La Femme Nikita

Gray

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Mar 10, 1997 on USA

• Different from previous episodes, somehow special but mostly - very exciting

So, for a start, we have only Michael almost and after the theft in Section, he is sent to Prague to get get back the files what contains information about every operative in Section. They win the bidding but get the files back isn't so easy. We do have some stylish moments on Prague - like Michael who looks so sincere when he thanks the opposite bidder for returning the head of one of their agents.

So, we get back .. where ever normally they are, just to let the stoler assassinated. The probability stays that he might met someone in bus, so they go trough the people there and Gray Wellman is the possible person, who might have the files now - so Nikita is brought in and as most of the times, she, again, get emotionally involved, start to care and then fall in with the guy.

But all this should be on background as the files are important - that leads Nikita in dangerous situation as she gets dangerous necklace (I adored the scene where she gets back to Section and how easily she manages to give information without telling it and the way the play that conversation). She goes back and they stage her explosion, to get Benko. Nikita has to put herself into the risk, of course, and for moment give us the feel that maybe Benko thinks about pushing that button - but we all know he won't. So she has the button and for a moment, she almost gives it to Michael - but no.. she still holds it for herself. Very symbloic.

I also most say that scene on the middle of the episode, when she mets Benko's agent and he tooks his weapon out - and as always - Michael just has to be near. It was quite sweet. Plus I liked the ending - why he was there, we can not know sure, but he is keeping his eyes on her.
  • Fatal Attraction

7.1
    A good episode which sees Nikita again falling for somebody she's supposed to be monitoring, Gray also has a good storyline but, sadly, has too many loose ends for it to be a complete masterpiece.

Gray sees a terrorist breaching Section's security and stealing a directory full of files on Section's operatives. Nikita goes undercover and starts dating the man who may unknowingly have the directory and ends up falling for him.

Callum Keith Rennie gives an excellent performance as Gray and he has genuine chemistry with Peta Wilson. It's nice to see her in a relationship with somebody who hasn't got an evil agenda (unlike Alec Chandler in Charity) and their scenes together make for some of the most memorable moments in this episode.

Gray is one of the more obvious spy stories and there are numerous other memorable moments which feel like they've been ripped straight out of a James Bond movie. The explosive necklace and the staging of Nikita's death being two most noteworthy.

Although, the ending is slightly annoying, with the directory failing to be recovered. Section seem a little too blasé about it and you end up thinking that the entire story was pretty pointless. When looking at the teaser and the concerned look on the faces of Operations and Madeline when they discover the directory has been stolen, you would expect that they wouldn't just let it stay missing.

Despite some annoyances, Gray is an excellent episode most notable for good performances from Peta Wilson and Callum Keith Rennie, and more hints at Michael's attraction to Nikita.