre acting, the PBS messages and bad storyline.
  • I'm usually not into children's shows, but this was even more excruciating than the Teletubies.

3.5
    Ok, I know that a lot of people are now going crazy that their precious show was just called a children's show, but come on - just look at it. A lot of topless people, cheesy parents, lame humor, a "mystery" that isn't mysterious, an unparalleled lack of ACTING. Most of the characters' performance makes me want to put my finger in my eye and twirl it around. Seriously, this is awful.

This so called "DRAMA" is set in a USA suburb where a cheesy little family (oh the usual, uptight yet flexible mother, cool yet STRONG father, an obnoxious little 12 year old typical kid who gets on my nerves and the typical 15 arrogant idiotic daughter that has problems because her so called boyfriend likes another bulimic slut) adopts a troubled teenager who acts like an infant. But behind it there are the BAD GUYS! Oh yeah, now this was actually really funny. Even too funnny. Hysterical. We never get a clue of what's happening. It's like a poor X-files wannabe that doesn't even live up to the hype that X-files exceeds perfectly. Typical children's movies bad guys which motives aren't clear and they are so evil and they want to hide everything. Usually the scenes of the bad guys were a minute long and were complete wastes of time; we didn't learn anything nor understood anything. Regardless of the show sucking so badly, the only thing I enjoyed was the eye candy Declan, that bulimic girl's "boyfriend". He was so hot!
  • Interesting enough, but seems a little unstable.

Having only watched the first three episodes, the show sure is exciting enough to continue, however the reason I stopped, is because I think some parts really screems b-series. Partially bad acting and bad directing made me skip the next episode and go watch something else.
    You get the "look at me I'm such a fast learner that everyone else is stunned over and over again by my skills" kind of feeling followed by totally unrealistic behaviour. It simply throws you off the hook.

At first I thought that maybe kyle xy had a rough start, until I looked at the episode scores and saw that the score was about the same for the first episodes as the rest. Therefore I'm not sure if this one is worth continuing.

If anyone else agrees with me about the first episodes, and think the next ones improved, please tell me.
  • Ok, cute show but it needs some work.

Kyle XY, what can I say? Even the name sounds boring, washed up, and so abc family. What I really don't get is that it's not even a family show? Episode 4, diving in, goes into the whole sex talk and the main character even has an erection! So there's an innocent family show for you there. It lacks those irrestible funny and sarcastic lines that I love in shows, and tries to make up for it by casting a cute/hott Kyle and family for the show. As Kyle "struggles" to find his place in the world, abc family makes a blind attemt at a sci-fi/action adventure thriller. It's pathetic. I also don't like Kyle's voice overs on all the episodes. This show lacks wit, and why it got renewed will always be a mystery, besides the fact that's it's abc family and what other good shows do they have anyway? However, after all of it's numerous faults, Kyle XY makes up for it by having an exceptionaly new idea for a show and keeping watchers hanging after every episode. It has a great conspiracy plot, that totally saves the show from the make or brake test. Being an action/adventure girl all the way, this show lacks the charm but somehow pulls through with a clever plot and daring conflicts, even overcoming the depressing family lessons the network tries so hard to get across.
  • Started out interesting but now very annoying to watch!

When this first came out it was quite fun to watch, Kyle's high intelligence and cool physical abilities made it an interesting watch.

But slowly as the series goes on you find that a few of the actors make watching Kyle XY unbearable. I find Lori, Jessi, Amanda and at times Declan very annoying. Maybe its the script or that they're just really bad actors, but for me personally these guys make Kyle XY a pain to watch.

The only characters I like are Kyle and Josh, the rest are just mediocre.

There's too much trying to keep each other happy going on in the series. All we need is Kyle to bust out some more cool moves and do more interesting things.

For now, in my opinion this is one of worst shows on TV right now.
  • The show has fizzled into another primetime soap opera, what a disappointment!!

