Kyle XY

What's the Frequency, Kyle?

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jul 30, 2007 on ABC Family

• I thought a lot of parts were predictable.

I was a little disappointed with this episode, i realized straight away who had attacked Lori, i also thought, since kyle now has this holographic memory ability, could he not just "go to" the time Lori was attacked and, seeing he can walk around in his memory, just walked to where she was being attacked and taken a look at her attacker?? y
    that would have been awesome. I also have to admit, i think Amanda is sweet and all but i just find her so boring... uninteresting. i would have preferred kyle and Jesse to connect, maybe make Amanda go after kyle a bit. (i thought their connection would be more Adam and Eve, but my partner says their connection is that of siblings... to bad)

I don't like seeing Declan with Jesse so it was good seeing him meet up with Lori, with some chick flicks and good company... though i did admire Lori's courage and ability to cope. Not all would have dealt so well with the situation. It was nice seeing a more vulnerable side to Emily, and even Jesse. How is no one has noticed she's like Kyle???

Coma communication skill... COOL
  • not the best episode, but still very good, slightly better than last week

for me, this wasn't one of the better episodes of season 2, lori was attacked in the last episode and we finally find out it was jessi, not a big shocker, that girl is usually kinda creepy but i started to feel for her in this episode, that doesn't justify why she attacked lori but i do feel bad for her, josh was sweet with telling lori how much he cared, he's definately earning points with me this season, but what was up with the lack of andy ?, she's gonna be on next week but i would have liked a mention of her, i couldn't really get into the storyline about stephens dad, he was in coma the whole episode and we didn't get to hear his side of the story, kyle and amanda are heavily featured as usual, their cute and everything but i rather have josh and andy, in my opinion, they're the best couple (potential couple) on the show and the writers are wasting it, there better be some great josh/andy stuff next week
  • I like how Kyle could communicate with Stephen's Dad!

I loved this episode....
    Kyle was so sweet in this and Amanda helping him and telling him he could do it was cool.
    I wish people really could comunicate from a coma but there isn't anyone like Kyle that can get the message through! Although I watched this episod ages ago I can still kind of remember it! I can't believe Kyle! I mean he is to talented and great!
    And Jessi, well even though we know where she came from she is way more stranger than Kyle when he first got into the Trager house. But I liked Kyle from the start, not Jessi.
    She is just too weird for me, I think they programed her wrong!
  • A person should communicate to his/her loved ones in order to stay stronger.

This episode proves that Kyle Xy does not only make the people enjoy each episode per week. It also makes the people feel what the characters feel.

I think this is a very touching and emotional episode. Actually, I don't really like the plot of the story since it failed to continue the suspense that was brought last week. However, there is an element in the episode "What's The Frequency, Kyle?" that makes it great. I was touched by the story of Steven and his father but I was more touched with Josh having concern with Lori. I think that the main theme of this episode is communication. We sometimes forget to have conversation with our loved ones because of our busy lives. In this way, we are creating gaps between us and our loved ones. We feel that it's very "OA" to say that we care for them. Because of that, we tend to disregard them as part of our lives which creates misunderstanding just like what happened to Steven and his father. But Josh didn't waste his time to tell to Lori how much he cares for his sister.

Finally, this episode brings one of the best ending ever. Kyle and Amanda kissed (finally!). This is really the first time we see them doing kissing and as a fan of Kyle, I am very happy for him. I think he feels like in heaven when he is kissing Amanda. Over-all, this is another spectacular episode!
  • I love all Kyle XY episodes, and I don't think this one was the best.

Kyle help Steven reach his Dad, Lori deals with being attacked, Amanda and Kyle finally get their first kiss.

I thought this episode was good but not the best. I liked it when Kyle helped Steven reach out to his Dad, I thought that was very heart warming.

When I found out that Jessie was the one who attacked Lori I was suprised because I actually truly thought it was Tom Foss. Never mind because Jessie felt bad about attacking her and gave back the necklace. I don't think Tom would do anything like that.

Im glad Amanda and Kyle finally got their first kiss, although Kyle looked rather scared when Amanda was getting closer and closer to him, it was still cute. Its a shame there wasn't much Josh and Andy, although I hear that there's more of them in the next episode, Ghost in the Machine. Appearently we find out whats really wrong with Andy!!!
  • Well we meet Mr. Trager and Lori has a huge bruise on the side of her face.