6.8
    Attention all decent writers, Hollywood needs you as evidenced by the lack of progression in this series. This show is nothing more than another teen soap opera like one tree hill, dress in scifi wool! If you are looking for X-Files 2.0 then you had better click right past this one, perhaps Eureka on Scifi which is full of potntial. The show had a strong start and a good idea, but has fizzled and has really done little to advance the plot. It has taken a good idea and turned it into another primetime soap opera that has some scifi twist. The story lines seem to focus more on teen angst and don't really focus on the real mysteries of the show. The show has become obvious with no real surprises, and the main character seems to wonder through life with no motivation. The characters display little growth, and the plot is moving at a turtle's pace. I hate to say it, but I have watched my last episode.
  • The OC on the science fiction world

7.8
    I never really fond of alien and at the beginning, this show has alien written all over it… I almost drop it if it wasn't because the Tragger family…. I like the drama evolve the Tragger family, lori and her brother, he is cute, btw… and this show remind me a lot of The OC… new kid adopted by a very good family…. and falling in love with the next door neighbor who has a very complicated life and dating a jocks who cheating on her…. Kyle's monologue is pretty annoying for me… I don't like it....but the plot around the agency, mildly interesting…and Kyle XX happen… she is annoying but I gotta say they both (Kyle XY and XX) do a pretty good job…their acting is good…I almost thought they both are robots… lol….so I guess this show is pretty good to kill time waiting the strikes over….
  • A decent Sci-Fi/Coming-of-Age Drama.

It's surly not the best I've seen on TV but I'll give it credit for having it's suspenseful moments. It's a dark show but I feel it's a little to overwhelmed by light teen angst.

Acting, is off by a long shot. Matt Dallas just doesn't or hasn't yet proven he's a good lead actor. His face shows hardly any emotion other then "Oh, I'm happy" or "Oh, I'm sad". He gives to much of a cold stale face. The supporting cast on the other hand IMO carry the show, without them I'm sure Kyle XY wouldn't be this big or minor hit.

Mythology, is the only thing I'm midley interested in. Season 1 has given a lot of great clues to "Who's Kyle XY?" but hopefully Season 2 ventures out and deeper into it. I have a feeling if it does this and try to spread it's wings from the Trager family for at lease a few episodes Kyle XY could turn into a great series like Season 2 of Roswell.

Yes, many fans may not agree with this review but it's my opinion and it could possibly change, I have quite an open mind if you could believe this. So until I see Season 2, I'll leave it at this:

Kyle XY get's a 6.5 out of 10, it's a mediocre sci-fi with heart.
  • i have not seen the show but it look like the movie d.a.r.y.l. from the 80s

i have not seen the show but it look like the movie d.a.r.y.l. from the 80s
  • A Parent\\\'s point of view. This could have been a great show.

2.3
    Could have been a great show with an already interesting plot and very good acting until needless sexual innuendo and other adult themes started to take over the script.

While I do not necessarily object to the extranious adult themes in general, there is a time and place for everything.

I also feel that there was a bit of false advertising. The first few episodes where okay. They lightly hinted at some sexual subjects but they always managed not to cross the line.

On the fourth episode one of the main characters (16 yr old girl) loses here virginity behind some bushes. Another girl is shown in a compromising situation with a boy. Another kid gets an erection in public and the youngest son has a drinking problem. None of this has anything to do with the plot.

Some may point out that this particular episdoe had a warning that no one under 14 should watch it but what do you do about the other three episodes that got my kids hooked on what actually was a good story? Further, the subject matter was inapropriate even for 14 year olds to watch on T, and it was inapropriate for prime time.

Someone at the studio should be fired.
  • This Series is About A boy [a teenager] who is found in the middle of nowhere, with no one around. A family takes him in and cares for him, and it's basically about Kyle and his family trying to figure out who he really is.

2.7
    This show is TERRIBLY confusing, and unrealistic. I know it's a SHOW but Geesh. -- Alright, so there's this "teenager" with super powers, he was found alone in the forest just wondering around,he has no belly button, they can't figure out who he is, his family finds a picture of him that's dated 25 years before he was born, but it looks like him, and its just a mess. I can't imagine where this is heading. Maybe Im just being small minded, but this show just isn't my cup of tea. Hopefully the writers will get their act together in the last 2 episodes before the season finale.
  • The list is Life

33.56 minutes into the show you see Kyle picking up a candle and you can also see that he has a belly button...
  • It bad that this was so poorly done because the idea is good. It’s a lot like the police officer in the pilot; it looks good on the outside but it is totally incompetent and inadequate.

This should have been so much better...
    The idea is too good to screw up, still that’s what they’ve done. My first complaint is on the dialogue; frankly it is under all critique. It sounds like it’s written by either an old lady or a man dressed in beige with has a beard. “Hey, juice me!”, yeah that’s tough and teen:ish. The same person (probably the beige man) obviously also wrote the storyline, ‘casue its all facts. There’s just a series of scenes trying to establish fact after fact without any…thread. There’s no flow.
    The last critique I have is; if you are going to have a character that fixes computers, at least learn the basics of just computers. My advice is not to start fiddling with circuit board just because its there, and if you have a keyboard that shoots spark, you might want to get a less lethal one.
  • Well done but not orginal.

5.6
    I was intrigued by the poster I saw for the show -- of a guy with no navel -- and it's pretty well done. I was really hoping for something new. The poster reminded me of Aira Fight (for any of you who've read the Vanna Bonta FLIGHT adventure about the girl with no belly button who's new to earth and experiences the urban earth things) but that's not why I tuned in. I was hoping for something different, to grip me and make me want to come home and sit back and take off. So that happened in moments.

This is a mixed review because I did like the premise of someone who is mysterious, and there's a mystery to who or what they are.

The writers know how to make cliff hangers and draw out the search for the "Who - is - it " -- who is Kyle? It's a good mystery and the acting is OK but I had hoped it would be a little more orginal. Maybe the second season will. The whole stranger in a strange land has been done by Robert Heinlein. And the whole innocent newcomer girl without a navel has been done by Vanna Bonta. What is the problem with TV getting original material? That would make a good forum topic.

Aaron Spelling wasn't all that original but his programs worked.
  • This show Lacks excitment

this show really isnt that great it Lacks excitment Needs fine tuneing they made a show like this Before i forgot the name its very perditable obviously he will soon learn to speak english and stuff not very good show.Thats all i got to say about the show and that not sure if it will Last that Long but good luck.
  • GREAT

Kyle XY was one of the best shows.I enjoyed it very much.But i am sorry to see it ended and not being renewed.And that the last episode was not good ended.The writers could have done a little bit better with the last episode.Having kyle xy end with a happy ending,instead of making the people wonder how it ended like that and not knowing what follows next.But if they don't want to make another season of kyle XY,they could always make a movie of the show.Like how the film SERENITY was made from the series FIREFLY.That would be great if it would happen.
  • Smallville wannabe.

Although, I have only watched a few episodes of this show (season one), Kyle XY, it is nice. I really think this show is a Smallville wannabe. I'm referring to Smallville's first seasons. Always when I look at Kyle I see him as a low budget Clark Kent. Well, I can't deny it, he (Matt Dallas) is a hottie (just like Tom Welling)! This show reminds me a lot of Smallville. Mysterious teenager who is adopted and then finds out his amazing abilities. He has his own Lana Lang too, i.e., Amanda Bloom. Sometimes Kyle acts like a completely stupid person and his family doesn't help him. They're not as smart as the Kents. They don't seem to worry about the dangers a person like Kyle might have. Remember, I've only watched a few episodes of season one, I don't know what happens next. Anyway, I'm going to watch it. I'm so glad I can see Nicholas Lea again!
  • This show is about a boy who was born in the woods without a navel, he is taken in by a family and he begins to learn human ways.

I really liked this show. I thought it might be corny at first but I wathed it on itunes and it is great. I will be tuning in each week. I hope it stays as good as the pilot. The actor that plays Kyle is very good, he is very believable. The family that takes him in is very good too. This is going to be a family favorite all summer long. If you didn't see the pilot you should make sure you see it before you watch other episode to make sure you don't miss out on the big picture.
  • I used influential however the real word I was looking for would have to be has potential.