Well I'm watching it right now so as the show goes on I am reviewing. Lori is really weird in this episode. She is like trying to be all macho and everybody is just trying to protect her. But hey it isn't so much Foss leaving weird just not like her usual self this season weird. After seeing Jessi write down what Nicole wrote I am not quite sure what will happen. Jessi might get the worng interpretation whil Nicole wants to help her and isn't sure about Emily. This thing with Kyle and Mr. Trager is just the newest power Kyle has. Mr. Trager is sending messages to Kyle but when it happens Kyle puts his hand on his head and the heart monitor changes weirdly. Whoa! Emily almost resigned. I'm sensing something with Emily and her boss from Madacorp after the Paige incident. And there goes Kyle finding the letter and being the hero. Ah, Josh and Lori so touchy. And her necklace is back. And we finish with Kyle and Amanda kissing so beautiful.
  • Heartwarming, interesting and well written!

This had to be my favorite episode this season. It shows how great Kyle can be for those around him. I loved the steven storyline. most shows like this don't take the time to invest in the rest of the family characters. It's great to see Kyle do it with such delicacy and honesty. Jessi's journey was very pleasing as well. i felt like this was the first episode where she didn't seem like some robot. she should complexity and depth in confronting her issues. i wasn't enitrely surprised when we found out jessi was lori's attacker but I like the way the reveal was imbedded in her character's storyline and not just tagged on at some point. i really love where this season is headed!
  • gives me hope that maybe it will last another season

I continue to appreciate the way this show address or at least mentions and semi-explores issues that our society and culture in America face.
    Other than that, it's nice to see some character development occuring and I wonder if we'll be left with a cliff hanger at the end of the season. I keep expecting the season to end since there were so few episodes to start the show last year. Are there more episodes to come then, this season 2?

Jessie is a character that I used to loathe, and now, maybe I'll change my mind just a bit. It's interesting to watch her be so clueless, innocent and yet deadly. I wonder who will ultimately be the more powerful: kyle or Jessie?
  • Steven's dad has a stroke, Lori deals with being attacked and Kyle and Amanda kiss.

A very special episode with lots of character development and, finally, the KISS!

A nicely paced episode which starts off slowly and then builds to the climactic kiss between Kyle and Amanda.

I loved the Decland and Lori scenes and hope they get back together. In my mind it's clear that Jessi was the one who attacked Lori and stole the necklace, but other reviews seems to have doubts. I wonder what will happen to Jessi when they actualy 'reboot' her. Does she lose all the memories she made up till then?? How will Nicole respond to that??

I also thought Josh' protective feeling for Lori were very sweet.

Finally Kyle and Amanda get to kiss.
  • The last episode was pretty poor for me, but I have something to say now after seeing this episode: The show I love is back!

Another great episode, this one goes back to the old chemistry and adds a new ability into the mix. My favourite episodes are ones that bring new elements of mystery into the mix, and those that make you really think. This episode did just that, and it also brought in some excellent character development. Jessi's character is becoming more human as we get to know her, but something still feels off with her. Kyle's character gets more interesting every episode, but Jessi lacks the spark and interest that Kyle possesses. It is possible that her character is this way because she is under control somewhat, but it's still odd. The episode brings some interesting questions to the table as well as some shocking answers/events. Again, awesome episode, this one really brought a smile to my face and I was happy with how it turned out.
  • Fine example of ensemble show!

The kiss finally happened. Even though it may have taken awhile for Kyle and Amanda to kiss it eventually happened for sure. As this was what the fans were hoping to get. Meanwhile Kyle comforts Steve over the stroke his father is having and how his dad is in a coma and may not live. Very touching moment. Kyle seemed to predict it that Steve's father would suffer a stroke way, way, before he father did eventually! Tearjerker in its own right.
  • Starts off kind of slow, but makes a lot of progress in the end.

I have to admit, the Stephen and his dad plot wasn't my favorite, and so for me the episode started kind of slow. In the end though, we learn a lot of things that contribute to the whole story.

We finally see Emily's daughter, after she is threatened by MadaCorp. Lori and Declan finally seem to be patching things together, and are slowly going back to their old usual ways.