The pilot for the show is more of an introductory for the family aswell as setting the stage for further characterization. The girl being found as well as the stalker in the pickup. Has all the earmarks of being a good show. However only time will tell giving us all a better picture of what is to come and what we will have to look forward too. I do hope that this is not another shows they play one season and take it off. like some of the other show\'s I enjoy (of course won\'t mention any names)
    We shall see
  • Like watching an infant grow, it has plesant surprises.

I usualy don't watch shows like this (you know the abc family shows advertised in theaters before your movie starts) but I was intrigued by the idea of watching a teenager learning about his surroundings,I figured it was worth a shot and I was right! This show was a plesant suprise from the mindless dribble I usually watch. Watching him get beat up by a useless street thug and do nothing about it, then watching him kick a trained police officers ass I just had to laugh a little. Kyle has a strange way of interpreting things, but pretty accurate ones. If you put yourself in his shoes you might come to the same conclousions as he did. Overall it's definately one I'll come back to.
  • This sci-fi show is about a boy of about 16 years old who is found in the woods with no awareness of the world around him. He is taken into a shelter and then later taken in by a family and named Kyle.

Kyle XY is a great show. It keeps you guessing and you never wanna look away. I can't wait for the next episode! Matt Dallas, the actor who plays Kyle, is a great actor for the show. He portrays Kyle so well and actually makes it very very enjoyable. His smile is always showing that he is ready to explore. It's great.
  • give it a chance!

I think with time this show could be a good one. Hopefully they do not cancel it before hand. Now regarding the show itself, I think it is a lot better than the shows that are going on on basic cable tv channels right now. And since it's playing in the summer, it really is nice to watch something that is not a repeat, and that's not reality tv. Sorry, I am sick of reality tv.
    So good luck Kyle XY, and please ABC Family, do not cancel the show without reaching some kind of story line resolution! Don't let it be all about how much you make.
  • How did that commercail put it? Oh yeah. "XY marks the spot." ---- I believe them.

I didn't watch this show on its original Monday night airing. All the trailors I had seen made it look, well let's be honest, campy and stupid. But when I was flipping through channels one Saturday night after watching Gone With the Wind, I stumbled upon the beginning of this show. I was bored, it was late, and nothing else was on. Three ingredients perfect for any TV viewage. So, I settled down and watched the pilot. I was immediately entranced by the performance of "Kyle". The actor managed to pull off a newbron innocence without coming across as dopey or smarmy. The story intrigued me (being a big Point Pleasant fan) and the characters seemed all but uninteresting. I hope more people can overcome the cheesy trailors and give this show a try. If not, they don't know what they're missing. Kyle XY may be the best new sci-fi show on television.
  • Kyle, a boy with no past strides to find out who he is.

Kyle XY. Many have said that this show is unoriginal, a copy of the Sci-Fi channel's John Doe. But Kyle XY has been in the making for years, even before John Doe was aired. I haven't seen John Doe, but after hearing other people claim the showes are alike, I am interested in watching it.

Kyle Xy is my new favorite show. I track it every week, watching it when it premiers on Monday and the re-run on Friday night. The show was a little wierd to me at first and I was reluctant to watch it after seeing the trailer, but immediately after I began watching it, I was hooked. This show is cutting edge, I give it a 9.5.
  • Holy crud!!!!!!!! This show is amazing!!!!!!!!

Tonight was the premere and WOW was it good!!! It started out with this boy and he wakes up nacked and dishovled in the woods. So he walks around and lands himself into a childrens home. So the guy, Kyle, is narriating the whole thing from his point of view so your not all man who is this freak. Ok, so I was like that anyway but you get what I'm saying. So then he gets put in this really nice family's home and kind of disturbs them, well hello he disturbs everyone. How about that rattle snake thing? To freaky. Anyway the family took him in and they basically found out that he is some sort of super geniuos. In the end the mom and him have this "breakthrew" and she decides that she just can't get red of him. Then at the very end thier all setting at dinner and they all kind of symboliclly accept him in thier family. I can't wait until next Monday!!!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10