Josh even declares his love for his sister. (Which was kind of weird for him to say. :P lol)

We also find out that Lori's necklace was in Jessi's possession. It could mean two things. One, Jessi attacked Lori, or Foss did it, but Jessi just took the loot. Either way, I hope we find out something about it in the next few episodes. Foss hasn't appeared in the last two. I wonder what has happened to him. I also am still wondering what the significance of Kyle's ring is. I think that the show ought to address these storylines in the near future. :D

Overall, it was an ok episode, and it also ended with Kyle and Amanda's first kissing scene.
  • Well written episode. Amanda and Kyle kiss.

Last week i just barely had started watching this show and i always that this show was kind of boring. But after this episode i am really hooked. I now am wondering who attacked Lori. If Lori and Declan will be together soon. And how Amanda and Kyles relationship will turn out. Personally in my own opinion i think it was Jessie who attacked her. When she goes sees Lori her actions around her proved it all. In the middle of the episode we see that Jessie has the necklace that the attacker has stolen which is all the proof i need to know she did it. In my opinion i think Lori and Declan will end up together if only Foss wouldn't get involved with it. I love this show now. Don't want to miss another episode.
  • The KISS!!! YAY!

Oh My! This episode was truley why I watch this series. I'm glad Kyle XY is not completly focused on the sci-fi stuff. The kiss between Kyle and Amanda was amazing. It really was what I have been waiting for since I started watching Kyle XY. You can really see the chemistry between these two wonderfully-trained actors. Both of these actors were just fabulous. I also loved the fact that this episode shows just how much Josh really cares about Lori. The viewers finally saw the love between them. The only problem I had with this episode is that I would have liked to see more of Josh and Andy's relationship developing. :)
  • The kiss!

Stephen hears that his father is in the hospital after having a stroke. He and his father always fought and the last time they saw each other, they had said some pretty mean things. Kyle is receiving messages from Stephen's father even though he is in a coma. We find out that Jessi is the one who attacked Lori but no one else knows. Josh cares for Lori. Jessi tells Nicole that Emily scares her sometimes. Emily brings her to Madacorp so they can change her attitude. Kyle and Amanda kiss for the first time!

This was a great episode! I really feel for Jessi because she has no idea what's going on and Emily is controlling her life, literally. I thought it was great how Stephen reacted when he found out that his father read the letter. This episode gets a 10 out of 10!
  • Just plain Great...

The Episode its self was Wonderful, it had moments that we the fans, have been waiting for! Kyle and Amanda finally kiss, but the question is who Attacked Lori. Me and My sister think it was Jessi, because Lori may still have feelings for Declan,But Jessi has Feelings for Declan aswell. Is sorta a Cat Fight. In the Last episode we experinced Jessi's full power, it was Shocking.. When the episode was coming to a End I was Hyp'd up waiting for the moment for Amanda and Kyle to kiss. One thing I Like about this season is that There putting more Time into the Story Plot. I hope they keep the good work up.
  • So Lori is recovering from her attack from last week and a reconcilliation with Declan seems imminent. Stephen's estranged father slips into a coma and Kyle helps the two connect before it is too late. Jessi's therapy takes a bad turn.

So wow...

First off the best part of last night's episode was the Jessi storyline, the whole thing with the pencil was so cool. Nicole's analysis is pretty dead on which upset Jessi so much, she actually was able to show the things she lacked. It became painfully obvious that she attacked Lori early on in the episode. It was redeeming though to see her return the necklace to Lori, hopefully she will continue on this path.

We also got a glimpse into Emily's personal life and her mother and daughter.

Kyle's story was pretty cool helping Stephen connect with his dying father. I am a bit curious as to Kyle blacking out and drawing the mural of the living room, what was that about.

Lori seems to be handling things well, she excepts that she can't change what happened, it was very mature of her. It was also nice ot see her and Declan up to their old ways. Josh's handling of the situation was surprising and very sincere.

Next week looks really good.
  • Cleverly plotted

omg! i loved this episode, like how kyles dads dad had a stroke and is in the hospital, and how kyle drew the picture of ST. augistine. then jessi being able to write down what kyles mom wrote d own just by memory and how the pencil moved. and the make-up crew good at cuts cuz they look real. i was wondering why kyle looked so dirty when he woke up then they showd the wall picture,and i was like omg! then they showed the real place,and it looked excatly the same as the picture, i give this epiosed a 10!